Old 12-23-2009, 09:19 AM   #211  

Height: 5'7"

Hello?? I'm sure everyone is busy with the holiday. The only reason I have time to post is that I'm working and NO one is here so I'm taking it easy, doing some work, then some personal computer time and then some work....

So, as you know I'm plotting a plan for next year. I have decided that I am getting this weight off next year or I am just going to forget about it. I'm really tired of this as my hobby. I want to loose the weight and then have a new hobby of keeping it off.

So, I want to loose 100 lbs. I know...it's a lot...but it can be done...I might not get it all off in a year but I will count success as losing 75% of that number.

I did some searching on the internet about how to loose 100 pounds in a year. I have some pretty interesting information and it all seems very truthful and doable.

One thing I leanred is that I need to not only drop my caloric intake but I need to get 30% of my calories from protein, 50% from carbs and 20% from fats. They also say that I need to split my 3 main meals into 6 during the day so that I am properly nourishing my body and stop it from thinking that I am starving. Also, I must exercise for 30 minutes twice a day for six days a week. This means that some days will have cardio morning and night and some days iwll have one cardio workout and one weight workout.

So, I think I have a good base there, now the task of how I can do all those things. I have some ideas in mind and I'll be sharing those later.

I hope everyone is having a good day!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:30 PM   #212  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Susie- It all makes sense. The tough part would be getting in 2 workouts a day. I hope you figure it all out. Let me know what else you learn.

I am so close to a new low. I have been 177 and 177.2 for a few days. If only a half pound would disappear, i could dip down to 176. PLEASE???
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:24 PM   #213  

Hi-I hope everyone had a nice Christmas. We sure did. We had time to spend with family and friends and that makes it really nice for me.

Today marks the end of all the holiday dinners--and I'm glad. It's always good food but so much of it! I have about all the straggling "treats" pitched out of the house. I have made a decision that starting tomorrow with the food I'm getting back on track and on Monday with the exercise.

I told my husband we are going to the Y to walk every night next week. We won't be able to go on Friday because they will be closed but we have a friend who is turning 40 that day and that night he is having a party complete with a DJ, so I'm DANCING! That has to count as exercise.

Mindy: I sure hope you get that number you want....it would be a Christmas miracle for you!

You are right that getting in 2 workouts a day would could be tough but I think it is doable since I'm committed to meeting a co-worker friend every day to walk-n-talk....it takes us about 30 min to walk the building so that would count as one and then I would have my after-work workout.

I also have something in place to ensure that I get to the Y. The hardest nights for me to get there are Monday and Tuesday. We both (DH and I) get stuck at work and then we have to fix dinner, go to workout and since we both don't get off work until 5 and drive 30 min to work it makes it hard..the hard part is getting dinner. So, I have a friend who is going to cooking school. I am going to pay her $20.00 a week to fix us dinner on Monday and Tuesday.

I had been keeping track of how many times we went out to dinner or did fast food on Monday and Tuesday and it was about 3 times a month. That easily adds up to $20 and it's not good food...so I think I found a solution.

I'm looking forward to hearing from everyone.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:28 AM   #214  

Hi! Just checking in. I'm working from home today. NOTHING is going on at all. I'm cleaning out electronic files and I will also be cleaning my house. I'll do some work, check email, do some work, check email. I have to do this tomorrow too.

Are you thinking about your New Years Resolutions?
Old 12-28-2009, 09:18 AM   #215  
mtiger

Wink

Well Susie. It looks like we are going to have to go hunt down our other comrades. They have been missing for a while.

Sounds like you have a great plan in place. I'm sure you will get those 2 workouts in each day. Having someone make your dinner sounds great. Wish I knew someone i could pay to cook for me. I'm sure it will all be low-cal, healthy food too. Good luck to ya.

My Goal for Dec. has been to maintain, but secretly I want to lose a little. Even if it's just a pound. I have been hanging around in the 177 area for a while now. TOM should be any day now so I am considering myself in VERY good shape right now. Last month I gained 6 pounds before and during TOM. Hopefully that is not going to happen this time.

I want to end the year at a new lowest weight. It could be 176.8, but even that would make me happy. I started the progesterone cream again, so maybe that will help. We'll see.

I am having lunch this week with the girls from work. It will be my one good cheat meal of the week. I haven't been very strict with calories and think I am actually eating a bit more. Maybe that is the trick.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:21 AM   #216  

Hi. Not to much going on here. I'm working from home today, then I'm off work until Jan.4th.

This working from home isn't to bad--I work a little--mostly just check email..but not to much is going on in that area. I cleaned out my electronic files yesterday. I also got the tree put away and the other other Christmas decorations put away as well.

I cleaned my home office and today I'm going to clean my house. I might go to lunch with a friend.

Mindy: How did lunch go? BTW, I went looking for Ward on FB and sent her a message that we miss her here.

How are things looking for that 176.8?
Old 12-29-2009, 09:39 AM   #217  
mtiger

Wink

Susie- I also contacted Ward by PM. Hopefully she will stop in and say hi.

TOM is starting today. I am up a few pounds- 179.6. But hey, I'm not over 180 and still feel like I'm in good shape. Hoping for that 176 after TOM.

Lunch was fun and we are doing it again today with our "extended" group of friends. Christmas break is kind of weird. I don't have much to do. I am going to do some scrapbooking as soon as I get some pictures printed.

Enjoy your time.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:10 AM   #218  

Good morning. I have a lot to do today. I'm getting ready to clean the bathroom and after that my whole house is cleaned. We will have people over tomorrow night and I wanted to have the house cleaned before tomorrow so that tomorrow I can truly relax.

I have an interview today. I have never heard anything from that one company that I went to KY to interview with but they told me I would hear something eithier way and so I'm being positive about it--I haven't been told no yet. I did call yesterday and they were out of the office last week and this week so I left a message that I was checking the status.

So, since I don't know what that status is I am still applying for jobs and today I have an interview. After that interview I'm stopping by Barns and Noble and picking out my journal for 2010.

Mindy: How are the numbers looking now that TOM is here?

I hope we see Ward soon. How's Kelly...is she coming back to us?
Old 12-30-2009, 09:08 AM   #219  
mtiger

Wink

Susie- Good positive attitude. I know I would hate to be job hunting right now. You keep working at it though. I'm sure you will end up where you will be happy.

TOM never really got rolling yesterday like I thought it would. I went up again today. Darn it all. I was 181.2. I was hoping to not go over 180, but what can I do. I know what it's from and know it will go away soon. I just want it to leave me lower than before.

Kelly got me the new BL DVD's for Christmas. I did last chance workout last night. It was good. It is one minute cardio, one minute strength move. HIIT training. I'm sure it will make it's way to my favorites list. It really worked the arms. They are a little sore this morning.

Hopefully Kelly will come back and post soon. I know she is here reading.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:40 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 235/171/150

Ironically, I got on here to post tonight, because I really need to get back on track, and Susie and Mindy, you are both asking about me. Thank you for supporting me even though I have seemingly dropped off the face of the earth. I am working hard to get back on track. I got the new BL DVD's for Xmas and even though I haven't tried them yet, I am looking forward to it. Tonight my hubby and I went to Kohl's and I got a new workout shirt and pants. I am happy to say when we got home I put them on and we did WATP 30 min walk. I feel good about it and I will continue. Through the fall and holidays I have put on about 4-5 pounds, and I do not like it. I feel like all my muscle tone is gone and it has been replaced with fat. It sucks. And I will change it.

Susie--I hope the job hunt goes well. Looking for a job is no picnic, and can be depressing. Hopefully you can keep your spirits up through the interviews, because you WILL get the job you desire! Keep up the good work on creating your plan for 2010. This is the year you will make it happen.

Mindy--How is the picture printing going? I am so sorry to hear you went up today. I was rooting for that 176 for you. You will get there. Hopefully adding Last Chance Workout and P90X to your stack of DVD's will help! I really am glad to hear your arms are sore today!

Have a great New Years Eve girls, and keep the alcohol calories to a minimum!!
Kelly530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:38 PM   #221  

Hi--well...it's almost here...the brand new start to a new year...I feel excitment.

Thank you to all 3 of you, Mindy, Ward and Kelly for supporting me even though I did not make progress in 2009 with my weight-loss. 2010 is going to be different...I have plans in place and they are plans I have thought out and I know will work for me. Work is the key word...because I've got that to do with them...but it is work that it natural to me.

As for the job search...it is tough...I'm trying to look now before I have to...I have a job, it just doesn't feel that secure. I know the right thing will come along, but just like my weight-loss I have to be the one who is working for it.

Mindy: No matter what that number on the scales says today, you have accomplished so much and I know that in 2010 you will again reach your goals.

Kelly: You have had a lot of changes to deal with and if you have only gained 5 lbs I'd say you have done very well. It looks like you have things ready to kick off in 2010...we will be there for you.

Ward: I hope you are out there reading...because we miss you and we need you. I saw on FB that you are thinking about a triathlon? You know where to find your support team!

I hope everyone has a great new years eve. We are going to dinner with 8 friends and then we will be back home with everyone.

One glass of wine...ok...maybe 2 are on the menu for me tonight but that's it!

See you all tomorrow. Is someone going to start a new thread? I've never done it but if I need to I can try...just let me know.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:32 PM   #222  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

I am reading, but with the kids home the last two weeks I haven't had time to reply. So sorry!

I will be ready for a new thread tomorrow. I'll start it if no one else wants to ...

Happy New Year, y'all!

Last edited by WardHog; 12-31-2009 at 03:32 PM.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:27 AM   #223  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

New thread is up!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote