Old 01-01-2011, 08:10 AM   #1  

Default Steel Magnolias #1

Good morning to you gals! I actually started a thread yesterday and it has disappeared so will try again today. Hope you are having a wonderful New Year's Day.

I went to bed early, but woke up when they started shooting off fireworks. That lasted about half an hour and then the power went out for a couple minutes. It was just enough that you had to start everything over again and fix all the clocks and such.

We had a horrible storm last evening and the rain was coming straight down. The side of the garage looked like it had one of those high priced wall falls that people put in their houses built against a wall. We had tornados around here too, but all is quiet now. It was really warm yesterday, but it is chilly again this morning.

We aren't doing much today. I am going to send Jack to the store later to get some pork n beans and a couple cans of sliced new potatoes. I am making meat loaf, scalloped potatoes and baked beans for dinner and discovered I had neither potatoes nor beans. I find I like the new potatos better than slicing regular potatoes and have used them for a couple years now.

I haven't made much headway on the second sock and I should be ashamed of myself. I guess if she hadn't already gotten a gift from me I would have rushed it more, but this is kind of afterthought now. I do need to get them finished and shipped off though.

I have been tickled at Jack. His was in on a contest picking football bowl winners. He said he has done this for several years and has always picked the wrong team the first bowl game played. He said this year he won the first bowl game played and thought that insured him sucess. Well, his picks have been the worst ever! He has picked about 80% of the games wrong this year!

I can't remember what you gals were talking about so no personals today. I will pick them back up tomorrow. You gals have a fine rest of the weekend. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #2  

Its 53 degrees already and overcast. Faye's storms are on their way to us...starting tonight and tomorrow.

Faye, I think it's nice to start the New Year with a fresh tread. Your thread from yesterday didn't disappear, it's a couple down on the list. I'm afraid I don't even know the names of all the football teams anymore, let alone be able to pick a winner. Maybe you could send your sister the socks for Valentine's Day.

I've got sauerkraut and pork in the crock pot and I'll have it with mashed potato and green beans.

I'm starting a new applique quilt today. I really shouldn't but I'm getting tired of the one I'm working on so need a little time off.

The holidays are behind us now, so back OP and I will reach my personal goal this year. I wrote down my New Year's goals and how I'll reach them.

Enjoy your day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:27 PM   #3  
Thin Within

Talking Saturday 1-1-11

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a chilly day here in the Heartland with a temp of 22 degrees that "feels like" 8 degrees because of the NNW wind at 16 mph. Will has gone for a Wal*Mart run and I elected to stay right here in my office. Got a new battery put in my pedometer and I have been working on my little WW binder that uses 3 3/4 x 6 3/4 paper. I have a section in it that is titled "Helps ~ Articles and strategy to help ME along my way to reaching goal." It sports 112 pages of good things to help me along this road to thin. All "sensible" articles about what we are about. I also have all the WW "Tools for Living" made into smaller sized to fit into this little binder. I imagine they are still using those and if they don't they should for they are really a good help. My binder is not static for it continually changes as needed. We called for pizza last night so our meal today will be what I had planned for last evening. Steak, salad and squash. The dogs are both sleeping and all is well. Remember my telling you that the office supply place down town gave Will a lot of paper? He just brought in a box of plastic document covers and a box of mailing lables. I had mentioned awhile back I needed a couple of the plastic covers and look what I got. I doubt very seriously that I will ever use a whole box of them ~ ever. What I manily use them for is when I get a glass booklet that has patterns I want I take them out of the booklet and place them in the plastic sleeves then in a binder. Makes it so much easier when I want to use a pattern to make a copy of them to cut glass from. Will bought some training pee pads to try to get this little mutt trained. Seems he doesn't like going out in the snow to do his business. If Ragg Mopp is out for his job then Beanie goes also but when he is put out there alone it is a different story. OH the joys of training a puppy.

DONNA FAYE Thanks for starting a brand new thread for a brand new year. I got a kick out of Jacks picks for games. Good thing he isn't a "heavy" better. I agree with Susan, why not make those sox for a valenties present.

SUSAN It is good to leave one project and do another then get back to the other one fresh. Some things just need a break from. What type of applique are you doing on your quilt? We never had a traditional new years meal so we just fix what we want. However, your meal sounds delicious.

JEAN And what are you up to this day?

All y'all have a wonderful 1-1-11 this day. Then we will have in this year a 1-11-11 and a 11-1-11 and a 11-11-11. What fun. Type at y'all later.

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #4  

Happy New Year to all! The wind is blowing like crazy and the sun manages to peek through the clouds every once in awhile. We didn't get much snow and since it rained first, it is stuck down and has to be "chunked" up. Bob has been outside working on the driveway. It's warmed up to 7 degrees with a -18 wind chill! I've been looking for my calendar that I had written all the important birthdays, etc., on before Christmas and now I can't find it. I'm sure I put is someplace stupid so will continue my search. Meanwhile I've cleaned out two drawers and a cupboard looking for it.

Maggie -- I grew up with a herd of buffalo on a farm close to my hometown, so never thought much about them as we would see them along the highway fences all the time. I would like to go to SD when they have the roundup in the fall. It sounds like you have your WW and healthy eating ideas well organized.

Susan -- You will have the gain gone in no time flat. Losing anything around holiday time is a major accomplishment in my book, and you have done well with 8.2#s gone. What colors did you choose for your new quilt? You are so lucky to have a variety of exercise classes to choose from. I wish I had someone to go with and somewhere to go where the members aren't all young skinny minnies. Thanks for sharing the WW Reminders -- I do way too many BLTs!

"Gma" -- I saw thread #61. It seems strange to hear you mention tornadoes this time of year. I hope you didn't have any damage beyond sloppy wet. I'm not a football fan so have no clue on teams beyond IA, MN, and NE football. Bob really doesn't have favorites; he just likes to watch a good game.

I hear Bob has come inside so guess I will make a pot of fresh coffee.

Have a relaxing day and enjoy the new year with new challenges!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:29 AM   #5  

Good morning ladies. I sat and listened to unending bowl games last night, UGH! He was willing to go upstairs and watch them in the bedroom, but I told him I liked the company even with the football so he watched 3 games, one after another. I bought myself the newest JD Robb book for my Iphone and sat and read it! lol That'll teach him... Actually, the book was about 1/3 of the cost of buying a hardback so it was a steal at $13.

Susan: Oooh honey you made my mouth water saying you were have kraut and pork. I am a good ole German Jew and I grew up on Sauerkraut and pig hocks! My grandma used to make it in this big stone crocks. Jack hates the stuff so I never get to eat it unless I just buy a can and eat it. I like it right out of the can. When we were little mom used to put sugar on it to get us to eat it! I am kind of that way with my sister's socks so it is a nice idea to send them for Valentine's day. I may start Kelly's socks. She won some expensive yarn on some online charity thing and asked if I would make her socks from them. They are bright, bright colors and I am itching to see what the colorways will be.

Jean: You are having some winter. I noticed it is 15 degrees in South Bend this morning, but it is just a tad warmer here at 26. It is supposed to get into the 40's here today though. It was pretty chilly yesterday, but the rain has finally moved out. One thing I absolutely love about you is you always give me a giggle when you misplace something. I always have in my mind this big "lost" room full of all of your missing cards, calendars, wrapping paper, keys etc calling to "come get us, come get us!" ! The tornados killed 7 people so far. I read an article where a couple mobile homes were found torn up a mile from their base and one of them was 15 feet up in a tree. I posted a message on Facebook to a guy I went to high school with as he and his family live in Little Rock, where a lot of the stuff was centered, but haven't heard anything so I wonder if they are having power issues there.

Maggie: Good for you to have your weight loss year all organized. Fortune is trained to use both. He has more accidents now that he is older though as he just can't hold it very well anymore. We lived in Indiana when we bought Fortune and it was in February. I remember bringing him home in the pocket of my coat. He weighed a little less then 2 lbs and there was a good foot of snow on the ground. We lived in this fancy pants apartment complex that was completely fenced so we would carry him down to the fence border and dig a little place for him to go and then carry him back into the house.

Well gals, I need to get some work done this morning and we need to get us some breakfast going. Have a great day today and stay warm and dry! Faye
Old 01-02-2011, 01:04 PM   #6  

Good afternoon, ladies. Raining but 60s today. Water is getting high from the snow melting and now rain, but no flood warnings yet.

Church was long this morning because we had 2 infant baptisms. Both babies were as good as gold, never cried or fussed the whole 1-1/2 hours. The little girl though it was bath time and splashed Father Mike good. I had to stop at Walmart, which I am not fond of, and now I'm making a pot of Lentil and Barley Stew. It was a recipe in the newspaper and looked good, easy, and all I had to do was cut the oil and butter (1/4 cup each) down to 4 teaspoons of olive oil.

Faye, I had a kitten I brought home in my coat pocket. There were 5 kittens left in a grocery sack in a restaurant parking lot. I took Sam. He was coal black except for a tiny spot of white under his chin. Do you remember how popular sauerkraut salad was years ago?

Maggie, I'm still downing vinegar, too. I can just see Beanie standing outside all alone wondering why he is out there. You certainly are all organized for your WW meeting. It will certainly help you be successful.

Jean, do you have your long underwear on? I shudder just to think about cold temperatures like that. I hope you found your calendar.

Time to go do a little quilting. Have a great day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:41 PM   #7  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining brightly but it is cold outside with a breeze making it feel like 16 degrees. Bob ushers the month of January so has to go early. I woke up early so went in with him rather than drive two cars. We finished putting Christmas away and I just noticed a votive candle I forgot along with a sand dollar ornament from Maui that I wouldn't let the kids put on the tree. The last load of laundry is in the washer and the dishwasher should be about finished. We didn't get the papers this morning; I think there is a sub because yesterday the paper was in the driveway and we usually get it inside the door. I'm hoping they will get here eventually.

"Gma" -- Bob had football on most of yesterday too. There was one game where they actually showed the bands at half time and I did watch that. It is rare to see a half time show! When Bob was little they served sauerkraut at school and he told his mom he had fried lettuce for lunch. I still haven't found my calendar but have sorted through major piles of "saved" receipts and papers that are now in the recycle bag. Tornadoes are strange in that they will demolish one house while the one next door doesn't lose a leaf. They are scary; around here we have so many warnings and watches to the point where people don't pay attention until the sky turns green and it goes from windy to deathly quiet in a few seconds.

Susan -- Sixty degree temps sound nice and toasty. Do you think you might adopt another cat sometime? I know you can never replace Cupid but they are a lot of company. I have started wearing long sleeved turtlenecks under long sleeved sweatshirts. No longjohns yet though, but I do have a pair. Even Bob said he has felt colder this year than ever before. I think that must have something to do with age because I remember my parents both saying how cold our house was. I am going to continue my calendar search when I finish here.

Guess I will keep moving before the spirit leaves me. I'm sure there are football games on this afternoon; Bob just left for the office to finish up some paperwork for tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 01-02-2011, 05:13 PM   #8  
Thin Within

Talking Simply Sunny Sunday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a tad warmer this day for it is 35 degrees that feels like 28. Snow is still on the ground so I was very careful walking this day in the back yard. The sidewalk was nice and cleared so it was quick I might say but so chilly walking to church. Will picked me up afterward at the curb to go out to lunch. I ate a salad and dipped my fork in the dressing as usual and had grilled shrimp and a baker. It was very good. I stayed away from the umbiquitous (spelled phonically) loaf of bread and butter they bring to the table. It is twisted white and brown bread. A lovely little loaf and good too but I said no thank you to the one who was cutting into it. Yep, I am back folks. Tomorrow is weigh day and I will be counting from then. I expect it to show a gain for they weigh at 6:30 in the evening and I will already have eaten at least lunch by then plus have my bracelet and shoes on. But I will take that as my weight and one day close to goal I do know I can take off my shoes and bracelet and lose at least a pound + some ounces that way. I am drinking an ice cold Diet Pepsi I am so thirsty and it tastes so good. I really don't drink many of them anymore. I do drink my coctail of G2&Vinegar after meals and water in-between so don't do many sodas at all anymore so it is really a treat to have one now and then.

DONNA FAYE I am so glad that Will doesn't marithon games. He picks and choses who he wants to see and I can either enjoy it or do something in my office/shop. If I don't want to hear the game I can turn on my little boom box. Life is good.

JEAN When will Winter be over exactly anyway? That sand dollar ornament sounds cute. I like sand dollars. I used to have a silver charm of a sand dollar and it was one that got stollen and I haven't yet replaced it. I'll have to find a place now on my bracelet for it. I am sure I can.

SUSAN The dogs are friends now. They are both alpha dogs and no backing down with either of them so they just have to get along. It is so cute to see a little puppy who won't back down. Will bought Beanie a bag of 4 very small tennis balls and of course Ragg Mopp grabbed it when Beanie left it lay some where. So when Ragg Mopp had it in his mouth I got another one out of the bag and called Beanie and told him this was his ball and gave it to him. I told Ragg Mopp that was Beanies ball and to leave it alone. So far so good ~ they are both running around with screaming green tennis balls in their mouths. Isn't it neat that we have learned that a recipe really doesn't need all that fat in it to taste good.

All y'all have a wonderful eveing. Life is good in the Heartland.

Last edited by Maggie; 01-02-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:03 AM   #9  

Good morning to you ladies! I am headed upstairs to clean bathrooms and dust after I get finished here. Grrrr, the neighbor next door let her washer overflow or leak or something again and I went to the bathroom last night and there was water coming under the baseboards again. I had Jack go over and tell them, but I went though 6-8 heavy old towels to sop up the mess. You would think after having this happen at least 4 times they would be more diligent, but frankly they act like gutter trash most of the time so I don't expect much more. Harsh I know, but it is what it is.

Maggie: You keep it up you will do great this year. I definiitely don't have an alpha dog! He is afraid of all dogs except for Marty. He has gotten used to Stoney, their cat, who hates Fortune for some reason. He just stays out of her way.

Susan: It is only 26 here at the mo and supposed to be in the 40's all week, which is fine with me. We still get cold weather here and as long as it stays in the 40's and above I am happy as a clam. I do look forward to spring though! lol You know, I have never heard of sauerkraut salad. When we were little mom used to cook hotdogs in sauerkraut to get us to eat it too. What kid doesn't like hot dogs? I have commissary shopping this weekend and so I have to load up on my fruit and such, then I am going to start using the full bars to see if they will help curb the appetite. They are great fiber source too and that is something I really want to get more of.

Jean: Your calendar has to be somewhere in your house. I hope you find it soon. I have a cool thing on my Iphone where I can record memos to myself and I have an app called "Wunderlist" where I can keep stuff. I am hoping this will work well for me, but if all else fails, my computer desk has post its all over it telling me when things expire such as my Mcafee virus program, my classmates.com membership, etc. I have an excel program I use for bill paying in which I have all the bills listed and when they have to be paid. I have a couple that are not monthly, like my Sirrius bill so when I do my budget I know where to slot them in. I told Jack just the other day that if anything would happen to me, I have a budget and the bills listed in my excel program so he wouldn't be lost as he never pays the bills.

Well gals, I need to get off the computer and get upstairs and get some work done. Have a great day today! Faye
Old 01-03-2011, 02:29 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Talking Marvelous Monday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It has warmed up a tad bit for it is 36 with a 10 mph wind which makes it feel like 28. For awhile I will start going out the front door and Will will bring the Jeep around for the snow on the grass path through the back yard is so slick I don't like to walk on it. He walks to the side of it but doesn't mind the snow sticking to his shoes. We need to lay a walk out there of stones or something. Anyway when we went out today I walked out the back and when we got back I got out on the front when we came back. I am very leary of slick surfaces since I hyper extended my knee one year when it was winter and things were slick. I remember the pain of it and how long it took to get back to exact. I do think when it came back it brought arther with it. The pups are both at the goomer now. We took Beanie to the vet for his shot and the vet said his eyes may straighten out as he grows older but if they don't he sees just fine. He has a bit of a wall eyed look which is so cute. The white that shows is close to his nose and not on the outer edge. It is really an endearing look. I didn't think he had any trouble seeing though. Otherwise the vet said he is in top condition. He goes back in three weeks and then another three weeks for all his puppy shots and then at 6 months he will get neutered. This vet is so nice. He deals with the cats and dogs now and lets his son and daughter deal with the farm animals for they are both vets also. I go to WW tonight! And then the screws tighten. The last "hourrah" is over for it is nuckle down and buckle down time.

DONNA FAYE Ever thought of sending that person a "clean up" bill for her water damage to your place? May give her a wake up call to her irresponsible behavior. Our family didn't eat much saurcraut but Will's did and he likes it on hot dogs. It is just OK with me and I will eat a dog with it on it but it isn't my favorite. I have fresh oranges and grapes in my keeper and frozen berries and grapes in the freezer. Also a fresh pineapple on the kitchen table. I love fruit and am so pleased it is free food on the WW plan. We have never done much shopping at a commissary. Mostly always lived too far for it to pay to go there for us.

JEAN I like to see the half time programs they put on at games. They certainly show a lot of energy. Guess I like watching them because I was in the pep club and performed at each and every home high school football game for 4 years. We also marched & performed in some parades ~ (Ancient history there.) I rarely ever watch a game nowdays.

SUSAN I too have never heard of sauercraut salad but have a good cabbage salad recipe. Called Coleslaw. Mix well together: 1/3 cup lite Miracle Whip, 1/3 cup White Wine Rice vinegar & 2 evnelopes Splenda sweetener. Add some as you wish of: celery seeds, seasoned salt and pepper and other herbs of your choice. Pour it all over 1 pound of shredded cabbage-carrot mix. Serves 6, 1 point each serving.

Too hip gotta go. Type at y'all later. Have a great afternoon.

Old 01-03-2011, 02:32 PM   #11  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining, it has warmed up to 38 degrees, and the snow is melting in the street. The sun must be getting stronger/warmer now; I noticed it sets another 2 minutes later today. I went to church to count money first and then post it on the computer. I had to finish up the 2010 donations, then switch the computer over to 2011 and do yesterdays. We were all done and it was time to close the office for lunch when the retired jr. high band teacher came in with a check and she wanted it applied to 2010! GRRRR! For a couple of weeks there have been notices that anything for 2010 had to be in the office by noon on 12/31! I wanted to yell at her like she used to yell at the kids. She had record dropouts and the high school band instructor would get so upset. Bob's office is closed today so he is putzing around. He tried to do some work there but the phone kept ringing and it drove him nutty.

Maggie -- I love fresh bread and have a really hard time with restaurants that serve the little loaves. Luckily there aren't any local ones that do that. I take my shoes off to weigh but nothing else. Some gals take off everything that is loose; some even get down to practically nothing! We have a restroom right where we weigh and it's out of sight from the general area of the meeting room so no one can see her lack of clothes. I just figure I wear my jewelry, etc., in "real" life and that's the way it is. I had to chuckle about the dogs and their toys.

"Gma" -- It sounds like you were in cleaning mode this morning. Having a wet bathroom because of careless neighbors woud make me so mad. It's too bad you can't get their owner to do something about them. You are braver than I to pay bills online. I am like my grandpa -- he thought I shouldn't fly home in the winter when I was in college because the plane's engine might freeze up -- I still don't think technology is here to stay!

I need to do some much needed ironing. I get behind, and then really get behind even more when I put it off. Have a nice "rest of the day!"

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 01-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #12  
Thin Within

Talking Back on Monday

BACK FOR A BIT

The dogs are home and look so fluffy with their new hair cuts and baths. Little Beanie is doing good at the groomers is the report. Ragg Mopp has always been good with her for she doesn't have to use a leash on him when she cuts his hair or bathes him. Hopefully little Beanie will be the same as good as that for her. I love the way they smell but that sure does't last long. After all they are dogs. Nap time now for the both of them. We have discoverd a neat thing about dog treats ~ we buy them at the "dollar store" and the main ingredient is the meat where at Wal*Mart ~ well theirs all come from China and no telling what is in the main ingredients and it isn't the meat.

JEAN I am not always that strong to turn down fresh baked bread, believe me. However, I am learning for I have learned when I can bake a loaf of fresh bread at home. I have "hungry" days that I know that I had better not bake on. In fact Will just asked me when I will be making another loaf of sourdough bread. I had better check and see if my starter is still good and if not, get a batch of that going. I just read a blurb on the WW site that one leader said that even some folks take out their false teeth when they weigh. And one lady stripped and had her daughter hold a coat to shield her from the other members. Looks like some excessive/compulsive behavior going on there. I usually just wear the same type clothing that weighs about the same to keep things constant. I'd sure hate to strip for a weight then have to strip each time. Well, I wouldn't strip anyway! I'll probably choose an outfit that is my weigh in outfit and only wear it on Mondays. The one I am wearing right now will work for that.

Type at y'all later.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:53 AM   #13  

Good morning ladies! I came down to let the dog out and went to the bathroom while he was outside and what did I find, water, again! I have to go over there this morning and tell them they either have a leak, an overflowing washer or a plugged up pipe where the washer drains. This happens one more time and I am going to try and get ahold of the owner. They have bazillions of rentals and their phone always rolls over to voicemail, but I am tired of this and want something done about it. It can cause mold and has already loosened and cracked the crappy linoleum in there. I feel like I live in a ghetto house.

Maggie: I love it when Fortune is newly groomed. I know my old groomer's name, but have no idea how to find out where she went or if she is continuing to groom somewhere. The guy doing it now is going to have to work out the kinks as Fortune is already looking shaggy and he was just groomed.

Jean: The church could get into trouble posting the check that way, especially if an audit was ever done and it showed deposited made before the end of the year without this check but then the amount was showing as being given before then. What did you tell her?

I got the upstairs all cleaned and will tackle downstairs today I hope. I have to deal with that idiocy next door before I can do anything. What irks me is Jack went over there and knocked on their door and some guy answered and Jack told him the problem and the guy just left Jack standing at the door out in the cold and never came back. Jack was pretty steamed when he came back into the house.

Well you gals have a good day today. I have to think about what to take out of the freezer to fix for dinner. I try to fix easy stuff on my cleaning days so I can get everything done.

Faye
Old 01-04-2011, 11:01 AM   #14  
Thin Within

Talking Thankful Tuesday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is cold today so far. 17 degrees but it is calm thank goodness. Well I did show an uppage at WW as expected for I weighed with my shoes, brace and bracelet. Sounds like a dance team. 5 pounds that I can use as a loss one day. Maybe not that much for the food and drink I ingested that day will still be a constant. I am pleased that I maintained a loss of 55 pounds according to the WW scales during this time away from meetings even. Now onward and downward from here I go. This is the first day of the new program for me and it will be interesting. Next week I think I will weigh on my scale before going to meeting and see what the difference there is if any. My teeth feel like they are wearing sweaters so I guess it is about time for a cleaning. I'll have to check to see if it has been 6 months. I like them squeeky smooth.

DONNA FAYE YIKES more water. That has to stop. Hopefully the problem can be resolved soon before more damage is done to your property. It was interesting to see how many new ladies showed up for WW last night. I hope they all stay the course and not many drop out. Also in the room were several men. Everybody that weighed in wore all their clothes. I am glad that I got some stuff from CA for WW and was able to order the rest that I needed off the web site because they were all sold out last night of those things except for the food items. Some things are already on back order. I had my pass with me and that made it all quicker to get re-instated. They said I was the only one that did sign up on the internet and downloaded a pass and had it printed out and laminated. It is fun to "wow" those folks. I stayed for the instruction time after the meeting and promised the leader that I would keep my mouth shut. She laughed and said that she had learned a lot from me. Now, that was good to hear. (Not many speak up during the meeting when she asks a question so I do if no one else will.)

JEAN & SUSAN Hello to you this day.

Type at y'all later. Time to get this day moving.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:13 PM   #15  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining brightly and not a cloud in the sky, but it is cold with a slight breeze. It's definitely not a stand outside to visit with your neighbor kind of day. I worked in the gift shop this morning and sold a few things, both Christmas and regular items. There is usually some project to do for the hospital: today I put the hospital administrator's card in the patient folders and then cut apart employee names for prize drawings at their appreciation banquet in February. Jason's mil came for a mammogram so we met for lunch after I was done. I made a quick stop at WM for a baby gift card and now should get busy here at home.

"Gma" -- I feel so sorry for you and your bathroom mess! Could you get a lawyer to draft a letter (for a price I'm sure) to the owner making him responsible for mold, new floor, wall, or whatever? How aggravating!!! Since the pastor and the church secretary were both there when the lady brought the check in, I didn't say a word. Like I said, considering who she was I wanted to yell at her about following directions! If I would have been there alone I would have told her no, because of the date and the fact that I don't know how to change the dates on the computer, let alone do the deposit itself. We had several other 2010 checks but they were all deposited on the 31st.

Maggie -- It was 0 when I went downstairs this morning. I'd say you have done very well to keep off the 55#s! I don't have one, but have heard others say how much they like electric toothbrushes. I hate the "furry" feeling and will sometimes use plain old soda to brush my teeth.

Susan -- I suppose you are busy at work today. I hope all is going well there. You were missed yesterday!

Well, my ironing pile has not disappeared so guess I will work on that for awhile. Have a nice rest of the day and evening!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 01-04-2011 at 04:14 PM.