Old 11-18-2009, 09:06 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 138/114/105

Height: 5'0

goob share your secrets lol
mermaid20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:24 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 155.4/133.4/105

Height: 5'0"

mermaid20- Ever since I've stalled for 2 1/2 weeks I've been trying to find ways to get out of it. What worked for me was doing High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) 4 times a week for at least 35 min (5 min warm-up, 5 min cool-down), plus drinking more water than I usually do. I use to jog a lot outside and on the treadmill but I've added in the eliptical, bike, and rowing into my exercise routine. I also do weight training to try and tone my body twice a week. I still stick to my 1200 calories a day (3 meals plus 2 snacks), sometimes I fall a little below 1200 calories but I make it up on the weekend by eating 2 meals of whatever I want to eat...mostly protein, 1 small slice of cake, 1 small slice of pizza, 1/2 cup of pasta...but don't go overboard, just have a little bit of what you crave. I find that eating 2 meals of whatever I want is helping me lose more weight. I guess it's shocking my body since I'm doing low calories during the week. The only down side is that if you can't control yourself from eating just a small portion of the food you love once or twice a week, I suggest not eating it at all. I've been good with controlling my portion, not wanting seconds or a bigger amount. Since you have such a small amount of weight to lose it will take a little longer, but I know you can do it.
goob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:44 AM   #123  
To fly like Nadia again

S/C/G: 242/ticker/115

Height: 5' 0.5"

Welcome to all the newbies!

Sorry, I kinda dropped off the face of the earth. I had to wait on my MRI because there were issues with the insurance company and all kinds of red tape but it was resolve and I got my results. It turns out it's nothing too serious. A joint in my back where the tail bone meets the hip (sacroilliac joint) got jarred in the fall and slightly displaced and because a lot of nerves and connective tissue run through there it got all inflammed and caused a lot of pain. It's slowly resolving and I'm getting sent back to work (I start again on Weds) and I'm kind of excited for it.

My only problem since being cleared to go back to more normal activities is I've been struggling with trying to get my motivation back to hit the gym because I've been out for so long and something kind of emotionally sucky happened so I'm kind of dealing with it. The other problems are with the gym is I can't got as hard as I usually do/ want to and my good eating habits are circling the toilet aka I'm losing them and using food to comfort me a lot more than I have in the last 8 months. I thought I had a really good handle on it but clearly I don't if I'm sitting here stuffing my face full of chocolate as I write this. I hate to seem like I'm complaining and I know I can choose to put the chocolate down and wake up tomorrow and hit the gym but I'm so apathetic and my attitude sucks. I keep trying to tell myself "Even if you don't care now, you will care later and you're going to be kicking yourself if you see anymore than a couple pound gain on the scale." And I just won't respond to my logical inner voice or just repeat that I don't care. I'm just spiraling out of control and can't seem to pull it back together. Usually I'm really good about being able to shift my perspective and make myself realize the bigger picture. I just hope to pull out of this shortly. Haha get it! Shortly! You know since we're all shorties.... yea, I went there. Well, I needed to make a little joke so this whole post wasn't mind-numbingly depressing.
gymlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:54 PM   #124  
1st grade teacher

S/C/G: 250/189.9/130

Height: 5"2'

gymlee~
I don't know if this will help BUT my Pastor's wife just went from 304lbs-193lbs in 8months I think and she is still working but looks AWESOME. Seriously, she could be a model---most people confuse her with her 15 and 16yr old daughters! ANYWAY, we support each other and she says journalling helps a lot. I have really strong will power and just get angry, but don't cave. She goes to her room (after making enchiliadas and cookies for her family of 6) and journals and talks to God. She said it helps keep you focused and get your complaining out at the same time. just a thought!
Air81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:55 PM   #125  
1st grade teacher

Gymlee~ If you want to see Pastor Kelley, here is my church site: Kingdom in the Valley
Old 11-22-2009, 05:37 PM   #126  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Hey guys! I've been lurking on this thread for a little while, but I don't think I've ever posted in it. As you can see to the left, I'm 5'2".

So I have a bit of a question... are you ever resentful about your height? Particularly if you're a featherweight, do you ever get trapped in thoughts like, "if I were a few inches taller, I wouldn't even have to do this!"? Or do you ever get resentful of your taller friends who can eat more without gaining weight? I do sometimes.

I know it's not helpful to think this way, because obviously there's nothing we can do about our height... but I do have these thoughts sometimes and wonder if anyone else has struggled with them.

Thanks for listening and good luck on your weight loss journey!
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:58 PM   #127  
1st grade teacher

Skyra~ Welcome! I don't get upset about my height, but I guess since my bf is the same height

I do however, get upset that my friends have faster metabolisms than me so I do understand.

Can I ask you, since we are the same heighth, what size you are?
Old 11-22-2009, 10:07 PM   #128  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Air -- thanks for the welcome!

I'm about a size 10 in pants. Mostly I want to lose weight because I'm an apple shape and carry pretty much all my weight in my stomach. It makes fitting jeans really difficult, and I feel like I look really disproportionate because I have skinny legs and arms and then this belly that really stands out. (Plus my doctor informed me that the size of my waistline right now is not healthy.)
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:15 PM   #129  
1st grade teacher

Default Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyra View Post
Air -- thanks for the welcome!

I'm about a size 10 in pants. Mostly I want to lose weight because I'm an apple shape and carry pretty much all my weight in my stomach. It makes fitting jeans really difficult, and I feel like I look really disproportionate because I have skinny legs and arms and then this belly that really stands out. (Plus my doctor informed me that the size of my waistline right now is not healthy.)
Im apple shaped too! I don't have super skinny arms and legs, but I carry tons of muscle so my legs are toned (no fat on calfs). Most of my weight is on my core which is the unhealthiest kind so ya. Thanks for the size. Never been smaller then well where I am right now (less now than in high school) so I have no idea what sizes I would be when.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:50 PM   #130  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyra View Post
So I have a bit of a question... are you ever resentful about your height? Particularly if you're a featherweight, do you ever get trapped in thoughts like, "if I were a few inches taller, I wouldn't even have to do this!"? Or do you ever get resentful of your taller friends who can eat more without gaining weight? I do sometimes. !
I always think this way LOL. I realized lately I'm always like if I was only a little bit taller..... and I do feel like oh the only reason she isn't gaining weight as fast or looking as chubby is because she has a few extra inches on me lol. It's hard not to feel slighted by the height issue!!
Old 11-24-2009, 07:52 PM   #131  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Not until I came on here and started reading a thread about weight, height, and clothing size did I say...dang if I was a little taller I could be in a "normal chub-ette" size... meaning 20 to 24 or 3X...cuz I am in the extended sizes now... 28 or 4 or 5X. But then reality set in and I realized I am who and where I am today because that is the way it is suppose to be. Plus I like NOT bumping my head in places where other people do!! LOL

Cathy
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:50 AM   #132  
nearly there

S/C/G: 145/111/95

Height: 5"1"

[QUOTE=Skyra;3021908]Hey guys! I've been lurking on this thread for a little while, but I don't think I've ever posted in it. As you can see to the left, I'm 5'2".

So I have a bit of a question... are you ever resentful about your height? Particularly if you're a featherweight, do you ever get trapped in thoughts like, "if I were a few inches taller, I wouldn't even have to do this!"? Or do you ever get resentful of your taller friends who can eat more without gaining weight? I do sometimes.

I mostly lurk on this thread too. I think I posted once or twice in the first shorties thread.

I think what bugs me most about being short (I'm barely 5'1") is having so little wiggle room in terms of calorie intake. We're short so we have to eat less than average just to maintain, and even less to lose weight, but not too much less because then we might slow down our metabolisms and end up losing nothing or even gaining. A taller girl who can maintain on 1800-2000 calories can easily drop her calories by 500 a day and lose a pound a week. If I'm maintaining at 1400 calories I can't do that because then I'd be eating under a thousand calories a day and my metabolism would slow down. At best I can lower my daily intake by 300 calories a day and even that's kind of pushing it. And it would take me nearly two weeks to lose the same measly pound the taller girl can shed in a week. That's an overall loss rate of two pounds a month.

Also I'm a little bothered by the fact that taller folks really can't understand that it's so much harder for us shorties to lose weight, or even why we would want or need to. A weight that would be slim and healthy for a taller girl is heavy for us shorties. A girl who is 5'7" and weighs 120 is thin, but a girl my height who weighs exactly the same is chunky.

It's just not fair!
Magrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:18 AM   #133  

Magrat - Very well put!

... and it is unfair!

LOL. Yeah, we have no wiggle room in calorie counting it is very hard. And if someone hears my weight they say thats so skinny, but it's only skinny in regards to their own height. When it comes to being 5'0... it's fat
Old 11-28-2009, 11:32 AM   #134  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

The thing, I think, that makes it more difficult for us to lose weight is we REALLY require WAY LESS CALORIES. And that is hard! There is so much food around! Dang! I just gotta take it one day at a time...

Cathy
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:53 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Hi all-
I'm getting back into the swing of things. I'm getting married in June so I really need to get working. I know I won't be at my target weight by June but I need to start working hard now. December will be a real hard month for me because I love all the holiday treats. I look forward to chatting with everyone.
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote