Old 09-05-2009, 01:39 AM   #46  
To fly like Nadia again

S/C/G: 242/ticker/115

Height: 5' 0.5"

Good luck with the move Aino!!!

Things are still crazy here for me because just when I thought I had made all the major decisions I thought I would have to make this month something else came in to upset my apple cart! And then on top of that, it changed back so now I'm not sure which way is up (which I'm currently trying to correct by spending more time upside down in a handstand against the wall to see if that'll regulate me haha). But in some ways, it's good things went back to the way I thought they would be back on Wednesday because it actually make a healthy lifestlye more easily attainable, which for me is on the top of my priority list next to school right now. I just started on Wednesday going back to school fulltime and working partime at Lowes. It's going to make finances interesting for a little while, however, in the long run it'll be more beneficial to be in school and get to my goal weight faster.
gymlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:21 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Hey! I've turned into a lurker again. Wasn't doing great with exercise or eating, so there wasn't much to report. I wasn't even weighing myself.

A couple of nights ago, I was up late watching infomercials (I lead such an exciting life ) and I saw one for the skinny switch secret. Googled it, looked it up on here, and while a lot of people seem to like it....the price is a bit steep. You have to sign up for 6 months, and then you get 6 months free. While they advertise it around $6 a week...that quickly adds up and you end up paying about 155 dollars. Eek.

While searching, I came across something that claims to be quite similar, for much much less. It's called fat loss 4 idiots.
Anyway...it's $40 (one time fee) with a money back guarantee...so I decided to give it a shot. I needed something to kick my butt, and I thought if I got a set meal plan that it would be better for me.

When you sign up, it has a bunch of information (I skipped over most of it for now) and you get to fill out a form, checking off up to 30 items that you like to eat. The list isn't huge, but there was still a nice assortment. I picked out 23 items and I consider myself a fairly picky eater. One big thing: very few carbs and chocolate is a no-no. This part will be VERY hard for me. I'll be trying to curb my sweet tooth with fruit instead.

My first day (yesterday) started off fine food wise. Made great choices for breakfast and lunch. Dinner rolled around and they had pizza at work....so I had 2 pieces which definitely wasn't on my diet.

Today's my second day. I've done great so far. Still have dinner left to eat, and I know exactly what I'll be eating.

I'm writing things down in my journal, and weighing myself more. The diet is in cycles of 11 days. Basically, once I filled out which foods I like, the site generates an 11 day meal plan (4 meals a day) for me. I can change up the order of my meals that day (which is really nice). It tells you what you can drink and which condiments you can use. After an 11 day cycle, I have 3 days to eat whatever I want. Then, I start up the 11 day cycle again.

It's basically calorie shifting, for those of you that are familiar with it.

I just really wanted my meals planned out. Sometimes the suggestions are kind of weird. Yesterday, one of my meal options was roast beef slices, sausage links, and a bowl of oatmeal. However, you don't have to eat all 3 options....so I made that my breakfast and just had the oatmeal (particularly since i had to go to the store. I didn't have roast beef or sausage links.)

Anyway...if y'all are curious about more of my meals I'll be happy to post more information about it. Unless someone asks though, I'm just going to post updates about my exercise, if I stuck to the eating plan, and how my weight is changing.

I'm sure it was probably water weight, but yesterday I was 165.6 and today I was 163.6! I had to re-weigh to make sure my scale was accurate.

Last edited by Quiet Ballerina; 09-10-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:27 PM   #48  
To fly like Nadia again

Ballerina- That's an interesting program. I personally don't like that kind of thing but if it works for you then awesome!

I actually have news to report! I have crossed the 40lbs loss mark! : *And* I'm a mere 2lbs from Onderland! I'm really stoked and I'd love to be under 200 by my birthday which is a week from today on the 17th. I've also started to notice the difference in my body since I switched departments. Since I'm a lot more active lifting things and moving around my arm muscles are looking good, especially my shoulders, they are rockin'

School's good and I'm starting to get into a rhythm but I got a little disrupted by a bug but hopefully I'll be back in the gym within the next few days. I'm really excited and feeling good about everything that's going on even though I'm a little stressed out right now when it comes to finances and boys (Oy! Same boy, all kinds of new issues) but I know I'm going to be good.

Sorry I went a little smiley face happy haha

Last edited by gymlee; 09-10-2009 at 07:28 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:10 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 138/114/105

Height: 5'0

Sorry I have been gone so long. Life sucks right now.

BUT!!

congrats gymlee. I am so proud of you!! 40 pounds is a huge accomplishment. I am jealous but happy for you.

and ballerina... I'd love to hear more about the program you are talking about, maybe see a menu sample of one day. That sounds like something that would be great for me. I used to calorie count and it helped so much, but doing it all on my own got a little hard. If you dont want to post here you can always private message me.

So, I stopped using fit day to track calories and I wasn't planning healthy meals and I stopped doing 30 day shred. I tried to do 30 day shred after months and months of not doing it and i was back to day one but worse. I couldnt make it through it. i felt so weak and defeated and out of breath. I've gained weight, I think I am at 117 now. So, trying to get my butt back in gear so the holiday season wont throw me off too much.

I need some motivation.
mermaid20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:13 AM   #50  

gymlee: Congrats on the weight loss!! that is so awesome!

I wanted to add (about the new diet/program...whatever you want to call it )

Although it claims I can eat whatever I want for 3 days, I obviously do NOT plan on sitting on my booty for 3 days eating nothing but fast food and cake. I'm still going to make good choices, I just plan on allowing some wiggle room. It'll be during those 3 days that I have a beer or 2, or a couple of cookies. Some kind of treat for myself.

I was so happy when I went to the grocery store today. They have all this great fruit in season! I got kiwis, plums, peaches, watermelon, bananas... yum. I've already eaten 4 kiwis tonight! Haha

Last edited by Quiet Ballerina; 09-11-2009 at 12:16 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:40 PM   #51  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Hi shorties!
Congrats on the losses so far.
I am re-motivated, and working out a lot again.
Much Luck =)
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:11 PM   #52  
To fly like Nadia again

Thanks Mermaid and Ballerina!

Mermaid- Don't be jealous! You have already lost a considerable amount yourself and you can continue to do it. Just put your mind to it and you'll be able to acccomplish what you want as long as it's *worth* it to you.

Ballerina- I like how you look at the plan. Not going overboard but giving yourself the leeway to have a treat. I love all that fruit you mentioned. I'm totally craving bananas and kiwis now haha.

Welcome back Vix!

Last edited by gymlee; 09-12-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:14 PM   #53  
To fly like Nadia again

Wow did everyone drop off the face of the earth?

Not much to report here besides having had my 24th birthday on Thursday and I'm a mere 1lb away from onderland. I'm happy though! People are really starting to see a difference in me. Anyway, lots to do between school and work but I thought I'd stop in and check to see how everyone was doing!
Old 09-21-2009, 01:10 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 138/114/105

Height: 5'0

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GYMLEE AND CONGRATS!!! I hope you are feeling very proud of yourself. You lost 42 pounds and now are down to 200!! That is so awesome. A birthday present for yourself.

I came on to check and see how everyone else is doing. I don't know why I stopped posting. I guess because I felt upset. I mean I still do, but I'm trying to challenge my issues through motivation instead.

I weighed in at 116 today. Which is better than it was, but a few months ago I had been at 111.5 so, I am upset that I am back up at 116. I gave up on Jillian's 30 Day Shred and I started her Boost Metabolism. It's an hour workout and after 20 minutes, my lungs hurt, my heart felt like it was going to have an attack and I was sweating and tired. So I did an intense 20 minutes, half-@$$ed the next 20 minutes and then totally ditched the last 20 minutes. But I figure I should be happy I worked out at all. Normally I lounge around doing nothing and it shows now on my body. So, if I keep at it, it should get easier and I should be able to handle it better and eventually make it through. It's just so hard starting to exercise when I am such an out-of-shape lazy lump of a person LOL.

My boyfriend of seven years and I are planning to get engaged in the next couple of months and I wanted it to be motivation to lose these last 16 pounds. But, we got into this fight, and like he said some things that have just been so devastating to me and I don't know how to move on. He said that when we first met, seven years ago, he looked at me as if I was perfect. But now, he looks at me and see flaws. i hate knowing that he is looking at me and sees things physically wrong with me. I mean, he is no where near perfect himself, but yet, he is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with and therefore, when I think about him when we are apart, or if I do see him in person- to me he is better looking and perfect than probably anyone else would think. And for him to now judge me, MORE than someone on the street would is just devastating.
mermaid20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:14 PM   #55  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Power to the Short Chicks! I love that there is a thread for us shorties. Hello all.

Mermaid - I am sorry about you and your boyfriend having some issues.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:28 PM   #56  

I fell off the wagon. My diet plan went out the window, and I haven't been working out.

I'm bummed at myself. It's really hard to stay on plan at work. At one of my jobs, there was literally a BAG of candy delivered to the office one day. Other days people are often ordering out. If I get something, I get a salad with dressing on the side....but still. At the other job, there is sooo much junk food that it's hard for me to stay away. Blah.

I have to look awesome in a dress by May of 2010, and that means losing weight and toning up my arms. I will be SO upset with myself if I don't get my act together. It's bad enough I'm the only short bridesmaid; I refuse to be the short, fat bridesmaid.

So now, even though I'm tired and I'd much rather curl up in bed in my PJ's...I'm going to pull on workout clothes and go to the gym.

Happy Birthday Gymlee!! Congratulations on being so close to one-derland!

mermaid that's a crappy thing for your boyfriend to say. Shame on him.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:47 AM   #57  
To fly like Nadia again

Thanks or the Bday wishes!!!

Mermaid- BFBM (Banish Fat Boost Metabolism) is insanely hard but it will get better. It's initially such a shock to the system because it is so cardiovascularly oriented and if you haven't been active for a while it will kick your ***. *But* it will improve and you'll see great strides in your endurance. I have found since I did that video my endurance is so amazingly high which is ridiculous to me because I always used to be the person whose endurance would petter out before my muscle strength ever did (I could go on and on with weight/resistance training but could only take so much cardio) but now it's the inverse so now I find myself digging deep for the strength to keep lifting when I can just hum along in a spin class. It's so bizarre haha And as for your boyfriend, the longer people are together the more they see all the different sides to their significant other. I'm not saying that it was right for him to say what he said in a negative way, but it's only natural for him to start seeing all the sides of you, flaws and all and take it and accept it and love you for who you are. If he can do that, then that's all that matters, and if he can't, you may want to start re-assessing the relationship.

Ballerina- Aw!!! I hear you on days like that. You can do it though! Just remind yourself of what's worth it and make your choices accordingly. For example, when you want to eat cake for breakfast instead of cereal and fruit, ask yourself "Is this moving me closer or further away from my goal? Is it worth it?" And I know it can be exhausting to think about it all the time and be so conscious of what you're doing but that's the only way you're going to get it done.

As for me, today I hit the gym again and did 30 mins on the ellipitical and 25 mins of weight training (the first time of actual training with weights and machines in weeks!) for pull muscles (hamstrings, biceps, back) and then a little stretching. I felt so insanely accomplish! I still do, but my excitement is wearing down a bit since I'm so tired. So it's bedtime for me. Gym again in the morning hopefully as long as I'm not too sore!
Old 09-30-2009, 07:47 PM   #58  

162!!!!!

The weather is awesome and cool in the mornings, so I'm planning on waking up and taking morning walks with my dog. That's a new goal for me. It will also help me to get my booty out of bed in the morning (even if I don't have to work until the afternoon)....otherwise I'll sleep in way too late.

I am so excited to be down to 162.
2 more pounds and I'm treating myself to a manicure (courtesy of a coupon I got last Christmas and never used. haha thank goodness it doesn't expire)

Does anyone else have 'goal rewards' that you've set for yourself? I have a basic list of rewards...mostly just set by price range. New book or purse, manicure....things like that. The big reward for myself at the end will be new clothes, so I know that will be an expensive one.

Last edited by Quiet Ballerina; 09-30-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:44 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 158/158/120

Height: 5'0"

HI! I'm short and overweight too... glad to see there are those out there that feel the same way I do.

Don't you hate it that 5lbs on you feels and looks like 15?! UGH! Sometimes being short is cute but other times, it is very annoying. I must embrace it though. THIS IS ME! Any tips for me ladies?? I am watching what I eat and exercising 2-3 times a week. I have a way to go but I am DETERMINED to get these lbs off of me.

Quiet Ballerina: My rewards are monthly based on weight loss. I divided it into 4 months. First is a new outfit, then a Coach purse, then a watch, and lastly an SLR camera! I can't wait til I get that one. Self portraits here I come!! hehe

A new wardrobe is a good one! I however have tons of clothes which right now are just staring me in the face every time I walk into my closet. GRRR!! They are telling me "hey fattie, stop eating chocolate, we're bored in here and want to go out and see the sunlight." LOL!
Lynn101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:38 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 224/172/105

Height: 5'1

Would you girls mind if I stepped in here?

Another shortie of a grand total of 5'1
augurey is offline   Reply With Quote