Old 08-03-2009, 07:07 PM   #16  
Love is like a butterfly

S/C/G: 162/131/120

Height: 4'11"

Hey Ballerina, thinking about that date you had, good think you took you own car as I like being able to leave when I want and not depending on someone else.... That's really a great way of taking care of yourself.
ButterFly49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:57 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

gymlee: That sounds like a lot of work and stress to take on. It's good that you're responsible, but it sounds like you might need to let things go a little bit. I'm the same way sometimes, so I know how hard it is. You just have to trust that people will do their job. If they don't? Well, then that's their fault. Let them take the blame.

butterfly I'm really glad I did that too. Thanks!
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #18  

Hey there! Happy Thursday!

Have to pat myself on the back, cause I made really good choices today and am doing great on the calories. Worked out yesterday, and plan to go to the gym tomorrow too.

I really wanted to go out tonight (since I'm off tomorrow), but I knew beers at the pub would do too much damage to the calorie count. So I'm staying in tonight.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:40 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid20 View Post
also- i think my addiction to the food network also needs to go.... It's all I like to watch on TV but when I sit down in front of it, all I can do is get hungry and dream about food and cooking and then I get cravings and want to try all these new foods... I think I have to ban the food network!
Did you see me on the cake challenge this year??? =(

Also, I would love to join you ladies!

Last edited by ajowens; 08-06-2009 at 09:41 PM.
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:06 AM   #20  

Welcome ajowens! Sometimes we get a little quiet around here, but I think a few of us are still around.

Mini rant: My gym has a sign posted (at the front desk) saying no outside food or drink. That's a bunch of #$@%. They charge an arm and a leg between a membership sign up fee and monthly membership charges, and now on top of all that they want me to pay $5 for a bottle of water so I can have something to drink when I work out?!?! (Ok, it isn't really $5. But it is expensive, and I don't like to use plastic throw-away water bottles. I bring my own larger water bottle that I can re-use).

I noticed the sign last time I went in (with my water bottle) and I just hid it behind my purse. No one said anything to me while I was working out (I had the bottle in plain sight). When I left, I shoved it in my purse so no one would see. Haha

If they tell me something, I'm just going to look and see what kind of bottles they have. If it's something like Dasani, I'll just buy one at the store, and shove it in my purse when I walk in and out of the gym. Clean it at home and reuse it. *evil laughter* To quote Empire Records (a really fantastic movie): "Damn the man!"

On the flip side: They probably just posted the sign because when people bring kids to the pool, quite a few of them bring lunches from home (because the lunches at the grill are expensive and offer some really unhealthy choices). I guess they want people to stop doing that. I haven't bought anything from the grill in a LONG time, but I remember they used to have mozzarella sticks. (Might still serve them.) Who serves FRIED CHEESE at a gym?!?!
Old 08-07-2009, 04:02 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

Thanks so much!
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:13 PM   #22  
To fly like Nadia again

S/C/G: 242/ticker/115

Height: 5' 0.5"

Ballerina- Thanks. I tried to let it go but I had to pop into work anyway that day to check on a time off request that is now null and void (I'll get into that in a minute) and came to find out that my special order was taken care of. Phew! But it turns out working that night may not have been the worst thing because I ended up having to take off for quite a few days to come up to Maine because my grandfather passed away which is why I've been MIA for a while I'm going back on Monday and hopefully going to try and make up what I can hours wise but we'll see how I feel. It's been an emotional few days and I haven't been working out or eating like I should so I'm feeling really off. I'm hoping to get back on track come Monday.

Btw Ballerina, that is bananas about that rule at your gym. The food I can understand but the drink? Nobody's gonna wanna buy water when they can bring it with them for free.

Welcome Aj!!

How is everyone else doing?

Last edited by gymlee; 08-08-2009 at 10:20 PM.
gymlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:09 PM   #23  

gymlee I'm so sorry about your grandfather!

I think the rule at my gym is mostly aimed at people going to the pool (which isn't me most of the time)....because tonight I went (for an hour on the elliptical! I was so proud!) and once again, no one said anything about my water bottle.

I will say this (good thing) about my gym: they have little TV's on every elliptical machine (and the treadmills, and on a lot of those type of machines) and I loooove it. Sometimes music just isn't enough. Tonight I was watching Legally Blonde while I worked out. Haha I think that's why I stayed an hour...I really wanted to see the courtroom scene, and by the time that was over I figured I might as well stay til the end of the movie!
Old 08-09-2009, 11:13 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 138/114/105

Height: 5'0

I've been away, because I am ashamed with myself. A few weeks before my summer vacation - aka bikini - i sabotaged myself. didnt work out, ate ridiculously and now i look ridiculous. I gained like 4 pounds in less than two weeks?? I'm almost at 117 now and that's higher than ive been in a really really long time. I'll never get to 100 if i keep going up...
mermaid20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:05 PM   #25  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

I thought I would pop in here as well and say hello. Still new to the site and trying to figure out where I belong. I'm definitely a shorty, my husband wouldn't want it any other way, lol.

I wanted to respond to Ballerina's gym post. That to me is ridiculous. I'm not sure that's entirely legal to force people to buy their water. I would really assume it's aimed at people bringing lunches and sodas in for the pool. I would keep on keeping on with my own personal water bottle if I were you. The most they will tell you is "no" in which case I would be looking for another gym...
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:58 PM   #26  

Welcome Nella! I don't think the gym is doing anything illegal because they technically aren't forcing you to buy the water. Some people don't drink water during their workouts. I'm definitely going to continue to bring my own water bottle though.

Have any of y'all seen the movie The Ugly Truth? I'm going this Wednesday and so excited. I need a good funny romantic comedy.

mermaid: Just jump back on the wagon! Don't harp on what you should have done, focus on what you will do.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:00 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 138.6/135.4/110

Height: 5'0"

gymlee: sorry about your grandfather! My condolences!

welcome to the newbies!

I just finished my two finals, and pretty much slept like the dead this past week! I feel like I should jump back into the wagon myself....if only there was a way to train my body and mind to crave smaller portions of healthy, wholesome food - and to forget about all junk food!
aino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:19 PM   #28  

aino: Yaaaay for finals being over! Congratulations!!

There needs to be a 'pat yourself on the back' smiley. For now, that one will do. Worked out again tonight. 50 minutes on the elliptical.

Last edited by Quiet Ballerina; 08-10-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:03 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 138.6/135.4/110

Height: 5'0"

ballerina: thanks! I'm so relieved! and good job on working out! that's awesome! I need to start working out properly as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Ballerina View Post
aino: Yaaaay for finals being over! Congratulations!!

There needs to be a 'pat yourself on the back' smiley. For now, that one will do. Worked out again tonight. 50 minutes on the elliptical.
aino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:24 PM   #30  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Congrats on your finals
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote