Old 07-27-2009, 03:01 PM   #16  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's another beautiful day in my corner of the world although just a tad windier than I like. It's 80 degrees and low humidity so I'm not complaining at all. Our electric bill has been so good this summer! I've been doing laundry and picking up around the house. Stuff sure seems to pile up in a hurry when we're gone. I made a post office run to mail another package to AZ. This time I insured the box and asked for a receipt confirmation so it should get there sooner or later. The first one from June still hasn't arrived.

"Gma" -- I'm glad your family is safely home once again. I'll bet Thomas was quite the celebrity in China! It will be interesting to see how long it takes their luggage to catch up with them. One time Bob took his golf clubs to AZ, and when we arrived back in Omaha, no golf clubs were to be found. So we came on home and later that evening the airline called saying they were on their way to England! The airline would route them back to Omaha and then deliver them to our house. It only took a couple of extra days which didn't make any difference because it was winter here and he couldn't play anyway. My first taco was at my first boyfriend's house. His grandmother made the shells from scratch and then fried them using a metal form to shape them. They were so good!

I need to keep moving. "Hello" to everyone else! Have a great "rest of the day!"

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:28 PM   #17  
Thin Within

Talking Monday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS
Just in from lunch after a funeral service. We didn't know the lady but she is the mother of one of the men that attend church here so we went to show support. It was a good service to send her off to paradise. It doesn't really send her because she is already gone for she was a good Christian and it was a get together to rejoice in a dear sisters soul getting to go to Paridise to await Judgment day. She lived a nice long 93 years. It was an hours drive away and the service started at 9 am so I was up earlier than normal. Got home to find that Ragg Mopp was also shut up in my office with the kittys. Nothing is amiss in here so they all probably napped. They were all happy to see us home once more. I can imagine Ragg Mopp is the one that cleaned up the food dish. All this talk about tacos make me want to make some. I remember when we first had tacos was when my older sis learned how to make them in home ec class when she was a senior and that would have been when I was 11 or 12 years old. Have had them ever since. We learned stuff like that living on the west coast faster than the folks out east did it seems. Sorry to cut this short and not do "personals" but I have 2 kittens that want to walk all over my key board and it sure makes it difficult to type.

Type at y'all later

Last edited by Maggie; 07-27-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:11 PM   #18  

Good evening, ladies! The storms are coming and going all day. Lots of thunder, lightening and rain.

I was feeling really good today and I decided it was time to try Curves again. It was meant to be. The owner was there and she never cancelled my membership, just put me on medical leave hoping I'd be able to get back. Of course, I threw my tag away that we use to log into the machines so I had to get a new one. While she was doing that, I ran home and changed clothes. I had her lower me to cardio level (the lowest one) and I did just fine with a few stops to catch my breath. It felt so good to be back. My plan is Curves alternating with Yoga and bike every day. Dr. will be glad.

In case I forget to tell you later, I won't be here Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. I'll be on my trip with my friends. I'm going to take a lot of pictures so maybe I can post some. I printed out the directions so I'll experiment until I get it right.

Faye, if the Chinese could have seen Thomas' U-Tube video they'd have declared a national holiday. He'll sure have some stories to tell when he goes back to school. I've never seen a Chinese that didn't have black hair naturally. They do Clairol, too.

Jean, electric bills are down at my house, too. Global warming? I think it's more like cooling.

Maggie, I look at death as a cause for celebration, too. The departed is in Heaven and watching over us. How lucky they are.

Well, have a good evening. Time for Doctor G.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:23 AM   #19  

Good morning everyone. It is raining here pretty hard so no swimming for most of the week it looks like. I have to get cleaning done and if I do I am going to the mall and walk around for awhile.

I am 2 lbs down from last weigh in.

Jean: I always send my packages priority so they can be tracked. I haven't lost one yet, but there is always a first time. I always insure them for more than they are worth so I can get my money and my shipping costs back. It is cooler here again this week, but going into August I imagine it will get steamy again. Only a couple weeks until school starts. I figure it won't be long and whomever is running the clinic will call me. I just hope she is better doing it than the last lady. She was nice as she could be but sort of scatter brained and unorganized.

Susan: I hope you can continue at Curves with no problems. I know you enjoy doing the workout regime there. Do you have more problems when the weather is rainy or such? Have fun with your friends this weekend. I am in bad need of a road trip, but it is going to have to wait until Thanksgiving I think. We have to replace both windshields on the cars and Jack has to have the light bulb replaced in the Grand Marquis. The tags are due on that car next month too. Ahh well!

Maggie: I worked with a lovely minister years ago at a Christian school I worked at. He said when his mother died that they had a party, sang songs, etc. He was so good to me when my dad died as I was feeling horribly guilty because I couldn't go to his funeral and because of something I had said. I was very close to my fil and just so so to dad. My fil passed away in Jan of 1974. I made a comment to Jack that I wished is had been my dad instead of his. A silly comment from an immature woman. Two weeks later my dad died and I blamed myself for years. Dr Hasburg told me I should celebrate their going to heaven and not being so sad about it.

Well gals, this definitely doesn't get the cleaning done so I better get up and get back to it.

Have a great Tuesday!
Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote