Old 08-11-2009, 02:19 AM   #61  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink

Mindee -- Yeah I believe it stormed all day so I slept great yesterday! But man it is hot! Definitely feeling like August! I want a Celtic cross tattoo on my calf eventually.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:19 AM   #62  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good morning..It is hot..hot..hot here. I hate not being able to mess around in the yard. A friend has some plants for me and I guess I will plant them late this evening.

I am watching Mason right now, but he is asleep. He was in a great mood so DH held and played with him..then when he got tired and fussy guess who got to put him to sleep? And I almost fell asleep with him. Darn big old rocking chair. LOL Just going to have him for two hours or so...and he will probably sleep most of it. Love his grins....

Nothing else to tell here..life goes on and I feel older every day. Gotta get some pep and energy.

Talk later....
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:24 PM   #63  
ugggg.....

another quickee for me--just wanted to say hi--I REALLY need to stop stress eating and get back on track....

The computers been acting up so it's hit or miss when I try to get on...

Miss you guys...
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:41 AM   #64  
I can dream, can't I?

Good morning. Looks like most people are busy with real life.
Not a thing going on here...just normal day to day "stuff." I am currently suffering with a sore throat and earache.
I did get all the plants in the ground...now if they decide to honor me with their presence next Spring I will be pleased. Have a card party Sat. night then Sunday I will be prepping for Mondays colonoscopy/ The prep is worse than the procedure.Any week-end plans?
Old 08-15-2009, 02:28 PM   #65  
I can dream, can't I?

Well..gonna bump this up anyway.
Went to the Farmer's Market and got a wonderfully yummy melon. I didn't need anything else, thanks to gardening friends.
Was actually looking for mums. My friend got some there last week....but not there this time.

Nothing going on here except our card party tonight..I made a taco dip to take.

I am sure I will be online tomorrow due to the prep...no eating..so I will be gabbing.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:25 PM   #66  
ugggg.....

Hi SUe--I stopped and got some fresh stuff from a local farmers market and they were just starting to put out the mum--so pretty...

Dad is all cleared--they feel they got it all--they are going to have him do around 3 weeks of radiation as a precaution. He was already back to acting like an arrogant arse on the car ride home....knew it wasn't going to last...

Mom's pathology report is Tuesday. I am so nervous--hoping she is cancer free too!! She has had a real battle with this.

Hopefully I can get back on track--I have gained back like 8 pounds.....
Old 08-15-2009, 11:57 PM   #67  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Girls.

Sue -- mmmmmmmm taco dip, that sounds good, mind if I ask you the recipe?

Jules -- CONGRATS to your dad for being cleared! I hope your mom will be too!

I got most of the stuff done that I wanted too. Now just finishing up some laundry -- yay -- so fun!

Later,
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:38 AM   #68  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello all...long time no see!

Sorry for being mia...everyone seems to be busy so just been kinda reading the posts once or twice a week. Going to try and do better at the posting.

Sassy, I like that cross, very pretty.

Sue, I need to make myself go to the farmers market...I think they do it every other Sat, may be every Saturday not sure....that is probably why I don't go, lol...too lazy to see when it is. I used to get Friday's paper to see what's up on the weekends but the paper went up and the content went down so don't even waste the money except for a Sunday paper. Sorry for the drama...always something isn't it. Hoping all works out for you daughter...the last thing her and the kids need in their lives (or anyone) is drama to add to what is already going on. Hugs to her, and you! Oh, let me know how the colonoscopy goes and what you think. I have been putting it off for a few weeks now. Was supposed to schedule it but never did...doc didn't say I needed one right now but 50 is when they start and I thought I would do it and get it over with but now not so sure, lol.

Mindee, WTG to Brandon! Bet the kids are excited to start school. I keep forgetting to go see your pictures of your tattoo...thinking I saw it with the different colors but not sure. So do the different colors signify something or did you just want different colors?

Jules, I am so happy to hear the news for your dad, and I am praying for good news for your mom. Hugs to you all! And you will get back on track...it's hard to stay on track and think of eating right and exercising with so much stress, just too hard. We are here for ya to help you along the way missy!

MsSusan, I am worried about you missy. Hoping all is well with you and the girls. I know you are busy with work and all but we miss you!!! We need our Susan!

Kathy, hoping all is well with you. Hoping the job is fine and you like it.

Big hello to everyone else

The baby shower went well...I have pictures up on myspace and facebook. Took me a while to start putting pix on myspace after someone hacked into my account, just leery I guess. And did I tell you not long after you guys were talking about someone stealing and using the credit card someone stole the hubby's info and tried to go crazy with his credit card. OMG, I'm assuming it was a lady because twice she tried to charge $400 and something in shoes at Payless, there were two dating services, ummm, can't remember what else but the credit card company put a stop on all charges after the first two or three thank goodness. If she had actually gotten away with the charges she would have taken us for about $2500, yikes. What is wrong with people? I just don't understand what a person is thinking when they think they are entitled to someone else's stuff, kills me.

Weight loss is going slow but is coming off. If I don't make my 20 pound goal, which by the way I moved it up to November 1-need to make the change in my ticker to reflect that....but I am not going to be hard on myself. The way I see it is whatever I lose is a plus for me because I know I tried and that's all that counts. I've been a slacker in the exercise department though, or was...getting back on track. And I am doing a 5k for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Sept...hopefully Charlotte has the baby on time or if she is going to be late after the race, lol. It's 3 days after her due date.

Anyway...guess that's about it...need to not stay away so long, lol.

Hoping everyone is enjoying the weekend, take care
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:03 PM   #69  
I can dream, can't I?

Cristina..I have had the colonoscopy before. Family history and I am older than you..so I have to do it every 5 years. They actually sedate you so you are in lala land and it is easy peasy. I even had and endioscope with mine last time and never knew a thing. So, okay, I won't lie...the prep of laxitives is not fun...but I figure a good clean out every 5 years won't hurt me. I just never plan anything for the day before the test or day of. You can not eat for 24 hours prior except clear liquids...so that is what I am doing today. Then the day of I am back home by 10 or so and just nap due to the sedatives..and EAT..finally. LOL. They make you bring a driver with you and ask that you have someone with you for the day...but I have never had any trouble. I am just always really sleepy...so I sleep. Have never been sore or anything afterwards.
I was very nervous the first time, but believe me when I say the prep is worse than the test...and it is not horrible.
Hope this helps...

Jules- Wonderful about your dad and I am keeping your mom in my thoughts and prayers.

Sassy- The dip was wonderful. I just spread refried beans on a plate or small cooky sheet. Top with a mixture of 16 oz. sour cream and dry taco seasoning (stir 'em up) then top with shredded cheese. I sprinkle tomatoes, onions, black olives...anything I have on hand ..on top. Chill and dip.. I do heat the beans first and then let them cool in the pan before I spread them, but I know some people do not have an adversion to eating things straight from the can. (my DH does have qualms about it..so I heat..)

Right now I am drinking liquids and trying to NOT think about food. Hard to do because being the wonderful wife and daughter that I am, I put a roast and veggies in the crock pot for my family's dinner. LOL... So that is smelling pretty darn good right now. DH asked me why I did that..he said they could have found something to eat. I just told him I am the one having the test no need for them to suffer. (oh, I also used the "being the wonderful wife that I am....." line on him. He laughed...)

Played cards last night and I won a texas hold 'em tournament (family game) I just love to beat out the guys....fun.

Doing nothing today except Farkleing and farming. I have been trying to stay busy.

Bought lots of fruits and veggies to eat after this test...thought if I am starting from an empty stomach I am going to TRY to eat right and get back on track. Even got out my trampoline so I can use it starting Tues.

Okay...all for now..hope you are having a great day and relaxing as you should on Sunday.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:17 AM   #70  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good morning!

SUE...thanks, that does help! Now I will make the appt and get it over with, lol. I could use a good cleansing! And you are a great wife and mother...I don't think I would cook for everyone if I couldn't eat it, lol.

Hello to everyone else!

Was up early for my walk but didn't actually go until about 6:15'ish...it was lightning so...didn't want to get started and get soaked. But it is done...now to do a couple of dvds by the end of the day...thinking one in about an hour and then one about 2. Other than that not a lot going on today.

Have a great day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:09 PM   #71  
ugggg.....

quickee--hubby wants on the computer.....

Mom's pathology report is tomorrow morning--I am sooo nervous!!
Old 08-17-2009, 09:02 PM   #72  
I can dream, can't I?

Jules, Thinking of you.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:53 AM   #73  
I can dream, can't I?

Feeling more rested today...the test was early in the a.m. yesterday and I had to be there an hour early, so I just felt tired. Then after the sedative I was tired all day. Oh well, have that done for another 3 years....ugh, they want me to do it in 3 instead of 5. I must add that my dad had colon cancer and 2 uncles died from colon cancer, so I am high on the list of Family history being the reason for return visits. Doesn't help that they had to send something off for a biopsy...so now I will be tested more often.
Fingers crossed for another biopsy result....

Today we are going to meet DD for lunch then I am watching Mason from 2-5. My day will be full...and I am also doing mounds of laundry since I took yesterday off.

Hope you are all having a great week and I will talk to you later.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #74  
ugggg.....

Mom's pathology came back no cancer!!! Now, if she can just recover from the after effects of the chemo, radiation and MAJOR surgery...

I am going to take a nap before I go pick hubby up from work...

HUGS Sue!! The procedure sounds yucky!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 07:21 PM   #75  
ugggg.....

no stress eating-- lost 2 pounds....I will take it!!