Old 08-04-2009, 02:45 PM   #46  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello...

KATHY...I saw that on your DDs wall when she posted it on FB, or her friends, can't remember which. That is too sad it ended as it did, but great that Kevin Costner stepped in like he did. I too didn't know he sang! About the baby shower game...I like that would but...I found a bunch and was trying to decide between them, very hard...that was one and the baby price is right is another I wanted to do and would have gone with one or the other but I found some I thought would be fun, two anyway, and then Charlotte requested the baby food game so. Wanted to keep it down to 2 or 3. One is passing a gift around and there's a little poem that goes with it that is quite cute/funny, or so I think. But it's over whoever is left holding it wins. Then the baby tray game with a twist...no one will expect it I don't think I am so pooped over this thing and the hard one has yet to begin! I got the main part of the diaper cake made yesterday and I like it. Couldn't find my glue gun to finish it so had to go buy one today. Anyway...good luck on your job! Hoping you love it!

MINDEE...sounds like a good, solid plan. Always better having good credit when trying to buy a house and yes...get the one you want, don't settle! Speaking of school...Cambrie is starting kindergarten next week! I thought that was really early.

SASSY...glad you and the hubby were able to go out. My hubby was switched to nights, well, second shift and it sucks! Couldn't imagine how you guys work a third shift!

JULES...how are you holding up? Hoping all is well with you and your momma. Lots of hugs and prayers for her and your dad.

SUSAN...COME BACK! MISSING YOU! LOTS! Yeah I am yelling in the hopes you hear me, lol! Hoping all is well with you and the girls! And work!

FRANCIE...bet you are getting excited about your star night out! Have fun!

KATY...hoping all is well with you and the fam too!

SUE...hoping you and the fam are enjoying Vegas! Would love to be there, I think. If it's cooler than it is here, for sure! Anywhere would be better than here...it is a HOT one! 101 today, ick!

Okay, who did I miss? I hope no one but if I did...sorry!

Was gonna say "Not a lot going on with me" but there is, lol. Definitely a busy week this week. Hubby waited until the week of the baby shower to stretch the carpet...for some reason it came loose and we have lived with 2 humps in the living room for a while now. I don't move the furniture around so not sure how it would come loose And borrowed Charlotte's shampooer and cleaned them since he had to take the furniture out. I just feel so drained and pooped! Oh, and I am watching the little one this week and two days next week. Can't believe she starts kindergarten next Wed...seems early to me. Anyway...tons to get done before Sat, well, and Sat...was excited but now I can't wait until it's over!

Did get my walk in this morning and other than that, not sure if any more will get done, just too pooped!

Take care all, and have a wonderful day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:16 PM   #47  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just hanging out here at home....Tommy had an officers meeting at lodge....so it was me and the kids for dinner. they are all hopefully sleeping now.....I know the boys are!

Cristina~ Next week? The kids around here don't start until after Labor Day.....so we still have some time. In fact, the other day when I told Brandon that school starts next month, he grabbed my arm and said "but mom, we need back packs!" I told him that we would make sure that they have back packs before school starts!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:17 PM   #48  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi All,

Happy VERY RAINY Tuesday!!!!!!! (At least here) It stormed here this morning right when DH was getting off of work and he had the motorcycle. So he had to ride through the pouring rain and hail. He made it home safely, TG, but tonight he drove the car. He loves riding, but its when it is crappy weather like this that sucks and his work isn't as close as mine is. Mine is only like 7 minutes or so away. I am also having another good hair day and what did I do? I just took my shower in the morning instead of at night when I get up. So for some reason going to bed with my hair wet, and then waking up for work, my hair decides to "behave"........... lol.

Mindee -- Yeah its definitely worth waiting for the right one. We are very very happy in our house. Even if we are only renting it, our landlord is way cool and lets us make it "ours" and who knows maybe he'll let us rent-to-own eventually. We love the neighborhood for sure! Anyways, Good Luck on your hunt and remember -- "Never settle for less than the Best!" I just thought of that, even though I am sure someone else probably has said it before! lol.

Cristina -- I actually love nights. I have worked all shifts, 1st, 2nd and 3rds. I prefer 2nd and 3rds. #1 very little or no management around, I can sleep in, little or no traffic, I love it. But some people aren't cut out to working nights and oh yeah also like working nights for the extra money (shift differential) Amazing how cleaning can poop you out! They should make a work out video titled, "Work out and Clean your house at the same time!" lol. Wow starting kindergarten already? Times flies, eh?

Well I hope you all are doing well!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 08-04-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:14 PM   #49  

just hanging around the house for now....we have to go grocery shopping tonight....and our neighbor is going to go with us because she needs to do her shopping as well and she doesn't have a car right now.

other than that....nothing else going on.....

Shell~ I couldn't agree more! we figured that it would be best for all of us if we waited until this time next year before getting a house....that way it gives us plenty of time to get things cleared up!
Old 08-05-2009, 10:57 PM   #50  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Just time for a quick hello.

Cristina, got the videos today....Thank you very much. I am now going to put them on and hopefully this will start a new routine for me.

K I'll talk to you all later.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:55 AM   #51  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hello..We are home and well. Mom did great at my aunt's house. Lots of catching up to do. Stress and vacation eating have really way-laid me, but hopefully I can see the light at the end of the tunnel by next week.

Thanks for all your good wishes..we did have a nice trip. It was way too hot for me and I refuse to go out there in July or Aug. again. We are no longer interested in having a second home there.....

I will get caught up and be back ASAP...
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:43 PM   #52  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello all...

Just a sort of quickie for me...taking a break while I try to get the little one to sleep. For some reason my feet are hurting so bad...I feel like I have been walking for days, lol...I've actually not walked, other than all the running around and cleaning/decorating stuff...just being on the old dogs. Anyway...slowly coming together. I know by the time Sat rolls around I will be ready for about a 2 day nap, lol! Come Monday morning though I am definitely getting back on track with the walks! Will never get to Vegas at this rate, lol.

KATHY...I was wondering if you had received them or not...been so busy lately I forgot to ask! I hope you enjoy them, ha! Who the heck enjoys exercise, lol? How's work going? Do you like it?

SUE...glad you guys made it home safely! And that you enjoyed Vegas, other than the heat that is.

SASSY...yeah, I hear that a lot from people who work the 2nd & 3rd shift. Hubby has once and didn't mind it but this time around he's not liking it so much. But yeah...would be great to do all your shopping in the wee hours of the morn while everyone else is sleeping!

MINDEE...yeah they are starting early...Cambrie is all happy too, she got a new princess backpack, lol.

Hiya to everyone else

Have a few other places to visit online and then it's back to work for me...playing catch-up with the laundry...missed a day, or so I thought it was just a day (losing all track of time) but for some reason I have about 4 loads to do...#2 is almost done washing so, gonna be a long day, actually a long next 3 days!

Have a GREAT Thursday
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #53  
ugggg.....

Quickee for me....everybody is home--tired but not in a lot of pain--it was so nice to sleep in my own bed Wednesday night and not have to get up before 5 AM to drive to Baltimore....Mom has an appt on the 18th and Dad has to set up his appt to get his staples out..

I am not doing ANYTHING this weekend except playing with Dominic
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:46 AM   #54  
~Believe~

Cool Sassy is Rockin'!! lol

Hola All!!

I have just been doing the usual, workin' then last night DH took me down to Childrens Hospital (Where he works) we brought his coworker a baby gift and I got to meet everybody there. They are really nice. Then we went to an awesome place to eat that they all order from all the time. It was really good.

Today we had our friend over and cooked out, had steaks and baked potatoes and cucumber salad. I have pretty much fell off the "diet" wagon. I eat what I want, just in much smaller portions. It works better for me. I just gotta get back to excercising. Since I got sick last month, I stopped walking on my lunch at work. My coworker has been walking though, she is doing really well, lost weight. But she is 11 years younger than me and not as heavy as me. I know not a great excuse, but it makes a difference.

Anywho, right now our friend and DH are trying to fix our home computer. (I am on DH's work laptop). So lets hope they fix it! I was rockin' before to Def Leppard! YEEEEEAHHHH BABBBBBYYY!! lol. They are like one my favorite bands ever! I got to see them in concert when I was a Senior in HS! So that was like forever ago!

Mindee -- that sounds like a good plan!

Cristina -- Yeah nights def isn't for everybody! Hope u get some rest!

Hi Kathy! [COLOR="Magenta"]

Sue -- Hey Chickie, glad u all had a great time!

Jules -- Glad your all home, its always nice to be in your own bed! I can never sleep anywhere else unless I am drugged! lol. Except for DH's Aunt & Uncle's House in Tennessee, I always can conk right out there for some reason!!! Must be because my body knows its where I would love to live!!! I hope all goes well with your mom and dad!

Thats about it. Sassy out...........
Old 08-09-2009, 12:17 PM   #55  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Happy Sunday everyone.

Jules - how is your play weekend going? Hope that you are enjoying yourself.

Sassy - sounds like you had a good time. What does your hubby do? Have you ever heard of Paul Mcenna? ( l spelled that wrong) he says eat whatever you want whenever you want, but just eat slowly, and only until you are satisfied, not stuffed. Def Leppard is actually out on tour right now. I was going to get tickets for DH and DS, but they were way too much.

Cristina - How did the babyshower go? Did you have enough food for everyone? I hope that baby Lily got a lot of presents. Was little Princess there? As for my job, I just finished 4 days of orientation, and I am wondering if I will be able to handle this job. I am worried about changing the bladder control issue products on the residents, and keeping their skin mosturized so it doesn't tear. I start my first day with this tomorrow, so my fingers are crossed.

Sue - glad that you had a good time. Sorry that it was so hot. Glad to hear that your mom had a good time also. When we were there in April it was hot, can't imagine it now.

Mindee, did you go to your tattoo party? Did you and Tommy enjoy your time alone without the kids. Good to have a friend like you have.

Ok I must run, and get some laundry going so everyone has some clothes for the morning. Also, going to try and find SusieQ's phone number on the internet....I am launching a search and rescue mission as I know we are all suffering from Susan withdrawal.....
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:56 PM   #56  
~Believe~

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckycharm View Post
Happy Sunday everyone.

Sassy - sounds like you had a good time. What does your hubby do? Have you ever heard of Paul Mcenna? ( l spelled that wrong) he says eat whatever you want whenever you want, but just eat slowly, and only until you are satisfied, not stuffed. Def Leppard is actually out on tour right now. I was going to get tickets for DH and DS, but they were way too much.

Ok I must run, and get some laundry going so everyone has some clothes for the morning. Also, going to try and find SusieQ's phone number on the internet....I am launching a search and rescue mission as I know we are all suffering from Susan withdrawal.....
Hey There Fellow 3FCers!

Well yay another brand new week at work for me! At least this is my "short" week! YAY! No it doesn't take much for me!! lol.

Kathy -- My husband works on the network for the hospital, makes sure all the monitors, mri, cat scan, all the stuff in the hospital that "talks" to the network he makes sure is "talking" to the network. He loves his job because it combines both of his loves of computers and medical (he used to be a firefighter/paramedic) plus he loves Children and he works for the Children's Hospital. Yes I have heard of Paul McKenna. I did his plan for a while, I just could never get to the exercise part, even though he makes it easy, just says to keep "adding extra steps". Guess I could try that again. I still eat the way he says too, so that part I already have down. Yeah I know I wanted to see Def Leppard too, but my dh never follows through. I always ask him if he wants to go and he says yes then I say do you want me to order the tickets and he is like, "lets just wait and see". PFFFFFT! Next time I think I'm just gonna order them and go whether he goes or not! lol. I got all my laundry done, that is washed, dryed, folded and put away! YAY! GL on the SQ mission!

Big to all!
Old 08-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #57  

I had it set up to send me an email when there were responses in here, and I haven't gotten them lately!

we did end up getting to go out on Saturday with just me and Tommy. we had three parties to go to and managed to make it to only two of them. (we had a birthday party, a graduation party, and then another birthday/tattoo party) we made it to both birthday parties, but not the graduation party.

we both ended up getting some new ink while we were at the tattoo party. I had to sit in the chair for a little bit longer because the cops went by and were looking at the house. (apparently in the city we were in, you are not allowed to tattoo in houses for money, but you can for donations) luckily the cops never stopped at the house they just kept going. I have the pictures of the new ink on both myspace and facebook, so take a look at them.

on another side note: Brandon is fully potty trained during the day! he now wears underwear all day and only a pull up at night time! he is so excited to start school in a couple of weeks! we even got them their back packs last week, so now they are really excited about school starting!!! when school starts, Logan will be in pull ups!!!
Old 08-10-2009, 04:53 PM   #58  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

As always there is drama in my life..just something to keep up the stress level and stir the pot. DD in California is having issues with her "ex" again and taking him back to court. They have joint custody as per most of CA...and she is going for permanent and complete custody. He is a nut-job. She is a basket case and out there with little family...just tough. I could go for a week or two, but who knows when court will be or how long this will take....just not feasible.
Meanwhile..here, everything is back to normal. Mom was sick all week-end and I had been sick before her...so we didn't accomplish much around the house.

Yesterday I ironed all afternoon and today did the washing of bedclothes and towels. Cleaned bathrooms and now have on a pot of ham and beans for dinner.

Grandson brought Mason over for a visit over the week-end and the little stinker cried most of the time here. He was really sleepy and would not give up and nap. I guess he slept in the car on the way home and was happy as a clam after that. LOL

Cristina- How did the shower go? or did I miss that somewhere? Hope all is well.

Mindee- Great job for Brandon. What tattoo did you get?

Sassy- Let's drink to your "short" week. Cheers! I am glad you enjoyed going to DH's work. And double glad that he likes his job so much.

Kathy- Hope the job works out ok. I am not sure I could do those things either... Hope you find Miss Susie Q. I am concerned about her and Francie...

Jules- Glad things have slowed at your place. Bet you enjoyed the little guy. Hope things continue to look up for both your Mom and Dad.

And where are our other missing BIKers??
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:25 PM   #59  
~Believe~

Hola all.

Tonight is a night that makes u just wanna sleep. Its all rainy and dreary out. Definitely did not feel like coming into work, but after tonight, only one more night left for me! YAY!

Mindee -- WTG Brandon! Glad u had fun at your tattoo party!

Sue -- Sorry to hear your mom was sick. I hope all goes well for your DD. Isn't it amazing how when u are young u fight to not take a nap, but when u get older, u fight to take one! lol.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:56 PM   #60  

just thought I would check back in here to see how every one is doing!

Sue~ I hope things settle down for you all soon! I got the first part of a three part tattoo on my lower back. this first part, and center of the tattoo, is four trinity symbols put together. they are pink, blue and green.

Shell~ That sounds like a nice night for sleep! we had storms last night, so it was a nice night to sleep last night!