Old 07-29-2009, 08:20 AM   #46  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicki54 View Post
I'm back! After a day of getting those jobs done around the house we all put off unless that is you're a domestic goddess. Well as my DH would say I didn't marry you for your ability to keep house, if I wanted that I would hire a housekeeper! Strange thing is he obviously didn't marry me for my cooking skills either.

Nicki
Hi Nicki,

Your DH is a sweetie. He says some nice things and has some good ideas.
My plan for today is to keep eating only when I am hungry. Noticing lots about my eating and body right now. I figure it is good to get to know those things, especially at 49. lol

We have company coming tomorrow and so I need to clean. Got a lot to do and have to get the dd ready for camp. She goes to Boston this sunday. Agghh. I think I am going to get some boiled eggs done so I have something quick if I get rushed for time.

Wondering how Kelli is doing.

Take care. Catch you later. Ash
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:14 PM   #47  
This is my year!

S/C/G: 291/252/150

Height: 5'4"

Wink I melting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemidst View Post
Hi Nicki,

Your DH is a sweetie. He says some nice things and has some good ideas.
My plan for today is to keep eating only when I am hungry. Noticing lots about my eating and body right now. I figure it is good to get to know those things, especially at 49. lol

We have company coming tomorrow and so I need to clean. Got a lot to do and have to get the dd ready for camp. She goes to Boston this sunday. Agghh. I think I am going to get some boiled eggs done so I have something quick if I get rushed for time.

Wondering how Kelli is doing.

Take care. Catch you later. Ash

Hey Ash,
Long time no chat!!

How are you?

How have you been handling the heat?
Around here it's been in the 100's. Yesterday, I think that it reached 108.
Oh My Gosh.
Ya' know, if it melted away the excess poundage.....I wouldn't mind so much. But as it stands, I haven't air conditioning in the house, but thank the Lord I do have a basement.
I haven't been able to motivate myself much at all in this heat. More just veg state!

As for the diet, I don't know what to say.
It just seems to be an impossible journey for me. I may just have to wait until I see my new doctor in September to figure out what to do next.

How 'bout yourself? Weight still going down?

Well, just thought that I would check in with you. We haven't in awhile.
Keep cool.

KELLI
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:23 PM   #48  
my beautiful mess

Kelli,
Good to hear from you. Things are good here. Not as hot as there!!!

Hang in there. Seeing the Doc is a good idea. But it's all about baby steps. Are you expecting perfection or too much from yourself? Baby steps!

There is lots of support here, so when you have a plan - use the site as much as you can. It does help.

Thinking about you,
Ash
Old 07-29-2009, 04:39 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 270/270/154

Height: 5' 9"

How about we swop weather for a few days? You two can have the torrential rain we've been having for the past 2 days and I will have the sunshine?

Nothing to report except that absolutely nothing has gone to plan today mainly because of the weather. DD's summer scheme was cancelled, both of us got drenched twice. Oh hang on I do have one dieting piece of news to report I'm officially down 1lb. So I've put £10 into my special savings account.

Ash and Kelli I hope everything is ok with you two?

Nicki
Nicki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:09 PM   #50  
my beautiful mess

Nicki,
So, summer is over in the UK?

Woohoo - 1 lb - that is the way to do it!
Glad to see your doing well.

I am ok. Been busy working on a project. Guests come tomorrow with their animals. Haven't finished cleaning the house. They eat healthy so that will be easy. I haven't been overeating and I have been on OP. The water though-is not easy for me right now. Oops gotta go start dinner tasks.

See you later.

A
Old 07-30-2009, 02:40 PM   #51  

Diet what diet, I know the only reason why I'm down 1lb this week is pure luck and has nothing to do with how I'm eating or what I'm eating. That is unless I've invented the chocolate and watch tv diet and exercise programme to better health. Somehow I doubt that. No matter what I try or how determined I am, something distracts me. I really do need to find a plan I can work with, that fits into family life and is idiot proof, oh and of course it has to be healthy but that of course goes without saying.

Our electric went off for a few hours today, I started to get a bit worried and wondered whether a wind up computer could be invented like the wind up radio or torch. Think of the calories we could burn up winding the thing up!

Ash thinking of you and your guests. What sort of animals are they bringing? I know the house will be presentable by the time they arrived. As to the water drinking just do the best you can.

Kelli there's no shame in admitting when things get tough and even if you do decide to wait until September then that's ok. No pressure, though it is nice to hear from you, so please keep posting regardless of whether you're on plan, off plan, never going on a plan until other parts of your life are sorted, such as your health in general.

Got to go as DH is due home soon.

Nicki
Old 07-30-2009, 07:07 PM   #52  
my beautiful mess

Quote:

Kelli there's no shame in admitting when things get tough and even if you do decide to wait until September then that's ok. No pressure, though it is nice to hear from you, so please keep posting regardless of whether you're on plan, off plan, never going on a plan until other parts of your life are sorted, such as your health in general.

Nicki
Hello Chickies,

Nicki, what you said to Kelli is so perfect. There is no pressure here. And there is lots of support.

Gotta run get ready for dinner.
Ash
Old 07-31-2009, 04:19 AM   #53  

I've bought a book called 'Potatos not Prozac' and it's looking promising so far, I'm going to read it cover to cover and then decide whether it's right for me.

Nicki
Old 07-31-2009, 07:10 AM   #54  
my beautiful mess

Quote:
I've bought a book called 'Potatos not Prozac' and it's looking promising so far, I'm going to read it cover to cover and then decide whether it's right for me.

Nicki
Nicki,

Sounds like a really interesting book. Love the title. Let us know what you think.
Had a wonderful time with our company. Had some cake now it's back to no desserts. They really are like a drug for me.
The dh is gone for two days and the dd and I leave for Boston. Hectic.
Hope the weather has improved.
Have a great day.

Kelli,
Thinking about you.

Ash
Old 08-01-2009, 04:04 AM   #55  

I'm not doing at all well keeping to any sort of eating plan, so trying to go my own way hasn't worked I looked into the fat smash plan again and the first few lines put me off. "Diets didn't let you down, you let the diet down" now that just got my back up 100% it got me angry, upset and straight into a 3 day no holds barred binge. How dare that man presume that I'm a failure, then I thought yes he is right I am a failure, there's no hope for me, lets eat a bar of chocolate. I'm a complete waste of space why do I even bother to keep breathing. Putting people down so that they fight back to prove them wrong may work for some it has the opposite affect with me as you can tell. OK rant is now over.

Nicki
Old 08-01-2009, 05:25 AM   #56  

OK as the title of this thread states 'Enough is enough' and that is exactly my mood right now. I've made the decision to join Slimming World, I've looked into various plans and this one seems the best for me. I have realised that I can't do it on my own. I need not only online support but also group support. This mean't in my area I had three choices. WW, Rosemary Conley or SW. WW meetings at least in my area won't allow children to stay to the meetings unless it's an emergency. RC won't allow children at all. SW will allow children as long as the leader is informed. I would have to take DD with me, because DH works awkward shifts and is away from home sometimes depending on where his company sends him. My family live too far away to babysit and DH family are great but in poor health, or as with my family out of the area. I can't rely on friends or neighbours with DD being special needs, it wouldn't be fair on them or DD, and there's no chance I would leave DD in the hands of a teenage babysitter.

Thinking of you Kelli and Ash both of you take care.

Nicki
Old 08-01-2009, 12:58 PM   #57  
my beautiful mess

Nicki,

Tell me more about Slimming World. I have never heard of it. I remember desperately wanting to go to WW and ran into the same issue with the dd not being able to go. The world is not very accommodating to children.

About your rant. I am sorry. I sent you to FS. Ugghh. BUT you are not a failure. Not now - not ever. You are a gift to this world. Really. So forget him!!!

The more I think about this all _the weight loss journey_ I think it is about self discovery and self love.

SO bravo to you for finding a plan that will work for you and your family.

Ash
Old 08-02-2009, 11:11 AM   #58  

Feeling a lot better today. Legs aren't as painful, and it's the start of a new week, plus I've my first meeting with SW on Thursday, so until then I'm not watching what I'm eating at all and surprise surprise I'm not binging either.

Nicki
Old 08-03-2009, 04:38 AM   #59  

It's Monday and I'm wondering where Kelli is? Are you still here Kelli I hope you are, because if not how on earth will you get your daily .

DH is taking DD to her summer scheme right now and when he gets back we're going to look at washing machines. Wow what an exciting life I lead! (sarcasm)
Still I wouldn't change him for the world.

Nicki
Old 08-03-2009, 11:05 AM   #60  
my beautiful mess

Hi All,

Made it back form Boston intact. Barely though. As the day degraded and the stress increased my op eating went out the window. I am determined to get in control today.

Nicki, Enjoy the washing machine shopping
Kelli, Thinking about you.

Ash