Old 07-19-2009, 12:22 PM   #16  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicki54 View Post
I'd typed a long rant about housework but decided to delete it and post this instead
I know which I'd prefer!

Staying on track today Breakfast was 2 slices of toast Lunch was porridge, because it's Roast Beef Yorkshire Puds Gravy and a selection of veggies followed by Ice Cream.

Nicki
Sounds like a good plan. Miss the yorkshires. I am off bread tho indefinitely. But I could see making them for the holiday dinner.

Housework. Ick.

We went out last night. The DH and the DD - had a lovely meal. Was mostly in control. Which is important for me.

How old is you daughter?

A
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:01 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 270/270/154

Height: 5' 9"

My daughter is 11, how old is your DD Ash?

Today the house is quiet as DH and DD are both out DH at work and DD at Summer Scheme.I'm using this rare time to plan my meals for the week. 7 breakfast, 7 lunches and 7 Dinners, I'll then mix and match as the mood takes me. That's the plan whether it'll work is another matter.

Nicki
Nicki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:06 AM   #18  
my beautiful mess

Quote:
My daughter is 11, how old is your DD Ash?

Today the house is quiet as DH and DD are both out DH at work and DD at Summer Scheme.I'm using this rare time to plan my meals for the week. 7 breakfast, 7 lunches and 7 Dinners, I'll then mix and match as the mood takes me. That's the plan whether it'll work is another matter.

Nicki
Hi,
What are your meals like? I think that is a great idea to plan for the whole week with the mix and match option. I don't know if I am that organized. I have been counting calories and it is interesting - things I have avoided for years are not that bad....like fruit.
I am doing some challenges. the jingle holiday one and a 5 lb one. Are you trying any of those? I'll come cheer you on.
The Dh is also gone to work. The dd is headed to camp. She is going to be 15 soon. wow.
Catch you later.
A
Old 07-20-2009, 02:21 PM   #19  

My meals are simple, easy to cook and with easy to obtain ingredients. I can't stand those diets where you have to source foods from expensive stores. So I'm talking jacket potato with tuna mayo, or shepards pie, porridge, fresh fruit salad, grilled chicken with steamed veggies of choice, toad in the hole made with hot dog sausages rather than the traditional banger. Bacon and eggs though poaching the egg rather than frying it. Simple stir fries, Simple savoury spreads on toast, lots of other things on toast especially for breakfast. I think you get the picture.

I found today that the value low fat yogurt costing 25p for four is 15 calories lower per pot than the ones I usually buy at a cost of 85p for four, and they taste better too! I know which I'm going to buy from now on.

I'm going to look into the challenges and see if one grabs me. The 5lb sounds good as long as it isn't a 'lose 5lb each week challenge'. That would be too harsh for me.

Does you daughter like camp or is she going kicking and screaming!

Nicki
Old 07-20-2009, 05:29 PM   #20  
my beautiful mess

It sounds like you eat the way we do. Right now tho we are off potatoes. But can have lots of rice. I think that might be cultural. The dh says he didn't really have rice as a child. Good deal on that yogurt. I have been meaning to make some. But I think yours would still be cheaper.

The dd likes camp. There are boys and her girlfriends.

The 5 lb challenge is to see who can lose 5 lbs 1st. I don't think it is very pressured tho. Also look at the just for today challenge. Nice group. Smaller.

I decided to journal and I decided to go public with it. omg. I think it will help.

Catch you later.
A
Old 07-21-2009, 05:15 AM   #21  

Very brave to journal Ash, now it's not for me, because I'm like Dory in 'What Katy Did'. Full of enthusiasm for the first couple of days then it becomes a chore, then after about a week give in.

I'm now off to check the challenges again. I've decided agains't joining the 5lb club I'm English and work in stones and pounds so my mini goals are going to be 7lb not 5lb. 7lb being half a stone.

Going to lurk in the jingle thread and see what it's like, that seems a good prospect, then I will check out the one day at a time challenge as well.

Nicki
Old 07-21-2009, 03:46 PM   #22  
This is my year!

S/C/G: 291/252/150

Height: 5'4"

Angry No more food,

I am having a horrible time this past week in eating EVERYTHING.

I am an emotional eater and I've been having some difficulties at the home front that has set me off into a horrible eating binge.
I am going to go check out Overeaters Anonymous and see if I can get help there. I've even stopped going to my weight loss program support group meetings. I haven't been in like 8 weeks?
I'm ashamed with myself.

I feel horrible, I'm bloated up, I'm achy all over. And, the list goes on, but I think that perhaps you get the point.

I'm also afraid that when I go for my medication refills, to a new doctor in September that because of my weight that the blood work is going to indicate diabetes.
In the past, I have been borderline and when I lost a few pounds, it was fine. But, oh my gosh, if it shows up diabetes and it being higher then borderline, I'm seriously going to dive into a big depression. In fact, and I know me, I WILL NOT do anything about it!!!
I won't.
What I will do, is to refuse to deal with it at this time and to concentrate on getting this weight off. Then, recheck the blood work.

Oh, and I wouldn't dare mention (now this is "if" I show up diabetic) this to my DH.
Oh my gosh, NO!!!\

Talk about someone coming unglued??
He would tell me, "I told you so." He would scream and holler at me up one side and down the other and then start ALL over the next day.

Oh yah, he's a charmer!!!

And, this is why I haven't been online lately!!
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:39 PM   #23  

Kelli

Great to have you back, and chin up girl, now you're here things are going to get better. The 3 of us against the world. You me and Ash, oh and anyone else that joins in. We will succeed, we have to, it's that simple. So take a deep breath and tomorrow is a new day. If you have a strong faith, I don't care who or what you believe in, that is your personal choice, but whatever it is, hold on to it, try and find peace within. Do what you know is right for you. I can't tell you what to do and it's not my place to either, but I know one thing with the correct support you will prevail.

Nicki
Old 07-21-2009, 06:14 PM   #24  
my beautiful mess

Hey Nicki and Kelli,

I am glad you both are here. I hope this thread still seems open enough to welcome others.

It's a great group folks. This little bit of contact and huge bits of compassion and encouragement have made me feel like we can succeed. I thank you for that!

Kelli,
Ditto what Nicki said.
Also I remember that your concern for your health was what brought you here in the 1st place, that and your child's nightmare. Don't lose hold of those reasons to get healthy- they are great reasons. Let them motivate you to do one little thing for yourself today.
In fact join us in the "just for today challenge July 21" so we can support you there.

Nicki, forgot about the stone thingie. Do they have a similar thread in the UK chicks forum?
Journaling - I am like you all excited at first and then lose interest. Well, that is my usual MO. I am hoping that is one of those things that will change about me - with practice.
Glad to see you in the JFT thread.

Catch you both tomorrow. Ash

Last edited by inthemidst; 07-21-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:00 AM   #25  

I've found another challenge group in the Chicks in control section which is a weekly binge-free challenge. I've joined because I am a compulsive, emotional overeater, and it's another place to get support from others who have the same demons to face. We may have different reasons on why we binge but when alls said and done, it's nice to know that we're not alone.

Now to slightly change the subject. There will be times when I could be wallowing in self pity, or procrastinating on how I'll never get the weight off, or it's obvious that I'm not even trying to get my act together. If you sense any of these things, you both have my permission to tell me straight, I won't be offended. There are times when are good but other times the tough love approach is more beneficial as long as it's done with love, care, and respect.

Nicki
Old 07-22-2009, 08:41 AM   #26  
my beautiful mess

Quote:
I've found another challenge group in the Chicks in control section which is a weekly binge-free challenge. I've joined because I am a compulsive, emotional overeater, and it's another place to get support from others who have the same demons to face. We may have different reasons on why we binge but when alls said and done, it's nice to know that we're not alone.

Now to slightly change the subject. There will be times when I could be wallowing in self pity, or procrastinating on how I'll never get the weight off, or it's obvious that I'm not even trying to get my act together. If you sense any of these things, you both have my permission to tell me straight, I won't be offended. There are times when are good but other times the tough love approach is more beneficial as long as it's done with love, care, and respect.

Nicki
Hey, I am going to check out the chicks in control challenge. I am an emotional overeater. And I am not bingeing right now but I am eating past full and feel like crap.
Same goes for me. Sometimes hugs, sometimes tough love. Both are welcome. Today I feel like crap and now I am wallowing a little - but trying my best to stay on task.

Kelli, hope to catch you later.

Have a great day!

A
Old 07-22-2009, 09:59 AM   #27  
This is my year!

S/C/G: 291/252/150

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Yorkshire Puds!!!

Well here it is yet another day for success.

I read over Nicki's last post with the dinner menus and Yorkshire Puds!!! I have had them on my mind for days!! Oh how I love them.
I should have made them last night with my turkey, mashed potatoes with gravy, and veggies.

Breakfast was 2 slices of toast with a tablespoon of peanut butter.
I'm off to a good start.

KELLI

Oh yah, as I began my typing here comes this huge spider lowering itself down from the ceiling in front of me. Oh my gosh, I felt like little Miss Muppett!!!
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:24 AM   #28  

Good Morning Ash and Kelli, and a big to anyone else who happens to drop by.

I've got the mother of all migraines so I'm posting this up, just to say if I'm not back for the rest of the day that's why.

Take care.

Nicki
Old 07-23-2009, 09:36 AM   #29  
my beautiful mess

Hey all.

Nicki - hope you feel better.
Kelly- Hope you had another day of success. Btw - some believe that spiders are grandmothers - who watch out for us.

I am off to have lunch with a friend I have not seen in 30 years. Going to eat as simply as I can at lunch.

Happy day!

Ash
Old 07-23-2009, 02:00 PM   #30  
FatPant Striver

S/C/G: 284/284/274

Height: 5'8

Default Hey guys...

Just thought i'd snoop around here a bit. I'm feeling very "enough is enough" right now.

Hope you all are doing well!
MontanaAshli is offline   Reply With Quote