Old 07-05-2009, 12:42 PM   #31  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HELLO CHICKS OF THE WORLD. MY YELLOWED HEADED DOWNY FRIENDS. AFTER A DAY LIKE YESTERDAY...YOU REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR ONLINE FFIENDS PEOPLE FALLING DOWN, SENIORS ON THE ROOFTOP , CARS JAMMING UP THE PARKING LOT SO MUCH THE AMBULANCE COULDN'T GET NEAR THE BLDG, PEOPLE TRYING TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE BLDG(GUESS THEY LIKED OUR ROOFTOP'S LOCATION) ...THEY FINALLY SENT ME JIMMY BACK TO HELP OUT. WOULD YOU BELIEVE THAT OUT OF TOWNERS TRIED TO SET UP TENT S AND PARK THEIR CARS ALL OVER THESE RIVERFRONT TOWNS BEFORE THE TOWNSHIPS CLOSED THE STREETS? WHEN IT WAS ALL OVER...PEACE CAME TO THE BLDG. I MISSED THE DISPLAY BOTH OUTSIDE AND ON THE TV. I SHOULD HAVE SET THE RECORDER THE POOR GRANDSON WAS LIVING IN FEAR THE END OF THE WORLD WAS HERE. SEEMED LIKE THE BURSTS OF COLOR WENT OVER OUR ROOFTOP BUT IT WAS A GOOD DAY OTHERWISE. LOTS OF VISITORS AND SMILING SENIORS. GOTTA BE A GOOD DAY!! RIGHT???

SHAD~ WE COULD HAVE TOASTED TO THE BIRTHDAY AND NOT HAD ONE OF MY SENIORS IN SIGHT HAD I HAD THE AFORETHOUGHT TO GET ON A FRIGGING PLANE AND HEAD YOUR WAY!! OPE YOUR WEEKEND WAS A GOOD ONE AND YOU ARE RESTED AND CALM ENOUGH NOT TO DRAW BLOOD WHEN YOU HIT WORK TOMORROW!!

HAPPY~ I AM SORRY I MISSED EVERY BIT OF THE SHOW BUT CHIT HAPPENS. I DO THE SAME AS YOU...BUY THE PRODUCE SECTION OUT OF THE STORE AND THEN DON'T FEEL GOOD OR PLANS LIKE YOU SAID CHANGE AND THE GARBAGE MAN GETS THE WHOLE MESS! WE ARE CREATURES OF HABIT. SOAK UP THE SUN WHILE IT IS OUT....IN BETWEEN THE CLOUDS AND DRIPS!!

RUTHIE!!! GOOD TO SEE YOU!! WONDER IF ANY OF US WILL EVER SLOW DOWN??? AST LEAST BEING BUSY KEEPS US ACTIVE. YOU BETTER PAY ATTENTION TO THAT TICKER OF YOURS!! OR I WILL HAVE TO GET THE CATTLE PROD CHARGED UP AND COME AFTER YOU!! HOPE YOU RAISE A BUNDLE OF CASH...IT WON'T BE FOR LACK OF TRYING ON YOUR PART MY NORTHERN FRIEND
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:49 PM   #32  
Happy September

HELLO CHICKS OF THE WORLD. MY YELLOWED HEADED DOWNY FRIENDS. AFTER A DAY LIKE YESTERDAY...YOU REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR ONLINE FRIENDS
PEOPLE FALLING DOWN, SENIORS ON THE ROOFTOP , CARS JAMMING UP THE PARKING LOT SO MUCH THE AMBULANCE COULDN'T GET NEAR THE BLDG, PEOPLE TRYING TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE BLDG(GUESS THEY LIKED OUR ROOFTOP'S LOCATION) ...THEY FINALLY SENT ME JIMMY BACK TO HELP OUT.
WOULD YOU BELIEVE THAT OUT OF TOWNERS TRIED TO SET UP TENTS AND PARK THEIR CARS ALL OVER THESE RIVERFRONT TOWNS BEFORE THE TOWNSHIPS CLOSED THE STREETS? WHEN IT WAS ALL OVER...PEACE CAME TO THE BLDG.
I MISSED THE DISPLAY BOTH OUTSIDE AND ON THE TV. I SHOULD HAVE SET THE RECORDER THE POOR GRANDSON WAS LIVING IN FEAR THE END OF THE WORLD WAS HERE. SEEMED LIKE THE BURSTS OF COLOR WENT OVER OUR ROOFTOP BUT IT WAS A GOOD DAY OTHERWISE. LOTS OF VISITORS AND SMILING SENIORS. GOTTA BE A GOOD DAY!! RIGHT???

SHAD~ WE COULD HAVE TOASTED TO THE BIRTHDAY AND NOT HAD ONE OF MY SENIORS IN SIGHT HAD I HAD THE AFORETHOUGHT TO GET ON A FRIGGING PLANE AND HEAD YOUR WAY!! HOPE YOUR WEEKEND WAS A GOOD ONE AND YOU ARE RESTED AND CALM ENOUGH NOT TO DRAW BLOOD WHEN YOU HIT WORK TOMORROW!!

HAPPY~ I AM SORRY I MISSED EVERY BIT OF THE SHOW BUT CHIT HAPPENS. I DO THE SAME AS YOU...BUY THE PRODUCE SECTION OUT AT THE STORE AND THEN DON'T FEEL GOOD OR PLANS CHANGE LIKE YOU SAID AND THE GARBAGE MAN GETS THE WHOLE MESS! WE ARE CREATURES OF HABIT. SOAK UP THE SUN WHILE IT IS OUT....IN BETWEEN THE CLOUDS AND DRIPS!!

RUTHIE!!! GOOD TO SEE YOU!! WONDER IF ANY OF US WILL EVER SLOW DOWN??? AT LEAST BEING BUSY KEEPS US ACTIVE. YOU BETTER PAY ATTENTION TO THAT TICKER OF YOURS!! OR I WILL HAVE TO GET THE CATTLE PROD CHARGED UP AND COME AFTER YOU!! HOPE YOU RAISE A BUNDLE OF CASH...IT WON'T BE FOR LACK OF TRYING ON YOUR PART MY NORTHERN FRIEND
Old 07-05-2009, 01:20 PM   #33  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Sunday ladies -

I'm exhausted. We didn't get to the fireworks Friday or Saturday night. Some trials and tribulations with DMIL. Friday was way too cool for her and yesterday she wasn't feeling well at all. She had a difficult time keeping anything down. So once we got her settled, we were done for the evening. I've been on the 'puter a lot this weekend...trying to design my own website so that I can advertise and get more business. DH, DMIL and I are hoping to go fishing later....after all the jetskiers get off the lake.

Wish I could have another day or two off work....but that's okay. It'll actually be good to get back in my routine.

My website is calling me...so I'd better get back to it.

Love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:01 PM   #34  

Hello Ladies,

Mitchellez - I'm sorry to hear your MIL was under the weather. I hope she gets to feeling better. I hope you get youe website looking the way you want.

Happy - I too overbought at the Farmer's Market. I bought a big watermellon and have been eating it everyday, along with blueberries, strawberries and tri-color corn. At least it's not candy

Mel - you mentioned people falling down, was that seniors in the building or people outside?

Shad - Ceejay is suppose to be coming in this weekend. I too hope we get a chance to meet up.

Ruth - glad you dropped by. I hope you raise lots of funds at your fundraiser.

As for me not much going on. I had a very restful weekend. I potted some flowers and another tomato plant.

Last edited by 1day@atime; 07-05-2009 at 09:04 PM.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:30 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I've had a busy week and this week will be short because VACATION starts Wednesday. YES.
Went for the mammogram and bone density test on Thursday but still no results. This bone density test was a little different. They took pictures of my spine and hips. Had to get into a weird position. I commented that this was like doing a side plank. She laughed and said what is that. I'm anxious about the reults.

Mel
Sounds like you have had an exciting week end. My cousins children did fireworks last night. It was cute when they were doing sparklers. They all 3 posed as the Statue of Liberty and sang some patriotic songs. Before that one looked as though he were carrying the olympic torch.

Michelle
Sorry to hear about you mil being sick.

Happy
I'm not sure if my city got rain. I've been in Paragould since Friday evening.

Patty
I'm not sure what my sister has planned. We'll try to work something out. It might be closer to Sunday night before something can be arranged. Her children and a grand child will be there also. I'm thinking most of them will leave on Sunday afternoon.

Ruth
You sure are a busy person. It's good to see you back on the thread

Shad
Are you going to take some time off after this job ends? Sounds like this job has been extra stressful.

It's time for this girl to get to bed and or plan something for tomorrow's menu.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:28 PM   #36  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hiya all,
Back in Sydney and at work and not feeling too darned bright - but then as my friend Chris (down the road Chris, not ex-Japan Chris) would say - if you hurtle around the earth in tin tubes, then you should expect to get at least something for your money.

Had a lovely time back home. Just got on with it. Loads of washing done, folded up and put away. Still some towels and DS2's work gear on the line. I tell ya - there is nothing much to beat a sub-tropical winters day, except maybe a tropical winters day. Deep, bright blue skies, gentle breezes, temps in the early 20s (70-76 or so) no humidity and bright sunshine. Gotta love it.
So I tiled, swept, cleaned, created, and cooked. Didn't even bother to tell too many people I was home. That makes for a peaceful time in the hammock or just in a sun chaiselongue.

Mel - hope they weren't falling down on the rooftop. Must be the first time anyone has actually wanted to get into the Old Folks home! People get quite crazy with parking at events like that. Hey anythings good for a park and to **** with the rest of the world. Why they don't think to provide free public transport for the event I really don't know. Our rugby venues do it. They put on buses from the local rugby clubs and bus the people into the game. Then the club gets the benefits of those that like to drink before AND after (and probably during) the game. The club provides security in the car parks (you pay a parking fee) and the bus is completely free. Well worth it. So if the sporting venues can organise it, why not the councils and festival organisers. Dumb folk. Ok off the box.

Michelle - sorry to hear the DMIL is not having the best of times - and therefore neither are you!!! I feel her pain - today is way to cool for me as well. Gimme some heat!

Patty - hope the tomato plant grows up healthy and strong and gives you heaps of good fruit. I left my farmers market stuff in the fridge in Brisbane last night. How stupid was that. DS2 will not eat it so it will go off.

Ceejay - Plank position on x-rays well there is always something new. At least it wasn't a mammogram where the last person was 6'.6" and you have to be on tippy toes to reach the freezing cold glass thingy and then you are just about hanging around dangling from the squished boob. Brings a tear to the eyes that does.

Better go strike a blow for the project I guess.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:11 AM   #37  
Happy September

PATTY~ SENIORS IN THEIR BATHROOMS. BUT GLAD TO REPORT NO ONE WAS SERIOUSLY INJURED. THEY JUST CAN'T GET BACK UP. ARE YOU GROWING TOMATOES INSIDE OR OUT? I FORGET IF YOU HAVE A GARDEN.

JEANETTE~ DON'T YOU LOVE WHEN KIDS DO THESE LITTLE SKITS. I REMEMBER DOING THAT WITH MY BROTHER. THEY MUST HAVE BEEN ADORABLE. I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL AND RESTFUL VACATION. ENJOY IT AND RELAX.

SHAD~ GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK AND WILL KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED ALL GOES WELL FOR THE NEXT 2 WEEKS. THEY SHOULD HAVE USED EVERY AVAILABLE BUS WE OWNED (BEING A SMALL TOWN WE DON'T HAVE MANY AND THERE ARE INSURANCE ISSUES) MY MAINT MAN HAD TO WALK FROM UPTOWN DOWN HERE TO REPLACE A TENANTS DOOR KNOB! THE TRAFFIC WAS AT A STANDSTILL AND THAT WAS AFTER THE FIREWORKS WERE OVER!! THANKS GOD THE 4TH IS ONCE A YEAR AND NOT ALWAYS ON THE HUDSON!!!!! COME AND DO LOADS OF MY LAUNDRY!

GOOD MORNING CHICKS. A VERY CALM DAY AND NIGHT YESTERDAY. JUST SILLY QUESTIONS MOSTLY. BUT I'LL TAKE THAT AS OPPOSED TO EMERGENCIES! GOTTA GO DOWN LATER AND CHECK OUT THE OFFICE. I AM IN NO RUSH!! LOOKS LIKE A GORGEOUS WEEK. TEMP TODAY ONLY 65 THIS MORNING
HAPPY MONDAY/TUESDAY
Old 07-06-2009, 10:37 AM   #38  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Monday ladies -

The weekend turned out to be more quiet than planned, but still wonderful. I had a lovely nap yesterday afternoon outside on a chaise lounge listening to the birds. I was in the shade of one of our large maple trees, and there was a gentle breeze blowing. I'm having a bit of a creative block when trying to create my own website. I think I'm much too much of a perfectionist. I plan to go to the gym tonight after I run a few important errands. My doggie's just about out of insulin...so that takes top priority.

Shad - I hope your final two weeks in Sydney are productive, hassle/stress free and pleasant. I'm glad you enjoyed some relaxing in the sunshine like I did. I hope you get to take a bit of time off once this job is done to de-stress a bit. You've been through the wringer on the last two jobs.

Ceejay - Side plank for x-rays? I know I couldn't hold that position for very long. Hope the tests come out a-ok!

Patty - Glad you had a nice relaxing weekend. More tomatoes, huh? Yummy! Some of my plants are bearing fruit, but nothing ripe enough to pick yet.

Annie - Hope you're doing okay after your trip.

Happy - Did you get to enjoy a relaxing weekend and swim in the pool?

I've got to get back to work...lots to get done!

Love and hugs,
Old 07-06-2009, 10:41 AM   #39  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

I have read all the posts, but have no energy to do personals. I am at my wits end with life. Had a car accident on way back from St. Louis. A jerk didn't see me in his blind spot, changed lanes rapidly between me and a semi. I rear ended him, so yes, it is my fault. What a bunch of crap. 500 deductible. My car is driveable, but wibbly. I am ok, and I am spending today feeling pathetic and depressed. Yes I know all my blessings, but they will have to wait, my head hurts (stressed and tension) and I am ready to jump.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:31 AM   #40  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - It makes no sense to me how when someone is driving crazy they aren't at fault for the accident. I'm sorry your head hurts and that you're so stressed out. Hang in there, girlfriend, and don't jump. You've got a lot of great things going on in your life...you weren't hurt in the accident, you've got a great guy who will hopefully be back from Vegas soon, and you've got a great job and generous boss who appreciates your work, and you've got wonderful kids!! Take a deep breath (or two) and think of all the things that make you smile.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:01 PM   #41  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Thanks Chelle, my brother said the same things and he gave me to 4pm to feel sorry for myself today, then he is going to kick my arse. Tony is back, he got back Saturday night late. I called him after the accident, he came over and spent the evening with me while I was a blubbering idiot.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:30 PM   #42  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - You've got such an awesome guy in Tony! And a brilliant brother (since he said the same stuff as me - LOL). 4pm today huh? Okay. So 2-1/2 hours left and then I'll either give you a virtual kick in the arse or pick you up by the bootstraps or somethin' like that.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:32 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
((hugs))) Glad you are not hurt.

Michelle
Ahhh! A nap under the tree. Sounds like a winner to me.

Mel
Hope things are back to normal.

I've had a busy day at work.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:47 PM   #44  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all,
Annie - sorry you are having such a rotten time of it. It always beats me how the guy changing lanes can not be responsible for at least some of the accident. How ridiculous. He should be taking responsibility for his own actions. Hope you have now picked yourself up and can get on with the rest of the day/ night etc.

Michelle - you should have your e-mails by now. Hope they worked. Sounds nice - sitting under the trees and listening to nature. Hope you get the doggies medicine all sorted. Gotta love our furry friends.

Ceejay - good to have a busy day. At least it keeps the boredom away. I'm sort of strung at the moment since I have more or less finished on course but the idiots upstairs are still dithering on the other. Still too bad if it is not finished and I am gone before they get their act together.

Mel - Just gotta love those after fireworks jams - can't imagine how bad that could be in your little town with fairly narrow streets and plenty of distractions. I remember sitting in a traffic jam in Townsville some years back thinking how stupid it was - because Townsville doesn't have that many people, but they were all lodged in a small space and I'm sure they must have come one to a car. It took hours to get home - and that was mainly because the police on traffic duty had little idea of how to go about it. Still we did get there safe and sound.

Right better get back into it. Today is Tuesday. Finish Friday week. No more extensions for this little black duck. I'm right over Sydney.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:37 AM   #45  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Evenin' chicks, and a good afternoon to you Shad.

So sorry to hear about your accident Annie. Just what you needed - more money flying out the window Half the people on the road don't know the first thing about driving and then when they cause an accident, YOU get the blame. Oof-duh!!!! I hope you and the car will be ok. zip, zip, zip - magic dust - no more bad stuff headed your way!

Heads down Shad, the sooner you finish, the sooner you can get out.

Countdown to vacation Ceejay - getting excited? They do seem to put you in strange positions for the bone density to get the hips lined up right. Guess we don't really look like Halloween skeletons after all!

Mel I can only imagine the mess around your place after the fireworks. Gridlock and hot, dumb people. Good that you were tucked safe and sound.

Michelle - your description of sitting on the lounge in the breeze sounded soooo heavenly. Ahhh. Hope you got some inspiration for your website. Sometimes doing stuff for us is way harder than clients.

Patty - I raised a bowl of watermelon chunks in your honor tonight. Yay for Lycopene! And strawberries and blueberries are power foods so eat away. Yum yum.

My mom is loving her new cell phone. She's like a kid with a toy. They really did a good design on this one. She found it even has a magnifying glass of sorts - good for reading menus. There's some things going on in the background here at home too - keeping me focused on other stuff. DH and I have been talking alot - we have gotten away from our lean meats and fresh vegetables and fruits. Ugh the bloat. Going to turn that around starting tomorrow at breakfast. But first I sleep.

See you tomorrow.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote