Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2002, 02:49 PM   #16  

Hi Everyone!

Hope you're all feeling well. I am doing OK - though at the moment I'm going through my typical "goin on vacation" freak out in preparation for 2 weeks away (1 at the beach, 1 at DH's corporate apt at the beach). I hate forgetting things and we all know how are minds are operating right now.... Lists abound... Anyway...

I'm Losing.... I would try to maintain rather than lose and exercise within your limits. I too am overweight, have 7 weeks to go and have gained 12 lbs (after wanting to gain nothing). My dr. is happy, I've managed to keep going to the gym and I know that what I've gained will be gone almost immediately after I deliver. Think healthy food - no more than 1600 cals is what my dr. told me. Hard to do when the hungrys hit, but I've managed to follow a plan about 60% of the time (better than 0% with the 1st). I also plan to jump right back into a fitness regime once baby arrives (I sat around alot after my first and had a horrible post partum). I guess the best advice I can give is not to obsess...

Well to the rest of you - hang in there... I can't believe how fast the time is going by... Dreamer - looks like we need to get moving on our respective nurseries.... Still have done nothing and now it will wait til mid - August. Let's hope the babies stay put until we're ready......

Happy Thursday - I'll ck in when I get back!!!

Absmom
edd 9-22-02
Old 08-01-2002, 12:28 AM   #17  

Hi all,
Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I have been feeling pretty irritable and anti-social lately, so not very good company for anyone. I go from feeling like I've been pregnant forever to having anxiety attacks about how soon she'll be here! I hope things are going well for everyone. We had a nice trip to Reno. The drive was very interesting, it took 17 hours and we stopped every 1 1/2-2 hours. Our room was great with a jacquzzi (sp?) in the room. I used it everyday! We also went swimming, kinda hard to be in a swimsuit, but it felt really nice to just relax!
I took the glucose tolerance test on Monday, and guess what... I have to go take the 3 hour test next week. The cut off point is 140, and I scored a 147! 7 lousy points! I hate getting blood drawn and now I have to go and have it done 4 times in 3 hours! But, on the bright side, my blood pressure is doing pretty good, it was 130/80, the dr said they don't worry about it until 140/90, so she was very pleased, and, now that I have a little understanding about what the numbers mean I asked how high my fluid was measuring and how big I was measuring. It turns out the my fluid is measuring at 17, which is considered the high side of normal, and I am measuring at 31 weeks, when I am only at 28. The dr I saw yesterday, assured me that all of this was normal, and nothing to worry about, as long as I didn't have any sudden increases in weight or size. Pretty different from what the last dr told me!
Well, I hope everyone is doing well.
Nicole and Katie
EDD 10/19/02
Old 08-01-2002, 09:35 PM   #18  

Thanks for the reply absmom...I've started eating 32 points on weight watchers which is about 5 points higher than I'm allowed and about 1,700 calories...I'm not hungry but I'm not full either...I figure this is better than the 3,000 I was probably consuming when I gained all this weight and I'm eating 5 servings of fruits/vegetables a day and no junk food...much healthier than my usual danish for breakfast, taco for lunch and ice cream for dinner. I'm also doing 1/2 hour on the treadmill so I'm trying...of course the awful morning sickness I always get hasn't kicked in yet...I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I go for an ultrasound next Thursday since I've had 3 miscarriages and I'm high risk...hopefully everything's okay because I'm excited about this baby. Talk to you soon.

Kim
edd 4/1/03
Old 08-02-2002, 02:56 PM   #19  

Angry

Sorry I have not been here in a while I had my baby girl July 18th and I am very tired. Also very happy. Happy for two reason one is i am glad it is over and two I lost 33 pounds from when I first got pregnant till now. I was told this happened because I am nursing. But I also was losing threw out the whole pregnancy. I think I gained a whole 3 pounds during the pregnancy. I am sorry for the bragging but I am just so proud of myself. Her name is Jessy, she weighed 7 lb 12.5 oz. and was 20 inches long. She was a month early and was consider preme(sp) even though she weighed mor than my full term child.
Old 08-08-2002, 01:39 AM   #20  

Hi all,
Congrats Judmom! I wonder how big she would have been if she'd made it full term! I'm very glad you are both doing well. I bet it is really nice to have her home, and congrats on the weightloss! That is awesome!

We are almost done with the nursery! We finally got our behinds in gear and got in there. We still need to get a dresser, and I still need to organize all the stuff my family keeps buying for us! But, the painting is done, the wallpaper boarder thing is done, and the crib and changing table are set up! We are both tired and I am very sore, but it is so nice to have it almost done! I think it is really starting to sink in to both of us that she will be here soon!
I took the glucose test on Mon, it really sucked! They make you drink so much of that stuff, a few times during that first hour I was really afraid I was going to lose it and have to come back and try again. Luckily I kept it down, and the numbers came back great! I don't have diabetes! I am really glad! I was getting kinda worried because of my weight, and all. But thankfully everything seems to be good. She has dropped some in the last few days, and I have really been having a lot of pressure on my pelvic bones. The dr said that is completely normal, and warned me it will probably get worse. It is making our morning walks a lot more difficult, but I know how important it is that we keep them up (as if the dogs would let us forget!)

Well, I hope everyone is doing great.
Nicole

Last edited by Nic251; 08-08-2002 at 01:50 AM.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:10 PM   #21  

Hi all, how is everyone doing? Is anyone actually still out there?

I had another appt yesterday, my blood pressure was down to normal again, it had been slowly creeping up on me, and I had actually lost 4 lbs! The dr thinks it is just water, which I am sure it is, but it sure felt great, since I had been steadily gaining, gaining, gaining! Since I am still measuring large, I get to go in for another Ultrasound early next week. They want to make sure she is not getting to big. I am looking forward to seeing how much she has grown! Other then that everything else is going well. I bought a really nice maternity support from Babies R Us, and it is great! It makes our walks so much more comfortable, and it even works nicely for housework! It helps alot with the pain in my pelvic bones.
We finally got the nursery done! It is really cute, but it was a lot of work, and boy was I sore afterwards! But it is so nice to go in there and have it all clean and pretty, and to see all the baby stuff we have so far. I am really getting excited! Sometimes I don't know how I'm going to wait another 10 weeks!

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing great.
Nicole
Closed Thread