Old 07-08-2009, 06:33 AM   #121  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

yay lindor good one you for both yr walk AND standing up to the huge arse chain store companies that rip us off.

Well no i havent been blood tested for swine flu as such (I originally went to my gp) but when went to give med cert to work for influenza and bronchitis they gave me the meds for it as a precaution. Work isnt taking any chances. Most health care workers are treated as such apparently. I have to stay home 72 hours. Its the coughing and not catching my breath in evening and wee hours of the morning that is wearing me out. I havent come into contact with anyone who as it that i am aware of and i didnt work down in the flu clinic when we had it open either. In saying that many people who have it dont know where they came into contact so..... Anyhow, I am not snorting or squealing like a piggy so no i dont think it swine flu.
7senuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:02 AM   #122  
~jus' being me~

Yay for your working out Lindor & Kel! I went for HALF my walk tonight, realised I was running late for my appointment and had to get a cab the rest of the way. heeeee

Bloody **** . . . Magda Schubanski weighs less than all of us!!! NOT FOR LONG!!!!!!!!!!!! She says on the new ad that she does 50 mins on the cross trainer!!! OMG! Something for me to work up to!

Von I hope you are feeling better soon!
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:52 PM   #123  
It's ME!

Magda Schubanski looks HOT in those ads! I also saw in one of The Boy's FHM mags that she was voted in Aussie's top 100 hottest women which I thought was very cool. And that was before she started on the Jenny Craig thing.

I went to the gym last night and did weights followed by a 30 minute run. Weighed myself and was very disappointed to see that the scales said 88.9 which is 20 grams up from last week.

I'm exercising like a demon and I know that I need to do something about my diet if I want to lose weight but I just can't get into the right frame of mind for counting points again.

Payday today so I'll be visiting the supermarket and will endeavour to buy better cuts of meat - more chicken, less sausages and mince.

My wisdom teef are playing up at the moment, the whole right side of my face is swollen and I feel like someone's punched me in the jaw. Off to the dentist this morning to see if he can refer me to an oral surgeon to get them pulled out.

LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:48 PM   #124  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

oh wisdom teeth out will certainly help your diet!!!! soup soup soup (and icecream and jelly) i try and avoid sausages as i cant afford to buy the ones with really good stuff in them

amy - wow 20kg GONE wowowowowowowowowowowowowowow wow

danni - SO funny you caught a cab for the rest of your walk - but you went on your walk so that rocks

vonni - didnt lukas's school get closed coz of swine flu?? did he know the person who had it? rest up and have soup (and share meatball recipe you texted me about - i will give it a go - i have made meat balls 3 times.... and hmmmm)

made some wild soup last night..... not sure what it is going to taste like, i DO know though i will have no friends by the end of this batch: garlic (heaps) celery, zucchini, cabbage, broccoli, curry powder and dried oregano i think thats it....hmmmmmm i am going to be so smelly in so many ways!

ani - does your body need some kind of kick start to start losing weight again? do you need to do a quick detox or something to get your juices moving?
smylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:54 PM   #125  
~jus' being me~

Kel - OMG you are uppppppppppppppppppppppp!

OMG I was halfway down Oxford St last night and was like . . . how far is this place?????? Not realising at Paddington all the street numbers change so I panicked and had to get a cab. But last night I REALLY felt the difference in a day with no workout. I missed it & the extra energy.

So I have packed my workout stuff

Have a good day all!
Old 07-08-2009, 05:56 PM   #126  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

Magda does look amazing doesnt she??? i just went on the jenny craig website to have a look..

vonni no coughing in the forum.... lol.... i hope you feel better soon....

Julia wisdom teeth are nasty things... mine have been bugging me for years.. they flair up and down.. and are only half way through the gum.. .. yuck.

RUN KEL RUN................ lol... good girl jemima...

kel magda has lost 20...

me i have lost more... heheheheh i was 135 kilos when i started so im getting closer to 30 lost

i tried to kill my daughter yesterday....

Cameron went to the movies with my mil.. so i took leah with a friend of mine and her son to a play cafe.
I got her what i thought would be "safe for her " a ham and cheese sandwich an orange juice and a banana.. ( kids meal ). i got myself and iced coffee. not thinking it would be covered in cream and so damn sweet ( left most of it ) ... anyway.. Leah ate her sandwich then.. i gave her the spoon and she ate the cream off my coffee ... not even 10 minutes later Leah is screaming..... she is way up the top in the tunnels... ( where there is very little airflow... ) and she has vomited up there .... she came down covered in vomit and a blood nose... i Changed her and we left ... another 5 minutes... she starts crying again..... "im all itchy she says... " so yup you guessed it shes now covered in the pricky hot allergy rash...and her little hands were blowing up .. so i ran up the chemist blew 20 on antihistamine and gave it too her... it was a gosh darned with sprinkles on top ham and cheese f*cking sandwich... and some cream why would there be f*cking preservatives in any of that?????????????? the food in this country is a gosh darned with sprinkles on top joke. It makes me so angry my child has to get so sick and why... becuase the f*cking government allows food companies to put poisoness chemical rubbish in our foods...

Last edited by amouse; 07-08-2009 at 06:03 PM.
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:34 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

I went and looked - Magda does look great. I worry though - once she's off Jenny Craig packaged food, will she regain it all? I don't know of any celebrity weight loss spokesperson that HASN'T regained it after stopping - have you seen Kirstie Alley lately? She regained 80lbs after stopping JC.

It's what keeps me moving towards the surgery - when I think I can lose it myself, I know I can... BUT I also know I'll probably regain it. Last time I lost weight I was SURE I would never gain it back, and then an injury and laziness, and bang - fatter than ever.

Last edited by pacman12; 07-08-2009 at 06:35 PM.
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:45 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Magda is getting paid to do Jenny Craig, and she has free access to a gym, free weekly sessions with a personal counsellor, free Jenny Craig food, plus a healthy cheque in the bank for being the current pin-up chick of JC - everyone would be able to lose weight in that environment.

The true test of weight loss isn't what happens in the first six months - it's where you are a couple of years down the track. I agree that Magda looks fantastic - but as you all know I have a deep suspicion of "the weight loss industry" that makes heaps of money from our excess fat, and our lack of self-belief in being able to get rid of it.

Kel I think the best detox for anyone's body is to eat healthy unprocessed food and to flush with water. All those detox programmes are really just fancy ways to make you drink heaps of water and flush stuff out - and I don't eat a lot of stuff with preservatives, so I don't see any value in spending money to do what I can do at home for free .

My main problem is finding how many calories to eat to fuel my body, while not leaving me hungry and physically weak - but not too many calories that I will put on weight. Here's what I did yesterday:

• Walked 10.6km in steel-capped boots;

• Lifted a total of 4,600kg - and by the end of it had muscle fatigue to the point where I could hardly lift a feather;

• Swept for more than 30 minutes;

• Walked up and down about 20 flights of stairs throughout the day.

How is it even possible to measure the calories I would burn throughout the day and be able to match that with the appropriate amount of food to eat.

Add to that the shift work I do - I never eat/sleep at the same time for two weeks in a row.

And I ate around 1900 calories and went to bed feeling hungry!

Beats me…

•
PerthChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:39 PM   #129  
~jus' being me~

Bloody **** Ani! What a day!!!

On Magda . . . I think she is around 80kg now. She looks so happy I hope she does keep it off.

I have lost weight doing JC too years ago . . . and all that all this yo yo-ing has lead me to believe is that you can lose weight doing ANYTHING if it makes sense for you. What I am trying to work out this time is how to keep it off - for good. Cos like you Gen, I honestly DID NOT think that I would ever gain so much weight back. I stayed between 70-73 for about 5 months, was really happy and comfortable and was not "dieting" in that time, not "counting" anything just gauging by how my clothes felt and the energy I had.

But life throws you some lemons plus a physical "reason" I cant lose weight as quickly as other people (PCOS) and I just ran with it and gave up. Its that which I am working on more than the food stuff now. My ability to just give up in the face of a lack of perceived perfection.

Which leads me back to the thing that keeps going round in my head . . . is the true way to be successful to 'count' and document what I eat for the rest of my life?? Who knows. For me I really dont think that is the way, or even that its about the food itself . . . its how to find ways to deal with my 'stuff' and to find ways to entertain myself that dont revolve around food.

And the journey continues

Cant wait to hit the gym tonight. A family thing for this weekend has been postponed too so am happy about that cos I am far more balanced with food and working out when I am not at my parentals!

Last edited by Madison; 07-08-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:00 PM   #130  
~jus' being me~

Ani, are you eating enough protein during the day? I find that a chicken boob usually keeps me fuller than these saladdy silly things I have been eating these days. And 1900 calories with that much physical exercise is probably not too high/
Old 07-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

A big problem in why I regained the weight is my "all or nothing" thinking. Once I blow a day, I think oh well, I may as well keep eating now. What's the point of going for a walk? Etc. That is one thing I am going to have to figure out even if I get the surgery.

I have an appt with a psychologist this weekend. My PCP referred me to someone in her practice, but she was a psychiatrist and she recommended this woman (and said that she has been HER therapist for 15 years!). Haha.. gotta love america sometimes... Anyhow. I thought it would be worth discussing the surgery as well as what's been going on with mum etc. I had better take a lot of tissues, I am SUCH a sook..

Ani, I wish you'd get a heart rate monitor and actually track your calorie expenditure. Even if you borrowed one from someone and got an idea (I know they can be expensive but some aren't that bad)...? Would be nice to be able to at least estimate what you need to be eating. If only I recalled that handy dandy site where I used to be able to work it out.
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:32 PM   #132  
~jus' being me~

I just came across one! Kinda lol

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/cal...alculator.htm#

Yup its that all or nothing mentality for me too Gen. Am working through it with my psychologist too. I see her tmro night - go me with my thriving social life in the therapists office at 6pm on a Friday.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:59 PM   #133  
It's ME!

Gen good luck with the head shrinker! I'm sure it will help you lots. I think they're great and I'd see one if I could afford it

Damn Ani, that's a physical day you describe! Do you take your physical measurements as well as weighing? May be worthwhile to see if your size is going up along with your weight ...

Oh poor kid Amy, that's terrible that she had such a reaction to something that as you say, shouldn't have any preservatives in it

I've had an interesting day today. Dentist has referred me to an oral surgeon so I've got that to look forward to next month

I was thinking about how frustrated I am at doing all this exercise and eating well and not losing any weight so I went to see the doctor and asked him about going on Reductil.

He established that basically I don't eat enough for it to be hugely helpful and then we had a 20 minute discussion where he essentially suggested that I eat no carbs at all for 2 weeks and then re-introduce carbs but less of them than what I'm eating now.

Interesting theory. He said that he used to weight 120kg and that he lost lots of weight that way and has kept it off. He said he's not advocating Atkins as such, just re-jigging my diet to give my body only what it needs to function.

So I'm going to do some research and will seriously consider giving it a go. The most important thing will be to figure out a good variety of stuff to eat.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:07 AM   #134  
~jus' being me~

I'm a fan of the low carb approach (interestingly it wasnt reintroducing carbs that made me gain so much weight). What kind of low carb/no carb plan did the doc suggest? What kind of foods etc? Would be happy to help with ideas etc if you would like some And if you do it Julia I will do it tooooooooooo

Last edited by Madison; 07-09-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:22 AM   #135  
It's ME!

He basically said that for the best results I should do 2 weeks with zero carbs then 8 weeks reintroducing them but mainly using fruit and veg. He said that this will get my body into fat burning mode.

I'm trying to find out what I can have for breakfast and for snacks. They're the two main things I'm wondering about at the moment.