3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Steel Magnolias #33 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/174908-steel-magnolias-33-a.html)

gma22 06-22-2009 11:11 AM

Steel Magnolias #33

Good morning to you all! I slept in this morning and am doing much better. The otc meds are working and so I figure another couple days and I should be right as rain.

I had weigh in this morning and am down another 2 lbs so that is 26 total! Jack is now down 16 and he is like a kid in a candy shop because some of his smaller clothes are fitting him again. He said he just told the driver on Thursday to give him the next size smaller work pants. He is almost halfway to goal!

Susan: We look forward to seeing all your work now! You have no excuse for not posting it! :) I am having hip pains somewhat but mine always happen when I lose weight. Seems like right in my upper thigh I lose a pocket of fat and the fat above it causes pain where the hollow is. I just have to get the upper fat off I guess! :D

Not much going on today. I am going to get upstairs in a couple minutes and clean the bathrooms as long as I don't start a coughing jag. I need to get a shower and get dressed too as half the day seems to be over already.

You all have a great day. Hope Jean and Bob are having a nice time with their family.

Faye

QuilterInVA 06-22-2009 01:16 PM

Good afternoon, ladies! a nice 78 degree day but cloudy and humid.

Faye, I have a pair of sandals that I think must be too flat. It seems when I wear them, I end up with this hip pain. At least that is all that I can think of that got it going again this time. I am so happy for both you and Jack for sticking with this and losing again. It is such a good feeling. I know when I was at my highest, I thought I felt fine - yeah, right. As I lost weight, I was amazed at how much better I felt. Same with eating, if I eat good foods, I feel a lot better than when I over indulge in snacks and carbs. I'm going to ask the doctor if there is a test for gluten sensitivity (not intolerance) because as soon as I cut wheat, my stomach gets flat and I drop a few pounds without trying. I eat cereal and bread occasionally and I get plenty of carbs from fruits and vegetables every day.

As soon as I get reasonably good with the camera, I'll put some of my quilts up so you can see them. I need to practice so I can take pictures on my trip.

Maggie - Hope everything is good with you,

Jean - How's MN this year? I know you are missing your sister.

This week I have nothing to do in the evening. I'll enjoy it. I have my PIF breathing test of Friday and I am anxious to see if I have improved since I've had Spiriva added to my medications.

Enjoy you day!

sindy9001 06-23-2009 02:02 AM

Have a nice day too! I am at home to help my mother do some housework.I am down 3 lbs. That's great news to me.

gma22 06-23-2009 07:27 AM

Good morning everyone! Hope your day is starting out well. I coughed my head off yesterday so didn't get a thing done so I am going to tackle upstairs first thing this morning.

I didn't tell you but I talked to my dd and ask her if it would be ok for me to come over a couple days a week and use their pool to workout in and then maybe if they at least open up here at the condos on the weekend, I can get 4 days of laps in. It was over a 100 here in places and way too hot even in the early mornings now to walk outside. I can do the treadmill but I do better walking outside I think. If I am away from home, I have to walk to get back home and if I am on a treadmill I can just stop and get off so I am better walking somewhere away from home. I may add in a day at the mall walking here and there too.

Susan: I have problems with certain things too though mainly cravings so I avoid them. I have cut wayyyyy back on things with sugar and though I eat carbs I don't have as much as I used to that's for sure. I am eating more higher fiber cereal for breakfast in the mornings and I am thinking about eating 2 servings instead of one to carry me over better until lunch time. With my weight I still have a lot of points to use daily and would be better served doing that then having snacks or whatever to fill the void I think. I also think I am going to have like dry cheerios or things like that when I need a quick snack.

Sindy: Nice to see you!

Well, laundry, unloading the dishwasher and chores upstairs are calling my name. Have a good one all!
Faye

QuilterInVA 06-23-2009 10:06 AM

Good morning, ladies. Cool and cloudy. We had a storm during the night.

Sindy, congratulations on your weight loss. Housework burns lots of calories!

Faye, I hope you find a place to swim. I know you love the water and it is good exercise. If you eat a little protein and have snacks so you eat about every 3 hours, your metabolism will be improved and you will keep your blood sugar more stable. I eat 3 snacks almost every day.

Another boring day here, but I do have to get to work.

Maggie 06-23-2009 01:06 PM

Tuesday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS :wave:
It got up to 107 yesterday here in the steaming heartland. I stayed indoors for sure. Will is almost back to exact and I have a scratchy throat. I am sucking on cold-eeze that cuts a cold in half.;) Makes my coffee tast funny though. Not much else going on here except my glass works is going fine. The lady that we had the baby shower for last Saturday had her baby at 4 am this morning. I have talked to her on the phone and she and the baby are doing fine. Our friends from MN couldn't make it here after all for she hurt her back and they needed to get back home. Another time we will see them.

DONNA That would be great if she would let you use their pool. Right now I don't have any exercise equipment except my weights and rubber bands. I still walk inside round and round throught the living room and kitchen down the hall into my shop and then around in the bedroom and back again. I set the timer in the kitchen and am adding minutes slowly when I can do what I am doing easier. I would love to be able to swim. There is a pool here in town but full, I mean full of kids and so it isn't condusive for exercise. I loved it when I could swim laps in an olympic sized pool. CONGRTULATIONS:cheer3:on another couple pounds gone. You go girlfriend.

SUSAN Got your e-mail ~ thanks. I am looking forward to your posting pictures of your quilts. It is good when a person can find what works best for their program. You evidently have found that for look at you now and how far you have come down the road to thin.

SINDY:congrat: on your weight loss. I am happy you have posted for I don't belive we have met yet. Welcome back anytime.

JEAN Hope all is well with you.

GAIL And I think of you often and do hope all is well with you and yours.

Gotta go now.:wave: Type at y'all later

gma22 06-24-2009 09:34 AM

Good morning to you ladies. It is in the mid 80's already and we are supposed to have upper 90 temps for the next week at least so I imagine it is coming at you, Susan.

Maggie: I can do more in swimming laps and water aerobics, even by myself, in one hour than I can in a week of walking. I work harder and longer and am able to sustain myself so much better. That is why I love the pool so much. I rarely just fool around in the pool even if I go over with Jack. I like to swim so I am hoping they resolve this pool business and get our pool open all week soon.

Susan: I usually eat a good breakfast, then have a small snack, usually fruit, then lunch which is usually some WW or Lean Cuisine meal with fruit, then an afternoon snack, maybe pretzels with the ww cream cheese, or a ff pudding or a serving of dry cereal, then dinner, then a small snack in the early evening. I rarely eat after 7 pm.

Got the downstairs all nice and clean except I have to dust. I forgot to dust, guess because I hate to do it. I will get it finished then I have a nice clean house for the weekend. This is commissary shopping weekend and Thomas's birthday dinner is tomorrow night, besides my swimming tomorrow and Friday and I have to get hair color and puppy pads and my nails done on Friday before I go and swim. Busy weekend.

Thomas, Tom and Kelly leave for China on the 14th so Marty is coming to stay on Monday the 13th. They will be gone for two weeks so I hope he does ok again since it is longer. I am sure he will. He did absolutely fine here when they went to on the cruise. I know they have to be looking forward to it a lot. I will have to remind Thomas to find me a great magnet. He always brings me magnets from his travels. My fridge is full of Costa Rica, New York City, Mississippi when the went to the Gulf Shores and a couple Lucy ones he bought me.

You gal have a great day. I am keeping my head inside today and knitting. Faye

Maggie 06-24-2009 12:42 PM

Wednsday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS :wave:
UGH I feel like doing nothing. Not bad and not good just blah. I have two houes cut and wrapped in copper foil ready to solder together and don't have the gumption to get with it.

DONNA FAYE Sounds like you have your program tailored to suit you for it is definitely working. Thomas is a well traveled kid. He will have a lot to say when he gets back from China.

I am going to go now and see what I can get into. The house is cleaned up so I won't have to worry about that. Dishes are being washed in the washer. Maybe I'll put some bread in my machine and have a fresh loaf. Sounds like I will do that. I made cookies yesterday and ate one. The container is still full. Looks like Will is not pigging out on them. They are good also ~ chocolate chip made with Splenda.

Type at y'all later. :wave:

gma22 06-25-2009 07:36 AM

Good morning ladies! Just a quick one as I need to get going this morning. I am going over to Kelly's later this morning to swim so I need to get everything done as T's birthday dinner is tonight.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THOMAS! HE IS 9 YEARS OLD TODAY! His gift got here yesterday thank goodness. I was about to chew off my fake nails! :D

I talked to my sister in CA yesterday and her husband has found a good job but they have to move to Phoenix. I swear, if Jack were out of a job and found a good paying one, I would move to Jupiter if need be. She told me she and her husband got in a fight because she told him she didn't want to leave her kids and grandkids, she loved her job and loved CA. I guess she forgot about all the times she called or emailed me complaining about her job and the people she worked with and how expensive CA was to live in. Besides that, her dd, who is spoiled rotten, decided to go out of state for college and is going to school in AZ so if they move they can save $10000 and pay in state tuition instead of out of state. So sad that people can't find joy in the state they are in no matter what that might be.

Maggie: Yes, but I am still going through menopause I guess and my body decided to have issues this month so I guess I have gained water weight even with my diuretic because my scale shows a gain of 3 lbs and I have kept rigidly to WW all these weeks even when we went out to eat. Ahh well, maybe the rest of the week will at least put me even since I am starting swimming again. I am going to start with weights at home to and do them a couple times a week to build up strength and muscle mass.

Oh and I almost forgot. I got a note from the dr yesterday with my blood panel results. I imagine she fell on the floor as my last dr did when she saw the results considering my obesity. My overall cholesterol is 118!!!!! My triglyerides are 107 which is great, ldl 58 great, only thing is my hdl was about 5-10 pt low so she said exercise should improve that. I hope so as I don't want to have to take niacin like Jack. Hot flashes are bad enough without the stuff that happens to Jack happening on top of it.

Everyone have a good Thursday. Talk to you tomorrow.
Faye

QuilterInVA 06-25-2009 09:34 AM

Good morning, ladies! Faye's hot weather has arrived here. Ugh!

Yesterday morning I had to go to the dental lab to get a custom match to my teeth for my crowns. Dr. G is very picky. This afternoon I'll get the final crowns put on. Thank goodness. I'll be glad when that is over. Tomorrow morning I have my PFT test and in the afternoon I have a chiropractor appointment. Fun it is not.

Faye, glad you are swimming today. It's hard to believe Thomas is 9 already. Enjoy your dinner tonight.

Maggie, I get blah days, too. I can think of a dozen things to do but end up doing nothing.

I hope Jean is having a great time.

Well, I need to go to work. Have a good day!

Maggie 06-25-2009 01:51 PM

Thursday

GOOD EARLY AFTRNOON MAGNOLIAS :wave:
I am telling you I have never had a cold like this one. I just don't get sick enough to remember I guess. I have been sucking cold eeze and spraying with chloraseptic. I don't think my dose of this is nearly as bad as Will got though. He did end up going to the doctor and she gave him some meds. His left side of his head is taking the brunt of this. His eye is swolen, his nose on that side is plugged and his throat is swollen on that side. Weird. I am thinking I will be over this come Saturday.

DONNA FAYE Kids grow up so fast. Turnaroud and he will be in high school. That is the way the program works with me. I know I have had a good week and still show a gain. That is one of the reasons we need to keep our focus and not trip when that happens. Good to go on and stick with progrm. That is so nice you can use their pool.

SUSAN This is another blaw day for me. However on the blaw day I had yesterday I did get one of the houses soldered part way. Got the roof on and the porch roof on. Today I can finish it up by getting all the shutters on and the front porch and door knob then wash, stan and wax it. I might even start the other one. I just sit and vegitate and solder. I put some music on and and and.

JEAN & GAIL Hope what you do this day will go well with you.

Will is leaving now to go do his volunteer work at the cancer center. He is feeling so much better this day.

Type at y'all later :wave:

gma22 06-26-2009 07:47 AM

Good morning ladies! Boy, I am pooped! We had the birthday dinner, which takes about 3 hours but was lots of fun. We got home around 10 PM but then around 11 I realized I had forgotten to renew my Sirius subscription for the car and it expired today. I couldn't renew online for some reason so I had to call and spent half an hour trying to renew it but they had some kind of computer glitch and it wouldn't take but 15 of my credit card numbers so he couldn't finish the renewal. By this time it was close to midnight. I finished watching Burn Notice, which I had missed at it's regular time because of the dinner so I didn't get into bed until after midnight. In the meantime, Jack had gotten up to go to the bathroom and then was laying in bed talking. All in all, I have had about 2 hours of sleep.

Busy day today. I have to take Fortune to the groomers, get the car washed, get my nails done and pick up a couple things at Walmart then head over to Kelly's to swim and come back home and make dinner for Jack when he gets home.

We had a fun time last night. The only thing bad was when you have a party the size of ours, (7) they put you at a table where the fondue pots are a little out of your reach and you end up having to stand up and down to dip your stuff in the cheese or to cook your meat. The salad was delicious with a burgundy shallot vinaigrette. Jack and I got an entree for two that had cubes of chicken, duck, beef and pork tenderloin, veggie pot stickers and then 4 shrimp. It was huge. We probably left half the meat. I ate all my salad and had some of the cheese fondue so by the time we got to the meat and toppings I was pretty full. They also provide a variety of veggies you can put into the cooking stock where you cook the meat cubes. Then there came the dessert! I had a couple tiny cubes of brownie dipped in milk chocolate and a couple pieces of fruit dipped in a combo of dark and white chocolate. Thomas was thrilled with his present. He was sitting across from us and he opened one end of the package and saw what it said and his eyes got big and his dad said that maybe the box didn't hold what he thought it did to tease him. His parents got him a Kindle if any of you have heard of it. I saw it on Amazon when I order his DSI and it is one cool gadget. So all in all, we had a great time.

I got a wonderful workout in the pool yesterday and I imagine Thomas will join me today. I told him to watch for my car then to come over and swim. They have a pool skimmer and it was like fighting some big snake or something as I was swimming laps but I did 20 laps, 30 aerobic and 30 pull ups on their diving board. That was better than any weights let me tell you.

Susan: I read your post and giggled at your mentioning DR G being picky. You know that is the name of that medical examiner from Florida that does that show on tv. Morbid me laughed thinking about her putting whitener on dead people's teeth so they would look good! :^: We are going to reach 100 today with it being about 6-10 above that in heat index. Luckily, their swimming pool sits totally in shade so I won't get burned. The water is just a little cool and great to swim in.

Maggie: I hope you get on the mend soon. I am stick occasionally coughing up stuff. If you need a good throat remedy, 1 TBL white vinegar, 1 TBL honey in a mug of hot water and you drink it. It may take several doses, but it does work, I have never had it fail.

Well gals, I have to get a move on as the day will be passing me by. Have a wonderful weekend!

Jean, we miss you and hope you are having a grand time!
Faye

Maggie 06-26-2009 03:07 PM

Finally Friday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS :wave:
I am getting better by small incriments. I did get both houses finished yesterday and can deliver them this coming Sunday. We got a nice letter from a gal out in CA where we used to be. She remembered we had worked with a gal that was a druggie and gave us an update. The gal did stay clean and went back to school. She enrolled in a Jr. collage and made excellent grades ~ all A's and one B and got the Best Student award among some other awards plus some scholorship money to help her continue her education. She is a shining example of how an addict can recover. I am so happy for her. Some day I can call her DR. for she is going to go on to law school and get her PhD. I love a success story especally when it is someone we have worked with to get her life back on track.

DONNA FAYE That is so good that you can use that pool. Now you can really get back to it. I am so happy for you. Love that kid. Isn't it fun for him to get presents and the excitement is so cool.

I am going to go now. :wave: Type at y'all later

QuilterInVA 06-26-2009 04:11 PM

Good afternoon, ladies! It's only 88 degrees on the thermometer but with the humidity and heat index its 94. It's like being in a sauna outside.

I had my PFT tests today. A couple of times you have to exhale as hard as you can for as long as you can and then some. I thought I was going to pass out. After that, she gave me oxygen and then did another round of tests and finally I had an albuterol treatment and then had to do the exhaling stuff again. I was rung out when I finished.

I had to don my plumber hat after that and put a new flapper on the toilet.

Then I had the chiropractor this afternoon. Don't have to go back for 3 weeks so that is good.

Faye, I like to watch Dr. G (the one that does the autopsies). Dentist G would take so long to do one, it's a good thing he decided to go into teeth. He's also on the school board in York County.

I'm glad you got to swim. It's wonderful exercise. It sounds like the dinner was a lot of fun.

Maggie, it's a wonderful feeling to be able to help someone else, especially when you make such a difference in her life.

Well, I'm going to have a sugar-free popscicle.

gma22 06-27-2009 04:56 AM

Good morning to you all! Boy I think everything but my eyelashes hurt this morning. I went to the pool after all my errands yesterday and Thomas was watching for me at his Nana's because he was there right after I got into the pool. He is a little fish I tell ya. He put on his goggles and started diving to the bottom of the pool getting leaves and stuff out as the skimmer wasn't going. I told him he should be a pearl diver and he looked at me and matter of factly said, "I have been able to do this since first grade!" (how could I have been so stupid? :lol::lol:) I started doing some laps and stuff and then he started swimming with me while we talked. I did 30 pull ups on the diving board (ten at a time inbetween other stuff) and I lost count of laps as I was talking to him. I also did other stuff in the pool aerobically while he jabbered at me about stuff like his cruise, school, scouts and whatnot. So this morning it all hurts as I didn't do cool down and stretch afterwards. The kinks will work out, but this ole lady is sore this morning and I have commissary to contend with.

Susan: It sounds like you had a tough run with the tests. I can't imagine breathing problems. Glad you are all done with it. Are you staying on all the same drugs now that you had the tests? I giggled at your comment about your dentist. At least he is thorough I guess. Can't you imagine him doing an autopsy and the body opening its eyes and saying, "Doc, can you hurry it up a little I have someplace to go...?" :lol::lol: Don't mind me, I have very base humor about death.

Maggie: That is so terrific. Like all of us with addictions though, she will have that monkey on her back the rest of her life. I am just glad she decided to at least "cage" the monkey so her life could improve. You would love my grandson. He is such a pip and like having twins. On one side you have this genius kid and on the other a regular impish 9 year old. For example, his eyes practically popped over his birthday gift, but then yesterday he and I were standing at the edge of the pool talking while I was doing some exercises and I asked him what he and my son did in Washington DC when they went off by themselves (his aunt and cousin road a train back to their hotel as Jackson needed to nap.) He tells me the whole story about them all being together and such then says that he and Jay went to lunch and talked equity. My brain kind of went klunk with "huh?" I thought for a second maybe he was mixing a word up with something else but then ask him, "Equity on what?" He proceeds to lay it all out about how his uncle was saying how his house has increased in value and blah, blah, blah about the finances of buying a house then we are back to the impish 9 year old telling me about his mom's trying to sit on the bottom of the ocean (sort of a passing requirement to snuba I guess) as she kept floating back up when they did snubaing on their cruise. (no, I didn't misspell. Snuba is where the tanks are kept on a raft or boat and you are connected to them by a hose versus a tank on your back) He is just the most wonderful kid to be around. I adore seeing him more. I look forward to swimming with him this summer. Better than fighting with the board to get them to open the pool then having to deal with riff raff from apartment complexes coming and trying to swim at our pool. He bought me the cutest green shell bracelet in Mexico and some Mexican vanilla I can't wait to try out.

We hadn't been able to coordinate getting together so he gave me my gift bag with Jay's Mother's day gift and theirs in it. Jay had a picture taken of both boys in Washington at some monument and put it in this cool souvenir frame from DC. Kelly bought me the other Knit Picks options set of the interchangeable bamboo knitting needles. I just love them. They are in these great swirly colors.

Well, I guess I need to put dishes away then I am going to knit on the throw for awhile. I am coming right along on it.

Have a great Saturday all! Faye