View Poll Results: What's the top motivation to diet/exercise?
Improved health 1 33.33%
Improved looks 1 33.33%
Change the way others percieve you 0 0%
Greater self confidence 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2002, 03:53 PM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Unhappy Defining Moments-Post partum P.S thread.

Right then,
Today I was looking through some photos, I don't havemy picture taken now, ever, and if anyone does manage to take a photo I try to get it back and destroy it.
Found a picture of myself taken maybe 5 or 6 years ago. I'm thin, no even better, I'm slim. I'm in jeand and a blue sweatshirt and I look great. No makeup, short hair. I have slim writsts, no double chin. I remember the jeans, no elastic at the waist and they were comfortable. Just 6 years ago at most. OK so lots has happened to me in that time, 2 kids and a run in with depression BUT if I tried it would take me maybe a year to get back there. If I tried.
And all the time in between would be better looking than now.
That's my moment for today, I'm putting the picture on the fridge door, and I'm going to remember how comfortable I felt then.
Geneve
Old 06-23-2002, 04:08 PM   #2  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I know I should say that I want to lose weight in order to improve my health. But if I'm going to be honest here...I hate the way I look and feel. My self confidence is not too bad and my health (other than being overweight of course) is good. I'm concerned of course that my health will take a big hit in the years to come if I don't start getting some of this flab off soon. To be honest though I just want to get into a pair of jeans again that I wore for about 5 minutes in high school because I was too fat even then.
Old 06-23-2002, 04:32 PM   #3  

I suppose I should have put an 'all of the above' box in. Looks matter so much though, don't they? Especially for women.
I'm coming back as a cat, they all look good!!!
Old 06-23-2002, 10:03 PM   #4  
bc

Even better yet a FAT cat!

Barb
Old 06-24-2002, 08:15 AM   #5  

No problem with motivation today, some skinny blonde at the gym was following me round repeatedly trying to point out how gorgeous she was. At one point I was wondering if she was going to ask me out
And my motivation is:No matter that I can do 150 abducters at 10, cycle uphill for 15 minutes, do 100 sit ups, row at the tougest setting at 34 strokes [per minute for 10-15 mintes plus 5 mintes stair climbing and numerous other petty tortures, all the time I look like this stupid women like that will be able to make me feel lousy just by being near me.
As I'm not allowed to kick her skinny butt out of the upstairs window, I'll settle for using her as todays motivation.
Geneve
Old 06-24-2002, 12:03 PM   #6  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I hauled out this pair of jeans that I wore for about 5 minutes in high school and I'm putting them downstairs near the fridge (on the pantry door in fact) and maybe that will keep my little hands out of the food I"m not supposed to eat.
Old 06-24-2002, 10:47 PM   #7  

Question breastfeeding and losing weight

I just posted a new thread somewhere, then I came across this thread and thought maybe I could get help here. I have a 6 1/2 month old baby (and a four year old). I'm still breastfeeding (reluctantly), but I need to lose about 35 more pounds left over from my first child. I've lost 12 in the last 8 weeks on Richard Simmons diet, but for the last 3 weeks I haven't seen the scales move. It's terribly depressing, and it's increasingly difficult to stick to my diet when I feel like the effort is wasted. I'm eating approx. 1600 calories a day (200 above Richard's suggested amount to help compensate for breastfeeding). I don't know if my body is hanging on to the weight because of breastfeeding, or if I'm eating too much or too little. Has anyone out there struggled with the same problem? Any advice?
Old 06-26-2002, 11:53 AM   #8  

Hi, I'm not an expert but I thought breastfeeding was supposed to encourage weight loss.I have heard it said your metabolism can slow down after having a baby, and as you know when you are dieting your body soon realises and starts to compensate by slowing your metabolic rate. I would imagine this effect would be stronger if you are breastfeeding.

My back is killing me today from carrying leo around so I'm going to focus on how much better I would feel if I wasn't carrying round 50lbs of fat as well!!!
Old 06-26-2002, 09:53 PM   #9  
A new Mom

I don't know... I've heard that breast feeding encourages weightloss, and I've also heard the opposite... I know that I've been losing and gaining the same 5# for the past 11 weeks. A friend who is studying to be a naturopathic dr told me that often when you stop breast feeding the weight melts off. I'm hoping that happens for me as I'm getting really tired of being this heavy. Of course I can't blame the pregnancy because I'm back to my prepregnancy weight. I'm just going to keep eating all my "rabbit food" as my dh refers to it (he doesn't eat salad) and trust that healthy portions of healthy foods will pay off for me in the long run.

Lara
Closed Thread