Old 07-12-2009, 06:21 PM   #121  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Cool success, dread and determination.....

Well, took my last pause on the sugar challenge on Saturday, but held strong on Sunday. I was very tempted but knew I had no pauses left and just didn't want to blow it. So, the unmentionables I bought, I simply (oh, right) took home and did NOT eat. Knowing I CAN eat them if I just wait (I like to picture a hand over my head and a voice commanding, "Wait, girl, wait!" like a person to a dog before it dives into the food bowl ).
The caffeine was good too. In fact, I think I had even less than usual. The fatigue is there but not as bad as before. I think too I have just become used to it.
Anyhow, I am dreading going in to the office today as I wrote a very pissed-off email to my immediate boss about the proceedings there and he will probably be reading that today. I don't regret writing it. I had to. I could not just sit there and let what they did go unmentioned. I absolutely hate the place but they have me between a rock and a hard place and if I protest too much they can screw me over. It's one of the reasons I took their redundancy plan. I knew I really had no choice. If I stayed, they would be after me soon and I would have had to take what they dished out mostly or tried to fight with a lawyer. I don't think I could have stood the stress. God, I hate it. Twenty-three years at the company and they will cut me off like I had never existed. Makes me feel real good.

Minimal Sugar 17 completed 3 pauses taken

Caffeine Cut (Round 2!) Day 3 completed 0 pauses taken
(completed first round July 10 with no pauses taken!!

Shad -- Yeah, I had a fun weekend I guess. It was a productive one. Rode both days and worked half a day on Saturday after I rode. Really counting the days here now. The 31st is my last day there. I sure hope something good is around the corner. I'm putting out feelers for something I can create on my own and I have an employment agency looking for me for something that would just pay the bills. My problem all along (if you can call it that) is that what I like to do and what I'm talented in and what pays well do not come together. I have suffered because I refuse to cut one of those elements out completely. I feel I have no choice. I cannot risk my mental and physical health any more than I do. Hope your situation is improving or that you're prepared to improve it as well. How is the work scene?

Jazzy -- Starting out again is tough but you must remember that no matter how many times you fall down, you MUST get up again. Eventually, you'll truly be able to STAY up. Go, girl!

diyana -- Where are you? Hope things are OK!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:10 PM   #122  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Red - I'm outa here on Friday and outa Sydney on Saturday and will have some downtime at home until I pick myself up and find something to do or something finds me. My cv is out there. I have a couple of spots to look at but quite frankly I don't really care at the moment.

So chin up. We will survive.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:31 AM   #123  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Sorry ladies, I have the hardest time checking in on the weekends. The weather this weekend was absolutely PERFECT. Warm and sunny, but not hot or humid! It was fabulous! DH and I went fishing both days. We didn't catch anything, but I just love being out on the boat, sitting back in the sunshine listening to and watching the birds and other critters.

So here's my results for the weekend:

Day 18 (Friday) - Journal AND stay within calorie/point range - DONE. 1 pause taken.
Day 19 (Saturday) - Journal AND stay within calorie/point range - DONE. 1 pause taken.
Day 20 (Sunday) - Journal AND stay within calorie/point range - DONE (barely). 1 pause taken.

Yay! Today will be day 21 for me, but I'm going to go another round with this one - I don't feel like it's a solid habit yet.

Jazzy - Good for you for doign so great on your challenges! Great idea to use this method for non-weight related goals! YGG!

Shad - Good for you for limiting your cookie intake to just one. Not sure I have that kind of self-restraint yet. I can hear the relief and enthusiasm in your posts as you talk about finishing up in Sydney.

Red - I had no idea you've been with the same company for so long. And they're treating you this badly? Sheesh! Over here, we always here about how Japanese companies are run so much better, are more loyal to their employees, etc. I consider myself lucky to work for a really good company. Good for you for avoiding the sugar. How wonderful that you were able to get out and ride both days!! Good for you for not being willing to sacrifice your health for work. I used to work long, long hours which took it's toll on my health, my weight and my relationships...it's so not worth it.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:44 PM   #124  
Never give up

Wink made it through another day...

Made it through another day. Even had bought more stuff on the way home but just put it aside and went to bed. That is major for me. I don't know if it's progress or just depression though....

Minimal Sugar 18 completed 3 pauses taken
Caffeine Cut (Round 2!) Day 4 completed 0 pauses taken

diyana -- Look at you. You're almost done on everything and you have only taken 1 pause each. Amazing!! You must be so proud of yourself!
Yeah, it sucks with the company but the days of Japanese companies being run well are over. And mine never was.
The bad economy has changed everything. Japanese temporary workers are being slashed. That said, non-Japanese were always treated....er....differently. There is a very bad atmosphere now. So much so, that I hope Tokyo doesn't get the Olympics...though I would love to see them.

Shad -- You too. Keep your chin up. Although you don't write much on this thread and I haven't even been lurking on your main one, I get the feeling that you are feeling pretty down. I hope you're not or that if you are things will be looking up for you soon.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:10 PM   #125  
Robicle Nesticlermatus

I hope it's okay if I hop on board.

Level 1
5 cups of water
Blog

Today is Day 1
I'm excited for this!!
Synesthetes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:27 PM   #126  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

1. Journal my food daily, every bite.-2 pauses allowed- 5 days completed
2. Drink 24 oz water-1 pause allowed- 8 days completed
3. No eating after 10:30 p.m.-3 pauses allowed-0
4. 1 fruit/1 vege minimum daily-3 pauses allowed-Day 4 completed

Thanks Red and everyone for your support! Everyone is doing great. This is a constant process and I can see it's working for all of us.
JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:36 PM   #127  

No snacking - 0 pause - Day 17 done
Portion control - 1 pauses - Day 18 done
1300 calorie limit - 0 pause Day 16 done
Water - 1 litre per day - 1 pause - Day 18 done.
50 Crunches - 0 pauses - Day 17 done.

Okay - so took a couple of pauses yesterday. I snacked and blew the portion control out of the window - which meant the calories went higher.

So pick myself up, start over from yesterday and behave today.

Fingers crossed for me for today. I'll tell you why later. Now I had better go find out whether my lovely Business person read up the next 47 pages of my manual on the train to work and whether he made any changes. At this rate we should be signed off on Thursday. Yehaa.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:07 PM   #128  
Robicle Nesticlermatus

Blog - Day 1 completed - 1 pause left
5 cups of water - Day 1 completed - 1 pause left
Old 07-14-2009, 02:01 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Hello Everyone!!! I'm back and ready to GO!!! I've maintained my weight for the last month, but I want to lose more...LOTS more!!!

My Challenge: (All seperate with 3 pauses)

-Only eat 1200 calories
-NO Fast Food
-Exercise Daily
-NO eating past 7pm
-Drink 5 or more glasses of water

WOW...this is going to be tough! But I need to get re-motivated. Summer months are busy for me, but no more excuses!!!

How's everyone doing????
Saramommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:39 AM   #130  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Back Saramommy and Welcome to Synesthetes.

You're doing great, Jazzy!

Shad - my fingers are definitely crossed for you

Red - I have a strong feeling that your next job, which you will get quickly, will be so much better and you'll feel appreciated.

I completed Day 21 of journaling and staying within points. Going to do another round of that...so today is day 1. Here are my goals for this time around:

Journal and Stay within points (3 pauses allowed)
Go to gym or walk at least 25 minutes per day (3 pauses allowed)
50 crunches per day (combination of regular crunches and reverse crunches) (3 pauses allowed)
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:52 AM   #131  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Thanks Diyana and Red. You too are doing great.

Welcome Synesthetis.

Sarasmommy, you sound so motivated. Welcome.

. Journal my food daily, every bite.-2 pauses allowed-6 days completed
2. Drink 24 oz water-1 pause allowed- 9 days completed
3. No eating after 10:30 p.m.-3 pauses allowed-0
4. 1 fruit/1 vege minimum daily-3 pauses allowed-Day 4 completed-1 pause
didn't eat my fruit

So when I pick up on #4 again, do I continue with Day 5 or Day 4 again?
JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 04:19 PM   #132  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi Y'all,

It took me a full 20 minutes to catch up on all the posts I've missed. Didn't feel like I could just jump in without knowing what's been going on in everyone's lives.

Although I haven''t been posting, today was actually day 21 on my fruit challenge. I have aced it with no pauses and now think I've actually made a good habit stick Thanks, Red, for the thread! I'm going to try a no sugar modified challenge, with 3 pauses, although it's scary for me to contemplate. I do usually want something with sugar after a meal, so I will allow myself under 100 cals of sugar (! unmentionable is 90 cals). So here's hoping!

Red - sounds like the decision you made to leave your company really really was a good one, seeing how they are behaving now! It must really hurt badly. I hope that you won't have any regrets about the choice you made, because to me it certainly seems like the right one!! Cheer up, honey! You are one strong woman and all you need to do is sweep the dust off your guns and blast that depression to kingdom come!

Shad - you're getting close to wrapping up all your challenges - no time for failure now! Heck, I'm jealous of your cold weather! I hate the $#$^& summer, and we are certainly deep in the throes of it now... do you do you 50 crunches in one sitting? <laying>

Michelle - don't you rock!! Can you send me some energy???

hi Peggy, Synesthetes and Saramommy!
miriam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:18 PM   #133  

No snacking - 0 pause - Day 18 done
Portion control - 1 pauses - Day 19 done
1300 calorie limit - 0 pause Day 17 done
Water - 1 litre per day - 1 pause - Day 19 done.
50 Crunches - 0 pauses - Day 18 done.

So a pretty good day yesterday - apart from the fact I seem to have caught a cold. No doubt a bit of something I picked up over the weekend. Anyway, it seems to have broken and I am sneezing, blowing and all the other yukky stuff that comes with a cold. It will get better - only 3 days of work and 1 of travel to go before I get home.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Haven't got time to acknowledge personals right now. I have to get this proof reading finished and signed off. Another day of harrassing the consultants.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:20 PM   #134  
Never give up

No time to write....just came in to tally another day.
Welcome, Synesthetes!

Minimal Sugar 19 completed 3 pauses taken
Caffeine Cut (Round 2!) Day 5 completed 0 pauses taken
Old 07-14-2009, 10:24 PM   #135  
Robicle Nesticlermatus

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Blog - Day 2 completed! - 0 pauses taken, 1 left
5 Cups of Water - Day 2 completed - 0 pauses taken, 1 left

Looks like you're all doing very well!