Old 08-31-2009, 04:28 PM   #376  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Thumbs up one more completed!!!!

Well, yesterday was a wash of a day, literally and figuratively. I stayed home all day expecting the winds and rain to get worse and they never did. The typhoon didn't make a direct hit on Tokyo. So, I never got to the gym, but I did practice the piano, much needed, with tomorrow a lesson.

I also, I must admit, binged on sugar and I am very unhappy about that. Must do something. Will see today.

Anyhow, the smoking challenge is done as well. Tonight, if I meet my old drinking buddies, I may be sorely tempted to do one or the other (drink or smoke) or both. I am very depressed these days, just see no light at the end of the tunnel and even things like riding and weight loss seem to have lost any meaning for me. I'm really in a bad way. All these changes are not helping for now. Keep pushing on, is all I know how to do, so I will...

No eating after (around) 6 p.m. (exceptions for dinner dates, but no late eating)
Day 12 completed, 2 pauses taken

No alcohol (round 3, 1 pause on round 1, no pauses on round 2) --
Day 0 0 pauses taken

No smoking (round 2, 3 pauses on round 1) -- Day 21 completed 0 pauses taken -- SMOKING CHALLENGE COMPLETED!!! Hurrah to me!!!

Caffeine Cut (Round 4, 2 pauses on round 3) --
Day 6 completed 1 pauses taken

diyana -- Good to see you and thanks for the congratulations. Yes, I did it, a full three weeks without a sip. That makes six weeks with only one night out. I wish I could say I feel great and that my skin were better but neither is the case. I will say that it is nice knowing I will not feel too awful in the morning after a drinking session. As I wrote above, the temptation will be there tonight (if I go..I may not). Let's hope I don't think I need to "mark" anything with a toast.

Yes, I missed you over the weekend. Too bad you had to take a pause. I hope the nibbles were so big as to play havoc with your weight loss. Are you a member of some club, like Weight Watchers, or are you just doing this on your own? You speak of "weigh-ins" so I was wondering.

Well, good luck!

I've decided to try to get the sugar and the calories under control. I am so tired of sabotaging my hard work constantly. Why, oh why do I do this? I also think it is much easier to eat sugar calories than drink booze calories. If I could just learn to only eat VALUABLE calories, maybe I could make progress. I feel so happy thinking of eating sugar and then I keep going and going and I'm enjoying it but not really because as I'm doing it I am hating myself. What goes?
I guess this is classic addiction behavior. But I believe it's a mental addiction. Trying to fill a hole that can't be filled with food or drink and knowing that but not knowing what else to do.... why is life so hard?
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:03 PM   #377  
Never give up

Cool good and then not....

Wow, where is everyone?
I'm afraid I decided to break my no-drinking, no-smoking streak and went whole hog last night out with the old mates.
I feel pretty bad today. I am not going to do this again for quite a while. Fine. Enough said. Thus, the pause on liftoff.
However, I DID notch a sugar-free day and that is quite an accomplishment considering my recent mindset. All through the day I caught myself about to reach for sugar, but I just said no.
So, that's a new challenge. Wish me luck.

Hope we see some action around here.

No sugar -- Day 1 completed 0 pauses taken

No eating after (around) 6 p.m. -- Day 12 completed, 3 pauses taken

Day 0 1 pause taken

No smoking (round 2, 3 pauses on round 1) -- Day 0 completed 1 pause taken

Day 7 completed 1 pause taken
Old 09-02-2009, 03:32 AM   #378  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Sorry I haven't got back here. The days have gone a bit weird and it's been somewhat busy.

Haven't yet worked out the challenges as such. I think I might stick with the 4 I have been using for the next round. I'll have to add things as we go I think so.......

1300 (about) daily calorie limit
Exercise daily
Portion control
Water - 1 litre at least.
3 pause days for each.

Red - so you went off the rails for a day. I guess you will be back into it tomorrow again. We are here, just not always available - although I always read. Depends on how busy I get as to how much I get to write. So having done all that, its time to go back to stirring the meatballs.
Pity none of you are closer or you would be getting some of the produce from my garden which is going berserk at the moment.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:58 AM   #379  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Dang it, I posted yesterday but somehow it was lost.

Red - I'm glad the typhoon didn't directly hit Tokyo. When my dad and step-mom lived in Hong Kong many years ago, they said that typhoons could be fierce. Are they the same thing as hurricanes? There's a bad one of those barreling up the Mexican/Califonria coast. Here in WI, we have tornadoes and, of course, snow. So you binged on sugar on 8/31 and then went out and drank and smoked? You were doing so well on your challenges. Oh well, it's just a pause...but please don't let this be the start of backsliding. By feeling bad, your body is telling you that stuff isn't good for you. I sensed the depression in your post from 8/31. Riding has no meaning? Now you have me REALLY worried. You love your horse and your horse loves you. The kind of unconditional love we get from animals is so heartwarming and uplifting. As for your question of my club...I do Weight Watchers at Work and our weekly weigh in is on Thursdays during the lunch hour. Good for you for the sugar free day. I'm not sure I could do that. As Shad says, we are here, and I did actually post yesterday...of course, some how it got lost in cyberspace.

Shad - I'd love some of your produce and your meatballs. Wish I lived closer!

I walked for 1/2 hour at lunch yesterday, then went to the gym for 1/2 hour of cardio and 1/2 hour of weights. Because of my lungs, I kept the intensity down a bit. Of course now, my legs and back are saying I may have done too much. Why can't they tell me that at the time?

Next week, we're going away for Labor Day and my birthday, and it may be difficult to make healthy eating choices...but we should be getting A LOT of walking in.

Journal and Stay Within Points, 2 pauses left - Day 10 completed
Drink 55 ounces of water a day, 2 pauses left - Day 10 completed
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #380  
Never give up

Cool getting a handle again....

I was able to stay away from the sugar, though I had a lot of other junk yesterday. Still, it's a victory.
I have to get back being serious about the gym. It seems to be the only thing that actually makes a difference.
The other night I was able to wear a shirt I never have before because it just showed my fat too much and I actually got a compliment on it. Wow, I NEVER get compliments, especially lately. No one commented that I had lost weight though, so I was bummed. But, since they did comment on the shirt, which I couldn't have worn before, I guess there was something noticeable. That noticeable part is disappearing again, I fear.
Why do I hate to count calories so much? There has to be a better way.

No sugar -- Day 2 completed 0 pauses taken

No eating after (around) 6 p.m. -- Day 13 completed, 3 pauses taken

Day 1 completed 1 pause taken

No smoking (round 3, 3 pauses on round 1, no pauses on round 2) -- Day 1 completed 1 pause taken

Day 8 completed 1 pause taken

diyana, Shad, I have to run. Let me talk later...

Last edited by redballoon; 09-02-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:05 PM   #381  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Day one over and done with. Weigh in this morning was 81.1 which is a drop of 2.1 from the beginning of two challenges ago. It's not the greatest weightloss in town, but it is better than what I have been doing in recent times.

Can't see the loss yet, apart from the odd dimple in the fat! Mind you I think the chine and shoulders are losing. That's usually the first place I lose. Now to get back to the 70's

Gotta run. Running late for today already. I'll be back later
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:16 AM   #382  
Never give up

Thumbs up clear on all...

Site looked to have been down...I couldn't post. Now, no time to write. Here's the tally. Good day. Sugar was hard. Out of the habit. But, did it.
I also had to walk all over town to find some caffeine-free beans. Finally got some, so I can have some decent coffee tomorrow morning. Yum. I was making a full pot on one lousy scoop of regular. It was like drinking weak tea.

No sugar -- Day 3 completed 0 pauses taken

No eating after (around) 6 p.m. -- Day 14 completed, 3 pauses taken

Day 2 completed 1 pause taken

No smoking (round 3, 3 pauses on round 1, no pauses on round 2) -- Day 2 completed 1 pause taken

Day 9 completed 1 pause taken
Old 09-03-2009, 09:10 AM   #383  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I weighed myself this morning in advance of my official WW weigh in at lunch time. I'm kind of expecting to be the same weight or have gained a little. We'll see. I was so exhausted yesterday, I just needed to rest...so no gym or walking for me. But tonight, I've got an appointment with my coach/trainer...so I'll go to the gym for cardio, weights and to meet with him. I ordered a couple pairs of pants in Misses sizes...a 16 Misses and a 14 Misses. And even though now, I'm a 16 Womans I know that's not the same as a 16 Misses. They were on sale and I figure I'll get down there sooner or later - hopefully sooner!

I am way excited! This weekend is Labor Day weekend here in the States. And in addition to having Monday off, my company is closing down tomorrow afternoon, so we get an extra 1/2 day. AND my DH and I are taking Tuesday and Wednesday (my birthday) off, so we have a very nice LONG weekend!! We are going out of town to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (which is attached to Northern Wisconsin). We leave on Sunday morning and come home on Wednesday! We found a great place to stay that is okay with us bringing our doggies and it's very reasonably priced! I can't wait! Since we're going to a place that's even less populated than the country town we live in, I'm not sure what our eating out options will be. We do have a small frig, microwave and stove in the cabin. I'll make the best possible food choices, making sure to have lots of fruits and veggies for snacks, and drink LOTS of water. And I know we'll be getting A LOT of walking in and some "weight lifting" as we plan to do some serious rock collecting while we're up there. I'm sooo looking forward to this!!

Journal and Stay Within Points, 2 pauses left - Day 11 completed
Drink 55 ounces of water a day, 2 pauses left - Day 11 completed

Red - Congrats on wearing a shirt you haven't been able to wear before AND getting complimented on it! That's wonderful! Sometimes, people who don't know you're trying to lose weight don't dare comment on weight...so don't take that to heart. You're doing really well with your challenges! Keep up the great work!

Shad - Congrats on losing 2.1kg! YGG! That's wonderful!! My little bit of weight loss is showing up in my chins (there are fewer - LOL).
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:09 PM   #384  
Never give up

Cool clothes check day

Well, it's Friday and I had completely forgotten about it being my Clothes Check day. Here is the reading and last week's. I don't think there is much difference. I hadn't expected one, in light of the fact that this week has been...well, not the best. However, I have had a few days off sugar, which means some bloat will be down and I have been good about not eating late. In any case, it doesn't seem WORSE, which is GOOD.

CLOTHES CHECK Friday reading

THIS WEEK
Sept. 4
I don't think there is much difference from last week but I do think I can get them buttoned and zipped without having to necessarily pull the fat and skin above the waistline. I can't be sure there is a difference but I think there is a slight one. I still think they are in grave danger of breaking. Weight was 72.8, which is 400 gms higher than last week.
This was on a very empty stomach.

(LAST WEEK --Aug. 28)
I can get them buttoned but only by pulling all the fat above the top and even then they are in extreme danger of breaking (I would think). This was done in the morning on an empty stomach. Weight was 72.4.

diyana -- I am thrilled that you are thrilled. It certainly sounds like a much-needed vacation for you. Wow, Labor Day already. Brings back memories, mostly of having to head back to school. I didn't hate it as there was still nothing to do. Here the school year starts in April, by the way, so there is none of that to remind me. There is a summer vacation, but the kids aren't changing school years.

Well, that was an irrelevant tangent....yes, diyana it sounds like you're doing well, thinking ahead of how you can make your vacation NOT sabotage your weight loss. Good for you.

Being able to wear the shirt was nice. I really wish people would comment on my weight. Most older Japanese men will, and I am glad for it, even if it is painful and annoying at times. I NEED to be reminded to stop porking up. But, these were youngish Brits and yeah, I guess they wouldn't say much. The one guy was proud of losing his beer gut and I was very complimentary about it, but the others weren't. They may not have noticed or, more likely, didn't care. The other guy, who certainly had noticed, was probably quiet because he is concerned about his own burgeoning gut. I've noticed that guys say less because they are actually really self-conscious about themselves, whereas women are more used to diets and such and can talk about it. I find that guys only talk when they are really losing quickly (usually leading up to a massive rebound).

And my sugar bingeing was inexcusable, but the night out was a conscious decision on my part. For my last post prior to that I wasn't sure, but sometime during the day I just decided to have some fun. Sitting in a bar (four of them actually) is NO fun when you have to drink tea or juice. I had had enough of the straight and narrow. I never intended (seriously) to give up alcohol totally. I think the smoking will peter out on its own. The drinking is too much of a social thing and I enjoy it. That said, it is no longer a habit and that is a HUGE difference. The days and months I have abstained from drinking over the past year have given me new habits, new insights and, in general, a freedom to choose, no matter where I go or whom I hang out with. That is major change for me.

diyana, have a great time out on the peninsula. I hope the weather is perfect! And goodbye, chins, eh?!!

Shad -- Was it a drop of kilos? If so, wow! You ARE losing weight. You're so understated, I can never tell what you're doing. In any case, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
And yes, my night out was just a blip. I'm back doing what I had been for the past month. Here's to another spurt of good stuff.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:35 PM   #385  
Never give up

Exclamation new thread up!!!

Do NOT post here! The new thread is up!! Please click the link below and we'll see you there!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...ml#post2909209