Old 06-04-2009, 02:46 AM   #1  
Bringin' Sexy Back!

Default Always feeling tired and now having issues with my skin!

I dont know why, but I feel tired ALL the time.

I have a baby and job to take care of. I work 7 hours per day, 5 days a week. From 7.30am to 2.30pm. I have a 6 months old baby too.

Since I started dieting, I feel I have no energy whatsoever. At the end of the day, I lack of energy to put my baby to sleep. IMAGINE!!

I have also seen unexpected changes in my skin. My lips are VERY VERY dry. I have been putting vaseline on it for quite a bit now, and it is still dry and itchy, ahh and chopped. Also, my acne is bad. Not that bad, but my face is getting very very dry. Like my cheek and forehead. WHY? In one of my cheeks, pimples are visible now but arent popped out. IYKWIM! Forgot also to mention that my eyes are also kindda dry because they feel itchy?? and tired??

I have been thinking of getting my vitamins levels checked. you think this has something to do with what I have been dealing with? I read that Vit D is essential for the skin and avoids it from getting dry.

I am frustrated because I feel I am becoming a different person, and its affecting my self esteem.

Last edited by suzan; 06-04-2009 at 02:50 AM.
suzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

You're working full time and have a baby, it's understandable to be tired! What is your diet like? Are you getting enough sleep?
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Suzan - the skin issue may be from changing your eating habits with dieting. Are you drinking more water, eating healthier? If so, your body could be releasing its toxins which will at first cause your body to go out of wack and mess up your skin, BUT - it should eventually turn around and be BETTER than before. It should start to even "glow". Just a thought. As far as feeling tired, I definately think your lifestyle with a baby and job has something to do with it, but, if this just started when you started dieting, maybe your not on the right program (i.e.: I cant do the Atkins diet no matter what because I need my carbs, my body literally tries to shut down when I try to cut them back to extremes, now of course, I eat them with reason, like apples versus a big bagel). Anyway, try drinking an ice cold glass of water every couple of hours, not only will it speed up your metabolism but it will boost your energy level (at least for that hour). Also, are you incorporating any exercise? I know... I know... you are too tired to even lay your baby down, how the heck can you think of exercise, but - I can promise you, if you try to do at least 30-45 minutes of cardio into your routine 3 days a week at minimum, within a month you wil see a difference.

By the way, I can totally relate. I own my own home, am a single mommy of an energetic little girl and work a full time job, 40 hours a week, so Im not just feeding you lines that I cant relate to. If you can (if your hubby can watch the baby or you can drop her off at a babysitter), maybe you can do the gym? I do the gym every morning, 6 days a week at 6 a.m., I leave by 645 to get me and my daughter going for the day.

Sorry for babbling, I hope this helps. Good luck! Dont give up.

Last edited by luckylindy; 06-04-2009 at 08:15 AM.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:18 AM   #4  
Bringin' Sexy Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneleh View Post
You're working full time and have a baby, it's understandable to be tired! What is your diet like? Are you getting enough sleep?
Sometimes I do, others no. I think I should nap in the afternoons when baby is napping. Its just that there is so much to do so I just take advantage of when my baby is sleeping to finish things!

I should just put aside things and rest!
Old 06-07-2009, 01:24 AM   #5  
Bringin' Sexy Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylindy View Post
Suzan - the skin issue may be from changing your eating habits with dieting. Are you drinking more water, eating healthier? If so, your body could be releasing its toxins which will at first cause your body to go out of wack and mess up your skin, BUT - it should eventually turn around and be BETTER than before. It should start to even "glow". Just a thought. As far as feeling tired, I definately think your lifestyle with a baby and job has something to do with it, but, if this just started when you started dieting, maybe your not on the right program (i.e.: I cant do the Atkins diet no matter what because I need my carbs, my body literally tries to shut down when I try to cut them back to extremes, now of course, I eat them with reason, like apples versus a big bagel). Anyway, try drinking an ice cold glass of water every couple of hours, not only will it speed up your metabolism but it will boost your energy level (at least for that hour). Also, are you incorporating any exercise? I know... I know... you are too tired to even lay your baby down, how the heck can you think of exercise, but - I can promise you, if you try to do at least 30-45 minutes of cardio into your routine 3 days a week at minimum, within a month you wil see a difference.

By the way, I can totally relate. I own my own home, am a single mommy of an energetic little girl and work a full time job, 40 hours a week, so Im not just feeding you lines that I cant relate to. If you can (if your hubby can watch the baby or you can drop her off at a babysitter), maybe you can do the gym? I do the gym every morning, 6 days a week at 6 a.m., I leave by 645 to get me and my daughter going for the day.

Sorry for babbling, I hope this helps. Good luck! Dont give up.
Thanks!! You rock!! how old is ur baby? probably is easier when babies are older?? My son still cannot sit, so I am always after him, and its exhausting and beautiful at the same time!

But, its just tiring. I am able to stay at home with my son, but I refuse because I go crazy specially since we dont have any family members in here, and everyone I know works, so I would have to stay all by myself which it isnt healthy.

I have tried walking for a few days, but end up very tired. I got a multivitamin a few days ago and have been having a pill everyday. Also, I need to start napping daily, maybe I gain more energy out of that. I though that exercising should give me more energy, but it just makes me dead by the end of the day. I do admit not eating very well, but it is just the fact that I dont have time to plan well my week's meals, so I just pop in my house at lunch time, get a fillet from fridge and pop it in to cook it with few veggies. I do need to drink tons of water. I think its a sign that my skin is dry!!!

I have planned to get into a gym and hubby stays with our son. Probably will go a few days a week, just like you said. I do need to try, but if I cant, I just have to stop.! my son needs me more than exercising does.

Thanks for your advices!