Old 06-16-2009, 08:58 AM   #121  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY~ IF YOU SEE THE WICKED WITCH OF THE N ORTH, SOUTH, EAST OR WEST FLYING BY YOU'LL KNOW YOUR HOUSE MOVED TO KANSAS DURING THE NIGHT! ALL KIDDING AROUND....I AM GLAD YOU ARE ALL SAFE AND SOUND. SCARY STUFF

MICHELLE~ I FORGOT TO TELL YOU THAT I LIKE YOUR AVATAR. IF YOU HAPPEN TO FIND A SPARE SET OF GOOD WORKING EYES SEND THEM ALONG AS WELL....I AM PARTIAL TO BLUE YOUR ZOO TRIP SOUNDED GREAT. I USED TO LOVE GOING TO CHAIN STORES & FOOD STORES AND USE THEIR CARTS....I COULD WALK FOR HOURS!

ANNIE~ A SPACE HEATER? IS IT COLD AT WORK? NOTICE I HAVE NOT ASKED WHAT THE H E L L IS A HONK SHU!!!!
BUT I AM GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE ALL TOASTIE AND WARMED UP.

SHAD~ HOPE THE 2 PEOPLE STAY OUT OF YOUR WAY TILL THE SECURITY CHECK PAPERS ARE IN THE MAIL!! SORRY IT ALL SCREWY WITH THIS COMPANY ...I HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL AND THE JOB ENDS ON A GOOD NOTE

GOOD TUESDAY MORNING. HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A SUNFILLED DAY. OUR WEATHERMAN HAS SAID THUNDERSTORMS ON AND OFF FOR THE NEXT 10 DAYS MAYBE SOON SUMMER WILL BEGIN???? SUPPOSED TO START ON SUNDAY ALONG WITH FATHER'S DAY. I'M NOT HOLDING MY BREATH. ALL IS WELL HERE IN SMOG CITY AND QUIET TO BOOT. THE BOSS LADY IS BACK TODAY SO I AM RESTING. NOW IT'S ALL HER PROBLEM! :lol2: STAY WELL CHICKLETTES!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:04 AM   #122  
Happy September

MICHELLE....THE PEEPERS ARE MUCH BETTER ONCE I LIMIT MY PC TIME. THANKS...ALSO WHILE YOU ARE AT DIFFERENT DOCTORS...I WAS WONDERING IF YOU COULD ASK ABOUT A "TENS" UNIT? IT'S A SMALL PALM SIZED UNIT AND ELECTRODES GO TO YOUR BACK OR WHEREVER THE PAIN IS LOCATED. SUPPOSED TO BLOCK THE PAIN SIGNAL TO THE BRAIN. OFTEN USED FOR PINCHED NERVES...ESPECIALLY THE SCIATICA REGION. IT WORKED OK FOR ME FOR AWHILE BUT NTHIS DISORDER GOT TOO BAD FOR ANYTHING TO WORK RIGHT. GOOD LUCK
Old 06-16-2009, 09:32 AM   #123  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Mel - Glad to hear the eyes are doing better. Actually, I have a TENS unit, and I like it. Sometimes it's difficult to get the patches in the correct place, but when I do it really helps. My husband has one for his knee and when we found them on sale, we got another one - in case we both needed it at the same time. I even used to wear it at work occasionally a couple years ago, but then a couple times I accidentally brushed the knobs and cranked the thing up! That was a shocker (quite literally)! Thanks for reminding me of that option. I also have a hard lacrosse ball and stiff foam rolls that my PT gave me for self-massage, which also help. I've got the day to day pain down to a manageable level...but I still want to be able to walk for more than 10 minutes. That's my goal. 1/2 hour walking with no (or very little) pain. The funny thing is that shopping carts don't help my walking like pushing the wheelchair did. I guess the wheelchair handles are at a better height for me than shopping carts. But I will get better. I'm much better now than before...I just have to conquer the pain when walking or standing for long periods (like 15 minutes). Glad to hear you've passed all the office headaches on to the Boss Lady today! Wishing you a very relaxing day.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:32 AM   #124  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

MEL...a honk shu is a nap when you snore.....you know, hooooooonnnnnnnk, sssssshhhhuuuuuuu

Ms Chelle. The part alone is 215.00, the rest labor. You have to take part of the dash area off from inside the hood to replace it. No one wants to touch it in my family.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:37 AM   #125  
Creating a Healthier Me

Default 400 calorie meal ideas

I get a daily email from Prevention, and today's contained a link to a bunch of 400 calorie meal ideas. Most of them look very good, and some even include yummy indulgences! Here's the link:
http://www.prevention.com/400/

Annie - I wish I could wave a magic wand and $400 would appear in your wallet for the motor. Plus some in your checkbook for your roof. I'm still looking for that wand, I must've misplaced it somewhere. Someday I will find it, maybe if I ever get the house cleaned and organized.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:27 PM   #126  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Default Zicam Warning

I was hesitant to say anything before because I know some of your are lovin' your Zicam when you have a cold, but this was just announced by the FDA.

When someone recommended it earlier in the year, I did a little research on the Internet and came up with several different websites with comments from Zicam users, all complaining about a reduced sense of smell over time. (I don't think this happens after 1 dose).

So, use at your own risk...

WASHINGTON – Consumers should stop using Zicam Cold Remedy nasal gel and related products because they can permanently damage the sense of smell, federal health regulators said Tuesday.

The over-the-counter products contain zinc, an ingredient scientists say may damage nerves in the nose needed for smell. The other products affected by the Food and Drug Administration's announcement are adult and kid-size Zicam Cold Remedy Nasal Swabs.

The FDA says about 130 consumers have reported a loss of smell after using Zicam products since 1999.

"Loss of the sense of smell is potentially life threatening and may be permanent," said Dr. Charles Lee. "People without the sense of smell may not be able to detect life dangerous situations, such as gas leaks or something burning in the house."

The FDA said Zicam Cold Remedy was never formally approved because it is part of a small group of remedies that are not required to undergo federal review before launching. Known as homeopathic products, the formulations often contain herbs, minerals and flowers.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:47 PM   #127  
Choose your hard

ohhh Michelle - those recipes look wonderful. And I just ate lunch! I can recommend the yogurt and berries highly. I often eat that for breakfast LF vanilla yogurt, fresh berries, and I alternate between 2 tablespoons of Uncle Sam Flax Cereal (very crunchy) or some sliced almonds. Apple and peanut butter are great snacks too. Drop a couple of semi sweet mini chocolate chips in the peanut butter if you want a little chocolate in there. Thank you so much for sharing these! I love Prevention magazine.

Mel, I thought that I WAS the wicked witch of the south "Glenda gone bad" I'm sorry that your peepers are flapping again. Wish we had an audio version of the thread. We'd probably be banned for colorful language tho

Shad - did not understand the comment about your past sins coming to haunt you. Thought that meant you'd get the 2 guys that drove you up the wall rather than helping. Wasn't there one 2 years ago, lazy as could be that made you get the out?

Annie - sorry about the money woes. We never have enough money. Sometimes I would get frustrated because I'd put some savings aside and always, ALWAYS some crisis would come and suck up all the money. I once told DH it was worthless to save anything and we got in the biggest fight of the decade over that comment. Hope something comes your way cash wise.

Most days I love my co-workers. Some days not. Especially like today when they ask a question, you answer it and then they forgot to listen / and or / care. Just talking to hear themselves talk I guess. Oy.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:13 PM   #128  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hey ladies -

I'm going to the gym tonight after the doctor appt. And tomorrow, I'm going to the gym after work and then planning on joining WW after the gym. They have a good offer in my area where if you purchase a monthly pass (via their website), you get the second month free...so that's like 8 weeks for $40 - a great deal. And if I can get my doc to "prescribe" it, then I can get reimbursed with flex spending dollars - which I'm also using for acupuncture.

Happy - Thanks for the breakfast and snacking suggestions. Love your thoughts about an audio version of the thread.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:43 PM   #129  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

How exciting Chelle...sounds like a deal. go fo it.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:03 PM   #130  
Creating a Healthier Me

Yup. I'm excited. And I just bought a WW Food Companion book, Dining Out book and a two cookbooks for the new program off eBay for $28. Which is a lot cheaper than you can get them at the meetings. Can't wait for them to arrive.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:50 PM   #131  

Hello Ladies,

Not much going on... work, work, work. I did get up early this morning and worked out. Now i'm sore.

Annie - Ouch... i know how you feel. You should call back up to the shop and ask them if they have any specials going on? Sometimes when you ask they'll give you some little discount.. it's usually not much, but it all adds up.

Michellez - WTG for getting ahead of the game. Hope your books come in soon. I sometimes think i need to see someone different about my back. I've been going to the chiro for over 2 years. I do goo, but my hip shifts, or moves and my leg get short by, then the calves get sore.. I get an adjustment and i'm fine. The longest i've gone without an adjustment and felt good is 3 weeks. My chiro says it's the way i sit in chair, drive in car etc.

Happy - thanks for the update on Zicam. I hadn't heard the news lately.

Mel - the good news is the rain will wash away the smog.

Shad - Hope your day gets better.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:29 AM   #132  
Choose your hard

what a fabulous deal you got on the WW Michelle. Hope you get a good leader. WW Online (the one you have to pay for) has alot of great recipes too and I love their online points tracker.

Yep, I found out too that if your doc give you a written letter that you are obese, you can write off your WW fees against your health care reimbursement. BUT you can't do the same with your gym fees. Now does that make any sense? I didn't think so either.

I'm going to sleep now.

Shad - hope your day is going better. 'night to the rest of yahs.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:06 AM   #133  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Well it couldn't get much worse really.

I was in early and working away when I get three phone calls in a row to check that I have everything I need to put my reference check.
I did put it in, but I sent it encrypted (by me) and to the checking place. I requested a return receipt, not that it is necessary - they'll have to ring me for the password to open the document anyway. They haven't done so yet, hopefully it hasn't gone astray.

Just when I was getting grotty about that, the system went down and I lost all the stuff I had been doing - it didn't recover my files either. Then it just went down about every 2 or three minutes so I got hacked with that and copied everything to my harddrive and have been working on that.

Then the recruiter rang about something I haven't done for this #$%^& reference. So sack me! I don't have the time or the patience for this anymore. And I hung up on him. I don't think I will get any work out of this one again.

So yes the day is getting better. It's getting closer to going home time.

Anyway, I'd better get back to it. No personals today. I'll be back tomorrow.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:37 AM   #134  
Happy September

Just A Fast Note. I Read The Posts But Don't Feel Good. Will Be Back Tomorrow. Belly Ache Time.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:23 AM   #135  
Choose your hard

Mel, I think today is National Belly Ache day. I have one too. Started last night and got worse. I'll toast you a Pepto Bismal. Seriously, I know that can be trouble for you so I hope you feel better and don't spend the day at the porcelain palace.

Shad, sounds like you're having a doozy day too. All this for a refererence for a future job? Hate it that you lost your files. I'll toast you with the hard stuff

Crazy Mr. Cardinal is jumping up and attacking the front window again. He jumps up from the ground and bangs the window. Does that to my neighbors also. In that case he swoops from a tree and hits the second floor bedroom window. At first we thought it was because he saw his reflection and thought he was protecting his nest from an "intruder" but now, we just think he's crazy.

We're adding my Mom to our cell phone plan so that she can be more secure as her voice over IP phone goes out alot. Picked up a new cell phone for her yesterday. They made a cheap model for an 82 year old woman. Big numbers (for a cell phone) on the key pad. You can enlarge the display to show larger numbers and set the key pad to announce the number when you press it to dial. Big green button that says CALL and big red button that says END. Nice to see that the cell phone companies considered people at the other end of the spectrum for once.

Did you know that since the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) regulates cell phones that they have mandated that ALL cell phones must be able to call the emergency 911 number even IF they don't have a current service plan. Yep, that means your old phones in a drawer can still be used to dial 911 as long as they are charged up. In fact many organizations collect old cell phones and give them to seniors and disabled folks for just this reason. They suggest you stash an old phone with a car power adapter cord under the seat in the car (not in the glove box where it can get stolen). If you're ever in an emergency you can plug the phone in and call 911. Of course this is for life threatening emergencies only, you can't use it to call 911 for a tow truck if you break down. The only thing with these kinds of phones is that since you have no active service, the operator won't know your phone number and if you get disconnected, you will have to call back and obviously with no phone number they can't trace you and you will have to give them your location. Oh and only digital phones work, not the old, old analog phones. So that's my tip for the day.

Gotta run. Hellos to the chicks