Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 10:31 AM   #1  
Most boring housewife.

Default 48 years ago in a barn in PA...a cow is born!

It is my birthday. I am officially 420,774 hours old. I spent my morning doing an IQ test. I did remarkably well, when you consider that I am an underemployed person who is too old to have potential. All wasted. Do I hear a post-midlife crisis coming on?

http://www.emode.com/tests/uiq/autho.../uiq/index.jsp

I was so happy to hear from Letty. I have questions for her, too. I am glad they don't involve a belly button ring....I think that would hurt. DD's best bud just got hers done. It looks red and sore.

I am looking forward to a lovely day of service by those around me. I am working on a tan. I plan to move up to light pink today. I have a new float for the pool. I have not dropped my book into the pool yet.

That's it...you may now wish me happy, happies.
bye.
L
Old 06-18-2002, 01:05 PM   #2  
Member w/ messiest house

Default HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LUSCIOUS WOMAN!

That ought to be enough candles. Hope you thoroughly enjoy your birthday. Have a margie or two and see whether you drop your book into the pool then !

I have been out at a yard sale this morning - helping, not buying. Well, I bought a few things. It was for a good cause: our friends are moving and they have to get rid of everything that won't fit on a sailboat or in a storage unit. That's a lot of stuff.

Isn't it nice of Letty to come by? She does look a bit puffy with that extra pound, but I'm sure a situp will take of that.

DD is finally starting guitar lessons today. We have to drive 45 minutes each way for a 30 minute lesson. Is that nuts or what?

Kiwi
Old 06-18-2002, 02:09 PM   #3  
fatter than U

Talking wow wow wow

Happy Birthday you old ! I just realized you are fully 9 years older than I am. Hope I'm as smart as you in 9 years. Going to do the IQ test now.

Fridge is cleaned out. Pants still need to be hemmed. Friend of Mummy's is putting us up in her house just up the street from my parents'. She appears to have numerous houses and this one is for sale, so we have to keep it tidy in case the bossy real estate lady wants to tramp through.

It was 32 degrees celcius today. What's that in F? 95?????? Toooo darn hot for me. Chocolate is in the fridge.
Old 06-18-2002, 03:30 PM   #4  

Default Happy, happy

Birthday dearest Lushie, happy birthday to youuuuuu!!!!Geez, woman, you're even older than me! I'm catching up with you, though.
Old 06-18-2002, 05:05 PM   #5  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default happy cowday darling sissie

and please forgive me. I had remembered that you were born on Elvis's birthday which is in January. It was Paul's, right? Or John's? Or George's? Not Ringo's. I'm sure of that.

Herbie and I are going to celebrate your birthday by having a free dinner and listening *yawn* to an explanation of annuities.
Old 06-19-2002, 02:20 AM   #6  
The magic shrinking cow

It is Paul's birthday... but the impoortant birthday is our dear Lushie's! My dh's birthday was Saturday. We were not speaking to each other, though. It was awful. But we kissed and made up on Sunday. Those big, terrible fights only happen about once every three years.

I must go do my leg weight tape. I am so tired and sore from all this walking, swimming, and weight-tape-doing.

Lushie, I hope you got your day of service!
Old 06-19-2002, 09:11 AM   #7  
Most boring housewife.

Default search is on

There is a frog loose in my house. Where? who knows. It started in the family room, could have moved anywhere by now. Today my goal is to find it before I smell it.

My birthday was lovely. Better than Paul's, who I think made a mistake marrying that girl. His wedding was not tasteful.
Now that George is gone, everything is falling apart.

I have a backache. I'm sick of being dark and peri-menopausal. I feel I deserve menopause.

I have nothing else.
bye
L
Old 06-19-2002, 09:55 AM   #8  
fatter than U

Wink Our Paul

I took a close look at him the other day on tv and I think I'll take that back about him being the cutest. I heard that his kids think his new wife is a tart. She sorta looks like Linda to me. Not that Linda was a tart. I guess if Paul's happy, I'm happy.

Almost 4 p.m. Wednesday and I am making piles of things that I might possibly want to take with me. Can't seem to get the shoes down to less than seven pairs, as usual. Oh yeah, our sewage pipe was backed up today so dh, whose last day of work before vacation was yesterday, was in there in his rubber boots wallowing around in the h*dda trying to get things unblocked. Needless to say his mood is not good.

Cherry! Those mega fights always happen before important family events, don't they? Glad you made up so fast.
Old 06-19-2002, 10:01 AM   #9  
fatter than U

Default me again

Lush gets 5 points for spelling "loose" correctly in her frog post (check the inside of your computer. Remember that story?) but promptly loses them for claiming to be dark and menopausal when in fact she is in the bloom of youth.
Old 06-19-2002, 11:46 AM   #10  

Default The bloom of youth

I may not be in the bloom of youth, but my body is blooming into a chub again. I wonder why. I brought left over pizza for lunch, but I'm eating it for breakfast.

Don't forget we have clothes over here too, Sugar. You don't have to bring everything with you. Does your mom still take you clothes shopping when you come to visit? As a veteran of sewage wars, tell DH I sympathize with him. It always happens at the worst time. Sugar, have you made internet arrangements so that you are never out of touch with us while on vacation?

Peaches, er, I mean Lushie, last summer we had a wild frog in our house too. We could hear him ribbit at night. One night he hopped right in DH's face in the middle of the night. DH came flying out of bed, out of a dead sleep. We hunted the little critter down and humanely put him outside.

I have no opinion on Paul's tart. Tart. Geez. that makes me hungry.

Last edited by Wabby; 06-19-2002 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-19-2002, 01:20 PM   #11  
Member w/ messiest house

Default How odd

I just ate an oatmeal cream pie and now I'm hungry too. I wasn't hungry before; that's why I didn't bother eating an actual meal. I think there's a lesson in there somewhere. Pizza begets more pizza or something.

I'm glad I've never had a frog hopping around my house. Had a live bird a few times, several bats and a snake once. I didn't deal well with any of those. As a matter of fact, I stood paralyzed in the mud room just the other night yelling for DH to come do something with a giant spider. These things really freak me out -- their bodies are about an inch long and with their spotted legs they are 2-3" across.

When are you heading out, Sug?

Ta
Kiwi
Old 06-19-2002, 06:49 PM   #12  
fatter than U

Talking bye!

Leaving Thursday noon and yes, I have very carefully preserved this address so I can keep in touch. May have a small problem with Mummy's waterlogged computer, but I'm sure I can check in from somewhere. It's a civilized country after all.

Watch for cheesy postcards coming your way!

Old 06-19-2002, 07:01 PM   #13  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Cheesy postcards!!

How exciting! Have a great trip!

DH just told me he heard that the Dr. that did his nasal surgery died in a car accident today. Horrible. Reminded me of Wabbit's doctor. What a bizarre feeling.

I'm marinating chicken breasts for lemon-oregano grilled chicken salad. Mmmm. Everyone come on over for dinner!

Kiwi
Old 06-19-2002, 07:03 PM   #14  

Default Ooooh postcards!

Ah, Sugar, you know I love to get postcards. It's so exciting to get something in the mail besides bills.

Kiwi, when we first moved into the rickety old farm house here, a bird somehow got stuck down in one of the walls (don't ask me how he got there) and it freaked me out because you could hear him skittering up the wall, and then slide back down. I called DH at work and he came home and shot the shotgun through the wall, then tore a hole in the drywall and pulled out a very dead bird. We started remodeling that room the next week.

After eating pizza for breakfast, my mom came by and took me out for a rueben sandwich for lunch. I'm a porker. Somehow I've got to get myself back on the wagon. And I don't mean the chuck wagon.
Old 06-19-2002, 11:14 PM   #15  
Most boring housewife.

Default Sticky is back home

John found Sticky hopping happily in the family room this morning. It was a joyous reunion between Sticky and Fred....Sticky's "life partner."
Sugar, have a great trip....enjoy shopping trips with Mummy....don't forget to write Steve, just in case he can pop up the coast for a visit. It would give us something to talk about.
I'm tired but I have to stay up for DD to arrive home from Maryland. Yawn already.
Isn't summer great? I don't have to get up if I don't want to .
Closed Thread