The Gabriel method

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • OK -- let's get this thing going again
    Hello! I'm so happy to see some people have posted and would love to use this thread as a support group, even if not really restricted to the Gabriel method. I think he's got a lot of useful ideas but I don't think we need to buy into the whole package to benefit from them. I'm a big believer in the power of meditation and visualization.

Would you be open to making this thread "loosely-based" -- or, conversely, to starting a new group with a theme yet to be determined?

I hope so!
  • So Far So Good
    I have lost 8 lbs since I started with the Gabriel Method, 12 days ago.

I have been listening to the visualizations at night, and have watched some of the videos (visual version of the book) but not on a daily basis.

I have realized how much I was obsessing about food, either when dieting or not dieting, and have made an effort to stop worrying about it: clearly, that was not doing me any good. Still dieting, still overweight, still either gaining, or just maintaining, at best.

Now I don't think that much about it, other than consciously avoiding sugar, but not weighing or measuring or counting points or calories, and I find that I am not thinking about what I can't have, or what I want but shouldn't eat... and I am not overeating. I can only speculate that my body is letting go of what it's been holding onto, in starvation mode.

I thought about keeping track of what I was eating, just so I could see the difference, but it felt like I was concentrating on calories and portions and fat content and sugar too much, and that's what I am trying to get away from.

I will have to let my weight, and my jeans size, do the talking.
  • Wow! Eight pounds in such a short time is amazing -- nice start! I think I'm going to start a thread for a more general holistic health-based approach, but the Gabriel method can be a very helpful tool.
  • I was just curious if any of you are still doing the Gabriel Method or anyone else on this message board and what kind of results you are seeing?
  • Quote: I was just curious if any of you are still doing the Gabriel Method or anyone else on this message board and what kind of results you are seeing?
    Hi! I am doing it now and love it. I officially started about 3 mo. Ago. I had already lost 73 pounds on my own, now I'm down 97. The thing is though, I'd pretty mush been on it since last Oct. And didn't I was until a friend gave me his book. Glad I'd already kicked sugar 1st and already done the emtional healing I needed.
  • Reading the book again!!
    Ive read the book once and tried doing the activities he sets out but my weight didnt change. I know what he says makes sense so im reading it again and starting from the beginning. I must be missing something as i havnt lost an ounce infact i feel a bit heavier!! And i struggle to visualise myself being at my ideal body weight let alone feel like im already there...anyone had this problem? Thanks Louise (with a naughty toy terrier called sheila)