Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2002, 09:09 AM   #16  
bc

I have heard many people complain about taking weight off with a diet and then gaining it all back and then some. I haven't really dieted in my life (thus the great size) but when I do follow a plan like WW I find I have to obsess about food. I guess that is part of the territory. In the past I either watched what I ate or worked out quite a bit. Two summers ago (when I had decided to lose weight) I combined the two. Of course I became pregnant in there so I had to stop. Really I wanted to continue even then but EVERYONE seemed to say I should stop. Shame cause I am now even larger.

Today is the last day of school. My oldest took some lotions and soaps in for his teachers. He seemed so thrilled with the idea. He custom picked the scents for each one. My kids do seem to like the scents, and they have definate likes and dislikes. I guess one of the perks of making this stuff is we always have nice presents for people.

It is so hot once again today I think I will have no problem getting lots of water in. I sit here with a tall glass of ice water instead of coffee. I still need to make the coffee, but the water is very nice and tastes perfect. I am so glad we got the big freezer because now I can keep lots of ice in the house.

Have a good day folks!

Barb
Old 06-26-2002, 01:18 PM   #17  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi, Well it's actually hot here too. It doesn't happen often so I'm making the most of it and spending time in the garden.
Leo wants you to be next to him all the time, and lots of carrying which is hurting my back. I'll be glad to go on holiday next week and have a few extra hands to help. If you want to see where I'm going check out www.winscombecourt.co.uk. I bet it won't look like that by the time we leave!
Had some friends over for dinner last night, and to my horror found out we had finished off 5 bottles of wine..as well as the food. I put in an extra effort at the gym but I fear the worst.
oooh to be skiiny now that summer is here. Mind you, if I tried I could be in time for next summer. Motivation I have, now where has my willpower gone?
Old 06-26-2002, 02:26 PM   #18  
bc

Geneve, your link didn't work for me.

I have found the secret to loosing weight! Just sit in the heat and you don't FEEL like eating. Unfortunatly it doesn't affect my children the same way. I think I spent most of the day feeding them, and most of it was exasperated, "Ok, You can have a cookie"

Isabelle is napping and the boys are in the basement watching a video. All is calm and right with the world.........at least until John gets home.

Barb (sucking down the ice water and drinking diet cokes with LOTS of ice.........I love our new freezer!)
Old 06-28-2002, 10:04 AM   #19  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Drake has been a major grouch for the past 3 days. tuesday I was bawling my face off by late afternoon because I was ready to lose it. When he has started teething before it hasn't last this long or been this bad. I'm hoping the worst is over though as he went for a nap at the usual time unlike the past few days when he was all over for his naps, when he would take them. I've managed to keep my eating in check. I was this close to buying a DQ blizzard yesterday at the mall but go lo fat popcorn instead. I just isn't the same though!
Old 07-03-2002, 09:04 PM   #20  
Jen

Hallo, I guess I am talking to myself

Well just in case anyone pops in...Drake and I are going for baby swimming lessons week after next. Should be loads of fun. I haven't been in a pool in ages. Had to buy a new swim suit. Actually managed to fit into a size 18, that really made my day.

So what's new with all the mommies out there?
Old 07-03-2002, 10:46 PM   #21  
bc

Jen, I am here I am reading all of the posts. I just didn't have much to say myself.

I am still dying in the heat. I wonder do you folks think the heat affects us more when we are heavy? I remember always not liking the heat (or really humidity) but these past few years I just don't want to move because I sweat so much.

Swimming lessons sound nice. I haven't signed Isabelle up for anything like that, because honestly I would have to go in the pool myself. I just hate the thought of getting in and out of a wet swimsuit while a baby wanders around. I LOVE swimming but for some reason being with a baby in the pool doesn't seem like swimming to me.

We saw our small towns attempt at fire works. The show lasted about half an hour. I say our small town, becasue my sister said the NYC fireworks are the best. I bet they are. They do broadcast them on tv though so even if you aren't in NYC you can still watch from afar.

Jen, I haven't forgotten.

Barb
Old 07-04-2002, 09:22 AM   #22  
Jen

Thanks Barb, I'm glad someone is out there! Happy 4th of July to all the Americans. Hope it goes smoothly and calmly.

I'm not enjoying this heat much either. Yesterday we went out for a walk at 7 am as that was about the coolest it was going to be and spent the rest of the day indoors except when I ran outside to put the sprinklers on to water the garden. We only have a/c in Drake's room but if we put a fan in the hallway it keeps our bedroom cool too. I think it does affect heavy people more because our bodies have to work that much harder to cool us down. Another great reason to lose weight!

Take care all.
Old 07-04-2002, 09:50 PM   #23  
bc

Well maybe that can be my motivation to lose weight!

That and buying smaller bras.

Barb
Old 07-04-2002, 11:21 PM   #24  

I had a pretty good day today. My husband took the kids to the zoo this morning so I could make soap (had a minor disaster). This afternoon we went to a BBQ at a friend's house. Lots of kids, lots of food. I tried very hard to keep track of how many points I had. I made a low fat pie to bring so I could have dessert but my husband left it at home! All in all I still did pretty well. Tonight I make more soap.
Old 07-06-2002, 01:40 PM   #25  
Jen

Good news! I've been giving Drake the stage 2 veggie and meat mix with some little lumps and he's not gagging!!! YAY!!! I'm so happy that he is finally keeping it down. As well last night I gave him a small piece of bread and butter and he ate about half of it with no problems. He's been in a really good mood these past 2 days, likely because it is not as humid as it was earlier this week and hopefully his teething pain has abated. What's up with everyone this weekend?
Old 07-07-2002, 09:18 AM   #26  
bc

We had a wedding to go to. My husband's Nephew. It was simple and the kids were cute with their younger cousins. There were huddles of cousins the older teenage and college student groups and the younger under 10 group.

We got back very late because we had a picnic at my husbands parents that evening and then we went to some stores (john's appeasing me) so we got back at midnight. Everyone is tired today and I suspect it will be a very quiet day. At least I hope so.

I could use a motivation here of all John's nieces who have perfect bodies......... but I won't, cause I never looked that good.

Barb
Old 07-09-2002, 08:23 PM   #27  
Jen

Drake has finally figured out how to move himself around. He's doing 'the inchworm' pulling himself by his arms and sort of wiggling his butt and knees to get going. He can really move when he wants to now. I've got to start doing a lot ot baby proofing now that's for sure.

Barb - don't worry about those nieces, someday their hips will explode too!!

I haven't been at my goal weight since I was about 13 or so but I really do think it is attainable so there is no reason why I can't have the body shape that I want. I think right now I am probably about the same height or maybe a couple of inches taller than when I was 13.

How is everyone doing this week?
Old 07-15-2002, 03:03 PM   #28  
Jen

took Drake is Aqua Tots this morning, a swim class at the rec center. he seemed to like it okay, didn't cry at least. There were a few babies that were. On the other hand he really didn't splash around very much but he doesn't during his bath either. It is everyday for 2 weeks so if he seems to grow into liking it I can take more classes for the rest of summer.
Old 07-16-2002, 09:19 AM   #29  
Jen

Hi there, Meowna. We are a bunch of newer moms who post about weight loss as well as what is going on with the kids. The more the merrier. The board has been a bit slow lately, probably every busy enjoying the great weather. It is supposed to get hot and humid again here over the next couple days so I'll probably be indoors a lot. We went for a walk at 7am as it was nice and cool, probably the nicest it'll be until Thurs. How is it out in BC?
Old 07-16-2002, 05:25 PM   #30  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

Hot, Hot, Hot here in BC!! I am on Vancouver Island. Was 89* in the shade at lunch time here. Took the babe swimming last nite, he had a ball! Was great to cool off! Good exercise too, Jay is a big guy 90cm long, 14.06 kg. So takes alot to hang on to him, he is a busy guy too. He was pooped out after, me too. Well gonna go start supper, having tofu tonite, gonna pretend it is a steak.
Closed Thread