Old 05-19-2009, 09:48 PM   #1  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Default Back In Kindergarten #78

Hello & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey!
So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke etc. and pull up a chair and join us!

tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:16 PM   #2  

just thought that I would start us a new thread!

We are getting Marissa and Logan tested now, because we were more or less a little passe with Brandon. I wish we would have stuck to it all when he was younger and then he could have gotten the help a lot sooner! But he is doing great now!!! I actually got some information from his teacher about summer programs that will help him with his speech and such. So, I am going to be sending some emails and looking online at these places. I am wanting to have someone that is flexible enough to come to the house, that way Tommy won't have to miss work or my MIL won't have to come over here to take us.

I am trying to catch up on the computer, my email, and such, as well as watch the Wings game......the game is tied now at 2 and is going into over time!
Old 05-20-2009, 10:45 AM   #3  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hola all,

Just stopping in, thanks for all your well wishes. I feel a little bit better, AF is slowing a tad bit, but still heavy. It was REALLY heavy lastnight..........but I'll spare you the details. lol.

I'm going to go get my mom today. I was gonna wait until tomorrow since AF arrived in FULL RAGING force, but figured may as well go and get her and she can at least hang out with me at the house..........

Have a Good Day!!!!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:33 PM   #4  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Just stopping by to say hi.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:48 PM   #5  
kitty Momo

Good Wednesday!

Yesterday was **** day at work, I swear. I guess that is why you should only work 5 days in a row and not 6......everything was annoying me. lol

Francie -Blue Angels sounds like great fun to watch. Sounds familiar, they must come out here to Oregon for the air show that happens once a year. Glad you were able to go see them!

Mindee- A lot of the sports activities have scholarships available, have you had a chance to look into that for the kids? I took the kids once to a church camp over the 4th of July even and was able to get it at a affordable price that I was able to pay. I also had a friend that was on a tight,tight budget that spent all year lining up summer activites for the kids that was no cost to her through scholarships. Anyway, just a thought, with some digging and a few phone calls I bet you could find all sorts of things available to keep the kiddies busy for the summer.

Sue- omg- cabbage sounds soooo good. I love cabbage. I have moved so much over the years and have tossed things out I don't have much now. lol I have a friend that has lived in the same place for 7 years. She told me my address is in pencil now. haha. Hope this is the last for awhile at least.

Katy - You're brave. I haven't been in the pool since 1990. lol I loved to swim though. Good for you! We should be having a sunny weekend

Totally had a brain fart. I forget what everyone wrote. argh.

k- lets talk me.

Watched DWTS and really wanted Melissa to win but Shawn was just as good I thought. Haven't seen anything on Jillian. 30 guys is a lot, I think I will wait til it gets down to 8 men.
Had bean soup at work , 2 bowls! It was good ,tad salty though w/ ham in it. I need to get back to my salads today. I still need to get signed up for the gym, didn't do that yesterday. I was too busy being mad. lol
And tonight is swimming , oh joy. I get to sit there and pretend I am a teen drooling over a boy in class.

*sigh

to everyone else! Hope all you ladies are having a good Wednesday.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 05-20-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:25 PM   #6  

well, today was Marissa day to get tested. it all went well.....her hearing is fine, but she is behind in speech. so, she was referred for speech and language therapy. we will meet in a week or so to do the IFSP (same thing as an IEP, but they call it that since she is under 3). Then they will give us some tips for us to get through the summer, and she will start her program in the fall.

we take Logan on Friday to get him tested, so I will know where they all stand by the end of this week. Brandon is getting his hearing and vision tested at school today......so I am kind of anxious about what that is going to say. (seeings as to how the one that he had last year, he failed....hence why we had to take him to the ENT)

SuzieQ~ I will have to look into that. Right now, it is looking like I will be first off setting up some speech therapy for Brandon for the summer. I got a pamphlet from his teacher, just FYI, but it has listings in the state for places/people that offer the services during the summer.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:26 PM   #7  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello...

SUSAN...beans and ham sound good. I hadn't had that is ages and you got me to eating it again...but then it's been a few months now. No one in this house likes them so I don't cook a lot of stuff I would love to have. I too need to get in shape...took a pic of ths bruise from the hit Monday and my legs look icky-gross! Last year at this time they were looking good...too lazy I guess. Hey, so if you got the keys early why can't you move in already? Well, June will be here soon enough...have to take a pic of your view! Have fun at the pool today! No special plans for me this Memorial weekend, it's supposed to rain anyway...maybe get some reading in.

KATY...umm, yeppers...it was/is a killer, ouch! I did not see it coming either. We were walking thru the park looking for the field Chase was playing on and heard people yelling but by the time I looked up it was too late! Hey, even if you don't finish the LazyMan..you have done GREAT!

SUE...not sure about watching the youngins now. Talked with Josh last night and asked him if I was to make sure...he said he didn't know, Charlotte wouldn't tell him...not sure what is up with that, so guess it's up in the air...thinking she may be making other plans for both kids. But she won't say anything to me and waits till the last minute and makes Josh do it...he sounds so frustrated sometimes. Anyway...enjoy little cutie pie Mason when you get him!

SASSY...enjoy your visit with you momma...how long will she be with you?

HI to everyone else

Nothing much going on. I slept in today because I didn't have the little one, and won't until Tuesday, that I know of. So...did a little shopping. The hubby bought me prescription sunglasses for my BD but of course I had to go get them...have to wait 7-10 days. I am overdo for some. But was hoping the insurance would pay some on them. They will only pay for one pair a year, or actually pay a portion of them. Anyway...then off to Barnes & Noble with gift cards, Target to get a couple of things, lunch and home. Now I am just resting until the game tonight...thinking I will take my bike helmet See pic below of my little souvenir from Monday's game-OUCH!

Hoping everyone is enjoying the day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stuff 008.jpg (19.3 KB, 8 views)
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:29 PM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

MINDEE...you snuck in there. Glad Marissa's hearing is fine. Good you are getting on top of the speech now. Hoping all goes well with Logan's testing.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:17 PM   #9  
kitty Momo

Cristina - omg - that is a nasty bruise lady! Is it sore? I know I get banged up on the weekends when I do the garbage runs at work. I need to get wokermans comp or something and my knees ache at night.
*waaaa. Falling apart at 45!
Landlord lady is very nice, she called yesterday and requested I clean the kitchen floors w/ Murphy Soap. I asked after signing " how will you get the keys to me?" and she handed them to me , along w/ the garage door opener. She said "that way we don't have to meet up again" lol....the rental application was my current landlord and employer.....wrote that down on a blank piece of paper.
She had a move in/ move out form , lead paint and an Oregon lease so in that way it was professional. I like her a lot though, easy to talk to and she saw me at work when her grandbaby was born. I guess I could go buy a disposable camera amd mosey around the joint. I wouldn't go in though unless I asked her first. I won't have all the move in money til I get paid. *waaaaaaa , it is a cute place though, she was going to put in a new dryer and a bedroom door needed to get replaced before I moved in and i think I am going to have to rummage around some 2nd hand stores for some window curtains.

k- just thinking out loud. And omg...........I haven't even been home since this morning, too lazy to go back and forth across the bridge. I stayed for my eye appt. now I have to wait for school to get out. Still need to go get groceries.

And ya.................beans are delish, maybe that is why I keep having brain farts today?? Get it??? haha.....

No wonder i can't get a date, I have a weird sense of humor. lol Only the Hawaii Man gets it. That sucks about the glasses, insurances are so anal. I ordered a year of contacts w/ my $100 they give me for eye wear. I will have to wait for the glasses, they told me $600 for a pair??? whatever....I am waiting. lol Hope you get some answer on the kids and when/if you are watching them. That sucks too. It reminds me though I need to set up daycare for Gaby today or tomorrow, she gets out on the 9th. *sigh. Did I tell you I am going full time in July?? I am. yay.

Mindee - Ya, call churches and stuff. You could send them to vacation bible school all summer long, they'll love you for that. lol Actually I can still remember going to a neighbors house for vacation bible school, now they probably have them at churches more. Anyway, hope you have some luck w/ that. Look at the library or even at Brandon school. I know Gaby got in last year for summer school through a special program sponsored by Nike.

k - paying for evey second of this computer time.....will never have any curtains this way. Speaking of which there is a program in Portland that if you volunteer 24 hours at this rebuilt computer place you get a computer free and you can combine your time w/ other people so Rach and I were thinking of doing that .....we want both want a computer in the house.....though she does have an old MAC she uses at her fathers.

k- yada yada.......shut up already.

oh, ya. I think I wil go have some fruit for lunch. There, that is my weight talk. lol ewww, I even have time to go by work and sign up for the gym!

k- chat later.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 05-20-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:07 PM   #10  
ugggg.....

from last thread...

Francie--we saw that Andrews AF base was having an airshow--would have loved to gone or at least watched the Blue ANgels with you. We go to a pretty neat one locally. I can't believe we have to wait for next season to see what happens on Grey's. My mom has a similar metastatic skin cancer that Izzy had...

BTW-Mom had her appt---Dr says the his initial manual exam looks like the treatment worked--she gets a scan next month--holding my breath til then.... She's starting to feel better, she's missing her senior groups trip to Mt Vernon tomorrow but she's going to lunch and a play next month...

Sue--The tech high school is across the street from work so I got some more plants..I went for a few more impatients to finish lining along my deck and ended up getting a hanging basket with double impatients, two astibles, a bleeding heart that is blooming already and another shade plant that I already forgot the name of....

Katy--I am going to have to look the campion & mahonia, I've never heard of those. Didn't finish watching the Bachelor..don't know if I'd like the Bachlorette...waiting for the summer show that I love and hubby hates...Big Brother.

Mindee--there's probably some Vacation Bible Schools at the local churches--we used to go to every one in town...they were all different weeks. Susan had a great idea with checking out to see if you can get some help with the payments for programs.

from new thread...

Susan--the first place Ry looked at was small but cute with but no smoking inside and landlord was a lawyer and really picky..Ry doesn't do well with all the rules she wanted imposed...had a free washer and dryer on site for all the tenant which was a plus but he didn't take it...he ended up with an apt on the 3rd floor...loves the landlord--she seems like a wildchild that settled down later in life--she's my age with 4 kids the oldest is Gaby's age. He's on the "cool" floor with all the young people....her words...the kitchen and bathroom are really small but the living room is a good size with a really tall bay window and the bedroom and the closet are really good size. He says he likes having all his stuff back--it was like Christmas--he found stuff he forgot he had...

Cristina--OUCH!!! I am sure glad it didn't hit you in the face or head...you would have been out cold!! With the baby coming, Charlotte's definitely going to need your help with the kids. Poor Josh...and poor you...I'd say it was pregnancy hormones but she was like that before. SHe ought to let you know so you can plan, but she's like Teri and just probably expects you will do what she wants at the last minute.

Sassy--TOM's come to visit here--killer cramps and I got tooth work done getting ready for a crown--I was hurting so much I took Advil PM and went to bed a little after 8...I am ready to be done with this stuff and move on to menopause....Here's hoping next time's the one for you....

Kathy--where are you??? How's punkin??? Is hubby's twin being an arse???? Miss you!!

well here's my exercise/diet talk--have had nothing but water to drink, well morning coffee too. Had fruit, cheese and a couple of pretzel sticks for breakfast and a burger without the bun and a pickled egg for lunch and tomato basil soup for supper. Mowed the most of the huge front yard and the little bit of grass in the back, will finish the rest of the front tomorrow night. Hubby bought a tiller to work up the garden and my brother is bringing it over in his truck tomorrow nite so I can finally get the vegetable plants in the ground...

did almost 13,000 steps on my pedometer... and I am done for the night....if I can stay out of bed until 9 it will be a miracle...

Last edited by jules1216; 05-20-2009 at 09:23 PM.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:46 PM   #11  

just stopping back in while I have the chance! the boys are already sleeping, and Marissa just had dinner with me and Tommy. I made them bologna sandwiches, and I think the boys both ate hers. So, Tommy got us some McDonald's, so I told him to get her something. She is just beside herself with all the daddy, mommy and her time today.

I also looked online to see about getting my license. So far it seems like an easy path to take...so I am going to show it to Tommy when he gets home. (he had to run back to work because he forgot something) I didn't tell him that I was looking at it. But it only makes sense to do since with all the appointments and such going on.

thanks for the nice comments on the kids.....I really wish we had stuck more by the Early On program with Brandon when he was younger.

I am watching the finale of American Idol right now.....and actually Tommy just got home! so, I am going to finish up on here and I will go plop on the couch.

I will have to look into the vacation bible schools for the kids.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:10 AM   #12  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Talking Hola Chicks

Hola all,

Hi.........Bye..........Francie!!! lol.

Susan -- A pool sounds good........... and I don't even swim, but its been hot here. I have a weird sense of humor too, DH gets it, but he's as weird as me, probably weirder! lol.

Cristina -- Yeee-OW chick, that is quite a bruise!! My mom will be staying until Saturday. I have to unfortunately go back to work on Sunday. Well I don't HAVE too go back, but if I wanna get paid for Memorial day (Good $$) Then I have too. lol. I need to go and get my eyes checked again and I want prescription sunglasses too. I hope you enjoy yours!

Jules -- Glad that all looks well for your mama, keeping everything that all is well. UGH she visited you too? Man she is making her rounds, eh? Yeah I just wanna get pregnant and then have my "stuff" yanked out already! But DH said, "They won't do that" I said "Yeah huh if I tell them too!" lmao. Aw well a girl can dream, right? lol. I am hoping next month is the month too. WTG on the 13,000 steps! I need to get me a pedometer! I have been walking every night at work. I need to begin walking here at home too but I am always beat after work, so maybe while I am off, me and my mom can walk.

Mindee -- Heres hoping you get your license. DH needs to get his for his motorcycle. It would have been a really nice week to ride to work. Oh well. Glad Marissa is enjoying mommy and daddy time!

AF has slowed down -- TG! I feel so much better today and I'm glad so I can go out and enjoy myself. Yesterday I was all crampy and just did not feel up to doing much. So today I want to go and get some flowers at the store today with my mom and plant some!

I did get a sunburn yesterday! On my left arm only!!! From driving to get my mom! Go figure. I did not think I would need sunblock IN THE CAR! lol. But that was a dumb thing on my part. I learned my lesson. Put sunblock on everyday! lol.

Well have a great day!!!

Big
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:27 PM   #13  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

God..this day is so horrible. I just feel like crying.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:28 PM   #14  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Francie - You snuck in.... sorry... hope you are ok.

Jules- Funny but the dumpiest places I applied to the landlord was an arse. Like I am going to damage his dump? lol This place is the nicest and all she wants me to do is water some new plants in the yard and clean w/ murphys soap. Your son isn't coming back to the PNW? I am glad the treatment has seemed to work for your mother. wow to 13,000 steps!

Sue -Speaking of which....how is your mother?

Sassy - Ya, you can get suntanned while driving around in the car. One summer I had the brownest left arm....lol

Mindee- Tell the boys to leave sissy's food alone! I bet she was hungry..

Hope everyone else is doing well. I could use some more sleep myself. Back to work today which really isn't too bad. I have been looking around for some on line courses, interested in pharmacy tech.
Sit there all day and count pills......too bad I am not a drug addict. lol I should get a job counting Lays potato chips going down the conveyer belt.....yum.
Gab swam her little heart out last night. Pool man was teaching the kids that they have to touch the edge of the pool. I had sent him an email that when Gab see's the flags overhead she thinks she can stop and goof around,she is never going to win a race that way (haha)...she still has a good 20 feet to go.......anyway, nice to see he listens to me, he probably thinks I am some anal mother......too bad I can't get him to ask me out but thats ....ok.........though I never knew I could be so turned on by just seeing a man's head bopping around in the deep end of the pool. When did I become so pathetic? lol

And it is 3 years today that my dad passed away. So, I fell apart last night and cried and cried. I didn't even remembered the date til I looked at his obit. I was sooooo glad I didn't miss the day, I would have felt bad. Rach promised she would go today and put some sunflowers on his gravesite.

k- think I will mosey to work and umm, work. I did find the most delish salad dressing at Safeway last night. Low cal and it actually has taste....

chat more later

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 05-21-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:50 PM   #15  

just stopping by because I am going to play some games on the Wii Fit....I think it has been feeling neglected lately......LMAO

a little moment to shine about Marissa! She has been into taking her diaper off lately......so she got mad this morning and started to take her diaper off. I said "no no......we don't take the diaper off unless we have to go potty." to which, she jumped right up (diaper half done up) and ran down the hallway saying "potty" and going to the bathroom.

we got into the bathroom and Brandon said that he had to go as well. He went on the big potty and Marissa sat on the little potty. she didn't go but she is showing interest in going which is great! now, if I can get all three of them out of diapers, I will be in heaven!!!

Sassy~ The path to getting my license now seems a lot easier then when I first set out to do it my senior year of high school! I showed it to Tommy last night while he was on the phone with a friend of ours....and his eyes popped out of his head when he read what it was!

Francie~ I hope today starts getting better for you!

SuzieQ~ I have tried to tell them to leave her stuff alone, but she then goes and hits them if they take something of hers.