Old 05-18-2009, 09:41 AM   #1  
trying to be the real me!

S/C/G: 289/281/270

Default Herbal Magic Thread #4

Wowzers, the other thread closes at 500 and we were at 498 so I have started a new thread for us.
I have had a sloppy week, inbetween renovationg the bathroom (completely gutted) having comany here for a week form manitoba and being on "holidaze" since Weds, well lets say this has been a week I have not even stepped on my scale. I dunno if I have lost of gained weight...but I can say all this moving is good for me..since the mainfloor washroom is "gone" I have to go downstairs for the washroom. Considering I seldom do stairs because of my OA in my knees, even that extra is helping..Mind you, you might hear some groans etc from me as I do those stairs! hahaha!
Anyways, I am going to try and find where the scale is (somewhere in my bedroom I believe) as I had to remove it from the bathroom..it threw my scale watching out of whack I don't mind admitting.
Did I mention I am taking the photos at my Dad's wedding this weekend??? Mom passed away just over 2 years ago at the young age of 54. I get that men can't be alone long and at times I am good with this, at times I feel..well, maybe a bit dis-loyal because of it? not too mention STRESSED about taking the pics. Their photographer backed out and they couldn't afford another one for an emergency vet bill (800$) so I "off handedly offered since I like to take pics...THEY FRICKIN ACCEPTED! oye frekin vey! So i have to find more time to get up to date with this danged camera I have...a Church lighting vs outside lighting is different...much different.
In all, the good thing is, I do not eat when I am stressed!! mwahh at least no chocolate right?
Anyways..start of threwad #5 has been done!

Hope y'all are well!
2 dogs 1 lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 228.6/196.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Welcome to thread # 4

Here we go.... number 4 thanks 2 dogs... I hope the wedding is wonderful and good luck with the photography!! I am sure it will be great. As for the stress eating you are lucky you are not a stress eater.!!!

Keep moving it can only do your body good.

lee2lee
lee2lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:51 AM   #3  

Meme,
I too joined before but when I went away to a wedding and no one even noticed that I lost 48lbs..well I have to say i felt demotivated...It really was "my" issue but I let it be an excuse..a poor excuse. Now I came back..and I have messed about now for a month or so..do good, fall off, I need to keep doing good..Right now we do not have any fast food in the house and I want to keep it that way..financially the bathroom reno is taking a huge portion of $ every month so no eating out or wasting $ can occur, which is good as well.
My weight is such an embarrassment to me I haven't seen my best friend in years..we talk on the phone or email as she lives in a diff city. I am in that city almost every bi-week. These are my issues...weight is my issue...and I have to be able to tackle it mentally as well as physically.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:52 AM   #4  

Hey there LeeLee!
How are you doing girlie?? Nice ticker too!
Old 05-18-2009, 11:54 AM   #5  
Success is a journey

S/C/G: 200/173/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning ladies! Guess who isn't doing anything special for the long weekend? HA! Actually, there is plenty going on but I can't participate much because in doing a little housework the other day I 'tweaked' my back resulting in a lot of bedrest. ugh.

Lady: You rock! Thanks for starting the new thread and for keeping tabs on everyone! I am sure you are going to do a fantastic job on the pictures for the wedding! It is challenges that spur us on to grow and develop... and apparently photography is your new calling... Your life sounds very full right now. You seem pretty self-aware so I doubt you will go crazy during this busy and exciting time. You will be back to normal soon and back on your journey to a healthier you.

I am scared about going back to work... which is kind of silly because I don't even know when that is going to be possible. I want people to notice my loss but at the same time people acknowledging my loss also acknowledges that they noticed I was bigger. There is one lady in the office who is infamous for her lack of tact on the weight issue. I dread our conversation. She makes frequent references to how people used to look before they lost weight which in my opinion is a terrible approach. I will have to deal with all of this someday ... but you know what... if nobody noticed at all that would be even worse! Happy Monday! I hope you are all doing well and are happy and healthy this weekend!
mememegogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:51 PM   #6  

Meme, just say this "Wow that was cruel of you, do you feel better now?" that will shut her up.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:07 PM   #7  
healthy is SEXY

S/C/G: 210.4/191/145

Height: 5'4"

I just realized 2 things....

1) 4 oz of tuna is the WHOLE can!
2) weight fluctuates A LOT during the day

My boyfriend's mom dropped off my scale today. I asked her to hold it hostage until I was ready to look at it's ugly face. I stepped on it earlier today and was kinda bummed... gained .2 of a pound. I decided to try it again a few minutes ago and there was a loss of a pound.

Does anybody else keep a scale around? I get weighed three times a week, so I didn't plan on keeping one in the house... but I think it might help me stay on track if I'm able to keep an eye on my weight myself. I don't want to be obsessing over the scale though.......AHG........ what works for everybody else??

I guess when it comes down to it, the scales are always uglier if you're gaining weight...
Nicole210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 156/135/125

Height: 5'2"

Meme....thanks for sharing your story. I have had lots of rounds with losing and gaining. I have tried everything, and was a little embarassed when I joined HM, because I figured it was just something else I was going to waste my money on. Luckily, it is working. I have been in and out of Weight Watcher so much, I am kinda like "Norm" in Cheers! They all know my name! I tried Nutri-system (gawd AWFUL food) and even Dr. Berstein's (supervised anorexia!!) This is working for me - and I am determined to keep it off this time!!! I believe this time it is more about my mindset than the program, although I do think HM is the bomb (I do NOT work for them! lol) We all fall off the wagon in some way or another. Do not feel ashamed or embarassed. The fact that you keep getting back on the wagon is what is inspirational....not everyone has that strength. So you go girl, and thanks for sharing....someone might need to hear that story to keep themselves going.

Hope all you ladies had a great long weekend...I worked my butt off outside! Yard looks great though....I am off to London On tomorrow for work, but will go for a WI first! Might not be online much until Thurs. night, but I wish you all WEIGHT LOSS for the week!
T.
trabay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Height: 5'8"

I am brand new to this forum and still making my around but wanted to say hello!

I started HM on March 28th and have lost just over 20 pounds so far. Yahoo! But I agree, my weight fluctuates dramatically throuhout the day. Some days as much as 5 pounds!!

I do however, keep a scale at home and have been a bit neurotic about weighing myself (almost everytime I am in the bathroom ) because I still see a "trend" in my baseline weight going down and find that encouraging. This also helps keep me from getting too discouraged when I go to a WI and see a .2 pound increase or something because I know that scale would say something different in a few hours.

Looking forward to sharing more with you all as I continue my journey. I still have over 100 pounds to lose

Last edited by momof5k; 05-19-2009 at 12:20 AM.
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:03 AM   #10  

Default Re scale at home...

I to keep a scale at home... I have 2 of them... the one in my bathroom is 2 pounds lighter than at my center and the other one is like 5 pounds lighter so I don't bother with that one. I know.. not good having 2 in the house.. but oh well. I stay on the one in my bathroom.

I too have a habit of stepping on and off it all the time so I limit myself to a naked first thing in the morning weigh in at home. I can jump on it and get one weight and then step on it again in a few seconds and get a different one.

I like to weigh myself daily only to keep tabs on myself. Its all personal whether you do it or not.

Well tomorrow is weigh in after a long weekend and not being at the center for 3 days. I hope we all lost this weekend.

take care

lee2lee
Old 05-19-2009, 02:09 AM   #11  
3rd time's a CHARM

S/C/G: 274/259/210

Height: 5'7

Oh man, I know what you mean about falling off the wagon! This is my 3rd HM attempt. I more motivated than ever and can't wait for weigh-ins...

Nicole: I weigh myself ALL the time... keeps me on track for some reason.

Also hoping everyone a lighter Tuesday!!
chunksoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:24 AM   #12  

Default Vegetables...???

Ok folks I need some suggestions on vegetables... I am not a fan of them but I know I need to eat them. Salads without the creamy dreamy dressing is well you know... but I will not give up my free exchange for a dressing.

Any ideas to shake things up would be appreciated.

lee2lee
Old 05-19-2009, 09:59 AM   #13  
Chocoholic

S/C/G: 151/ 119 /120

Height: 5 feet tall & bullet proof!

Lee: One thing that I do that really helps is to make ALOT of veggie stirfrys, with peppers, onions, cabbage, zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli, etc. *TIP - if you cook your veggies with a lid on, and allow them to steam, you don't need any olive oil etc, so you save a fat!! I make a couple of portions then put them in tupperware for reheating. Then you can add your prefered meat, beef, chicken, fish, whatever. I figure if while I'm making one portion I may as well make 3 then I have some for the next 2 days. I spice mine up with tobasco and mrs dash.
Anyhoo, at WI this a.m. I am down 1/2 a lb. Blah!! Oh well down is better than up! Cheers!
witchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:01 AM   #14  
Chocoholic

S/C/G: 151/ 119 /120

Height: 5 feet tall & bullet proof!

Hey!! I just noticed I'm exactly 1/2 way there!!
witchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:47 PM   #15  

Broccoli is an excellent veggie! I also like steamed green & yellow beans..
if you want, try that baby greens with 1 cup of straw berrries a 1/2 cup madarin oranges and then a bit of raspberry vinegrette...trust me....seriously, that rocks! if you want, add a few taosted, slivered almonds to the top as a garnish