Old 04-28-2011, 09:00 AM   #1  

Default Steel Magnoloias #20

Good morning gals. I am going to hurry about a bit and set this up in case any of you come in early this morning. We finally has some sun for a couple days at least. We had heavy rains and tornados again yesterday, though the sirens were going off, nothing close by here. I will glad for a bit of sun. All that rain is depressing. BTW: Forgive me, I totally butchered Magnolia when I typed it for the new thread!

I decided to wait and pay bills today so that is what I have been doing since Jack left for work. Takes me a bit of time at the end of the month as Jack had two checks that come in, his navy retirement and his city check and so more bills are paid at the end of the month. I have a budget so I have to toggle back and forth between my spreadsheet and the bill paying websites to pay them and mark them as paid on the spreadsheet, then I have to print off copies of the confirm numbers. I am just glad I don't have to sit and write out checks. I only have a couple places I do that and even then 2 of them I could do online, but since I have had problems with them posting, I don't do it anymore.

I guess Jean is having issues with her computer still. I bought a malware program this morning for ours as I went to look at a knitting pattern and the site had what Jack called a "rider" trojan and it is this anti-malware virus. It isn't caught by regular virus software like Nortorn or Mcafee and this thing is a real pain. Jack removed the virus, but it dumped tons of stuff on my computer that have caused no end of problems. The ugly thing about this is that it is a anti-malware company and they use this means to force you to buy their malware program. What they don't tell you is that the stuff they dumped into your computer is not stuff they clean out. I guess tons of people have had trouble with this thing. The program I just bought is very good, highly recommended by IT techs. We still can't get our flash player to work though so Jack has to figure out what is wrong that it won't work. It shows it downloaded but it won't work. Wonder what we did before computers!

Maggie: I have about 6 cans of olive oil spray. Seems like everytime I went to the grocery store I thought I was out and would pick up a can I used the regular Pam, olive oil and butter too and never use oil unless I am going to make a pizza and then use the oil to cover the dough, but I still use the Pam for the baking stone. I have a great pizza baking stone from Pampered Chef I like. I have two of the bread loaf pans and a couple other things and really like their stone products. Usually I am kind of about stuff you get at those parties, but I really like the pampered chef stuff. I have a lot of their things from cutting boards, to different tools to use to the stones. The stuff isn't cheap, but then if you would go into a mall kitchen shop you would pay that kind of money. I always hate to open my mouth about stuff like that though because whenever I am enthusiastic about a company's product they try to get me to start selling the stuff. I did Tupperware twice over the years and I am too old and my knees to shot to stand up in front of people hawking my wares and then begging for parties! I talked to Jack about the plant and he said it isn't flooding of the plant so much it is that the "decellanized" (sp) water can't be released into the river. That means, the cleaned water can get out I guess after it has been through all the processing. The funny thing is the water coming out of the sewage treatment plant is cleaner than the river water! You definitely do NOT want to fall into the Mississippi. For one thing, it has some of the worst riptides ever. When you drive over the bridge between Memphis and Arkansas and look down into the water you can actually see them in the water.

Gail: Yum brands owns Pizza Hut, KFC, Taco Bell, and A and W so that is why sometimes you see KFC and a Taco Bell together. I like the KFC chicken, but the Popeye's sides better. They make this great gravy for their mashed potatos. I do like KFC's cole slaw though. There used to be a chain of chicken places similar to Popeye's called Bojangles. They had this vinegar based cole slaw that was to die for and since it had no mayo in it, you could scarf it right down and not worry about calories. I have to say that though I have always hated my first name, it does have its advantages. None of the people I went to school with had trouble remembering who I was since my first name is Modonna! I have sort of gotten used to it now since the singer is not as out there as she used to be, but I still get raised eyebrows whenever someone has to look at my driver's license for something. I had this kid I was to die in love with in jr high. He had this gorgeous black hair and cute as a bug. He used to tease me all the time, but I didn't care I was in love with him. I have my old diary from back then and you can read about "22." That is how my girlfriend and I talked about him as his football # was 22. Well, I actually found him on facebook and thought, what the heck? I sent him a message saying how beautiful his wife was and how it was great to see him and such and hoped his family was well. He sent me a friend request! I about died laughing. My romeo is now at least 60 lbs overweight and completely silver haired with bad teeth! I guess God knew what he was doing when he gave me Jack!

You gals have a great day. I need to get started on the ole chores. I didn't get much done yesterday with the sirens going off all day. I didn't want to be running the vacuum or such with all that going on so Fortune and I just sat in a safe area! Faye

Last edited by gma22; 04-28-2011 at 09:33 AM.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:46 AM   #2  

Good morning, ladies. We are under a tornado watch now and with the way the wind is blowing, I'm not surprised. We also have the prediction of bad thunderstorms with large hail.

The people I work with are taking me to lunch today since yesterday was Administrative Assistants day. Actually, we are using that as an excuse to get the boss to pay for lunch. We're going to Back Fin which, as you may guess, is a seafood house. Yum!

My class went well yesterday and everyone seemed pleased with their results.

My neighbor is home from Saudi for 2 months and she came over this morning for breakfast before I had to go to work.

Faye, we still have Bojangles here. We also have KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell all together in Poquoson. The vinegar based coleslaw is something the PA Dutch make. That's what we always made at home so I guess it might be German, too.

Have a great day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:50 PM   #3  
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Thursday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a bright sunny 57 degree day here so far in the Heartland. We also have a wind advisory. What's new ~ the wind always blows here anyway. Sometimes hard and sometimes it is just breezy. Well Ragg Mopp is looking like he lost something. Beanie is at the doc and won't be home till tomorrow. The vet told us we could call after 4 to see how he is doing. We will call. I miss the little tyke. He always greets me in the morning. This month is almost over ~ where does the time go. Seems like it was just beginning a new year. I need a new bookshelf in this room. I have books that need to be put on a shelf and no shelf to put them on. I think for dinner this day I will bake some chicken breasts with lemon pepper on them. Serve them with my Cole Slaw and little Roasted Baby Bakers and some fruit. Schwans® has the nicest small 3 oz potatoes which are 2 points+ each. “This essential potato is fully roasted and lightly seasoned with salt, pepper and a hint of garlic. The steamy goodness of these comforting small spuds is perfect to liven up any meal quickly. Comes in a handy re-sealable bag—use as many or as few as you need.” That, my friends, is a quote lifted from their web site. But they really are good.

DONNA FAYE Those computer folks that have a mean streek can sure make it hard on us folks can't they. They delight in causing folks problems just because they can and need to get a life. That program you got sounds like a good one for sure. Will got some virus on his old computer that it took the teck guys awhile to find it and they had to wipe his computer clean and reload his programs but he lost everything he hadn't saved. He is good about saving his work on thumb drives and so he wasn't out much at all but had the agrivation of it. I have AVG which works well for me ~ so far anyway. I love those spray cans of oil. I even spray my pizza dough with it. I sprinkle white cornmeal on the stone which I have. I also have that counter top Cuisinart convection oven that is lined with stone that I bake in most. We love Bojangles and don't have it around here. It is a more "down south" thing I am told. Isn't it fun to see what your "first love" looks like now.

SUSAN Well that vinegar based cole slaw is what I like best and it is lower in points+ than the creamy loaded versions. I must have some German in my ancestery some where. What fun to have your friend over for breakfast. What does she do when she is in Saudi? My uncle worked on getting their pipeline installed years back.

JEAN & GAIL Hope the two of you are having a delightful day.

Type at y'all later.

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:13 PM   #4  

Good Evening, Flowers! The sun smiled down upon us all day today, but it was miserably windy. The farmers were glad because the wind helps dry the fields but it is supposed to rain tomorrow and/or Saturday. My computer downloaded McAfee when I clicked on another website and my own virus program threw a glitch in the system because of it. I dumped McAfee myself as soon as I realized it was there, but the glitches stayed on. They didn't charge me anything so that was the good part. I was gone all day so didn't miss not having the computer at all. The road trip was fun. We visited a nature history center with live buffalo and all kinds of stuffed animals, videos, displays, etc., inside. There was an observation deck but it was so windy no one went outside. Then we had lunch at an old post office, visited an art/jewelry/pottery studio, and then a small scapbooking/gift shop. Left at 10 and got home about 4:30 -- long day but fun.

"Gma" -- I've been thinking of you and Susan whear hearing about the tornados down south. I hope you stay out of their way! I had to laugh at your telling about #22! For some reason we expect our school friends to be just like we remembered them years ago. Needless to say, McAfee and I do not get along! I had the whole virus/worm/trojan mess on my old computer because Mc let them in. That's another reason why I like where I got my computer locally; they put all the virus and protection stuff on every computer they sell.

Susan -- The time to worry about wind is when it goes from wild to nothing in a snap of the fingers. I'm glad you were treated to lunch by your boss! I imagine you are a very patient and informative teacher for your quilting class. I know I would take a class from you, but it would have to be a pre-beginner class.

Maggie -- No, I'm not getting a new computer yet. They just had to undo the glitches so were done early in the afternoon. I can't believe all of the computers they had hooked up to work on. I hope Beanie is ok; I know he will be so glad to see you tomorrow!

I'm off to read a bit and head for bed. It's been a long day.

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:23 AM   #5  
Thin Within

Talking Night Time

GOOD LATE EVENING MAGNOLIAS

It has been a wonderful day here in the Heartland up in the 70's. We went for a lovely ride out and about and had a great time.

JEAN I am so glad you got your computer fixed so quickly. I wonder why McAfee downloads automatically like that. It did that to me and I dumped it because I have AVG and don't need to purchase one that is inferior to it. What a fun day you must have had. Did you purchase any "goodies" while there? We have a field here that has buffalo in it roaming around that we drive by often and see. This whole state had buffalo roaming around it at one time in our history. When we lived close to Yellowstone we saw lots of them. Have you ever eaten buffalo? It is good very lean meat. We used to get it from a rancher that raised buffalo for their meat. A friend of ours owned an eatery place that she called Calamity Janes that had great buffalo burgers.

I am going to go to bed now ~ nighters.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:24 AM   #6  

Good morning to you all. It is quiet this morning and I am going to have to hop up and get a shower early as I have to take Fortune to the groomers. They are going to have to look at him because I think he is feeling poorly again and I am very concerned. I just hope it isn't his kidneys and they have gotten worse, but we need to know what is going on.

I absolutely did not stay up and watch the wedding last night. I am too old to stay up until 3 just so I can watch royals get married. She did have a lovely dress from the pictures though. I can't get my flash player working yet so couldn't watch any video of it. We are working with someone at Adobe to find out what the problem is, but it is a long process.

Maggie: I have a new Dell and it came loaded with McAfee and we have always used it so who knows? The virus I got is called an AVG antimalware virus. It is going gangbusters from what I can understand at the Adobe forum. It loads unknowingly into your computer and then you get pop ups to buy the AVG anti virus program and keeps doing it until you buy it. The thing is, even if you buy it, the stuff it dumped into you computer isn't cleaned out. It has sure made a mess of things in my computer and we are still straightening everything out with it little by little. As for those auto downloads they are on everything and you just have to watch closely anytime you are putting something on your computer. I noticed when you go to download flash player over in the right corner is a free mcafee scan that downloads unless you uncheck it and for the most part people don't even notice it. Just yesterday I went to put something on the computer in conjuction with getting this flash player working and it downloaded Google Chrome and I had to go back in and uninstall the thing. I think it pays to every week go into your installed programs and look and see what you have and then uninstall stuff you don't want. When Jack sent the guy at Adobe info on some registry keys with regard to this malware virus, the guy posted back that we had firefox downloaded and we have never used any browser but Internet Explorer! Hope Beanie came back home and isn't feeling too badly. Fortune didn't seem to have any problems at all when his was done at 6 months.

Jean: I actually got a very nice message from ole #22. One thing that as a young girl I was fascinated by was that he was Jewish. His mom was Catholic and his dad Jewish so it made for quite a combination back then. People nowadays roll with stuff like that more, but back in those days it was pretty taboo to marry in that combination. We had a lovely sunny day yesterday and should today also, but come Sunday it is going to start raining again. They had pictures in the newspaper of the park where the music festival is going to be and it is a mud pit. The guys were walking around in boots and such trying to suck up the water and get it dried up for the concert. I think they are more concerned about the bbq cooking contest in a couple weeks than they are about the concerts. The river being the issue there.

Well gals, I hear Jack rolling around upstairs (he took a vacation day today) so I bid you adieu! Have a great Friday. Faye
Old 04-29-2011, 11:04 AM   #7  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Happy Friday everyone! I was up early this morning which really wasn't anything unusual as I start my day early. I watched the royal wedding on tv and Kate is a beautiful bride...and then I watched all the devastation in Alabama and Georgia caused by those awful tornadoes. Could it look any worse? Happy for those in England and sorry for Alabama and Georgia.

Today is my running around day....so this is a pitstop to say hello to everyone. I'll try to get back in here and catch up with everyone.

Wayne got his first paycheck; I'm off to spend it!
GailR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:12 AM   #8  

Good Morning, Flowers! We did see the sun this morning but is has since disappeared and the wind has kicked up a few notches. There is a wind advisory south of us for today and part of the evening. I have a call into the dentist as I have a loose filling. I'm hoping to get in this morning if they can squeeze me in. Banana bread is baking in the oven as I type.

Maggie -- I did buy a soybean candle in the gift shop yesterday. I like them because they don't smoke when burning. I've never eaten buffalo. I think I would try more things if I didn't know the name beforehand. I was really picky when I was a kid -- lots of pb&j sandwiches.

"Gma" -- I hope that there is nothing seriously wrong with Fortune. It's good you are having him checked out. I set the DVR to record at 3 AM so can watch the wedding whenever. We did see them live, this morning, when they walked out of the church. Kate is a beautiful bride and I'm sure Princess Diana would approve. Charles is sure a "dud" imo. We didn't have any Jewish people where I grew up, but a Lutheran girl from my class married a Catholic and that about did her family in. I remember wearing a hat to the wedding but that's all I remember.

My timer is ready to go off so need to check my bread. Have a fantastic Friday and enjoy!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 04-29-2011, 12:23 PM   #9  

Good morning, ladies! Cooler today at 67 degrees but the storms are gone.

I've been to the Y and earned 9 APs this morning between water aerobics, weights, treadmill, and eliptical. I haven't watched any of the wedding yet because it'll probably be rerun to death this weekend. My English friend went home for the wedding. She is bringing me a comemorative teapot when she comes home.

I used to use AVG antivirus but I switched to Microsoft Security Suite which is a free download from their website. It works wonderful. I've had messages that it has blocked this and that, but nothing gets through.

Faye, I hope Fortune is alright! It's so sad they can't tell us when they don't feel good or where it hurts. If I remember correctly, you did download Firefox when 3FC was having all the problems and we could conly get on with Firefox.

Jean, Lutherans are two steps down from Catholics - Episcopals being one step down. Did you enjoy your banana bread?

Hi, Maggie and Gloria.

Time for lunch - Greek Salad today.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:38 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Talking Windy Friday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a very windy day here in the Heartland but that isn't new news for sure. It is so windy that I don't think they will be able to put the decals on the Jeep this day unless they can find a place inside. But that shop that made them doesn't have an area such as that so I think they will just wait. Beanie is back and was there at the door when I opened it after getting dressed this day. He is napping right now. Ragg Mopp is so happy he is back. Will said that after he picked him up he had to sit in his lap on the drive home. He usually is happy to get in the back. He missed us. Will is out filling my shopping list and I hope he can locate all the items on it. Nothing out of the ordinary but you never know what they will stock on the shelves around here. OH brother ~ what a mess. I don’t use credit cards for we cleaned them all out years ago. Paid them up and cut them up. I use a Wal*Mart Debit card for on line purchases. I loaded some money on it today because there were a couple of things I wanted to buy. Well I checked the readout that tells if I have money or not and low and behold I had already made a purchase today - so it said. Someone in the UK had used my number to purchase a membership in EMUSIC. I don’t even have an MP player. Anyway I have been on the phone trying to find out how to cancel that purchase. Finally I located a gal clear out east that took care of it and will give me my money back. And canceled that transaction. I will be cutting up this card and getting a new one once I have spent all the money on this one. No telling how a person way up in the UK got my number. I only load this card when I want to buy things and don’t let it sit with money on it. It is like someone was waiting till I put some money on it to use some of it. EMUSIC is on top of it and will catch that rascal. Will just recently cut up his card and now has a new one. I will spend all the money on mine and then do that. One of Will's friends came over with his tiller and they are both out there tilling up the garden area. We are going to have such a nice garden this year. A nice stiff wire fence to keep the dogs and rabbits out and netting to keep the birds off.

DONNA FAYE It is weird how things can sneek into our computers. Good thing we have tecs that can figure it all out. I hope our little baby is OK and not real bad off. Will uses Fire Fox for it works better on his computer. But I don't use it on mine. Why don't they move that concert to dryer ground is beyond me. I love rivers but would never live close to one if I could help it. They always want to leave their beds and go creaping fruther out.

JEAN Buffalo meat is just lean beef. Nothing exotic. I like those soybean candles also. That is the kind I burn in my office. Mine is from the Western Romance Collection. Smells like vanilla to me. YUM banana bread. Do you have a lightened version that you make or the regular one that is out there. I have a lightened version called "Orange Banana-Nut Bread" which is freezable that we like. It used to be 3 points but now it is 4 points+ but well worth it. It is a recipe I got out of Cooking Light magazine years ago. So good for breakfast ~ toasted with a skif of cream cheese and thin sliced strawberries, peaches or kiwi.

SUSAN We haven't watched any of that hoopla either. They will make a bundle of money for all those nick nacks they are selling to commerate the wedding. Good for them. I am just not into all that sort of thing. Nice of your friend to bring you a tea pot.

GAIL Yes, Kate is a lovely woman and I feel so very sorry for her. Her life as she has know it has now come to a halt. Poor dear will be evermore hounded by the paperattizi. Have fun shopping. Will brought back almost everyting on my list today. Almost. BTW I got the waffle plates ordered for my Cuisinart.

Have a lovely afternoon Magnolias. Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 04-29-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:07 PM   #11  

Gail -- You posted while I was still composing. Hope you enjoyed being out and about today.

Susan -- You were a busy lady at the Y this morning! What fun to have a commemorative teapot from the wedding! I've enjoyed watching bit and pieces of the wedding festivities. I can't imagine being in that crowd of people outside. I wonder where the ladies store some of the big odd shaped hats. Looking at the hats was entertainment in itself. Your Greek salad sounds good!

Maggie -- You were a chatty lady today with a double post! I wonder why that happens sometimes. I had the same thing happen with my credit card except they were porn phone calls to the UK. It took a long time for me to convince the cc company to close the account and issue me a new card. My banana bread uses 2 Tbsp. of butter and a cup of sugar, flour, soda, salt, bananas, and nuts so I use all "real" ingredients in it. It turned out great according to Bob. I'm glad Beanie is home safe and sound again.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:33 AM   #12  
Thin Within

Talking Back For A Bit

BACK TO YACK

The wind is still blowing so we didn't get the decals put on the sides of the Jeep. Hopefully tomorrow when it is suppost to die down. Did get the garden area all plowed up and the wind brought us a big sheet of black plastic that will work great for the garden. The wind usually just brings paper goods except for the 10 dollar bill it brought once.

JEAN I deleted that other post ~ didn't mean to stutter. There are so many different ways to make bananna bread. Folks usually find one they like and stick with it ~ it seems. I got a read out of what was trying to charge things on that debit card and it filled a whole page. On one day alone there were 9 attempts to charge something from the same person. It all started on Good Friday where there was one ding then Easter there were 4 and the beat goes on. Anyway I am waiting for the 41 dollars to be put back on the card then I will cut it up and get a new one. I will have to be watching closely to spend that before someone steals it. I will probably give it to Will to use in the gas tank. I will have to be checking closely on the web site where the records are kept. What a nuisance. I am just glad i didn't have a lot of do re me on that card.

Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 04-30-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:37 AM   #13  

As Ray Stevens used to say on that song, "The Streaker," "Don't look Ethel!" I mean if you look you will see it is only 3 am my time. Why am I up, because I started itching everywhere and it drove me so nuts I ended up having to get up and come downstairs and put lotion and such on it until it subsided so I did a load of laundry, did up the dishes, emptied the trash, typed out my grocery list for the commissary today and read news on aol and in the south bend tribune. I am probably sufficiently sleepy then when I finish here I am going to try and go back to sleep until 7 then get up and feed Fortune and get a shower and such to head to the store to be there at 9 am when it opens. Yesterday was both Navy retirement and Navy active duty pay day so I imagine it will be nuts at the grocery store.

I took Fortune to the groomers (which he has had 4 times to get it right and he isn't so that's it I am finding someone else) and talked to them about him not feeling well. I talked at length with the vet tech told her symptoms, what I did not find, like bloody or tar like stools, indications of worms, stuff like that and she said since he has had 3 boughts in less than 6 months he may have the equivalent of IBS only in dogs. What they did find was more bacteria and a lot of it in his colon so he is back on Flagyl for 10 days with the dosage doubled and a probiotic powdered which is basically yogurt! I have to pick it up on Tuesday when it comes in at the vets then they will give him his flu shot as they didn't want to give it to him when he felt bad. I also went to Petsmart and bought canned dog food for sensitive stomach and though he only ate about 1/4 can, he did eat some last night so hoping today he will eat even more since I gave him a Flagyl as soon as we got home from the vets.

I went sat for over an hour when I was told 15 minutes to get a haircut I needed badly, then went to Petsmart and got the food and his flea and tick medicine (I got it on sale and it cost me $80! sheesh) and then headed to Target. I bought the Harry Potter part 7 first half dvd, hair color as she cut it all off and the top of my head had color and the sides and back were grey I looked ridiculous, and a cute birthday card that talked for my girlfriend. I then headed home and put dye on my hair, (it is a great product, but it has this tube of red color inhancer and the stuff gets all over the place every time) I now have a new haircut and color so I am all jazzy.

We picked up Fortune at 5 and I got all the instructions and such and I came home, gave him meds, fixed him something to eat and we went to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner as I had a 25% of the whole meal coupon. I had salad and steak and baked potato and splurged and had their yummy mac and cheese side. I did not however have their yummy cheesecake! We came home and settled in for the evening and watched the movie then watched the Cubs game, which they finally decided to win one then we all headed for bed. So now you are caught up on my day yesterday!

Maggie: The closest we got to problems is one day a new bank card showed up in the mail for me with different numbers on it and an explanation they had a concern about my card. Since I balance my checkbook everyday and I have to say the bank really is on top of theft, we haven't had any problems. Maybe it is just that thieves can't get what isn't there! My daughter has had her checking account/bank card "robbed" twice and for a lot of money both times. It is an awful thing, but I think now that it is happening so frequently banks are much better about getting your money back to you quickly and shutting down any problems. Glad Beanie came back a-ok. He will be up bouncing around again in no time.

Susan: Yes, I remember now about the Firefox. Actually, Jack got flash player to work with Firefox so we are using it to look at videos and stuff for the time being until he works with the guy at Adobe to solve the problem and it has to do with Internet Explorer and registry keys in some way. Gobbledy gook to me. I told Jack, you want to know something on the internet I am your girl. I am an exceptional researcher, but ask me about software or hardware and I am "Huh?" Hey, that is what I have a sil or dd who are computer geniuses for. For that matter, Thomas could problem tell me too! Have you seen the trailer for the last HP movie? It is going to be a humdinger!

Jean: Those hats were something else let me tell you especially that one that Sarah Ferguson's younger daughter wore. She was the one in the tan morning dress with the hat that was this big "O" and then had these curly q things on each side. I bet they spent big $$$$ though for those hats. I thought the Beckham woman looked as snooty as they come. I don't know why she thought she was better than anyone else, her husband is a stupid soccer player and she used to be one of the "spice girls," so it isn't like she is some royalty or something. I got a giggle out of Bob Brenley who does the annoucing along with another guy for the Cubs games. He was describing things from the wedding and he said the bride was lovely and the prince looked like Duddly Do Right! Since we now have video again I watched a lot of the video of the wedding and such and it was nice I guess.

Gail: Jack got both his city pay and his Navy pay so whooeeeee I can have fun now! Hope you enjoyed your shopping. Yes, there is a real mess down here between tornados and flooding. You know it is bad when they closed all of the casinos indefinitely in Tunica (which is about 35 miles south of here.) The reason is that the pious church people on the state legislature didn't want casinos on Mississippi land, but they wanted the revenue so they came up with a way they could say casinos were not on land and still have them. What they did was dig inlets from the Mississippi into Tunica farm land then put permanent barges of concrete on the water then they built the casinos on top of that. Is that not thee most ridiculous thing you ever heard of? You would never know they were sitting on land. It isn't like you walk a gangplank or whatever to go in like you do in other areas like some of the Chicago casinos and such. Talk about being two faced, sheesh.

Well, I am going to fall asleep sitting here so I need to go. You all have a wonderful Saturday! faye

Last edited by gma22; 04-30-2011 at 04:45 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:03 PM   #14  

Good Morning, Flowers! We got up to "wet" but the sun is shining right now. The wind is making it feel cold when I went out to feed the squirrels.. Not much going on today around here. I should do some serious cleaning, but may wait. Bob and Jason are going to meet at the cabin tomorrow to work on jacking up the shed so the doors won't drag on the ground and put sheet rock back on the ceiling leak hole. It's too soon, and too cold, to start cleaning up there for the summer.

"Gma" -- You were up early this morning! I do hope you got some more sleep later. I will send good vibes that the doggy yogurt will help Fortune. I"ll bet you look spiffy with your new hair cut and color. I don't know who the gal was walking into the church, but she was taller than and looked much younger than the man she was with. Her dress showed way too much of her fake boobs! I still think Charles is a dud and Carmilla a nasty person for carrying on with him after he married Diana. Like Diana said in an interview, "there were three people in this marriage from the beginning!"

I have laundry to get started and a dishwasher to unload. I wonder how women got all their chores done before modern appliances did it for them. No wonder they were skinny minnies! Have a super Saturday and enjoy your day!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 04-30-2011, 03:24 PM   #15  
Thin Within

Talking Simply Sunny Sunday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a beautiful sunny day here in the Heartland. The decals look so trick on the Jeep. He did a bang up job on that Jeep crawling up over the Rubicon lettering. He also said they should last for 8 to 10 years. I had 7 more dings today on that debit card so I called the issue place and they are shutting down that card and transfering what money I told them was being put back on it from that other company and I will get it in 7 to 10 days. I am sure they had a way of checking if I was telling the truth about that money being put back on because they didn't hesitate to say they would transfer it over to a new card. Those money card folks are real nice to deal with and efficient. Before I load any money from now on I'll check if there was any action on the card and if so I'll just get a new one and start over. I will get a new one every couple months anyway. I only load the amount of money that I want to use right then anyway. Those creeps out there are quick. We got some veggie plants today that will go in the garden and some creeping low lying flowering plants that I don't have the name for that will go nicely in the front beds under the windows. AH Spring is here.

DONNA FAYE You were certainly an early riser. Poor little Fortune not up to snuff. You are such a good mommie to him. Our two are out and about this day frolicking in the sun. Beanie especially loves outside. Bet your hair is great. I get mine cut on Monday then I will color it.

JEAN We are avoiding the hoopla on the TV. Summertime again and fun at the lake has its cost doesn't it. Repairs. But what fun you will have with your family there.

GAIL & SUSAN Hope your Saturday is going well. Fun in the sun.

Have a lovely afternoon Magnolias. Type at y'all later. It is almost 2:30 and I need to rustle up some lunch.