Herbal Magic Thread #4

You're on Page 7 of 34
Go to
  • My goodness has life been hectic and cruddy this week.
    BUT Thankfully I have stayed on the HM path.
    I went for my W.I this morning and Im a lb down since Wednesday so Im happy with that.
    I now have 12.2lbs left to hit my goal.......
    total weight lost is 43.8 lbs.
    I have switched things up
    I am trying to follow my goal of switching my eating habits.. small breaky medium lunch and big supper to the opposite.
    Bigger breaky medium lunch to a light supper.
    A shake for breaky now cause I was starting to find the cereal and fruits in the am werent cutting it so the shake keeps me full.
    Then my scetti meals for lunch with a veggie and a fruit normally.... then a protein and salad for supper...... its helping me burn off the big things through the day instead of sitting with them for the evening and bed.... seems to be helping!!
    Good job ladies with the losses!!
  • I'm trying to change it up a bit as well. I tend to eat the same things over and over. Can't wait for the bloody rain to stop so I can get out there and root around in the garden! WI today and I am the same as wednesday, blah! Oh well, at least I'm not up. 16 lbs to go, and it can't come soon enough!
  • Omg!! Omg!! Omg!!

CAN YOU TELL I HAVE SOME EXCITING NEWS???? lol

I went shopping at lunch...OMG! I was wearing size 18 jeans (Reitmans style)... bought some size 15 today!! OMG! Even the shirts...I mean in some styles, it's LARGE... other it's X-large but that's ok... I couldn't fit in those anymore...I had to shop on the Plus size for the 1X sometimes 2X...

I realized right then & there that I had lost SO much weight... I couldn't believe it. I'm so happy.
  • Woohoo!!! Congratulations!! That's awesome!!

I am hoping to lose a little more before I go shopping but I can definitely feel a difference in the clothes I have been wearing so hopefully I 'll have some similar celebrating to do
  • See...I wanted to wait TOO...but I didn't have a choice really...When people tell you that you NEED a new pair of jeans...that's when you need to go.
    I knew it... I knew it 2 weeks, I knew it last week...but now, it's ridiculous... I could remove them without unzipping! lol

So I bought only one pair...and they should fit me well for another 20 pounds I'm guessing... I think LOL
  • Woot! Good for you Chantal!! I'm holding out too, but I'll need new bras soon, or I may have a "costume malfunction" soon. Good work girls!!
  • Quote: I'll need new bras soon, or I may have a "costume malfunction" soon.
  • What a great feeling Chantal! That is awesome news! You are doing awesome! Same to the rest of you who need new clothes! We are doing this!

I lost my required 2lbs for the week and now that I am able to do a little more physically I think that I shall do at least that or better in the days to come. Wouldn't it be great to be down another 1lb by Monday? I think I shall shoot for that!
  • Where are Michele and Lady and UFF and all of the many others who are MIA? I hope that this isn't a bad sign about how they are progressing or about how their health is doing... they have all worked so hard and have been such an encouragement to the rest of us. Sending prayers and happy thoughts your way girls!
  • Hey Ladies!!
    I have not been on in a long time! Just thought I would check in, i see everyone seems to be doing awsome! I finally have under 10lbs to go. I guess it is 8lbs now!
    Since Monday I have been doing the VHP's, I don't know if anyone eles has done them or not.
    My center has me doing one VHP for Breakfast, 5 oz chicken 3 cup veggie for lunch, and then another VHP for supper. Then my water of course.
    It is not too bad but I can honestly say that I would be willing to eat just about anything right now, I am sooo hungry. O well It works! I was stuck for quite awhile and then I started the shakes and from monday - wednesday I was down 3 lbs!
    Anyway sorry about the long post but I was wondering if anyone eles has done this and how they did???
    Thanks I hope everyone has a good weekend!
  • CONGRATS everybody for the losses again! Chantel... that's VERY exciting news. I'm down just about 12 lbs and I'm starting to feel a difference in my clothes. I have acquired such a 'stretchy' wardrobe, that in hindsight, was much too tight.... everything fits so much better now.

Keough... what's a VHP...? Congrats on nearing your goal.... does the plan change much once you get closer to reaching your goal?
  • Ohhhh by the way.... my last weight in, I broke into the 90's.... what a great feeling. I was a little more emotional than I had anticipated... but it felt AWESOME. To treat myself... I'm going to re-vamp my underwear. I've found that the more I lost my confidence by gaining weight, the more my undie collection suffered! My good ones are tattered and everything else was bought to suck in giggly bits...
  • Keough: Are those the shakes? I wonder how your body will react when you go back to eating "meals" instead of VHPs, has your centre commented at all? I'm drinking one of the chocolate shakes right now for the first time and all I can say is Mmmmmmmm. These are great! Wouldn't mind replacing all meals with these. Yum! Congrats on all the hard work!!

Nicole: I hear ya about the underwear, my underwear drawer needs a complete overhaul!
  • I think VHP stands for Very High Protein non? I didn't know that HM recommended those kinds of approaches for plateau breaking. It sounds kind of like doing slimfast or something to me... but that is ok... Keough you have been successful doing this and have lost 3lbs quickly. Good job! Hopefully with centre support you will be able to reintegrate into real food and will appreciate it that much more! I know I would...

My official weightloss for the week is 2.7lbs and 4 3/4 inches .. not bad for one week! I am on an exercise regime now so I think that will really help. I got the speech today again about being behind (by their calculations by 9 weeks) but whatever.... according to MY schedule I am doing great and I will continue doing what I am doing!
  • The shakes are yummy. Chocolate is my favorite then the strawberry then the vanilla is DEAD last lol. I know some people add fruit to the shakes I never have yet but some like them better that way
    The VHP shakes count as 1 protein 1 starch and 1 fat. They are also very filling. I have started having one for breakfast as I noticed my usual fruit and cereal wasnt cutting it til lunch anymore.
    This weekend has been good so far. trying to behave myself stole about 4 of my daughters fries at burger king yesterday afternoon but thats about it.
    For lunch Im finishing off my starch for the day. 3/4 cup of special k 1 cup strawberries and 1/2 cup of carrots. Tonight for supper will be a bbq'd chicken breast salad and cheese. yummy.
    Hope everyones having a good weekend!!