3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Herbal Magic Thread #4

Old 05-26-2009, 01:15 AM   #61

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Height: 5'8"

So nice to hear from all of you and read about some great losses! I went to the centre today for my wi and was only down .4 pounds. My last wi was Saturday and I was there much later in the day than usual so I am happy enough with that for today and hope to see much more when I go in again later in the week.

The greatest part of the day though....I ran into a woman at the grocery store today (our kids went to pre-school together last year) and she said "Wow! You look great!" And I am assuming that she is talking about my hair because I got done a few days ago and have been getting lots of comments on it. But then she says "Your hair looks awesome and you've lost weight! I can totoally see it in your face!"

I'm telling you...she made my day! She is the first person to comment on any weight loss (even my husband...who clearly KNOWS what I'm doing...has not said a thing!!) so there was an extra bounce in my step for the rest of the day!

As for my centre, there seems to be an ever changing staff there (or maybe just lots of them??) but I certainly have my favorites...and ones I don't really care for. I'd say I get positive reinforcement but not much specific motivation...but I rarely go in with questions or anything and my weight loss has been slow and steady so there hasn't really been anything earth shattering there to talk about I guess.
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:40 AM   #62

S/C/G: 228.6/196.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Hey all!!

So I went in for my WI yesterday from working night shift all weekend..with my licorice, iced capp, and 1/4 buttered bagel indulgence I was up a whole......0.6 pounds which is ok with me. I think my center gets mad when I don't react to my gains. I think they almost expect me to break down and cry or something. I am ahead by 6 pounds so a little slip up now and again is not a big deal to me. Considering what I used to eat... to what I am eating and enjoying I am OK with it all. As long as the weight is coming off at a steady rate I am OK. I went on my treadmill last night and I am starting to jog for 2 minutes at a time with my walking... NOW that is an accomplishment for me!!!

I have a doctors appt today so I will see what my BP is, weight, ECG, and see what my blood work shows. I will let you guys know.

Does anyone do any weight training?? My arms are jiggly and I bought my husband the PX90 workout and I would love to do some of it for toning.. I used to do kickboxing a while back so I think there is muscle under all the softness but I don't want to gain on the scale with it.

Well I will catch up later with an update take care all...

lee2lee
Old 05-26-2009, 01:00 PM   #63
Success is a journey

S/C/G: 200/173/140

Height: 5'5

Lee: Check out this link.. it will answer your question about weight gain and strength training. It is a fun little informative quiz. (hope the link works)

http://www.divine.ca/en/fitness-and-...html?nl_id=120

mememegogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:32 PM   #64
Cari L.

S/C/G: 163/153/125

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies! Thanks for the feedback on your centers.

I am now on my 3rd week and and down to 3 HM center visits in a week. Mon-Wed-Fri instead of the daily visits that I did the first 2 weeks. So I'm hoping that I still be as motivated to stay on program. Yesterday I had too many cheats than I'd like. So, today I am vowing to be a good girl! LOL

Hope everyone is also motivated and staying on program so we'll all see that scale moving down!

Have a great day ladies and don't forget to drink that water.

My canned salmon lunch is calling my name....

~Cari
HappyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:45 PM   #65
Chocoholic

S/C/G: 151/ 119 /120

Height: 5 feet tall & bullet proof!

The girls at my HM centre are pretty good! Although the owner gets under my skin.
I feel ya momo, I have lost 18 plus pounds and not a soul has noticed, but thats ok, I feel great and thats what matters! WI tomorrow a.m, will let you all know. Cheers!

Whether you think you can or think you canít, either way, you are right! -
~Henry Ford~

witchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:10 PM   #66
Success is a journey

Don't you love bbq season?!? Grilled chicken breast, roasted peppers and baby potatoes! YUM!

I mostly like all of the girls at my centre.... except for the one I didn't really know who gave me the big sales pitch. NO THANKS! I mean, if someone has to give a sales pitch and the 'your behind schedule speech' it should at least be someone who knows me! Overall however I like my centre as they understand that I have special needs at this time and they encourage me no matter what.

Good luck with WI tomorrow Witchie. I'm sure you'll knock their socks off! And someday soon someone will notice how hard you are working and how fabulous you look and feel!

Last edited by mememegogirl : 05-26-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:19 PM   #67
healthy is SEXY

S/C/G: 210.4/191/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey guys! It's been a while since I've had a chance to read up on everybody's progress... good job on the losses! I made the most satisfying supper tonight and I thought I'd share it with everyone! It's easy enough to make in a hurry when you have the protein bits prepared ahead of time, and I made the exact same portion size for my bf and he lovvvvvved it!!

4oz lean ground beef
1- 6" tortilla
4 TBSP of salsa
1 cup of lettuce
1/2 cup of peppers
spray of Pam Olive Oil

So what I did was spray the 6" tortilla with pam, placed in into a round glass dish and shaped it into a bowl...put it in the oven on 400 F until it was crispy and then tossed in the salad bits/salsa and beef... and there you go! A crispy taco salad! I liked it so much that I just baked another tortilla to put my chicken salad in tomorrow!

That's:
1 protein
1.5 veg
1 starch
1 free exchange

Does anybody else find it strange that Pam is ok for unlimited use? I questioned it at HM the other night because they told me that it wasn't ok to use that towards a fat. I use it quite a bit and there is a significant fat content in it. They told me to add in some extra olive oil regardless of how much of the spray I was using. Odd.
Nicole210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:17 AM   #68
Chocoholic

I agree with you Nicole. I use the Olive Oil Pam, and count it as a fat, regardless of what they've said. But that taco salad sounds great, you could add on a wee bit of fat free sour cream as well. Mmmmm sounds like lunch!

Thanks for the good luckage meme!

~Henry Ford~

Last edited by witchie : 05-27-2009 at 08:18 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:20 AM   #69
Chocoholic

Nicole: You should post your taco salad recipe here:
Herbal Magic Recipes Here!

~Henry Ford~

Old 05-27-2009, 09:09 AM   #70

Height: 5'8

Hi there!

I've been away for a day... I had bad pain in my lower right quadrant... close to my appendice... anyhow, went to the emergency yesterday morning.
Doesn't seem to be an appendicitis...but I'm now thinking it's probably a cyst that busted on an ovary.

I have a crappy crappy day yesterday. I ate almost no veggies, 2 fruits, more starch, not enough water...I ate chips and had a half club sandwich...
Bad, bad, bad. But... I know. When I have a crappy day, I eat this way.
Hopefully I won't have a crappy week lol

I was down 1.2 on Monday. Total of 2.2 pounds for the week. I've started week 9 yesterday... don't think I'll see a loss tonight!! I'll keep you posted.

Hope y'all are doing great!!
Old 05-27-2009, 09:34 AM   #71
Chocoholic

WI was good, I'm down 1 3/4 lbs for the week, and 2 1/2 inches. Not too shabby.
Chantal, sorry to hear about your crappy day. I used to react the same way, eat myself into oblivion when I'm having a crap day. I now cope differently (thank the gods), instead its a hot bath with a good book and a fav beverage, or some alone time, just me and my ipod and the open road. Anyhoo, better days ahead. Cheers!

~Henry Ford~

Old 05-27-2009, 09:59 AM   #72
Success is a journey

Chantal: I am sorry you had a rough day. Be gentle with yourself. It has happened to all of us. I hope you figure out your health issue. That had to have been scary! Good job on your loss for the week. You're doing great!

Witchie: Good job to you as well!

I am down just over one lb too. YAY! By Saturday (the start of my week) I should be at my minimum of 2lbs if not more. I've been setting some mini-goals for myself which helps. For example: we are going to visit friends in Alberta in the beginning of July. She is losing weight too. If we work hard at it we can go have some girl time together as our reward for achieving a mini-goal. I have 4 weeks. To be at or to have surpassed 30lbs lost by then would be great!

Also, I want to free up money for more fun stuff in the near future by completing my program on time. Besides, it feels so good to be shrinking! What motivates all of you?

Old 05-27-2009, 10:12 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by mememegogirl View Post
What motivates all of you?
For me... it's visualizing myself in my new clothes, actually ENJOYING a shopping spree, walking in my bikini comfortably, BEING ME, freeing me I guess... I feel wrapped up in this fat...hiding.

I want to be the outgoing me again...and be out there and proud of who I am!!

2 years ago, I got control of our spending habits... we weren't too good with managing our money. 2 years later, we are doing SO awesome.

Now, the next thing on my list was weight... I knew I had to change something...I was sooo unhappy!
Old 05-27-2009, 10:40 AM   #74
Chocoholic

Chantal, it sounds like you are doing what you need to do to get where you want to be, so keep on going, one foot in front of the other.

meme: Good for you! A trip to Alberta, wow sounds like fun!

~Henry Ford~

Old 05-27-2009, 02:18 PM   #75

I forgot my book at home...

Is Sour Cream dairy or FE? And what's the portion?
Thinking about doing that Taco Salad for dinner
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.