Old 07-14-2009, 08:10 AM   #481  
banned

Height: 5'8

cgy girl - if you feel you should go off the pill, you go off them. I've had some issues with the pills...The only one I can take is Chromium. And they wanted me to try the other one and I refused. I have IBS (irratable bowel syndrome) and like...I really don't feel like being a guinea pig. I've had a horrible 2 months and now, I've been fine for close to 2 months.
LISTEN TO YOUR BODY - YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN TELL.

Better life - way to go for your WL!! Isn't it excited when you feel it in your clothes??? it's the best feeling

sunny gal - it is hard...no one said it would be easy My goal is to lose at least 1 pound per week... Like this week, I've lost 3 pounds...way over my 1 pound...but I'll those week where maybe...i won't be able to lose as much and it's ok. It's not a race...but I need to keep on running...even if it's a little slower!
Chantal0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:14 AM   #482  
banned

So I had a good weekend...cheated a bit cause it was my husband's bday...but all in all, did pretty well considering I lost 1.2 pounds from Thursday night.

I had a little surprise over the weekend...and honestly, I needed to share with you guys.

My sis-in-law is doing Bernstein. She comes over on Sun for hubby's bday...opens my fridge and sees my little chocolate shakes... She goes "OH, it's the same same thing!". She then asks me how much I pay... I say $24...and then she says "Oh my, I pay $12"...

SAME IDENTICAL PRODUCT, SAME AMOUNT...HALF PRICE...gives you an idea on how much money they make... anyhow, not here to debate - a company needs to make a profit...but what to what extent?

All this to say, that Bernstein will now get my money for those protein shakes lol
Old 07-14-2009, 12:59 PM   #483  

S/C/G: 228.6/196.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Its so Hard!!!

Ok guys its time for me to be down in the dumps!!! I went away for a soccer tournament for my eldest daughter the past weekend... left home Thursday. Soccer tournament was Friday and Saturday, and since we were in the area we went to Canada's Wonderland with the kids on Sunday. I brought my bars, and I ate out almost every day and I am up 3.4 pounds. I now find it hard to get back on track!!!! I want to sneak food left right and center!!! My TOM came this weekend to on top of that.

So reluctantly I went on Monday to get weighed in. No free exchanges, lots of water, be real good this week was the lectures I got of course. What did I do last night?? I had a beef on a bun at the Ymca where my daughter takes swimming lessons, and a pecan butter tart!!!! OMG!!!! what is the matter with me??? She had camp all day until 4, swimming was at 5 pm, my other daughter had a soccer game at 7 pm and we were out all afternoon buying her new hockey equipment. Totally not prepared. YIKES!!!!! But the interesting part of all this... I took my products faithfully all weekend with every meal....HMMM

I hope I can wrap my head around the program and do better. I was on a roll and I was doing so well... almost past the 200's and I blew it!!! And the bad thing is I am going to Darien Lake with my family, my niece and a friend of my daughters is going to. We leave Saturday and come back Monday. Good thing we will be BBq alot and I have a fridge, salad, chicken, and bars it will be.

I want to be in the 190's by the end of August, do you think thats possible???

Anyone find replacements for the very expensive bars??? I know there were 2 posts before. I want to research at my super store, they have alot of bars and things in the organic health food section. I cut the nutrition labels off the boxes of Herbal Magic bars, write on the back whether they are a meal replacement, protein, free exchange, or protein/free exchange bars and stick them in my purse so when I am going there I can compare them with other brands.

I hope everyone else is having a better time at this than I am!!!

Lee2Lee
lee2lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:22 PM   #484  
banned

lee2lee - this is normal...it's summer! Give yourself a break. It isn't a race...
I was there too...and I was becoming obsessed and OVERLY judgemental which is NO GOOD for your self-esteem.

YOU'VE COME THIS FAR - EXACTLY! You're AMAZING!! SO what... you went off the wagon... I find it's so easy for me now to get back on...knowing that it's ok...knowing that I don't judge myself.

Yes, I could be 10 pounds ahead... but I'm not and it's ok.

You'll be ok... be happy, accept what is... Acceptance is everything!
You can do ANYTHING with the power of your mind.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:29 AM   #485  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Height: 5'8"

I had a difficult weekend too (a few more glasses of wine than I should have and a handful of chips here and there) and I feel like crap.

My scale at home has moved up a bit but hopefully will get back down soon. I was supposed to go in for wi to day but ran out of time so will try to stop in tomorrow.

The good news of the day, however, is I did a quick bit of shopping today (I have been totally procrastinating the whole new clothes thing) and I bought a size I am pretty happy about.

Before I started HM, most of my pants were a 22...with the odd 20 thrown in. Today, I was wearing a pair of capris that were a 20 and they were literally falling off of me so I had to stop in the mall and buy something that I didn't have to hold up while I walked.

I brought several sizes into the fitting room and walked out ....

with a 16!!! Yahoo!!

So despite my crappy weekend and the fact that I have not exercised for a week, my spirits are not totally crushed. Here's hoping for an okay wi tomorrow and back on plan for the week.

Lee2lee: I know that I have been finding it hard not to cheat ever since the weekend. I think it "triggered" something in me and I need to really refocus. <<sigh>> Never gets easy does it?
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:13 PM   #486  
Manager

S/C/G: 176.2/115.2/120

Height: 5'1"

Good Evening ladies
I too have been having trouble behaving myself these days. So much good food out and about with BBQ's and Weddings and other such things. I think its ok to eat off our menu so long as we make smart choices and watch our portion sizes
I have been holding steady at 119 even with one more starch and one more fruit. Im stuffed sitting here and I still have a fruit to eat lol.
BIG NEWS

I have been asked for a couple months now to join the Herbal Magic Team. I was asked again and have decided to take them up on it. Full time position plus Ill keep working my old job when I have days off or go in some evenings to do work there.
BUSY BUSY!!!
Heres to a good week ladies. If ya start tipping the bike a bit hold on straighten things out and keep on. Dont beat yourself up if you slip a lil bit we all do it!!! Just remember to try and be smart about your choices
Take care all and I hope you guys come back more often!!!
Dria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:46 PM   #487  

S/C/G: 205/202/150

Height: 5'9.5

Hi everyone,

I'm back...

Totally fell off the wagon with a complete THUDDDD! Spent a week feeling completely depressed which I stuffed down with cherry cheesecake, rye, wine and KFC. That's the bad news.

The good news is that I'm feeling much better, I'm seeing a psychiatrist and I'm back on the pills. Tomorrow I start the diet over again. I just hope I can break out of this pattern of mine.

Seven more sleeps until vacation and even though I'll not have a great diet while camping for two weeks, I'll have plenty of time to do some soul searching about why I do this. Hopefully I'll come back better prepared to deal with life. In the mean time, I'm totally back on track starting tomorrow.

Good luck to all of you dealing with your own demons, hope you push through and conquor them!

Dria, you are still an inspiration, hope you keep posting on here!

Chantal, That totally rocks that you are able to lose so much weight without being on the pills (except chromium)! Let's face it, as much as the pills support our weight loss, I truly believe that 75% of it is our diet.

Oh, and I never did make it under 200 lbs. My d*** body refused to go under. Here's to another 'kick at the cat' before holidays!
cgy girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:55 PM   #488  

Does anyone know how to have your ticker post automatically instead of having to cut and past every time?

Last edited by cgy girl; 07-15-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:50 AM   #489  
banned

Dria - that's awesome girl !! I hope you like it. You made me think of something...yesterday I saw this girl walking in for a first meeting...she had like NOTHING to lose...maybe 10-15 pounds at the most!! I almost told her to turn around... I mean, I understand when you have 30-40-50 pounds or more...but I was sad to see her spend SO MUCH money for 15 pounds... *sigh*

cgy girl - it's all good - you'll be ok! Keep it up darling!!! You'll get there....always get back on the wagon...
And about the ticker...I don't know about yours but I know with mine - it updates automatically once I update it on my ticker website...no need to update it here...
Old 07-17-2009, 07:52 AM   #490  
banned

Pretty quiet these days...either people are on vacations, really busy or falling off the wagon and not coming back...

I'm doing real good! WI last night - lost 2.6 pounds since Monday...lost 3.5 inches! I'm at 38.5 inches and 35 pounds - woot woot!

Happy happy!!
Old 07-17-2009, 10:06 AM   #491  

Chantal, way to go on your loss!! And thanks for the encouragement! I'm holding steady right now, ready to start losing again.

Happy Friday and have a great weekend ladies!
Old 07-17-2009, 10:56 AM   #492  

S/C/G: 228.6/196.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Ok I need a kick in the butt..

I have stayed the same 201.8.. lost the weight that I gained on the tournament weekend I lost 1.8 pounds this week which puts me back to the weight I was on July 6th. SO now I am only ahead by 1 pound instead of four pounds. Yikes that is close. I was told by my center that I need to loose 0.2 pounds by Monday to be on track... and I am going away this weekend!!! I can only do what I can do.. I am only human.

I find that I am sneaking things... A handful of chips here, a handful of licorice pieces here, a slice of bacon here... NOT GOOD!!! What is wrong... and no TOM is not coming has been here and gone. FOCUS!!!! HELP ME!!!

I hope everyone's weekend is a good one. We are leaving later on Saturday so I can catch up on the news here. Take care and I hope everyone has good loses this week.

lee2lee
lee2lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:48 AM   #493  
banned

I find the more I struggle with how I feel, the worst it gets...but if I let the energy flow and ACCEPT that I am having a hard time, and be gentle with myself... then all falls back into place.

I'm sorry to say this to you...but what is "ON TRACK"? According to who?
I mean... this isn't a race people...we have A LOT more to deal with here then WL and most of us will come face to face with it at some point.

Be good to yourself...allow this period to flow by...and it will.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:48 PM   #494  

S/C/G: 222.6/210.4/150

Hi everyone! Been a while since I was on, but I have been struggling with my decisions. I too find that I am sneaking in a little bit here and there...and that has only caused me to stagnant in my weight loss. The good news is that I am taking a new look at my decisions and it has paid off. Despite my TOM I lost 1.2 pounds...just hope I can keep it up.

Has anyone used protein powder as part of their diet? The kind you get at GNC, etc? I tried a scoop today with my banana, grapefruit and skim milk. It was very filling and quite tasty! Just not sure if I should be using the protein powder!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
loma boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 07:16 PM   #495  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Height: 5'8"

Hello all! With summer holidays upon us, I have been finding it hard to get in to my weigh ins but I was there today and I lost 2.4 pounds and I have passed the 45 pound mark! Yahoo!

I had stalled at the beginning of the week but this weigh in made up for it.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Last edited by momof5k; 07-18-2009 at 07:17 PM.
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote