Herbal Magic Thread #4

You're on Page 2 of 34
Go to
  • I am stopping at the centre for my wi tonight and am a bit nervous. The scale doesn't seem to have moved at home...maybe even inched slightly up over the weekend...despite staying on the program and exercising every day for the last week!

GGRRRR!

Wish me luck
  • good luck!

witchie: congrats on being half way there!

I was up 3/4lbs today blaaaaah about that! Mini goal for tomorrow's WI is to get it off!

Keep it up everyone!
  • I hear ya! I too was up 0.8lbs after the long weekend. This morning WI said I was down 0.6 so that's good...however I too want it gone! I have my measurements tomorrow morning so hoping for some good news there. It was hard to stay on track throughout the weekend. Today was a good day staying on program. Even got up at 6am and hit the treadmill. Hope tomorrow is just as good.

Good luck to everyone with their WI's and here's to great losses!
  • Lee: Have you tried making a homemade veggie soup? I don't have a recipe offhand but I know you can get low sodium chicken broth, beef broth, veggie broth and then all you have to do is throw in whatever to make it taste as you want. If it were me I would use lots of tomatoes, garlic, small bits of broccolli, carrots, celery, parsley, add a bay leaf and presto. Just a thought. I am also a huge fan of the sweet potato fry....

I had to eat out this evening. Olive garden. I think I made wise choices and I had time to plan ahead for it. I didn't overeat anything .. I just have to counteract the sodium ingestion. I don't weigh-in until later this week ... hopefully all of my diligence will bring me to at least 178lbs. Good luck this week everyone and welcome to our newbies.
  • Well the wi wasn't as bad as I thought it might have been. I am actually down 1.8 pounds since Saturday and 1 inch since last week. That brings my total to 21.8 pounds gone and 17 inches.

Thanks for the welcome! Let's all keep it comng off!!
  • Herbal magic is in trouble!!!>>>>
    I came across a post under search forums by a woman titled Mrs wolf who heard a radio advertisement from Herbal magic that upset her greatly. The woman took offense to the following statement that she heard in the advertisement. And I quote " Let's face it ladies we'd all be sexier if we were a little thinner." Siting concerns that people who have eating disorders may portray themselves as not worthy of attention if they are not skinny and sexy. Why would Herbal Magic use such a statement. There are alot of negative thoughts about Herbal Magic as is and now this. Emails have been sent to the radio station banning the ads, and Herbal Magic.. as well as the advertising standards for breach of "advertising codes" or something like that. She has not received any responses yet. Bad PR thats for sure.

I did not go in yesterday for my weigh in like I was supposed to but I am going in today its measurement day. I have worked the last 2 nights so we will see what happens on the scale from Friday. I have to loose the 1.2 I gained last week.

Made a delicious salad. Nothing outrageous but good. I took my lettuce, tomatoe, cucumbers and added 1/2 cup whole wheat pasta to it . Then I made the dressing. 1 tsp oil 1 tsp vegan mayo( no egg, no dairy made with grape seed oil) I like the taste of it... blend then add a smidgen of dijon mustard and a smidgen of honey and blend. Add to the salad... man I am having that again. The amount of honey was minute as well as the dijon so I will not be obssessed with the whether you can have it or not. I haven't had any pasta since I started because a 1/2 cup is not worth the effort for me because I am a carb person so I know it won't satisfy me.. and not giving up FE for spaghetti sauce either!!!! But having it in the salad gave it an interesting and yummy twist that satisfied my craving for pasta. Yummy.

I apologize for the book writing that I do... but I always have lots to say for some reason!!!! sorry!!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions for vegetables!!!!

Take care and happy measurements and weigh ins!!!! LOL!!

Lee2lee
  • WI and measurements this a.m. I'll let you all know.

Lee: Salad sounds yummy, I may just try that.
  • WOW... I had to read 5 days worth of posts... GEEEZ!! hahaha

I'll make this brief cause I cannot comment on 5 days worth of posts!

WELCOME to all the newbies! Glad many of you are seeing the link I posted on the HM Facebook Group!

My long, long weekend wasn't great! I gained 1 pound yesterday at WI.
    My bowels are also screwed up (whenever I change my "routine") so it'll be back on track.

At my WI on Friday, I was down again - 229!! WOOT-WOOT!
    Wow...what a feeling to be below 230 and far from 250!!
    Can't wait to be below 200!!

Nothing too exciting to share! I'm going back again tonight for a WI & measurements. Let's hope I lost that 1 pound!!
    I have 8 weeks left for my mini-goal...and 13 pounds to go

Lee - that's really too bad about that HM ad...I mean... I wonder who actually SIGNED to release this...anyone would know how controversial it would be.
  • Down half a pound, and almost 30 inches all together. WI again on Fri.
  • witchie WTG!! 30 inches! That is awesome!
  • ACK!!! Help! MY husband just informed me that we are going out for dinner iwth some business associates tonight and we are going out for Chinese food! What am I going to eat that won't completely screw me up tonight?
  • Chinese dinner and a happy dance LOL
    if I were to go out to chinese I would load up on salad, and shrimp, have a little bit of a treat not much you could do about it just do your best.

Went in for my WI and I am down again I lost that pound I am down to 213.8 which is 14.8 pounds since April 20/2009 and I lost 10 inches in total. I lost 2 pounds since May 15/09.

Fasting now for blood work in am... physical on Tuesday next week. Will be interesting to see what my blood work shows. I am feeling good.

Hope everyone had success on the scales

lee2lee
  • Whew its been hectic here!!
    firstly sorry to throw everyone into one general comment but......

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO HAD A LOSS!!!!! Keep up the fantastic work. I dont care if it was 2.5lbs or .2lbs a loss is a loss. And to those holding steady thats ok too. Plateau's happen!!!

I am halfway through week 15
    And as of this morning I am 42.2lbs lighter!!!
    So I have 13.8 more lbs to go!!!
    As of Monday I had 51" missing from this body too!!!!
    Sorry I dont have much time for an update or catching up. Soon!!!
    Keep up the great work ladies day by day!!!
  • Reading these posts are very motivating! Thanks girls!

Today was my first measurement day...down 5 inches! Woo Hoo! Only down 2.0 lbs in my first week but the inches are exciting! My clothes are fitting better and I'm feeling great!
  • Quote:
    ACK!!! Help! MY husband just informed me that we are going out for dinner iwth some business associates tonight and we are going out for Chinese food! What am I going to eat that won't completely screw me up tonight?
    Chinese restaurants are the easiest places to eat at when you are trying to stay on the wagon. Just request a stir fry of your preference, no sauce, no rice, no noodles. Spice it up with the Mrs dash & Tobasco you have hiding in your purse & voila, no excess calories or sodium etc & no guilt. I count these as: 1 pro, 3 veg, cause the portion sizes are usually HUGE!