Old 06-11-2009, 09:23 AM   #211  
On my way...

S/C/G: 237/ticker/187

Height: 5'8"

Chantal - I hear you, sister!! When I read your posts I sometimes feel like I've written them myself ! My issues - with food, emotions etc - are very similar. The biggest difference between us at this time is that you weigh 29 lbs less than you did on March 30th. Wish I could say the same ! LOL!

I've never heard of Geneen Roth or any or her (his?) books and believe me I've done my share of reading. I'm going to look into these. I've read so many diet/food/lifestyle books but what it comes down to is following the plans. And this is where I fail. I always laugh when I see the Dr. Bernstein commercials on tv and they talk about all the weight you can lose on this plan and written, in very small letters, on the screen is "*Program compliance required*". That's my problem - compliance!! I could write books about weight loss, counsel others, tell you exactly how to lose weight - I just can't comply ! That's why I'm hoping HM will be different.

As far as your upcoming plans, and the temptations that come with them, deal with them one at a time. Altogether, they seem so overwhelming. And remember - you can't be 100% perfect, 100% of the time. (Ironic that this is a diet support group and I'm telling you it's okay to slip up.) I'm in the same boat - many many temptations coming up and I have no self control! When I'm in these situations I "forget' that I'm on a diet. Really, I forget. There's a habit that I need to change.

Anyway, I'm hoping to hear from HM today to follow up on yesterday's appointment. Hoping that they'll offer a financial incentive to join right away. Otherwise, I'll be calling them tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day!
sunnygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:30 AM   #212  
On my way...

Thank you ladies for the "warm" welcome.

I have a feeling we're going to really get to know each other!

Sunny (but sometimes Shady! - hee hee)
Old 06-11-2009, 12:23 PM   #213  
Chocoholic

S/C/G: 151/ 119 /120

Height: 5 feet tall & bullet proof!

Quote:
many many temptations coming up and I have no self control!
I hear ya, this was one of my more popular sayings, along with "I have no will power". One thing that was key for me was changing my internal dialogue. Rather than saying "I have no self control etc". When I'm in a risky situation I begin saying over and over to myself " I am in complete control.
witchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:50 PM   #214  
banned

Height: 5'8

Sunny - Geneen is fabulous. Look up her site! I'm really sad that she gives no seminar in Canada. Only in the US. Maybe one day

When food is love is one of her great books!
Feeding the Hungry heart is good also.
I have another one (which has mostly exercises in it) but I can't remember the name.

Rhonda Britten ALSO is great. "Fearless Loving", "Fearless Living" and "Do I look fat in this?" are great, great books... She's been through A LOT of emotional stuff and her weight struggle was linked directly to those.

Are you on Facebook? There's also a HM group on FB but it's less active then this one.
Chantal0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:12 PM   #215  
Manager

S/C/G: 176.2/115.2/120

Height: 5'1"

See my mentality changed when I decided the only thing I CAN control in this life is what Im putting in my body. That means no eating out cause who knows whats in it.......

So there is my control freak attitude........ lol
Dria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:10 PM   #216  
Success is a journey

S/C/G: 200/173/140

Height: 5'5

UGH!!!! I think many of us are in the same boat. There is much more to losing weight than people realize.

I have some catch up to do because of some difficult days last week. Since Tuesday I am already down 3.4lbs so that is a good start. Hopefully by Saturday I will be back to where I was at prior to my 'difficult days'. I am dealing with some really, really tough decisions right now for my kids and it is taking a great deal of willpower to keep it together. I am doing it but man... it is HARD!!!!!!!!
mememegogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:31 PM   #217  
Success is a journey

I forgot to mention...
Chocolate VHP + 2 heaping tsp instant coffee + an entire tray of ice cubes + 14 oz cold water and splenda to taste is TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who look longingly at Timmies every day as they advertise ice capps, etc... look no more! The above combination makes a HUGE serving and it has extra water in it and fills you right up! I am very, very pleased with it! Try it if you dare.... mwuhahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-11-2009, 07:50 PM   #218  
Chocoholic

Yup I love the chocolate VHP wish they werent so darn expensive!
Old 06-11-2009, 08:53 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 177/172.4/120

Height: 5.3

Hello fellow losers

I am new to HM, this is my 2nd week. The first week went awesome I lost 4 lbs and I was all

Then I got the flu could not eat, did not want to take the supplements just in case they interfere with the meds and having had no time to prepare for the week since I fell sick on the weekend the rest of this week is also a bust

But I AM NOT A QUITTER!!!!!!!!!! Well actually I have quit on so many diets already I don't know how true that statement is.

Dria, you and I have the same-ish start weight and goal weight WOOHOO and you have done so fabulously well which is truly inspiring for me so I know it can be done. Any tips?!?!?!?!?

Chantal, you have some amazing numbers toooooooooo and I'm glad to see you did not give up Life is always throwing things at us and we would not be human bengs if we were not capable of knocking every curve ball out of the park.............

SunnyGal I so connect with you on the COMPLIANCE part.....I have the exact same problem.I understand the pgm I can teach people several plans and explain everything about weight loss and how the body does it and blah blah blah but then when it come to sticking to it and following it ...............I LOSE OUT no actually I GET LAZY

So I am hoping that you guys help keep me on the straight and narrow
Aditi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:18 AM   #220  
3rd time's a CHARM

S/C/G: 274/259/210

Height: 5'7

uh oh girlies! The grad weekend eating CAUGHT UP! I was up a 1lb today!! And today I ate out for dinner with my boyfriend had PASTA dun dun dun. This weekend is gonna be water works for sure haha.

Chantal, and everyone else who has been feeling emotional and icky... I know it is only words, but we REALLY ARE here for one another and I'm glad you've brought it to the table. Keep your head up and postive thoughts flowing. I know it's hard, I've been there too. But once you round the corner again to the 'better' days you start to gain a sense of accomplishment and relief!

WELCOME TO THE NEWBIES TOO.

(def gonna try that VHP concoction)
chunksoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:36 AM   #221  
Chocoholic

Welcome new persons!!
Old 06-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #222  
Success is a journey

I would like to know how old everyone is and life stage.
I'll go first:
I am 35, mother of two and married.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:43 AM   #223  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Welcome to all the newbies!

I am 37, married and a mother of five.
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:58 AM   #224  
banned

Height: 5'8

I am 28 (turning 29 next Friday), married, no kids.
Chantal0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:31 AM   #225  
On my way...

I'm 42, married, 2 kids.