Old 05-17-2009, 03:04 PM   #91  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

KATHY...I didn't see you online when I posted earlier. Of course not sure if it is the site or my computer but posting is proving to be a challenge...have to refresh the page just to get to the page I click on and thought I lost several posts, ugh! Need to figure it out and see what's up...really frustrating to type for so long and lose a post! We had some bad storms move in Friday evening but are finally drying up...supposed to be nice all week so hoping everything will dry up so there can be a picnic! I am so jealous! I love Terri Clark! Hope you have fun! Funny to see Cambrie play...all the kids are so sidetracked and not really into playing. Of course her games haven't started, just practice...they start the 28th. Chase's first four games were cancelled due to the rain but they made up one, tried to make up another but the other team didn't show and then another make-up game will be the 28th...thank goodness both his and Cambrie's are at the same park...this time anyway. I have heard of Tami Hoag...but I am not sure I have read anything by her...I think I have, but not sure. Would have to look her up.

SUE...will be thinking of you and you mom tomorrow. For some reason I thought your son was there until this Wed. We did re-sign with the same realtor...we are wanting to get moved so we will see...hoping it will be sometime soon I want to plant flowers and get things all pretty but knowing we might move I don't see a point...wanting to dig up almost everything and take it with us when and if we do move, lol. Wouldn't the new owners love that Well, we actually didn't put it in the contract so...I will have to see what the heck a lupine is that you and Jules are talking about...no clue what it is.

Anyway...been on the computer too long and need to go get something done!

Good day all.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:05 PM   #92  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Kathy- I forgot to ask what you thought of the Gaither concert? My daughter's paternal grandmother is cousin to Bill Gaither.

Cristina- I am not sure about the Lupines either. I saw pictures, but have no idea if I have ever seen any growing. Going to Loew's tomorrow instead of today, so I will look for some.

We are having pizza and salad for dinner...so no biggie for me tonight. I have had a slow, relaxing day. Hope you have too!

Last edited by suetalks; 05-17-2009 at 05:07 PM.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #93  
ugggg.....

Sue--I found the lupines in the seed section by accident--I was looking for ANYTHING that would grow in the shade that was a flower. I have never even heard of them before. Look preety though. I almost bought a bleeding heart plant at the Greenfest with Mom last week, I hear they grow good where ferns do well. It seems everything that grows well in the shade is not very colorful. Good luck to you and your mom with the injections. Hope they help. I have ferns that are growing wild, never thought to transplant them to other areas of the yard...hmmm..

Kathy--Katy has then green thumb or whatever color the manure pile is (j/k)...I am hit or miss, like Sue I live in the woods and shade is the problem for most plants. Finding something colorful that will survive is the challenge. Teri's friend already made arrangements to get her car fixed, he is even going to have them take care of the dent in her door where Dave (Dominic's father) had a temper tantrum and kicked it.

Cristina--sorry to hear about your arm, I've been having some problems that are sending me to the chiro every Friday. It's usually my neck but this is more my upper back and shoulder blades. Don't know what I did..chiro thinks its from carrying Dominic...he's at 29 1/2 pounds now.

Teri took the little man home...I am going to go jump in the jacuzzi tub...hope everyone else is doing ok....
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:30 PM   #94  
I can dream, can't I?

Jules, I got my ferns from s friend who was thinning hers. They are super good for shaded areas. I also transplanted some smaller wild ferns from a neighbors lot. So far they are doing well. Both types will spread like wildfire though...so make sure you really want them there. I also have hostas, catmint, zebra grass, lily of the valley and shasta daisies in the backyard where there is little sunshine. For color I added an azalea bush, but it is too soon to see how it will fare. It is in a spot with sunshine 2/3 hours a day as are my peonies. But before the flowers bloom everything is really green..no color.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:47 AM   #95  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hello

Hey All,

Well it is down right chilly outside!! It says its 46, but I think with the wind blowing it is actually a little chillier than that, but I still walked, maybe not as much as usual, but I did get out there and move! Also walked a bit inside too. I do notice that it does WAKE me up!! Which is good after sitting on my bum for hours! HA HA!

DH & I ate Salads for Dinner lastnight. I think we put too much in them though. We had Cucumbers, onions, red peppers, and mangos. I was trying to "Simulate" a salad that I get at a local restaurant here, but it wasn't the same! lol. Oh well I ate it anyways!!

DH & I only ate out ONCE on our days off too. I am so proud of us! We both are feeling MUCH MUCH better too!

Jules -- My Peonys have bloomed, both White and Pink! Of course I can't take credit for them as they were already there when we moved there, but they are perrrttty! I just hope that the cold doesn't do them in, we have a Frost Warning.........Sorry to hear that Terri was rear-ended. You know I think the main problem with the GPS is they count too much on the main roads or I dunno. Just seems like have you going in circles sometimes! lol.

Cristina -- Ok was just making sure I wasn't tickin' people off with my house and Twilight talk. hee hee. I have gotten back into reading too (obviously) lol and it is nice, kind of expands you mind instead of rotting it out like TV and the Internet does. lol. I hope your arm feels better soon!

Kathy -- Thanks. I figure if I at least walk a little, its better than doing nothing, right? I'm going to get my mom this Wed. Yes my mom and my DH get along just fine. DH and I always say we lucked out in the inlaws dept because we always here horror stories of other peoples all the time!!! I added you to my friends list on Myspace. Snow??? Wowsers! This weather is totally screwed up for sure! hee hee. Have fun seeing Terri Clark!

Sue -- Yeah, we have a few more things to do yet, but mostly all done. DH got the futon put together, so my mom now has a place to sleep! I found a boatload of pictures that I have no idea what to do with. (they are all framed) My mom is going to be helping me plant flowers when she comes. She has the green thumb. I on the other hand have the black one! lol.

Well I hope everybody is doing well.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:48 AM   #96  
One day at a time

Was online to order something and thought I would drop by with a quick HI Wanted to get the shoes ordered first thing before I forget and then exercise and have to run out for a bit. So, I will be back to do inidviduals after I get the little one off to preschool...today is her last day! Not sure when Chase's last day is but the preschool usually goes by the school districts schedule so I will have them both soon. Anywho...I'll be back a little later.

Hugs!
Old 05-18-2009, 02:55 PM   #97  
One day at a time

Okay, so I am back...

SASSY...I don't think you can ever have too many cucumbers, onions and red peppers, mango's I have no idea. Of course I am no expert and if you eat too many you may get sick, lol. But the salad sounds good...well, minus the mango's-not a fan.

JULES...yep, I would say Dominic would do that. Does the tub help at all with the pain? Would love to have a jacuzzi tub...not sure I would ever leave the bathroom! Chiro sounds good too...I quit going, guess I watch too much t.v. and hear too many bad things about going. But I know I felt great when I was going. Hope you are feeling better.

SUE...I looked them up, the lupines...they are pretty and I too can't say I have ever seen any growing anywhere. Hoping all went well at the docs today, and the pain shots help!

KATHY...how was your Teri Clark concert?

SUSAN...hoping all is well with you.

As well as everyone else...hi to Mindee, Tammy, Francie, Katy and anyone I missed

I am pooped! But I did get in 90 minutes of exercise, happy about that. Now, to just stay on track with it. And...the eating is going well. Not sure what we will do for dinner though...know we will eat out and not sure I want to make a good, healthy choice or go for the Mexican and just watch the portions. Guess I will wait and see what the hubby wants to do...going to be a late dinner though.

Today is Cambrie's last day of preschool...thinking I am repeating myself here...but will have her full days now. Told her this morning that we will have a special day once a week and go somewhere and do something, well, her and Chase of course. Speaking of Chase...he is the reason for the late dinner...he has a game this evening at 6:30 and they've been going 'til about 8'ish so...anyway...that's about all I have. Nothing special going on.

Hoping all is well with everyone, and you all are having a good day! Ciao for now
Old 05-18-2009, 07:38 PM   #98  
ugggg.....

Real quickee...got spend some time with hubby...we rode the motorcycle to work today woo hoo...I forgot how much I love it...love Dominic but having him on everyday off of the week is hard sometimes..we don't do alot, but every now and then it's fun to just jump on the bike and go....it's like having kids all over again but my Mom's not well enough to babysit yet...

Sue--we have wild azaleas and rhodadendren (?) but I haven't had much luck getting them started in our "yard". I was thinking shasta daisies needed full sun...hmmm....Lily of the valley is so dainty and prettiful....

Sassy--our friends moved into a house and the first spring summer there were suprised at all the stuff that came up...she has peonies...I'm jealous!!

Cristina--the tub and the hand held massager do work wonders. Jerry installed the tub himself so it was just the cost of the tub, heater and various odds and ends. Everyone at works keeps trying to get me to go to another chiro, but I really like this guy and his wife. She won a good bit of money at a Bingo Bonanza and is putting it back into the office. She's buying these foot baths that pull toxins out of your body...I already signed up for a session though it will be at least a month before it's ready. Will you have Chase during the summer too?

Hi to everyone else!! Mght be back later tonight...can't promise...can't get on at work anymore even to check--Big Brother is monitoring everyone's pc and time spent on it and what non-work related sites are being looked at....
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:42 PM   #99  
~Believe~

Hola,

Well tonight is my last night @ work. I took tomorrow night off and its my short week so thats it for me. Figured I can finish up some things before I go and get my mom on Wed and get myself on to a "Dayshift" sleep cycle.

Cristina -- I like Mangos, but these were actually just too ripe to be in a salad. They were just so sweet. Really good, but so sweet. I like Cucumbers, onions and Red Peppers, but we just had too many, it was a small salad. But it was still pretty good, just next time I know, less is more. lol. Aw that is nice you have extra time with Cambrie.

Jules -- Well my peonies survived, so far at least. lol. I hope they stick around for my mom to see them. My mom is going to help me pick out and plant flowers.

Well I hope you all are doing well.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 05-18-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:38 PM   #100  
I can dream, can't I?

I must have mis-spoken or got you confused here. My pain shot is not till the 26th and mom's is the 8th of June. Yeah, can't get in to these drs. very quickly. Today was one of my rougher days pain wise. Aleve wouldn't touch it...ugh.
I don't know if I actually told you..... they are now treating me for inflammation in my ribs. It is painful and they think it is what I have had for FIVE years. The Dr. said the pain gets so severe that it radiates and I can not even tell exactly where it hurts. I was swearing that it was my gall bladder or liver. Well, the tip off was when it started on my left side...no organ there..lol. Then he really pushed on all my organs and it did not hurt. Then he pushed on my ribs and I thought I was gonna throw up. I felt so dumb for not knowing it was my ribs, but he poo poohed that and said I honestly could not tell where it hurt.
So my injections are in my ribs..yikes, I am a little nervous. But I am so hoping it takes care of the pain that I have had for so long.
That's it for me right now...I am going to soak in a warm bath and hope it helps....Later chickies!
Old 05-18-2009, 11:40 PM   #101  
~Believe~

Well............I started my period. Yay. So its back the drawing board I guess. But we really don't have the money to buy the Clomid and the Shot............so I guess we'll just have to wait until my next cycle.

Big Sue.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:26 AM   #102  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy_Chick View Post
Well............I started my period. Yay. So its back the drawing board I guess. But we really don't have the money to buy the Clomid and the Shot............so I guess we'll just have to wait until my next cycle.

Big Sue.

Sorry hun......GO AWAY AF!!!!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:32 AM   #103  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

OKay well.....nothing much is going on with me. It's graduation week at the academy, so Fonzo has been working weird hours. They had the ring dance on sat..and some event today..and tomorrow the Blue Angels will be doing practice runs (or flies..lol). Fonzo is taing my camera with him tomorrow so he can take some pics for me. And he's gonna take pics of him in uniform..with a gun..OoO..sexy, LOL!!! Not that I think guns are sexy, LOL!!

And Sassy..AF will come for a visit next week. JOY!!! NOT!! LoL!!! Although, it doesnt feel like it will though. I have no symptoms. So maybe it will be a light one, lol.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:38 AM   #104  
One day at a time

Morning all...

Not feeling so great, ugh. Feel so sleepy plus in pain...nothing like getting hit HARD with a freakin baseball! And just when I got a good start on my exercise yesterday...can't do much today, hoping tomorrow it will be better. Anyway...

SUE...I misread your post...I didn't go back and read it, just glance thru a couple days ago I guess and for some reason thought it said Monday *slaps forehead* my mind is elsewhere most days and I don't even think when I read something I am actually comprehending what I read...I guess, no idea. Sorry to hear about the ribs though...that sounds very painful, ouch! And I have never heard, or ever dreamed one could have inflammation in the ribs...we learn something new everyday.

SASSY...sorry for TOM, maybe next month will be the month Bet that is hard going from being on the nightshift and then trying to stay awake days. Hope you enjoy your moms visit.

JULES...having a hubby who is a handyman saves lots of moola for sure! I know what you mean about the grandbaby, does limit us on what we can do sometimes. I will be having Chase too so that kinda messes with the so-called schedule I am sort of on. Just a matter of rearranging some things. But ya can't take them on the motorcycle...that is something I would love to do! Enjoy the rides!

FRANCIE...can you go see the blue angels? They are awesome to watch! Hope Fonzo gets some good pics! We have an airshow here every year...thinking I may go this year. The bad thing, sort of is...it is always free so there are LOTS of people who attend!

Hello to everyone else

No plans for today...since I am out of commission sort of...will do only light exercise...upper body weights, have some laundry to do and play with the little one. She's here full days starting today, and Chase starting Friday I think...thinking his/their grandma will take them for the long weekend. Wasn't even thinking about Monday being Memorial Day...again, don't know where my head is. Anyway...CIAO!
Old 05-19-2009, 12:26 PM   #105  
~Believe~

Hola.

Francie -- Thanks. We are taking this month off from TTC. Just with money issues and honestly I am just not "feeling" it this month.........just really don't want to deal with it, ya know? I know that is a sad excuse, but true. lol. Oooo Sexy Uniform pics??? lol.

Cristina -- Thanks. As you can see above, DH and I are taking this month off on TTC, due to financial matters & plus I just am not really wanting too. But I appreciate all the support. Have fun with the little one!!

and to everybody!