Moo...I refuse to click on to page two

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • This is entirely too hard for me. The thread should never go to page two. I could have missed hearing that the nephew made the President's list. Congratulations.
    We haven't gotten our grades, yet. The last day of school is the 14 and grades come out on the 25.
    Sissy's teeth were just fine. Just another excuse to gaze at her adorable dentist. Herbie should watch out.
    I completely forgot about Cookie. I still don't understand the thong thing.
    Though I am no longer an internet addict, I did look up my family tree on the internet. I was adopted by my mother's second husband, so I had no knowlege of my biological father's family.
    This is very interesting. Today, I got a package from someone who is a distant cousin. It goes back many generations. However there is no information on the people, just names. They gave me a website with message boards to learn about the different people.
    DD is bowling and DS is at the skatepark. The other DS is home. I hate that DD now goes out on Friday and Saturday nights. It is past my bedtime and I must stay up. I am too old to have teenagers. I need my sleep.
    I know I'm a bore, at least I didn't post a chore list...bye
  • Braggy Cows~!!!!
    Congratulations to all,and we have the "Birk's Medal" which is given to all the highschools and is real gold and is for leadership and whatnot---Naturally DD1 received it-----DD2 led the class in marks last year {Grade Nine} BUT!!!! I would much rather brag about myself----I am FATTER than all of you.ahahahahahahahahahahahashahah you cows are mere calves compared to MOI!!!!!!!-------GLAD YER BACK LUSHTANK----let me tell you about teenagers out all hours---you think you may be happier when you don't have to pick them up and they are out driving around in your car???????try that on for siize!!! the only good thing is ----if you don't have to pick them up,you can stay up WAITING for them to bring your car home in one piece {both kid and car} and DRINK MARGUERITAS WHILE YOU PACE NEEDLESS TO SAY THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE!!! } DDI HAS BEEN DRIVING FOR TWO YEARS AND DD2 WILL HAVE HER LICENCE THIS MONTH AND STEP-DD FROM COLORADO WILL ARRIVE THIS MONTH WITH HER LICENCE-------THIS SUMMER WILL BE IINSANE-----I WILL NEED TO DRINK EVERYDAY I wish Frappe would talk---she has dd's and they know how to party!!!!!! gotta go garden--it's now snowing out
  • Hi Luscious
    I think you're fascinating. I hang on your every word. Or something. I don't like 2nd pages either, but you never know until you have posted that you started a 2nd page. How embarrassing.

Yes, Peachie, only patriotic Americans can receive the President's award. Don't you think George Bush's signature is a little suspect? I think his Daddy signed them.

Yesterday was a marathon. I'm tired. But I have to go take a shower and start all over -- 2 performances today of dance recital. Tomorrow, DD and her friends want to gather here and henna paint their hands in preparation for the Incubus concert on Tuesday. Does this sound like an occult activity? It's not, really, but I'll bet my inlaws would be calling in an evangelist if they knew...

Later, taters.

Have we all read the Ya-Ya's and are we all planning to go to the movie?

Kiwi
  • excuses, excuses.
    It is no excuse that some people don't know when it is on the second page. I am sure Dragonfly Lady or June would delete the message; then copy and paste on to a new thread. I am sure Letty would do same. Marcella is selfish. She would just post away with no concern about those trying to check in.
    I am all consumed with my family tree. My new family says they have historically significant ancestors, but unless people had children when they were 8 years old, the math doesn't work out. Can I be the first smart person in this family?
    Everyone made it home in one piece last night. Dd had finals next week, so she is staying in tonight. A night off for me. I like to drive so I can see if anyone was drinking or smoking pot. Like I know. A darling boy who went all through school with DD was just arrested for drugs. She hadn't seen him for some time, but it is still disturbing. I feel confident that I had far more fun when I was fifteen; it is my duty to make sure she has boring teenaged years.
    I feel that painting oneself is not good. I'm telling Kiwi's inlaws. My dd has red hair....what does that mean?
    L
  • Oh well,
    Lush, I guess our children are the spawn of the devil.

Here is the funniest for-real website I've seen in a while: Pawsense. Silly me, I didn't even know this was a problem.

Dance recital marathon is over. DD was fabulous; her class got better every time they performed. I'm tired. I spent from 5:15 to 9:15 sitting or standing around the school cafeteria trying to be useful. There really wasn't anything to do. One girl asked me for a band-aid, but I didn't have one. I told one annoying little girl to get down off the serving window ledge RIGHT NOW (she was standing). That is about it. I poured out about 3 gallons of soda/fruitjuice/water bottles left on the tables and recycled the bottles.

When I have the energy I will pull some pictures off my video camera and post them.

DH went sailing with his nephew. I get to stay home and veg out tomorrow.

Kiwi
  • Pat on the head
    for Kiwi for her enduring efforts to be useful at one of those over-staffed events. Pouring out sodas/water/etc indicates you don't need a lot of supervision. I will hire you at minimum wage ... 10 hours a week to start.

Lush, we don't paint ourselves here. We never heard of painting ourselves. We are wholesome and adorable.

Actually, DS is having a stressful summer. Visiting dad then going camping the next day and being home less than a week before going to camp. It's been decided that he can do what he wants all week ... lie in bed, go to work with me or Herbie, just relax. He needs it. I'll pick him up in four hours and tell him.

I went in a green house the other day and they were growing talapia (maybe spelled right) a carp that looks just like a big goldfish. They have been "harvested" and eaten by now. This was a 4-H project. Gross.
  • harmonica
    I went to the Pawsense page and listened to one of the sounds that "cats find annoying." Says they find the harmonica annoying. Well, harmonica MUSIC may be something else but was just some untalented person like me breathing in out through one. Very annoying. Cats are right.
  • You think you got problems.....
    I have 3 14-year-old girls in my house painting their PALMS with henna. This of course means that I will soon have smudges of henna (read: STAIN) on the majority of unwashable surfaces of this house. And they will not be able to help clean it all up because they will have to wait several hours to USE THEIR HANDS.

When I tried to listen to the cat-objectionable noises, I had trouble getting my speakers to play, so I began fooling with buttons and volumes. Then it suddenly worked: at full volume, the screeching harmonica. I never knew a harmonica could sound that bad. I'm surprised that my cats are still living here.

Oh dear. I think I hear glass breaking.

Kiwi
  • I'm only posting to see if I can make it go to page 2.
  • period sponges
    soon everyone here will be too old to use them--send your unused sponges to padsarepasse.com and now ,in the interest of annoying others,I will attempt the jump to page two as well.
  • Nothing to say. Just testing.

Edited to add: Dang! Still page one.
  • Oblivious
    I set my preferences to go to page two after 30 posts. So I would never know if I made it go to page two.

The best way to annoy my cat is to ignore him when he is sitting on my computer desk between me and the screen. Or on my lap between me and the magazine. Or invite the dog up while Bob (the cat) is on my lap. It's actually pretty easy to annoy a cat.

I am getting fatter and fatter. After two weeks of 2-3 20-30 minute walks a day, I am up to 191. I had three sodas in the past week and really watched my snacking and my portion sizes.

I'm sore... we went camping and tried to go fishing, but since we both worked Saturday, we got to the site late and hurried to set up camp, then Sunday, we were out on the boat when it started storming, so we had to rush in to pack up camp.

All I can say about the henna... I'm glad I have boys. The most adventurous thing DS1 has done so far is try to bleach his dark brown hair back to its baby blonde. The lightest we got it was a dark red, so we decided it took too long. DS2 is too conventional for painting... he's a polo shirt, khakis, belt kind of guy.
  • You want Page 2?
    I'll give you page 2. It takes more than just bouncing up and down on the screen, y'know.

I watched Finding Forrester with DD last night, and I now know that if you want to be a writer, just sit down and bang on the keys, and before you know it, like in 40 or 50 years, you will have a masterpiece in front of you.

And think of the advantages of banging on the computer rather than a typewriter--none of that pesky paper to bother with, or ink ribbons, because let's face it, by the time you come up with anything worth printing out, you'll be so weak and feeble that your loved ones will have locked you up in the sanitarium for the obsessive compulsive delirious.

DD's henna project concluded with a minimum of mess. They are all excited about going to this concert and holding their decorated hands up for the band to admire. Delusional, eh?

My nose is running and I'm sneezing a lot. I have allergies.

On the window sill behind the computer, there is a large (12" long) rock that looks exactly like a fish. It has a dorsal fin and 2 whatever the opposite of dorsal fin is and a slightly curved tail. It doesn't have scales.

Cherry, you are so funny. Leave it to you to solve the Page 2 problem by changing the settings. I never even thought of that.
    Of course, how much do you want to bet the rest of us will just continue to "curse the darkness". Your weight is a puzzle. I know why I still haven't lost anything: I am not exercising and I'm not dieting . You I can't figure out. Maybe you should lay on the couch all day and eat bonbons, that might work.

Well, I must post this and come back for more later....

Kiwi
  • Persistence
    is the key to success, right?

School is out! Yay!!!

I still have no idea what we are doing this summer, except for 2 trips we are going on.
    But day to day, DD is not involved in anything.
    Oh that's right I have to call the music school and see if she can take guitar lessons.

Did I tell you that we gave her an electric guitar (used) and amp for 8th grade graduation?
    We could have a band -- in this house we have 1 acoustic, 1 classical, 2 electric guitars, 1 regular piano, 1 electric keyboard, 2 clarinets, a flute and a trumpet.
    No one even knows how to play the flute or the trumpet.
    Then there are the miscellaneous instruments--recorders, kid drums, maracas, etc.

What I mostly play is: nothing.

God I'm such a bore.

Kiwi
  • I'm so hungry
    Okay, this is getting ridiculous.

If this post doesn't go over the limit, I will have to quit and do something useful.

Like that will ever happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Too bad I haven't had a few beers, I could probably babble on and on forever.

What should I have for lunch? Maybe canned pasta, that sounds disgusting.

Kiwi