The Onederland Express - Hop on Here! #2

You're on Page 1 of 34
Go to
  • Hello ladies

I hope no one minds I started another thread, I saw that they are supposed to close at 500.

Hope everyone's well...I'm OK, did not too good at the bbq...I was OK until the end when she brought out a tray of chocolate stuff....I lost my will at that point. I don't think I did too much damage though, as near as I can figure I ended the day around 2300 calories.

Anyhow, just wanted to say Hi!!
  • Bumping this up!
  • Hey, Liz! Thanks for starting the new thread! I'll put the link on the old one if it's not too late. Beware of that chocolate! That's what gets me every time. Every time. Eeek!

Have a good weekend!
  • Today's the day!
    And, uh, yesterday wasn't. Got my 10,000 steps, went to the gym, did a little yoga. But ate a big bag of brown rice chips and too much chocolate in the afternoon. Seems like sometimes I've got to binge before I can pick self up, dust self off and start all over again. Today's not the best day to pick because we've got company coming for dinner. However, I'll make my plans for how to handle it and then stick to 'em.

Sorry for the me-me-me post! I'll get back in tomorrow for a real one.

Have a great weekend, wimmins!
  • Yes, I ate all weekend, very poorly...I had chinese buffet, Long John Silvers, made homemade cupcakes...showed me up 3 pounds this morning and that is definitely in the WRONG direction...starting a new today and hope to stay strong until August

Auntie G - thanks for posting about the new thread, I was lost, haha ...but sometimes that happens easily, since I turned 35 anyway

Okay so hi to everyone , my break is over, will talk more later...

Carri
  • Hi all! Today is my official re-start! I did try yesterday, but then ended up at a Chuck E. Cheese b-day party after I had already had dinner. Oops! The pizza was sitting right in front of me, taunting me...

Anyway, today's the day.

Arabella, how is YOUR day going? Are ya on?

Carri, hopefully you got that stuff out of your system from the weekend. You were planning on having a little "fun" while DH was away, right? Today I went out tank top shopping- ugh! That made me want to stay OP now that it's hot! Oh, and 35 is nothing compared to 40, so beware!

Liz, we're all here now! How are you doing? Oh, and I, too, love your little man in a tie pic! When my now 9 YO nephew was 3, he asked for a shirt and tie for Christmas from me. No toys, just a shirt and tie. Soooo cute!

OK, have a great week everyone! It's time to get serious!
  • Hey ladies

How's everyone?? Things are good here, same old same old!! I finally got on the treadmill and did some running alternating with walking, and when I went to bed I woke up because my knees hurt so much! I had to take tylenol. My DH thinks I should stick to walking for now. Jeez I couldn't believe it, I literally ran maybe five minutes total. Oh well!

Carri - I broke down and had chinese on the weekend, it is truly a major weakness of both DH & I. DH is on board now, trying to lose some weight too, which will help but we do enable each other still!

Auntie G -That is such a cute story about your nephew!! I'm glad you're back on track and feeling positive!
  • Sorry I have been MIA, but I would post if I could...the site just gets locked up so much anytime I try to do anything that i just get frustrated and close it...I know others are having the same issue because we have been complaining about it on another thread, hope they get it worked out soon...

I am doing well, staying on plan and exercising...I even managed to lose 3 pds this week on my TOM ...and that is impressive for me...

Hope you all are doing well...I know Auntie G is, I see her on facebook )

Hope all you mothers have a good mothers day too

Later
    Carri
  • Hmmm, I didn't realize it'd been so long... I also didn't realize that I hadn't updated here what's been going on, so here I am. I'm a little shaky with the diet again, but I am trying. Life has thrown us another curveball. My BIL has been in the hospital for a week and a half now. He's had an ongoing shoulder problem, but now they found out he has cancer. It started on his lung, but spread up and out, right where the original shoulder problem had been, so they didn't know to be looking for something else.

Groan...

It's really bad. He's getting radiation and chemo, and my sister stays at the hospital most of the time. The rest of us shuffle the poor kids around, and some will be sleeping here for the weekends for a while. So, I don't have as much time for my own trivial pursuits nowadays.

Carri, I do get on Facebook every day- I can make a faster exit there than here! I love taking those stupid quizzes, just to get my mind off of real life for a few minutes. I may just go do one now! (The kids aren't here yet, and I really should be doing something more productive, but...) Anyway, congrats on the 3 lbs!!! I'm glad you're hanging in there!

Liz, I hope things are going well for you! Stay away from that Chinese food, at least near weigh-in, since it's so salty!

Arabella, you've really been MIA for a while! Hope you're hanging in, too!!

Have a good weekend, all!
  • I'm here!
    Hi Wimmins! My grandson's mom delivered very prematurely and the baby's had a serious bleed in his brain. So they're in a hospital 3.5 hours (plus a $35 bridge toll) away. So we're scuttling here to keep DGS looked after. I have to say, it's just been one thing after another.

I bit the bullet and went back to WW yesterday. Up 2.2 from a month ago. That's definitely the wrong direction. I'm reading both The Gabriel Method and Does this clutter make my butt look big? And finding good stuff in both.

Today so far, I'm cruising -- went for a little run in the woods, did a little yoga, walked over to tai chi class, did that and walked back. Had a bowl of oatmeal with berries and yogurt. Tomorrow I've got a big family party planned.

I plead temporary insanity. It seemed like a good idea last weekend and then all week I was wanting to smack myself: What was I thinking? What would I like for Mother's Day? Peace and quiet, relaxation.

Auntie g -- speaking of one thing after another... I'm so sorry to hear about your BIL. Sending good energy to him and your family.

Carri, three pounds off! Congrats! K, I'm inspired. I CAN DO THIS!

Liz, I agree, if running five minutes made your knees hurt that badly you should hold off on it for a while.

Let's remember to breathe, stay positive and look after ourselves. Ok?
  • auntie g - I am so sorry to hear about your BIL. I really hope that the radiation and chemo work. :hugs:

Arabella - I am sorry to hear about your grandson's mom! Wow that must be tough...I hope everything works out OK. I agree, I think holding off on the running is a good idea!! DH wondered why I went straight to running anyways, he was like, shouldn't you build yourself up a bit first?? Oh yeah duh I guess I should. lol

Well ladies big news in my life...I'm pregnant. We started trying in April, and despite it taking over 2 yrs with DS, I am pregnant after one cycle! I'm in shock. So my focus is going to be maintaining my present weight loss. I am going to update my ticker to my current weight (216) and I am going to work on maintaining that....I gained 55lbs with DS and I am absolutely not going to do that again. So I will definitely still be around!
  • Congratulations, Liz!

I woke up feeling much more positive this morning. I've got a ton of work to do today and the usual round of other stuff but I'll get through it. I have felt much more energetic lately, which makes life easier.

Let's make this a good one!
  • LIZ - CONGRATS !!!! That is great...

I am still doing well, went a little bit over calories yesterday evening but not too bad...need to stay out of the Cheetos, haha

Arabella - I know we can both do this...I am feeling more positive too, and that helps us to stay on the straight and narrow...2.2 gain in a month is actually pretty good, I can gain that in about 3 days...

Auntie G - how is the BIL doing? Hope he is getting better.

It has been rainy here the last couple of days, good on my yard but hard on me, cant get out and walk...may do an exercise dvd inside tonight.

Talk to you all soon!!

Carri
  • On deadline but just wanted to poke my head in here. I'm focusing on -- among other things -- eating only when I'm hungry. But also finding I'm awfully hungry this week. Oh well!

Carri, yeah I can do much better myself. I can easily put 2.2 on overnight

Auntie g, how goes it? Thinking of you and your family.

Liz:

Hope all have a lovely Friday!
  • Bump

How is everyone doing? I am doing well, still sticking to plan and trying to get into the exercise groove

Dh is not doing so well, his back is bothering him again, they think it is the scar tissue from his surg in 2006 so he has to have another MRI tomorrow, that wont be cheap...so I am worried about him but still staying OP.

Hope you all are doing well...c'mon back and join me... summer is coming and we need to be able to look good in our summer clothes

later,
    Carri