Old 05-09-2009, 09:21 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Holly I think that must be all men??? My husband is the same way, and he always wants to know where and how long- I tell him where ever he wants that I just want to go for a ride......there has been a few times that I have left without him for a ride though

Mandy 90 degrees and swimming at beach (possibly) oh sounds so good

Oh darn I was not on either to wish Tammy a Safe trip but can't wait to hear all about it when they get back

Well better start some laundry and all
Have a Great Weekend
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #107  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Well Cchick, I guess it's good to hear that some other guys are like that also!

We just got back. I am filthy, our bikes are filthy, because we got caught in two big showers but other than that it was a nice 3 hours out! We rode to Lake Willoughby in Westmore, Lake Willoughby is small but gorgeous, a classic glacier lake (deepest in Vermont, it's 300 feet deep) and such a nice drive there. Here's two pics, a distance shot and a relative closeup. The road is on the left mountain, you have the lake on your right and on your left are the cliffs, and there are 3 spots on the left where little waterfalls come cascading down.

I just stood in the kitchen with all my gear on, with a big pot of water and Murphy's oil soap and sponged off my jacket, leather pants, and boots. When they dry I'll treat them with Doc Baileys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg willoughby.jpg (4.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg willoughbylake2.jpg (13.0 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by VermontMom; 05-09-2009 at 02:47 PM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:04 PM   #108  
Biker Chick!

hoping that Tammy had a good day riding!! I went back and saw that her last post was after midnight! and they were going to leave at 5:00 am!
Old 05-10-2009, 10:24 AM   #109  

Happy Mothers Day!!!

Your ride looked awesome To bad you got caught in some showers but from the 2 pics it would have been worth it....

It is only 49 degrees out but we are going for a ride today leaving at 10:30 which is an hour away so we may warm up a few more degrees but hey I need to get some riding time in to toughen up my tush

Oh update on racing last night my son got 1st in his heat and 4th in his feature he rocked again!!!! DH came out and got last in his heat and got 10th in his feature-- not bad since it has been like 7 years since he has raced so all in all it was a good night.

Tonight DS races again and with coming off a win last week everyone will be gunning for him so he will have his work cut out for him Go Karl

Not much exercise been going on around here lately but sometimes just riding wears me out so it has to count for something???

To all you ladies out there have a Great Mother's Day !!!!
Old 05-10-2009, 11:04 AM   #110  
Biker Chick!

good morning and Happy Mother's Day to all mothers

CChick, congrats to your son! and DH! Must be exciting (and maybe heart-stopping sometimes) to see them out there!

oh I agree, riding MUST burn more calories than just driving. brrr, hope it warms up for you!

wet and gray and 50 here, a day to stay inside and veg out!

DH made awesome breakfast; coffee and one donut (Bad me) at 7:00; then at 10:00 (after I worked out) scrambled eggs with sauteed vidalia onions, and random chunks of cream cheese; sausage; thin sliced potatoes; sausage gravey (not my fave but def a dave of DH)

Every Mother's Day for the past 4 or 5 years we'd be in Myrtle Beach for Bike week on this day. And the above breakfast is kinda what we'd have at Mammy's Restaurant. I'm not missing MB that much, though; mainly because I'm soooo glad we're not racking more debt on the credit card.

Today I did Level 1 of 30DS but I made the cardio more intense by holding weights. I admit to kinda wussing out by doing Level 1 instead of 2 or 3!

I can feel my legs being firmer which is wonderful!!!! but until i limit my calories I will not lose fat.

Hope Tammy is doing well!!
Old 05-10-2009, 05:46 PM   #111  
Biker Chick!

I called my mom to wish her Happy Mother's Day, and she thanked me for the card I sent...then told me that NONE of my three siblings sent her a card!!! She apologized for coming across for 'feeling sorry for herself'.

we chatted for about half an hour. After I hung up, I jumped in the shower and got ready in like 15 minutes, and then was in my car to go visit her. (she's only 25 miles away)

she was sooo happy and surprised to see me, and just about talked my ear off but that's good
Old 05-11-2009, 11:38 AM   #112  

That was so sweet of you Holly I called my Mom before leaving on the bikes and she didn't answer - she was probably still sleeping so I texted her that way when she woke up she would see that I called and then texted and that I did not forget.

Update haven't been getting much exercise in but I have been maintaining because my eating hasn't been great either lately.

DS got a 2nd and a 3rd last night so he is still whooping some booty out there

Well can't be on long just stopped home to pick up some paperwork will check back in later
Old 05-11-2009, 03:24 PM   #113  
Biker Chick!

good afternoon! congrats to CChick's DH! Glad you're maintaining too, that's always better than a gain. I too am maintaining...exercising like a maniac and eating like one too!

this morning I did Denise Austin's Sizzler again ( I think it just did it Saturday) and again when she and her cheesy assistants do the silly dancy stuff, I sub Jillian-type cardio, using one pound hand weights.

Rode to work, though I waited till it warmed up! It was 36 here early; when I left at 10:00 it was a good 46 in the shade, and alot of strong sun. I had on enough layers that it was comfortable.

I would like to cut some grass, but the blackflies are pretty fierce I'll make a deal with myself, either cut grass outside or do an inside workout.

have a nice afternoon!
Old 05-11-2009, 06:27 PM   #114  
Biker Chick!

I did another workout! I did The Biggest Loser Cardio, 25 minutes. And didn't pig out! (yet)
Old 05-11-2009, 06:37 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

good job Holly. I cant keep my food under control either...lol I did add exercising back in last week though.
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:12 AM   #116  
Biker Chick!

good morning and extra to us all! I kept OP for one full day yesterday, first day in a long time. Yay Mandy for getting the exercise back into schedule!

just finishing up my coffee now. Need to choose a workout then go to work
if I dont check back in, have a great day chicks!
Old 05-12-2009, 07:30 AM   #117  
Biker Chick!

okey dokey, I did 30DS Level one, but held weights for the cardio. Big whoop de doo, huh ttyl!
Old 05-12-2009, 06:37 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

CC, congrats on the family race results. That's must be fun to watch.

Enjoying your summer job Holly?

I sprained my ankle last night, and did something to my wrist. this really sucks
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:08 AM   #119  
Biker Chick!

good morning chicks! Mandy, sorry to hear about your sprain and your wrist! sure hope they heal up soon! and yes I am enjoying being back at the summer job, thank you very much! Today is the official opening day, and besides baking I am also doing waistaff in the dining room tonight and the next couple nights, to make some $.

this morning I did Level 3 of the Shred...That makes the sweat fly off my nose ! TMI perhaps? lol.

have a great day chicks and talk atcha tomorrow
Old 05-14-2009, 05:57 AM   #120  
Biker Chick!

good morning chicks Mandy, how are your hurt parts this morning?

it is absolutely gorgeous out right now at 5:45 am, it's almost 50 degrees with the son coming up but it's going downhill in a few hours, rain and wind all day. oh well.

I survived my first long day at work, baked from 9 to 3, had an hour and a half to goof off, then dining room from 5 to 8:30. I'm doing that through Saturday to help out and make some extra $.

a sign of the times though, it's a tradition in the dining room to 'pass the basket' , we literally pass out wicker baskets to the tables and the members pull out $ to put in the baskets that the waitstaff divides up. Usually you see a few $20, alot of $10 and $5...last night there were the majority of $1. oh well

i'll try to check in after working out this morning to make myself accountable, but i have to deal with the garbage and recycing first. The guy comes on Thursdays at like 7:30 am, too early!