3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   What do you eat? How are you losing weight?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/169295-what-do-you-eat-how-you-losing-weight.html)

LookingForMeAgain 04-15-2009 02:25 PM

What do you eat? How are you losing weight??

So, I know there are tons of plans but what works for you? Can you give me a sample 3 day diet for you?
Nothing seems to work for me and I am desperate for ideas.
I am the will I have the determination I am ready but I cant budge the scale so Im doing something wrong. So what do you eat?

choirgirlhotel 04-15-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LookingForMeAgain (Post 2699534)
So, I know there are tons of plans but what works for you? Can you give me a sample 3 day diet for you?
I am the will I have the determination I am ready but I cant budge the scale so Im doing something wrong. So what do you eat?

How many calories do you want to consume per day?

primaballerina 04-15-2009 02:56 PM

I do weight watchers. It's the only thing I've ever been able to stick to long-term, and the only program I've ever been successful on. I can't recommend it highly enough!

LookingForMeAgain 04-15-2009 03:07 PM

Personally probably around 1900 but what Im really looking for is some sample days from everyone. I just cant wrap my mond around meal planning. It doesnt need to be what works for me I just need to see what works for everyone esle. I hope that makes sense.

JulieJ08 04-15-2009 03:17 PM

Try posting your 3 day menu, then people can make suggestions. It will probably be more likely to get you useful ideas.

MandiK 04-15-2009 03:45 PM

I also do weight watchers and the diet is fabulous! I still have room for the occasional treat and I can go out to eat without having to get a salad! yay!
Yesterday I ate:
1 C Kashi go lean crunch
1 C skim milk

banana

salad with croutons, bacon bits and avocado
light ranch dressing
4 oz yoplait yogurt

orange
chocolate drizzle mini rice cakes

pork chop (grilled)
baked potato (cooked in a packet on the grill with 1 TB butter)
1/2 C macaroni and cheese

1 weight watchers ice cream

*** I love weight watchers because I can still eat a lot, but I'm still losing (as you can see!) ***

rainy 04-15-2009 03:51 PM

I do the paleo diet, details are in my signature.
It's not about how much you eat but what you eat. :)

cdawnfine 04-15-2009 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LookingForMeAgain (Post 2699534)

Everybodys daily intake is different depending on your height, weight, age, activity level. It would not be right for anyone to suggest a daily menue with the limited amount of information you have given here and could do you more harm then good. So why dont you start by listing a few days of what you eat and when, your height age weight and activity level. You will get a much better response from people

mamaspank 04-15-2009 05:40 PM

I do WW. I do it at home because I don't have the money or time to devote to meetings. I love it! I have lost 50 pounds in a year. The first five months I lost 40. Those last ten really took a lot more effort. It is the healthiest diet I have ever been on. I tried Atkins and South Beach before, and they are a little unrealistic for a long-term weight loss. I never want to regain my fifty. i am being honest when I say this, but all my friends that have done Atkins and South Beach seem to lose and regain the same 20 pounds. In my case, it was the same eight pounds. I could never stay on both induction phases long enough. WW is great because I eat a ton of fruit and vegis, and have treats every day, and still lose. It's basically just calorie counting. I think calorie counting can be daunting at first, but after the first month or two, it's a snap.

choirgirlhotel 04-15-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LookingForMeAgain (Post 2699605)
Personally probably around 1900 but what Im really looking for is some sample days from everyone. I just cant wrap my mond around meal planning. It doesnt need to be what works for me I just need to see what works for everyone esle. I hope that makes sense.

Sure, I understand. Seeing other people's meal plans helps me too. I am on a 1300-calorie diet. My day usually goes like this:

latte with rice milk and protein powder
fruit with nuts

salad - lettuce, broccoli/cauli, tomato,cucumber and a protein (usually tuna)
1/2 cup or 3/4 cup lentil soup

usually sneak a coffee in here

protein shake with water

chicken breast, quinoa (grain) and kale

fruit

~Choirgirl~

LookingForMeAgain 04-29-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdawnfine (Post 2699692)
Everybodys daily intake is different depending on your height, weight, age, activity level. It would not be right for anyone to suggest a daily menue with the limited amount of information you have given here and could do you more harm then good. So why dont you start by listing a few days of what you eat and when, your height age weight and activity level. You will get a much better response from people

It was more a curiousity thing as to what worked for each person.
I wasnt wanting someone to suggest a plan FOR ME. I was just curious as thats one thing you never see. People talk about losing weight on this plan or that plan but they dont say what they are eating. And I know for a fact some people eat healthy and lose weight and some people eat crazy not enough healthy foods and lose weight and some people eat junk and lose weights. I didnt want anyone to tell ME how to lose weight. I was just curious to see some daily menus and maybe get some ideas along the way. It is just something DH and I wonder about as we do try to eat healthy and do not lose so we were just wondering what others who have success ate on a daily basis.

THANK YOU to the few of you who did what I asked and let me have a peek into your menus I really appreciate it.
It really helps!

Thighs Be Gone 04-29-2009 10:08 AM

I'm a calorie counter and like to focus on whole foods. I will give you a day here.

B: 1/2 cup oatmeal with ground flaxseed and unlimited fresh berries, maybe 8-10 almonds

L: Huge spinach salad with all kinds of raw veggies, balsamic vinegar for dresssing

D: Salmon patties (probably 6 ounces total) with green beans and smashed cauliflower

Snacks: Tuna made with FF Mayo and Wasa crackers, Jello Gelatin sugar free w/diced celery and apples, banana, greek yogurt, cheese

sticks

p.s. Hey, I am a PM away if you want any further information. I love talking food--always have, always will!

Fressca 04-29-2009 10:17 AM

I'm a calorie counter, switched from a Weight Watcher. The WW program is good, but I seem to be able to eat more food if I count calories. Here's yesterday:

B: 1/2 c. oatmeal with 1T ground flaxseed, coffee w/skim

L: Huge bowl of veggie soup with pasta shells, 1T flaxseed

S: Tall non-fat latte from Starbucks

D: 1/2 chicken breast marinated in yogurt & herbs, corn on the cob (no butter); 1/2 baked potato with non-fat sour cream

This day looks a little short on veggies, usually there's a salad in there, and/or a snack of cut up veggies.

sweetandspicy 04-29-2009 10:23 AM

I am doing LAWL because that is what seems to work for me. When I finish my obligation to LA I plan to continue to weigh and measure my foods. I think for me it is portion control that works. I have become very aware of how much a serving actually is. I read lables and realize how much I was over eating.

Breakfast- 1/2 cup oatmeal, one packet of splenda, a dash of cinnamon, 1/2 an apple chopped and 1 0z of walnuts (unsalted)

Snack- 1/2 apple and 1/2 protein bar

Lunch- Lots of lettuce, 6 baby carrots, 2 oz tuna. ff mayo, 1tbs low fat ranch, 6 lowfat triscuits,4 oz plain yogurt with fresh blueberries added 1/2 a cup

snack 1/2 protein bar, 4 oz plain yogurt, 1/2 cup blueberries

Dinner- 6oz chicken grilled marinated in low sodium teriyaki sauce
salad with veggies and lowfat ranch. 1 cup watermelon with ff cool-whip

snack- 1 low fat grahm cracker 1tsp low fat peanut butter - only if I am really hungry

I vary everyday. But i am strick on the serving size and that helps.