Old 04-13-2009, 02:37 PM   #16  

"Gma" -- We made a fast trip to Sioux City (about an hour away from us) and delivered Maddy and Kolby's Easter buckets Friday afternoon. Even though they live close we don't see them very often because Beth works crazy hours; some are weekend hours and some are split shifts. Will works a 4 day week from 9 pm to 7am, Monday - Thursday. Jason lives 2 1/2 hours away in Sioux Falls, SD. I'll bet the place mats are lovely! I hope that Alicia (and Jay) appreciate the time it took you to make them.

Susan -- I am glad it was a problem at the office and not with you! It's lucky for your boss that you know how to get everything up and running again. Isn't there something that you can buy/get to guard against lightning damaging the computers? I know that when we first got computers at school they would tell us to shut down during the thunder and lightning storms, but now we don't have to. I'm glad you took yesterday off and your friend was kind enough to feed you and give you leftovers. I don't blame you for taking the extra days off. You certainly deserve them, no doubt about that!

J.

Last edited by Jean; 04-13-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:30 AM   #17  

Good morning, ladies - warmish but rain.

Jean, there is nothing that will protect against a direct hit from lightening. We've investigated everything available. It didn't come in through the electric line, it hit the Verizon phone box outside, came through the phone line then jumped to the electric line. The Verizon equipment actually burned up. We own our phone system, so we have to do all the programming, wiring, etc. inside the building.

Faye, have a safe trip - I hope this visit is better than the last one.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:39 PM   #18  

Good Afternoon! The sun is shining, but it's a cool day with a slight breeze. The furnace is still running off and on. We did have heat at school this morning so that was good. Teachers and students alike were not ready to come back to school today. We have an hour long assembly tomorrow with some do-dah speaker coming. I hate sitting on the bleachers that long!

Susan -- That same thing happened at Bob's office. They own their half of the building while another company owns the other half. I'm not sure who owns the phone lines, but do know it was a mess for awhile. I think the home office does the individual computers from their site while the agents sit at their own computers and push buttons when told to do so. I hope your day was a good one!

My "mom" came through her surgery just fine and should be home today. Her daughter said the surgeon said it was a perfect text book case.

My new computer is in and ready to transfer my old to the new. The guy said it would take a couple of hours so I'm hoping I won't miss any days here. Bob will take it in tomorrow on his way to work.

Have a nice evening and a wonderful Wednesday tomorrow! I love these 4 day work weeks!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:54 AM   #19  

Good morning, ladies - more rain and low 50s today.

I had quilt guild last night and my quilting bee tonight so fun time!

Jean, I'm glad things went well for your "mom". Surgery is always scary. Won't be long before you have 0 day work weeks! I hope the computer transfer is as easy as they say.

Everything is quiet around here, rather boring actually.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:39 PM   #20  

Happy Thursday! Its a lovely cool spring day today and I'm glad I don't have to work. I'm going to walk to Curves, work out and walk back this afternoon so I'll have some extra exercise.

Did you get the information about the walking program? We should form an on-line group and get busy. I want to walk a half-marathon in June (3.1 miles) so that is my goal. I haven't been to my meeting yet, so don't know what they'll have to say, but I did sign up online for it.

Maggie, I miss your posts! How are things going now with WW? Back on track?

Jean, are you off tomorrow? I forgot if you have every Friday off now. The kids were off school the week before Easter for spring break and this week for Easter break. I'd hate to be those teachers next week...they will be like wild indians. 6 more weeks and they will be out for the summer.

Faye, I hope you are having a wonderful visit this time.

I'm off to Curves and then I'll be watching a movie and appliquing another quilt block.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:13 PM   #21  
Thin Within

Talking Thursday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a very windy day here in the heartland. I don't like wind. It is my most unfavorite thing. I can stand the snow and what comes with winter but the wind just won't quit. It is spring and the wind is still blowing. Did I mention that I don't like wind?

It is a very slow day for me...I have finished that order for the lady that wants the buildings on Thanksgiving and have them packed away. I will now start on other items I want to make for gifts and my shelf. I got a couple books with pattens for glass whirls that spin in the breeze. They are quite intense in the making for there are several rings that go around a figure. Be nice for folks to hang in a garden of off the eves of the house. I will tackle making one of those eventually.

I have been better so far this week on my writing what I bite. So far I have been staying inside the lines. It is sure hard getting back when one has been off the program.

This is the day Will volunteers in the afternoon at the cancer center phone lines and so I will just do my thing around here. Gotta plan what to make for dinner. Had a wonderful smoothie for brunch. I love those little individual packets of frozen fruits that Schwans sells for smoothies. They have a berry mix and a tropical mix. I keep some of each in my freezer.

Everyone have a lovely afternoon. Type at y'all later

Last edited by Maggie; 04-16-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote