Old 04-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #16  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

A quick check in for me...super busy at work, which is a very good thing. Need more caffeine though as I didn't sleep well last night.

DH had to work late so we didn't get to go out for dinner, but we might go tonight, or tomorrow.

Annie - Your comment on my Facebook was SO sweet! Thanks!

Shad - At least you only have to grow 3" according to your BMI. I have to grow about 10". And since traction is not an option for me anymore...and I think I've stopped growing (vertically at least), I'm working on getting the weight off.

I'll write more later.

Love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:06 AM   #17  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy.....I will be thinking about you tomorrow when you have your procedure. Good thoughts and the good Lord may lift you up and keep you safe. Have you checked into Humana Insurance?? Of course that is where I work now. Just a thought.

Michelle...party on Friday night for your anniversary. You don't have to get up in the next morning for work...so you can do some heavy partying like a couple of crazy monkies in love. hehehehe

Love yas.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:05 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning ladies,

Michelle
Happy belated anniversary.

Annie
Good for you on joining Curves. I do want to start exercising again this month.

Shad
Wish my clothes were fitting more loose. They are not tight by any means, just the same size.

Happy
I came in to check on you. Sending you good vibes and prayers. Hope the test are normal.

My "no diet" will mean that I can't have unhealthy foods. I need routine in my life and less stress. I really don't know why I some women like to gripe. I thought L was bad but R is 3x's worse. I'm standing my grounds though and am NOT going to be a mediator. R goes off on rampages and it almost sounds as if she is preaching. I will break her, I did L. I bought a headset, the kind you wear for mowing lawns etc, last year for noise control, because of the hearing loss. I'll be wearing those when she comes in and will be pretending not to hear her.

Last edited by ceejay52; 04-02-2009 at 12:09 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:10 PM   #19  

Mel
Have a fun day shopping at Trader Joes.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:01 PM   #20  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good afternoon ladies -

I so wish it was Friday. I'm so ready for the weekend.

Shad - Congrats on 20 smoke free years! I was a pack a day smoker and quit 19 years ago. My DH said he wouldn't date a smoker, so I could either quit smoking or be single. That, plus constantly having bronchitis, got me to quit really quickly. So you have to fix ALL the problems where you work? Sheesh! They'd be up a creek without a paddle if they didn't have you??

Mel - I hope you had a good shopping trip at TJ's.

Annie - You sure are having nice weather in Indy! My DH would love to go to the 500 one of these years. He hasn't been since he was a little kid - so I guarantee he wasn't one of the drunken crazies....though his dad might've been! I'm so glad you're enjoying Curves! I got a great laugh out of your "crazy monkies in love" comment! Too Funny!

Happy - Sending you and : for a smooth procedure! I'm sure everything will go just fine, and we'll all be there with you in spirit. I'd love to see photos of your azaleas when you get a chance.

Ceejay - I hope things go better at work. I try and tune out complainers too. Hope you have success in getting her to change her ways.

Well, better get ready to head home.

Love and hugs to you all,
Old 04-02-2009, 09:02 PM   #21  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all.
It's Friday here Michelle. Oh happy day!!! It's just a thing about where ever I go, things break down and someone has to fix them otherwise, everytime I went near the kitchen I would be greeted with moans and groans that the expresso machine is broken. So I look at them and say fix it, but it's the somebody, everybody, anybody, nobody sydrome.

Mel, have fun at Trader Joes. Glad to see you getting out and about again. Hope that eye is feeling better. Ruth is in the middle of daffodil day, Madcat is in training, Patty signs in usually on a Friday and Carla appears to have gone awol everywhere. I will have to go dig her out.

Annie - glad to hear that Curves is doing it for you. I completely understand the 'staying away from the Indy'

Happy - It is different here, which is why I don't understand the whole health thing over there. The government in it's wisdom is trying to make people move into the private health care business, but people like me find it far too expensive for what you get out of it. Most older folk do. Hence my personal policy - which is what gives me incentive to get out there and kick ***.
I'm glad you decided to go with the procedure. It will alleviate or confirm the fears. You might add Michelle to the list of inspirations as far as quitting goes. I was a one pack or more smoker, so we should look at the number of ciggies saved between Mel, Michelle and me.

Ceejay - maybe my clothes are looser because they stretched, not because I shrunk!

DS1 is threatening to come over for my birthday. I'm presuming he will be bringing his partner. Oh dear!!!! Wonder if I should just shoot off and be with the penguins for this weekend. I'd better get going
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:51 AM   #22  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Thank you one and all for the prayers and lovely thoughts. When I have to lie still for 2 hours afterwards, I will be thinking good thoughts of all of you and counting up all those cigarettes we have NOT smoked since the 80's and beyond.

I hope I can get back tomorrow night. Have a good Friday and to you all!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:22 AM   #23  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SOMETHING VERY STRANGE IS GOING ON WOTH ME AND 3FC. LAST NIGHT ALL THE POSTS FROM YESTERDAY WERE MAINLY MISSING. THE LAST POST WAS A PAGE BACK. I MADE A REPLY AND POSTED IT. NOW THIS MORNING I FIND ALMOST 10 POSTS ADDED AND MINE IS MISSING?! WTF IS GOING ON? SIGH.
WELL THE LONG AND SHORT OF IT WAS THE DAY OUT WAS GREAT AND I BOUGHT WILLY AN APPLE PIE THAT I SAW HIM SECRETLY OOGLING. HE WAS A BIG HELP. AND IT IS SUCH A TREAT TO HAVE SOMEHONE JUST GRAB THE CART AND START PUSHING WITHOUT ME EVEN ASKING FOR HELP. I LOVE THAT FEELING. I AM FINDING MY EYESIGHT IS VERY BAD IN FLOURESCENT SURROUNDINGS. THE CATARACTS MUST BE RIPENING. IT FEEL LIKE I AM IN THE LAND OF "FOG". SPEAKING OF WHICH....THERE WAS A HEAVY FOG JUST "LYING" ON TOP OF THE HUDSON RIVER YESTERDAY. WHAT A SURREAL SETTING IT MADE AND ABOVE IT YOU COULD SEE JUST THE TOP OF THE NYC SKYLINE. VERY EERIE....LIKE A CITY IN THE SKY. AND THE FOG WAS ROLLING ONTO SHORE LIKE BABY CLOUDS. WE WATCHED IT WHILE WAITING FOR ANOTHER SENIOR. I HAVE NEVER SEEN SOMETHING LIKE THAT IN PERSON.
NOT MUCH ELSE NEW HERE. RAINY TODAY SO I BETTER FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO.
HAPPY FRIDAY AMD MORENA SHADDIE

HAPPY~ I HOPE BY THE TIME YOU READ THIS THAT ALL WENT WELL WITH THE TEST AND YOU FEEL OK. SORRY I WASN'T HERE FOR YOUR SEND OFF....YOUR POST WAS AMONGST ONE OF THE MISSING. SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS YOUR WAY AND LOTS OF KEEP US POSTED.

MICHELLE~ WE WILL WORK SIDE BY SIDE GETTING THE WEIGHT OFF. MAYBE WE CAN SET SOME EXERCISE CHALLENGE UP. HOW MANY DAYS OR MINUTES? I'M GAME AND NEED TO KEEP MOVING THIS MONTH AND ANNIE JOINED A GYM

ANNIE~ HOW GOES THE GYM AND WANNA HAVE AN EXERCISE CHALLENGE?? NOTHING TOO BIG...READ ABOVE.

JEANETTE~ YOU MADE ME WHOOP WITH LAUGHTER WITH THE HEADSET THING! GOOD LUCK!! AND HAVE A GOOD MONTH WITH THE HEALTHY FOODS

SHAD...I KNEW I FORGOT SOMEHOME...PATTY...WELL I HOPE SOME OF THEM CHECK IN AND KEEP US IN THEIR THOUGHTS. I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM CARLA IN AGES NOW. BUT THEN I WAS WALLOWING IN SELF PITY FOR A LONG TIME AND DIDN'T NOTICE THANK GOD THE PITY PARTY IS OVER. I WOULD GLADLY SEND AYOU ALL ANOTHER COFFEE URN IF THE DANG SHIPPING WOULDN'T BE ABOUT $100 I WOULD EVEN SEND JOHN...HE FIXES A MEAN CUP O' JAVA SO THEY TELL ME. HOPE THE BIRTHDAY VISIT WILL BE A GOOD ONE......BUT YOU HAVE A PLENTY OF TIME TO FIND AN EXCUSE!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:28 AM   #24  
Annie - Indiana

Hugs and Prayers to Happy.....

Shad....Sometimes well wishers visiting is not ideal. I sometimes like to celebrate with a quiet evening by myself. Go visit the penguins!!

Michelle....Yeah, it's Friday. Um, maybe it is the night for the two monkies in love to celebrate their anniversary. wink wink

Ceejay...way to stand your ground, I, too, find it better not to get involved in other's spats. Makes less of a headache for me.

Speaking of headaches...I have one from h*ll today. Thank God it is Friday, so maybe I can relax and recooperate over the weekend. Not too much on the agenda this weekend. Going to Curves tomorrow morning. It is supposed to be sunny and 65 tomorrw in IND. GOing to hoe my garden, can't find a rotortiller. Sweep out my car and wash car windows. Maybe get rocks at Walmart and finish off the walk way. Throw some grass seed around. Just do some outside stuff. Then Sunday is rainy and back to mid 30s for Monday and Tuesday, now that sucks.

Off to take some Excedrine Migraine, pray for Happy, and try to make it through this day without wacking someone in the head for looking at me wrong. lol.

Much love and many hugs,
Old 04-03-2009, 08:31 AM   #25  
Annie - Indiana

MEL...you stinker, you slipped in as I posted. Yes, my exercise challenge to you is 1.5 hours of moving of some kind per week. That would equal 3 workouts at Curves. What do you think or do you want to make it a bit more challenging??

Love ya sista
Old 04-03-2009, 10:58 AM   #26  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Friday to you ladies -

I'm so ready for the weekend. What a long week! DH and I didn't go out to dinner last night, so I went to the gym for the strength training class instead, and also did some stretching. We're going to go out for dinner tonight and maybe enjoy some "dessert" when we get home.

Shad - I hope you have a wonderful weekend, whether or not you get to go spend time with the penguins!

Mel - Fog can create an eerie, surreal setting. I remember when I lived in CA and would drive up to SF which would be engulfed in fog, and there was no fog anywhere else! It was weird. I'm definitely game for an exercise challenge of 1.5 hours of moving per week. I did 1/2 hour yesterday and tomorrow I know we'll be doing a lot of walking at a pet/reptile expo in Chicago. Yes, I'm weird...I kinda like lizards, snakes, turtles and other reptiles.

Happy - I hope your test goes very well today. I'm sending you lots of and :

Annie - There just might be two monkeys in love at my house tonight....Gosh, I hope they don't make too much of a racket! It's been a long week and I'm tired! I hope your headache goes away soon...so you can act like a monkey with Tony! Sounds like you're having perfect weather for being outdoors. We may get more snow on Sunday. :P Oh well, Spring will get here eventually.

A big to Ceejay, Ruth and everyone else!

Love and hugs,
Old 04-03-2009, 05:37 PM   #27  

I'm having to fill in for L the next two days. I told myself this morning that I was not going to over exert myself. If one of the bosses says anything about so be it. I'll remind them of my bp problem.

My Easter week end is about to be postponed until May. I'm going to be too tired to drive 6 hours.

Mel
Glad you had a good outing.

Hello to Annie and Michelle and Shad.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:58 PM   #28  
Happy September

ANNIE~ OK YOU AND MICHELLE ARE ON!!! I CAN DO 1.5 HRS OF EXERCISE STANDING ON MY HEAD!! I HAVE 30 MINS DOWN ALREADY...BUT WHEN ARE WE STARTING??? MON - FRIDAY OR DO WEEKENDS COUNT TOO. JUST LET ME KNOW. LOVEYA TOO
HOPE THE HEADACHE WENT AWAY

MICHELLE~ OK WITH ME AND THE RACE HAS BEGUN!! SO GET OFF THE DH'S LAP AND STOP THE SMOOCHING AND GET THAT BUTT OF YOURS gOING!! AND NO...BEFORE YOU ASK...BRC DOES NOT COUNT! (Bed Room Cardio)

JEANETTE~ HOPE YOU FEEL OK WHILE FILLING IN...JUST PACE YOURSELF. SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE EASTER OUTING.

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-03-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:34 PM   #29  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning,
Quick post from me. I'm already doing the 1.5 challenge. I started it with Carla some time back and I haven't stopped. Did we Carla?????

We're off to the Flower show today. I'll take photos and bring them back. However they may not make this place until next weekend as this connection is a PIA and slow!!!!! I could run the photos to your places quicker.

Work carries on being an inspiration to those companies who don't want to do things properly. Fair go. Is it a wonder that they don't balance!

Better go sort out the apartment and get ready for R to arrive
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:25 AM   #30  
Happy September

SHAD...I THINK CARLA GOT KIDNAPPED BY A POLAR BEAR LAST WINTER. SHE CAME TO THE STATES AND THEN WENT INTO HIDING!! PROBABLY A CULTURE SHOCK.
HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD TIME ON YOUR OUTING. ONE DAY I WILL SIT AND GO OVER YOUR PICS AGAIN. THEN I CAN PEDAL AND BE ENTERTAINED!!

I FORGOT TO TELL YOU MY GOOD NEWS AND GOD KNOWS HOW I FORGOT THIS....I GOT A LETTER FROM THE GOVT AND ALTHOUGH IT SEEMS TO BE WRITTEN IN LEGALESE, IT LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE DROPPING THE 3 ACCUSATIONS AND I WILL CONTINUE TO GET THE SAME AMOUNT. WILLY SAT AND TRIED TO UNDERSTAND IT AS WELL AND THOUGHT THE SAME. I WILL NEED TO EITHER CALL THEM NEXT WEEK OR WAIT FOR THE NEXT LETTER. BUT IT LOOKS GOOD I HAVE BEEN SO TENSE ABOUT IT SINCE DECEMBER THAT I AM AFRAID TO RELAX!!
LOTS OF RAIN. LIGHTNING AND HIGH WINDS LAST NIGHT. SOUNDED LIKE FREIGHT TRAINS RUNNING THRU THE YARD. EVEN THE GRANDSON WAS WHIMPERING. HE'S NOT FOND OF EERIE NOISES EITHER.
NOTHING ON MY AGENDA FOR THE WEEKEND OTHER THAN BILL PAYING. I BETTER PAY MY RENT MONDAY BEFORE THEY TOSS ME OUT IN THE STREET.
HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE