Height: 5'1.5"

Fly by, people.
Day 3 completed on all fronts

Good going Saramommy!!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:01 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Hello all! This sounds like a fun idea! I have 4 runs of 21 days to get myself through until my goal date so I might as well add a little challenge into the mix! All of you sound like you're doing great!

Here are my challenges:
Alcohol - no more than 1 serving/day during the week and no more than 3 low-cal drinks on weekends. I plan on aceing this one! (although it is by far the hardest, it's also my trigger so will have the biggest effect on everything else.)

Junk food - Chips and candy/chocolate are NOT ALLOWED. I'll give myself 2 pause days.

Activity - I will be active in some way or another for at least 30 min a day. The effort will be made to exercise 3+ days a week but sometimes my schedule doesn't allow more than a dog walk. 3 pause days.

I'm going to be treating all of these as a COMBINED CHALLENGE so that if I screw up on one it means I have to go back to the start for all of them. No fooling around!

Wishing all of you good luck! (And wishing myself some too!)

Last edited by prepping; 03-30-2009 at 05:06 PM.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:24 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 195/190/140

HI Can I join in? I thought this would be a great way to start out my journey.

My goal is going to be no junk food. Sugar is my weakness. So I think this is where I will focus first. I will start tomorrow since I already ate a cookie today I will give myself 3 pause days since this is my first challenge and this is going to be hard in general because of Easter! haha...but I am going to try not to use any

Wish me luck girls!
Mommy2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:16 PM   #19  

Day 12 completed, run! 1 pause left.
No Dessert type food, still on the starting blocks, 2 pauses allowed
"Good Choices", on the starting blocks, 2 pauses allowed
Yes, this RUN! challenge is going by quickly! I like it too.
As for the no desserts, I have already screwed it up today, I had an illegal sweet with my coffee. Not a lot, mind you, I'm counting cals today and so far so good. So did I complete "Good Choices" for today? I think I will say no.
My kids are needing me, I'll post more later...

Last edited by Apple Blossom; 03-30-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:52 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 200/134/118

Height: 5'3

Hey guys, I haven't checked in the last few days because my internet wasn't working, finally got a tech out here and its fixed Not only was my internet gone but my phone and cable as well, and I got bored,what do I do when I get bored? EAT. So I was totally off my plan the last 3 days and didnt even exercise, I don't know whats wrong with me I finallygot down to 168, and was sooo happy because I couldnt get past 170 for a while and then what did I do that night? Eat fast food and junk. I dont know why it's like I sabatoge myself. I havent stepped on the scale but I know its probably not good, my weigh in is tomorrow, hoping for the best. Sooo back to day one for me. I aslo want to add staying within my points range to my challenge ( I am on WW).
Exercise : Complete

I will do it this time!!!!

Apple Blossom- Day 12! You're doing great, wish I had your motivation!

Red balloon- Day 3, Great job, hopefully I can get to there wihout any pauses!

Saramommy- Welcome, and great job with your challenge!!

Preppingbride- Woo tough challenge, Chips are my weakness. Good luck!!

Mommy2three- Good luck on your challenge, I find it so hard around holidays!!
Caleighsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:54 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Exercise everyday - DAY 3 complete

NO desserts - DAY 3 complete

NO bad fast food - DAY 3 complete

And I have to say...we had a family gathering this evening, and there was pizza. I ate salad instead!! Yay me!!! It was SOOO tempting. Big step for me tonight

Mommy2three: Welcome!! And best of luck with the challenge!!

Last edited by Saramommy; 03-31-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Saramommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:04 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Okay I have to restart my challenge today. I didn't get to work out or even take the dog for a walk yesterday.

So... Currently on Day 1 of:
- Alcohol in moderation (max 1 glass on weekdays, 3 on weekends)
- NO junk food
- 30 min of activity/day

Have a wonderful day everyone!
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:52 PM   #23  

Day 13 completed, run! 1 pause left.
No Dessert type food, still on the starting blocks, 2 pauses allowed
"Good Choices", on the starting blocks, 2 pauses allowed
Well, last night my "run" was Wii fit running in place. At least I sort of ran, right? I also rode a stationary bike for a while. Good on the exercise.
I counted cals and came in around 1600, which I'm planning on being my upper limit, so not bad for the first day.
Prepping Bride, your goal date, which is your wedding!!!!! is the same goal date as mine, because that's the day my brother is getting married! Neat. We need to stick together, there's not much time....
Saramommy, GREAT job on choosing the salad!! I'm not sure I'm strong enough to make that choice. But I'm to the point where I really HAVE TO say no to that kind of stuff if I'm going to succeed by the end of June.
Welcome to mommy2three, I have 3 also, ages 5,9 &11. Good luck with your challenge! We're here to help.
Caleighsmom, welcome back. It's a wonder we ever survived with out the internet, isn't it? You must of had a lot more free time while it was down. Don't despair, just learn from it and get back into it!

Last edited by Apple Blossom; 03-31-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:08 PM   #24  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Cool restart for a fool...

Ok, people, glad to see a bit of action around here. BUT, what is it with all the "mommy" names?
I'm floundering with my challenges. I blew the no sugar and junk yesterday because I was dead tired and yet had no push on. Ridiculous. Today, being April 1, is a good place to start over. The apple challenge holds but I'm restarting the others, with a bit of changes. I am going to retry the calorie count and allow some junk. I think this does prevent bingeing. I just have to be stricter with myself and see that I get good food into me. Perhaps I should start other challenges similar to the apple one. I know that without that challenge I would never get the fruit in. OK, more later...

Day 4 complete on Apple Challenge!

Apple -- Excellent going!

preppin, Mommy, Caleigh, Sara, welcome and/or good luck!
Old 03-31-2009, 09:27 PM   #25  

I had my weigh in today and despite my slip up, I was down 3.8
That really motivates me to keep going and complete this challenge!

Day 2
Exercise Completed
Stay In Points Range Completed

Keep up the great work everyone!!!!

Old 03-31-2009, 11:40 PM   #26  

Redballoon- I'm not sure about the other "mommy" names, but for me...my first name is Sara and I'm a mommy...so saramommy made sense!! haha!

Apple blossom- how's the no dessert challenge going for you?? Any recent temptations?? That one is a hard one for me! The no fast food is hard too!!!!

On to the challenge!

Day 4 complete!!!

-Exercise daily

-NO desserts ...hard for me to pass up the donuts this morning at a morning meeting..but did

-NO bad fast food

Last edited by Saramommy; 04-01-2009 at 12:14 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:21 PM   #27  
looser

S/C/G: 185/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

i am in.
my chalange will be .... going to the gym every day and do at least 3 miles
unwanted37lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #28  

Talking

DAY 5 COMPLETE

-Exercise daily

-NO desserts

-NO bad fast food

Old 04-01-2009, 09:13 PM   #29  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Cool stumbling here...

Heh there.

Day 5 is complete on the Apple Challenge.

I failed again on the others. I was doing well, meaning being conscious of calories and adding them up, and then I just blew it by going out drinking with coworkers. I feel so unfulfilled by my work, like the entire day has been wasted, that I then want to "do" something for myself and truly waste it by overeating or drinking. I wish I could get a different mindset that would really bring the fallacy of this thinking home.
I will keep trying though. I have not yet given up. At least I am thinking.
Also, I am still smoking. After 20 years off cigarettes I am smoking continuously when I drink. I am stopping as of today, every day, all the time, also when drinking. If I feel I am going to be tempted, it usually means the conversation and the company I'm keeping is a poor choice. That's the fact of it.

No cigs Day 0 completed!

Sara -- Look at you go! Great balls of fire! Good stuff. And, oh, I have nothing against mommy names and wasn't wondering "why?!" It was just that all of a sudden we had so many of them. It was just bizarre!! I like your avatar, by the way! Keep up the good work!

unwanted37 -- Welcome! That's a toughie. Best of luck!

Caleigh -- Congrats on the pounds off! And good work on your challenge!! By the way, your weight under your avatar is off. It looks though like you've already lost some 30 lbs. Way to go!!

Apple, preppin, Mommy2three, how are you all doing??

Old 04-01-2009, 10:21 PM   #30  

Day 3 Completed!!!
I exercised for 45 mins today!! I'm so proud of myself Also just out of curisoty I tried on my pre pregnancy jeans (I am only 4lbs heavier then when I got pregnant) and they fit!!!! A little snug but not bad, not like I had to hop and suck in to get them up!! I chose Caleighsmommy because its my user id on fitday haha I am a new mommy and very proud of it!

Unwanted- Good luck on your challenge!!

Sara- Woohoo day 5!! Great job

Redballoon- Congrats on day 5 of your Apple Challenge, may I ask what exactly is your apple challenge? haha Great decision to stop smoking, I have never smoked in my life but my bf does and I've watched him try to quit many times and I know how tough it is so the best of luck!! Thanks for telling me about the weight 1702 pounds!!! hahahaha that actually made me laugh out loud, it was supposed to be 170.2 lol.

How is everyone else doing with their challenges? The best of luck to everyone and hope to see you checking in soon (with days completed!!)