Old 04-21-2009, 10:36 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Day 15
- Alcohol in moderation (max 1 glass on weekdays, 3 on weekends): no pauses left
- NO junk food: 1 of 3 pauses left
- 30 min of activity/day: 1 of 3 pauses left
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:45 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Thanks prepping

I did yesterday as I was totally supposed to!!!

Day 2 of all three challenges

*1 pause for each challenge allowed*

Challenge One: Stay under 1500 calories

Challenge Two: No Soda

Challenge Three: Be active every day for at least 30 mins (walking, running, ellipticalling, or weight lifting)

Last edited by angelinelosesweight; 04-21-2009 at 11:46 AM.
angelinelosesweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:18 PM   #153  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Cool working on four...

Well, I'm starting Day 4 here. Yesterday was a real challenge, major. And, as I had thought, I confirmed that anger and irritation, being pissed off, are the things that make me smoke, whereas the eating is usually not those things, but more the boredom, anxiousness, nervousness.
I tried to give blood yesterday and after keeping me waiting a whole hour, they rejected me because the skin was broken on my arms where I had scratched them. I was so pissed. The only reason I decided to give was because I had a bit of free time and they were out on the streets calling for blood, because they said it was short. Well, if having a bit of broken skin and the, oh my God, "chances of some bacteria in your body" means turning down some damn good blood (and RH negative nonetheless, though that doesn't matter because no one needs it) then I'll be damned if I'm ever going to bother trying again.
But after that, I was really ticked and I really wanted to smoke. This is the kind of feeling that started me smoking last year with problems at work. I know. I know, it's only hurting myself, but it goes beyond that. The whole crackdown on smoking has made me want to rebel. When I'm told, I can't have it, I rail at my choice being taken away. Still, this isn't the real problem, because I can still smoke. Anyhow, I got over it, despite finding cigarettes at home and really wanting them. Anyhow, I made it through Day 3. I am still ticked at yesterday, but I tried to keep telling myself that it was good I kept my blood and didn't have to be tired after donating. They rejected another guy while I was there because they said he had too much fat in his blood. He was a bit overweight, but nothing bad. I mean, my God, what is the point? If they can pick and choose to such an extent, then the need must really be minimal. Ok, enough of the rant. Now, I know that the pleas are nothing to be pitied. So there! Excuse my rant.

angeline -- Good to see you again. Sorry to hear you were ill, but good for you for getting back on the wagon. And congratulations on a successful liftoff!

prepping -- Just a week left, eh? You can do it, I know. You're right, here in Tokyo, cigarettes are probably currently the cheapest in the world. 300 yen a pack generally, which is around $3 U.S. now. There's little government tax because the government IS the cigarette industry, well, largely. Anyhow, it's hard to think of the benefits of not smoking when you do it like me, off and on, mostly when drinking. The next day you can't be sure if yo're hungover or feeling awful because of the smoking. Actually, I think it was more often than not the latter, because I wasn't drinking all that much. But, the smoking starting when I wasn't drinking was disgusting really. The smell and the feeling that I was doing something that had to be apologized for was just so not me. So, even though it's hard, I'm still off.

unwanted -- Welcome to your new signature!

Shad -- "a 500-meter jog at midnight?!?!?" You've got to be kidding. Run the length of FIVE FOOTBALL FIELDS ?!?!??! Now, that would have me saving the cigarettes "just in case." But we obviously work very differently. I thought I had cleaned out my room of the things, but yesterday, when I was really ticked, I saw a few lying around and really, really had to dig down deep in my resolve to not reach for them. Sitting on my doorstep, the door open, blowing the smoke outside, music playing inside, warm air out, that has been super relaxing for me. But, I didn't do it. I should have just thrown the things out but I still have them because I hate throwing them out. I'll give 'em to someone still smoking. Too bad about your busy life right now. It'd be good to have you on a challenge.

Apple -- Finally, you're back. You always sound very busy. Good to see you and best of luck!

April -- Excellent work!

Sara -- Thanks. I'm still on it and eating apples as well. Oh, and heh, you've done your fast food challenge. Way to go!!!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:32 PM   #154  

No Beer, Day 1, 2 pauses allowed
Exercise schedule, starts tomorrow! 2 pauses left
OK, my SIL is gone at least for a while. So I'm going to get back into the dieting seriously. I need 3 pounds by the end of the month. Totally within reach. I went to the gym today for the first time in a while. I still think it's a whimpy gym, but it's better than nothing, and I'm comfortable going there.
Unwanted, remind me what your 5K challenge is! It sounds like a good one and you are doing great!
Red, way to go getting started. It will get easier and easier!
Saramommy!21 days!! So how does it feel?!!
Angeline, off to a good start! I like your choice for challenges too!
Prep, you are doing great too!
Hi Miriam and April! And hi Shad!!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:25 AM   #155  
looser

S/C/G: 185/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

Apple - my challenge is to walk/jog 5K every day The story behind it is i want to be able to run 5K but it takes time and practice. Meanwhile i set it as a challange. I am on weeek 3 now It takes 9 weeks.

Last edited by unwanted37lbs; 04-22-2009 at 12:26 AM.
unwanted37lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:28 AM   #156  
looser

day 17 of 5K complete. Week 3 on practicing that. Today was the first day i did 3rd week practice:
90 sec jogging + 90 sec walking + 3 mins joggging + 3 mins walking + 90 sec jogging + 90 sec walking + 3 mins joggging + 3 mins walking
and so on till 5K is acomplished.

Last edited by unwanted37lbs; 04-22-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:03 AM   #157  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Red face days crawl by...as far as smoking goes

Well, I'm turning in. I can't believe it's ONLY 4 days, but it is and well...that's better than 3 days, or 2 days, or 1 day or NONE!
Still....it is hard. But not as hard as yesterday was....

Apple -- Does that mean you've completed Day 1 on the no beer? I hope my challenge gets easier. It's hard and I'm not even drinking.

unwanted -- Wow, is it 17 days already? GOOD for you!!!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:26 AM   #158  
live, laugh, love

S/C/G: 265/202/160

Height: 5'5

This is a wonderful thread..im always up for a good challenge...since my hardest thing to stick to is running on the treadmill..i find it very boring..im going to make that my challenge...running 5km a day..starting with today..i will take 3 days..but hopefully wont use any.

best of luck to everyone

angela
canadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:03 AM   #159  
looser

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianangel View Post
This is a wonderful thread..im always up for a good challenge...since my hardest thing to stick to is running on the treadmill..i find it very boring..im going to make that my challenge...running 5km a day..starting with today..i will take 3 days..but hopefully wont use any.

best of luck to everyone

angela

i do 5K as well for the challange and also on a trreadmill. Its a good warm up exercise. Oh and if you think its boring i have 9 weeks treadmill workout that i can share, With that 40 mins on treadmill fly very fast!

Last edited by unwanted37lbs; 04-22-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:01 PM   #160  

redballoon; thanks! I'm very happy to be healthy again. And Go Youn for getting over a cig craving- most of my family is always trying to quit- it's definitely a challenge

apple: Thank You! I wanted challenges I knew would be tough, but that I could accomplish I want to lose 3 by the end of this month too! Good Luck!

Canadian: I get bored running too, but I have been thinking about the C25K.... maybe next month... for now I'm still on the elliptical

as for me...
I've been much happier and feeling much healthier since I've been back on it. I went from 174 to 177 while sick (thank you pepperoni pizza) and this morning I was at 175.4- only 1.4 to get back and it's only been three days (which means it was mostly salt, but I'm still pleased as punch)

Day 3 of all three challenges

Challenge Three: Be active every day for at least 30 mins (walking, running, ellipticalling, or weight lifting)
Old 04-22-2009, 03:48 PM   #161  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Hiya everyone!

I'm pleased to say that Day 7 is complete, and ONLY because I'm accountable here. I almost forgot the Vit D but knowing I have the 21 days and to post... really kept me at it so far!

I have an appointment with the dietitian to see if she can come up with a constructive meal plan that accommodates ummm... borderline diabetes, strict vegetarianism and celiac. Looks like I might be living off of green smoothies only Red, LOL

That's all for now, folks!
miriam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:19 AM   #162  
looser

day 18 complete for 5K.
I may to take it slower this time because my knee started to bother me. Dang!
Old 04-23-2009, 11:37 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Challenge:

Exercise everyday: Day 5 - 2 pauses

No desserts: Day 23 and counting haha! I can't believe I did it!!!!!

No bad fast food: Challenge completed 4-19-09

Everyone's doing so great!! Keep it up!!
Saramommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:48 AM   #164  

Getting There!
Day 4 of all three challenges

Old 04-23-2009, 02:20 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Day 17
- Alcohol in moderation (max 1 glass on weekdays, 3 on weekends): no pauses left
- NO junk food: 1 of 3 pauses left
- 30 min of activity/day: 1 of 3 pauses left

Still at it!
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote