Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 01:13 PM   #106  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hey Patty - Sorry you're still having a rough time with your allergies. I'm sending a few endorphins your way...and I'll send more after I work out tonight - strength training class and hopefully some cardio too. While I do enjoy driving, I'd rather be a passenger, that way I can fully enjoy the scenery...without having to watch the road...or I can sleep! I just love a good car nap! And it's not good to take car naps while driving!

Last edited by diyana; 03-12-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:42 PM   #107  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Oh bloody marvellous. I have just spent 3 days in a training course learning a program which is not loaded into my computer and is not on the network to download.

I ask you!!!! They expect me to give help, support and succour??? Let me just go and succour someones head!!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 06:25 PM   #108  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WANTED TO COME BACK AND SAY I FEEL STRONGER TONITE AND THINK THE WORST HAS PASSED. IF IT NICE OUTSIDE TOMORROW, I'LL GO TO THE SUPERMARKET AND SEE IF I CAN FIND SOMETHING TO TEMPT THE TASTE BUDS! NOTHING NEW HERE. I'LL READ AND CATCH UP WITH ALL OF YOU OVER THE WEEKEND BUT I DID WANT TO SAY...........

PATTY, I AM SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS AND HE WAS STILL A YOUNGSTER! SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS TO YOU AND THE FAMILY.

OK KIDDIES....SEE YOU OVER THE WEEKEND!
Old 03-12-2009, 10:44 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Patty
I'm planning on coming to Carrollton around the 8th of July. It would be nice if we three could get together for lunch. Looking forward to it.

Mel
Glad you are feeling better but don't you over do things.

Michelle
Good for you in going to the gym. It was easy for me to talk myslef out of going due to the weather.

Last edited by ceejay52; 03-12-2009 at 10:46 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:58 PM   #110  

Guess who finished at the top of the class? 92%

Good to see all the chickies are managing to survive in the cold, cold snow. Mind you there seems to be a few strange things about. Apart from the normal whinging and whining about the weather that is.

Aaah well. I haven't got the energy to do personals right now. Maybe tonight. I'm leaving here early and going home before going out to the airport. I'm going home for the weekend!!!!
Old 03-13-2009, 08:15 AM   #111  
Happy September

JEANETTE AND PATTY...HOW NICE IT WOULD BE RO HAVE LUNCH TOGETHER.

SHAD~ CONGRATULATIONS ON THE 92%!
HOPE THE APARTMENT IS NICE TOO!

TO EVERYONE ELSE...I HAVE NOT GONE BACK AND READ THE WEEK'S ACTIVITIES. HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL. IT'S A BIT BLUSTERY OUTSIDE THIS MORNING SO I WILL ORDER THE BASICS DOWN THE STREET. TAKING CEEJAY'S ADVICE AND NOT GOING TO OVER DO IT ON THE FIRST DAY OF FEELING GOOD. I ALSO HAVE LOTS OF TAPES OF SHOWS I MISSED THIS WEEK TO KEEP ME OUT OF TROUBLE OVER THE WEEKEND.
HAPPY FRIDAY/SATURDAY AND ENJOY YOUR WEEKENDS!!
Old 03-13-2009, 08:29 AM   #112  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Hi Mel I see your light on above me. You had BETTER behave yourself young lady - don't make me hop a plane and come reprimand you for being a bad girl Just like me, remember that you have to work at feeling good. It's a reward for doing things right instead of giving in to our temptations. Hope you have some fun movies lined up. I just noticed your avatar - kissin' froggies - how cute!!!!

92% - I would expect no less of you Miss Shad. Have a quick trip home and a good time. Don't forget to pack your snuggies (long underwear) for the trip back

Ceejay - I saw lots of pink on the weather map up your way. Hope you didn't get much ice. Be careful.

Patty - we were saying the same thing about the weather. Snow one day, 70's 3 days later then rain and sleet. I know we hit some bounces up and down but this is crazy. And with everything blooming the pollen counts are insane. Everyone is coughing, sneezing or just blah. Hope you feel better.

Michelle -I've been thinking the same things you have about getting down to business on housework to free up time for the weekends now that we'd rather be outside doing things. Except we we're not fishers but we do have alot of yard projects to do. Hope you sail through your chores!

Annie - you are doing the right thing - headed for somewhere warm while it's still the tail end of winter at home. I used to love to go to Atlanta in January for just that reason Are you all packed?

I'm glad it's Friday. My first waking thoughts this morning were of all the things I need to / want to get done. That's a sign that I need to get my act together and just slam some things out before I get out of control and really get goofy. But first I have to get through this last workday of the week.

Have fun chicks, talk to you later...
Old 03-13-2009, 09:01 AM   #113  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

TGIF Worldlies..........

It's getting closer to the Tuesday departure to Texas! Yeah! This weekend will be cleaning and packing to get ready to go. Tony is going to keep Ms. Bella at his house. He is worried she might bite him. hahaha. LMAO. I told him just don't bathe, brush or clip her and he should be fine. His twin boys are a bit worried also, but I think the boys need biten a couple of times. haha

Ceejay...I am heading for San Antonio Tuesday. Arrive at 11:35 pm. Will be there til Thursday afternoon, then we head to Corpus Christi. When I say we, I mean, my gf is driving from Corpus Tuesday to meet me, then we are staying at the Crown Plaza on the Riverwalk. She and I will drive down to her house in Corpus on Thursday, then she will return me to San Antonio to fly back home. Delta does not fly into Corpus that is why the SA airport.

Michelle....wellll.......our calendar says 7 days till spring, but like where you are it is rarely on time. Hopefully it will be this year. Great job on the gym. Sometimes it takes more energy to convince ourselves to go than actually doing it.

Patty...I will be in San Antonio on Weds & Thurs of next week.

Shad...sorry to hear of you computer woes. Have a great time at home this weekend.

MEL...glad to hear you are feeling a bit better, take it easy girl, we miss you on the boards.

Happy...I am not packed as yet, but have started the "stacking" of items to go pile. Getting close.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:02 AM   #114  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Ooops...hit submit before I was ready....

Have a marvelous Friday ladies....

Hello to everyone.

Much love and many hugs,
Old 03-13-2009, 10:41 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Nothing new to report this early in the morning. I've been deep cleaning in some areas and things are a mess right now.

Happy
The ice covered tree's looked pretty again yesterday but for the most part things were mild. I called my aunt and uncle they got a lot more but it wasn't as bad as the last time. My aunt's brother totaled his truck. I told her to be on the safe side I would be there Saturday.
We are having a safety luncheon at 11 so I best get myself up and ready. Yum, fish.

Mel
Glad you took my advice and stayed put. I have to keep telling myself that I'm not 35 any more to slow down. I do like your avatar, how cute.

Annie
At least Bella will be in good hands. It might do them good to have a girl keep them in line while you are visiting.

Patty, Michelle and our Canadian friends have a good day.

Last edited by ceejay52; 03-13-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:55 PM   #116  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday ladies -

TGIF! It's been quite a week. There were evenings when I couldn't decide between the gym and beer for stress relief...most times I opted for the gym. I went last night, in fact, and did 1/2 hour of cardio followed by 1/2 hour of strength training. Not going to go tonight though as I'm going to physical therapy after work and they're going to try traction. I'm a bit nervous, but I'm hopeful that it will help. Tomorrow, the weather is supposed to "warm up" to the upper 40s, so DH and I might go for a short hike. The fresh air will do us both some good.

Mel - I'm glad you're feeling better.

Ceejay and Patty - That would be so cool to get together with other worldlies! I remember when my DH and I met Happy and her DH, we had a great time!

Ceejay - It is very easy to talk myself out of going to the gym during inclement weather. But I try and get there as long as the weather and roads are not really dangerous. I hope you enjoyed your safety lunch!

Patty - I hope you're having a great day! It's nice to see you on facebook.

Shad - Congrats on finishing at the top of the class! Have a great weekend at home!

Happy - I hope I sail through my chores too! That'll be on Sunday. Saturday is for fun in the sun! 48 degree sun....but at least there will be sun!

Annie - Have a wonderful time this weekend getting ready for your trip to Texas! I was about Tony being worried about Bella biting him....he just has to remember to follow the "rules"...just like with any woman! I totally agree that it is often more work to convince myself to go to the gym than to do the actual working out part...too bad convincing myself doesn't burn calories!

Well, I've gotta sign off for now. A few more things to finish up before my physical therapy appt.

Love and big hugs,

Last edited by diyana; 03-13-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #117  

Hello Ladies,

I am so ready for the weekend. I'm going to clean house, take it easy and do nothing.

Ceejay - I'll write those days on my calendar. Yes, we will definitely have to meet up for lunch when your in town.

Anne - the countdown has begun...

Mitchellez - Always go for the gym. Leave the beer for the weekend
I sure could use a Margarita right now

Happy - yard projects I have so many projects i want to do. I just need the good weather, time and money.

Mel - Stay warm and get to feeling better.

Shad - have a safe trip home
Old 03-14-2009, 04:56 AM   #118  

Well it is nice to be home. I raced out and checked the garden this morning. The weeds have sprouted again but this time they haven't got to flowering and seeding so I ripped them right out. Then I went to get a haircut and catch up with the pregnant niece and finally got back here to find the DB2 on the doorstep needing to access his bank account to transfer money for his car registration. What's this transfer money jazz???? The man actually has some money in his account to transfer Halle-bloody-lujah !!
Then as DS2 has to go to work tonight, I went and had a siesta myself. So shortly I will have to get cracking and start sorting the clothes. Sunday the cat has decided that a pile of crumpled newspaper on my bedroom floor (from packing boxes) was a great place to sleep. She did look cute so I took some photos on my new camera - yea I bought a new one duty free coming back from NZ and I am still getting used to it. It's another Canon digital with 10mp and a huge screen on the back. You saw the first results with the begonias and they turned out okay. You'll get to see the puss cat when I get back to Melbourne.

Again, sorry, no time for personals right now. I've got to go get a few things organised. Tomorrow I need to go do some more weeds in the path and the yard and then give the house a once over. DS2 has kept it remarkably clean and tidy but the floors need a wipe over and the kitchen could do with some love. In the afternoon I'm back on the plane to Melbourne. I have now booked my tickets for coming home at Easter. Looking forward to that one!!!

Catch you later. Good weekend to you all.

Last edited by Shad; 03-14-2009 at 04:58 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:35 AM   #119  
Happy September

HAPPY~ I PUT THE FROGGIE AVATAR ON JUST FOR YOU!! GOTTA KEEP THE FROGGIE THOUGHTS ALIVE! YES THIS YEAR WE WILL WORK OUR BEST AT FEELING BETTER AND EARN GREAT REWARDS....HAPPY BODIES!!
HERE'S HOPING YOU MADE IT THRU THE LAST WORKDAY

SHAD~ GLAD YOU GOT TO TOUCH BASE WITH THE NIECE. HOPE ALL IS GOING WELL. I WAS HAPPY TO HEAR THE DVB HAS MONEY TO TRANSFER!! MAYBE THE DS HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE CHANGES TOO? HOPE THE WEEKEND WAS OK...MUST HAVE GONE BY VERY FAST WITH ALL THAT WORK!!

PATTY~ A GOOD REST UP WILL DO THE BODY AND SOUL WONDERS. HOPE IT S QUIET ONE FOR YOU

MICHELLE~ GOOD LUCK WITH THE PT CHANGES!! TRACTION?? SOUNDS KINKY TO ME!! BUT IF YOU LIKE IT YOU CAN ALWAYS TRY IT AT HOME WITH THE DH

JEANETTE~ WHEN YOU GET DONE DEEP CLEANING...YOU CAN FLY UP HERE!!! HOW ARE ALL THE AUNTS AND UNCLES? ARE YOU GOING THERE FOR EASTER?

ANNIE~ HAVE A GREAT TIME IN TEXAS. HOPE BELLA DOESN'T NIP ANY IMPORTANT BODY PARTS WHILE YOU'RE GONE

GOOD MORNING CHICKS OF THE WORLD!!
AFTER I POSTED HERE, JOHN AND WILLY SAID THEY WOULD HALP ME SHOP AND TO GET DRESSED AND GET OUT FOR SOME FRESH AIR. I WAS SKEPTICAL BUT DRESSED AND WENT. WILLY DID ALL THE WORK AND I DID END UP FEELING BETTER. WHEN I GOT HOME I HAD TO SIGN FOR A PACKAGE AND MOTA BROUGHT MY SHOPPING CART UPSTAIRS. BY THE TIME I GOT HERE HE HAD ALREADY PUT 1/2 THE GROCERIES AWAY!! GOTTA LOVE MY "BROTHERS". YOU NEVER HAVE TO ASK THEM...THEY JUST "DO IT". AFTER ALL THAT, I WENT DOWN TO SAY HELLO TO SOME SENIORS AND REASSURE THEM THAT I'M STILL ALIVE AND WELL. IT'S ALWAYS NICE TO BE MISSED. I ENDED THE DAY EARLY...TOO MANY PEOPLE IN THE OFFICE WERE "OUT" AND I DIDN'T WANT TO GET ASKED TO WORK.
MONDAY IS MY FIRST OF POSSIBLY 3 OR MORE INTERVIEWS WITH THE GOVT SO WISH ME LUCK
OFF TO PEDAL AND HAVE A RESTFUL WEEKEND
Old 03-14-2009, 09:11 AM   #120  
Happy September

LOOK HAPPY....NO FRIGGING OLIVES!!!!

Mediterranean Ricotta, Feta and Spinach Pie
Main Dishes > Vegetarian
Friday March 13, 2009
COURTESY OF DR. DOUG BISHOP

Not having a crust to mask the taste of the filling, allows the mediterranean flavours of this quiche to shine through!
Ingredients:

1 bag of fresh spinach, cooked
1 Tbsp dried bread crumbs
1 cup of fat reduced ricotta cheese
3 large eggs
½ cup of 2% milk
¹/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
¾ tsp minced garlic
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
pinch of grated nutmeg

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 350°

2) Allow spinach to cool. Lightly squeeze out liquid and coarsely chop.

3) Lightly coat a 9” pie dish with cooking spray. Sprinkle with bread crumbs to coat.

4) Beat together remaining ingredients with a wooden spoon. Stir in spinach.

5) Pour into pie dish. Bake for 35 minutes. Let stand for five minutes then cut into 8 portions and serve.

Exchanges:

Makes 8 servings.

1 piece = 1 protein or meat serving (75 calories)
Closed Thread