McSkinney's Loozing Floozies March Madness! Floozies Gone Wild!!

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • WELCOME!!

This is a great group of gals ready to offer support, motivation and the all important friendship needed to reach our weight loss and health goals.

Ok, ladies! Time to get off our bum's and get to moving and a losing! Spring is going to be just around the corner! Almost time to pull out the Summer wear and show more skin. Let's go wild and drop some pounds this month!
  • I hope it was ok to start the March thread. Let's set a few goals this month ladies. Personally, I feel like our small group is getting smaller and smaller and lacking motivation. I am as guilty as anyone to come here, check in and never bring up my daily struggles with weight and eating. I am afraid we are getting stagnate and will soon fall apart. If your interested in keeping this group together, then lets set a one month challenge THIS MONTH to check in daily and post anything NEGATIVE or POSITIVE about our weight loss journey.

I'm in, how about you????
  • It's COLD here today! I'm making a big pot of stew made with veggies and ground turkey. Lunch was a new Smart Ones pizza and tossed salad ~ it was very good! We will probably have a tossed salad with the stew tonight.

For Lent, we have been eating some of the Morning Star veggie protein products on meatless days. The Chick'n patty makes a great sandwich with a bit of light mayo, lettuce and a few peppercini slices to liven it up.

I have also been trying to eat one ounce of almonds a day. I picked up a jalepeno flavored almond. Yummy, but just have a glass of water nearby too! :-)

Well, I hope everyone is having a great weekend & staying warm!!
  • Almost 24 hours and I am the only one posting...
    Pulling us to the top...
  • Not a good day for me diet wise. We had a big reakfast after church and then Allie and I went dress shopping. On a good note she did find an Easter dress and her First Communion dress! I wish I could of stayed away from the wine though, once we were home. I am back on track first thing Monday morning!
  • Hey Ladies!!

Gayle, I have no problem with you starting a March thread for us!! I'll try to check in everyday, too, to keep things going! The only days I may have problems with will be the week-end, because I have my hands full between Jake and Tupperware!

I've been trying to not eat after 4:30. So far, I've lost around 4 pounds. I'm ready for the weather to straighten up so I can start adding some outdoor exercise (well, exercise IN GENERAL) to my life.

I had a Tupperware party this week-end. Sold right at $400 for a $100 profit. Not bad for less than 2 hours of "work."
  • Cheryl, do you get hungry eating and stopping so early in the day? I tend to THINK I need a snack in the evening. I wish I had some of your willpower right now. I had a nutritional shake for lunch, but ate way more then I should of for my evening meal. I just can't seem to get motivated and stay motivated.
  • Quote: Cheryl, do you get hungry eating and stopping so early in the day? I tend to THINK I need a snack in the evening. I wish I had some of your willpower right now. I had a nutritional shake for lunch, but ate way more then I should of for my evening meal. I just can't seem to get motivated and stay motivated.
    Gayle, I don't get hungry, because I EAT! No shakes for me! Yesterday for lunch (between 1:30 & 2:30) I ate a FOOTLONG Subway BMT with a bag of light Lays. I don't deprive myself of food, I just don't eat after 4:30! It would have been like eating 6 inches of the sandwich at 12:00 and 6 inches of the sandwich at 6:30 or so at night--I just at it all at once mid-afternoon.
  • I love Subway too! I really am not a fan of the shakes, but I'm lazy! Yesterday was going to be a super short lunch for me and it was easier to grab a shake compared to heating up soup or making a salad. :-) I am the queen of laziness some days! Today for lunch, I'm home, so I'm having some leftover turkey stew.
  • Ummmmmm......Turkey Stew sounds yummy to me--it's cold here today!
  • Cheryl-I can't imagine not eating after 4:30!! We don't even eat dinner until 7PM most days. I am just starting my workout at 4:30. I wish I was as strong as you to do that!

Gayle-I couldn't find the rest of the Feb thread. I will try to come here every other day at the least. I have been guilty of being on FB and not checking in here enough.

I am going to change my tracker to my current weight. Maybe that will motivate me.
  • Shelley, as inactive as what we are, I'm sure the February thread is buried way back in there somewhere! :-) Sorry I started a new thread, but the other one was 3-4 pages long. I wish I could do what Cheryl is doing too. We usually shoot for meal time around 5:30-6:00 but most times it is around 7:00.

Cheryl, what is your favorite Subway sandwich? I love the Italian, heated, with the southwest sauce, not so diet friendly though! :-)

Yesterday was a good day for me. I stayed on plan and also stayed home! Was able to get some things finished. Heading to the tax guy this morning along with picking my mom up so she can ride along and get out of the house. She is having good days and not so good days. I guess this goes along with her condition. She will never be like she was, age and health is catching up with her.

I miss our others here on the board! Sometimes I wonder why we even try to keep a group going here. Seems like most of us stay in contact via email, other sites etc.
  • Gayle-I'm sure our little vacation chickie will be posting soon. She is so busy in PV! I really like FB because we can see what each other are doing on the newsfeeds. I think Cheryl and Suzy are the only ones not on there right now.
    Good for you on taking a day off from work and staying OP! Talk to you later.
  • Gayle - thank you for starting the March thread.
    We kind of lost track on why we are here on a weight loss forum.
    It must have been a Subway day yesterday.
    I had to wait for an hour to get my hair cut and went to subway for lunch.
    I had a six inch turkey sub on wholewheat. Lettuce, tomato, onion and green pepper with sub sauce. I am wondering of the sauces which ones are lower in calories. I didn't put cheese on it. I had a diet coke with it.
    For breakfast I had Special K with yogurt instead of milk, for dinner I had a BBQ chicken breast with broccoli with shredded cheddar on top. I wasn't hungry. I think the key is to eat not wait until you are starving and eat thinks that are easy to grap. I got rid of all the junk in the house, I have no will power and will give in to the cookies etc if they are handy.
    I do have some weight watchers cookies though.
    I will change my ticker too and stay totally honest.
    Cheryl are you still going to WW?
  • This week I took my car in on Monday because on the weekend I had a light coming on. It was going to be $3000 to fix. I was in total shock. My car was a 97 and not worth putting that much money into. I just went on the lot and bought a different car. I bought a little 2002 Cavalier. I only paid $4800 for it and it only had 29,000 Kilometers or about 18,000 miles. I love it. I've been touring around shopping etc just enjoying my new car. I have to go to work today though. BUMMER.