Old 03-26-2009, 08:09 AM   #61  
Janice

Dee- Dez is in my prayers. I am sorry I haven't checked in for a few days and was sad to hear she has to go through this. Stay strong.
coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:06 PM   #62  

Hello everyone! Jake is sick and Stewart is sick, so I've been baby-sitting both of my men for the past couple of days.

You know, I found out something today that tells me a lot about why Stewart is the way he is. My regular baby-sitter is out of town, so I took Jake to Stewart's aunt today. While I was there she told me she felt sorry for Stewart when he was little (probably 3 1/2 years old, or so). I asked her why and she said that Beth (Stewart's mom) "made" over his little brother but treated Stewart badly. I told her I knew that when he was around four or five she would lock him out of the house and make him play under a tree in thier yard. Stewart's aunt said that when Beth had her hysterectomy she, Stewart and Jason (the little brother) stayed with her for about two months. She said that one day Beth lost her temper with Stewart and Karate chopped him across the back on the neck so hard that she made his feet fly out from under him. He landed on the tile kitchen floor and busted his mouth. Stewart's aunt said that she and Beth had words over that. I can't say that I blame her, I probably would have karate chopped her as hard as I could in the back of the neck! She said that the only love and sympathy Stewart got in that house for the whole two months was from her, not his mother.

Now, Stewart has never said that he was abused as a child, and he may not remember and/or consider that abuse, but I consider that child abuse. And when a child is treated like that it is going to affect how he/she is as a grown up. Stewart makes me mad enough to spit sometimes with some of the stupid things he does (but, he is a man), but that story makes me want to go home and hug him and tell him I love him.
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:40 PM   #63  

Oh boy Cheryl that must have been a rough chidhood for Steward! You can't even imagine what else might have happened to him.

Thanks for all the prayers ladies. We need to keep positive vibes flowing to dez and get the pacmans to eat her cancer up.

I am off to go shopping downtown. I am tired of being stuck indoors. It has been so cold and stormy here.

Have a good day ladies.
Deelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:44 AM   #64  

Dee-I haven't been on for quite awhile. I am sending prayers to Dez. Can she have surgery to try and remove the cancer? I will be following on FB. Again, I am so sorry I didn't know.

Hey, I found Doni on FB. I have suggested you all to be friends for her.
ShelleyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:15 PM   #65  

Shelley Dez is having surgery on April 17th. With that surgery her survival rate is a 60% chance for 5 years. I am not sure what it would be if she wouldn't have the surgery and I don't even want to go there.
With the heavy load of her taking nursing it is probably a blessing in disguise. She is swamped with all the work so doesn't have as much time to think about what is going on but it will probably show up with her marks dropping. That should not hurt her to bad as she has a really high average.
Deelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:56 PM   #66  
Losing it!

Dee, is Dez going to try to continue with the nursing? It might be the best therapy for her... who knows... bless her sweet little heart to be going thru something like this at such a young age. Thank goodness she has such a wonderful family support system. Have you heard of the caring bridge? It is a great site to stay in touch with friends/loved ones while coping with a illness etc. i have a niece setup with a page while going thru a problem pregnancy. Just a suggestion, it may help Dez relieve some of the stress during this most difficult time.
gdeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:18 AM   #67  
Janice

Where is everyone these days!!!

coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:53 AM   #68  

Janice-I haven't been good about checking in. I normally checkin at FB. I need to get back to coming here everyday.
ShelleyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:01 AM   #69  

STOP!!! A new APRIL thread has been started!!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote