3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Aussie Chicks 2009 (1) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/163747-aussie-chicks-2009-1-a.html)

smylie 02-05-2009 03:52 PM

Aussie Chicks 2009 (1)

I hope this is how i make a new one! I was thinking the other day we needed one...... I hope you all find it!!!??

I had so much to say then I got distracted by the new thread thingy..

Will be back later

I had a sneak peak at the scales and i have lost 700 or 800 grams already this week which gives me "incentive" to keep doing what i'm doing

jemima just stripped off and i was a tad confused why coz it is not bath time or anything and then she went and got the scales... she wanted to be like mummy.. sigh what am i teaching this girl!

7senuf 02-05-2009 04:38 PM

Lol Was just wondering where you got to Kel. Maybe PM the others with a link to this new thread. I was just on looking tryin to figure out how but you beat me to it. haha
Had a crappy week, i HAVE to stop binge eating when i go to bed to read.
Goal for today - Go to bed and have NO FOOD

PerthChick 02-05-2009 06:03 PM

Kel that story about Jem copying you on the scale cracked me up :D. That is too funny!

Vonni ban food from your bedroom! It's a habit that will get harder to break the longer you do it. Are you eating at night because you're hungry? Are you eating enough during the day?

I had a better day yesterday - 1520 calories and 3L of water. I feel really bloated today and my tummy is sore - don't know what that's about, but I'm sure it will pass.

Today's plan is to reach all my goals and stay strong.

7senuf 02-05-2009 07:45 PM

eating cause its something to do. and i crave sweet does anyone know a way to beat craves?

PerthChick 02-05-2009 08:14 PM

Vonni in order to beat cravings you have to understand them. In lots of ways those carb binges are like getting a hug from your best friend. Carbs trigger insulin, which in turn promotes the release of serotonin from your brain.

And serotonin helps regulate sleep, reduces pain and calms your nerves - given what you're going through with your health concerns, it's fully understandable that you need some soothing, and some comfort.

But if you want to beat those cravings it's important to find a different way to soothe and comfort yourself. Come up with a plan, or maybe even find some carbs that are less calorie laden.

Are you OK? This waiting to find out what's going on must be awful :hug:.

7senuf 02-06-2009 01:17 AM

Yeah I'm ok. There's always someone worse off than me so i take trhe good with the bad. Mind you........ I find myself losing my temper very easliy lately. And it seems the kids are naughtier too. grrrr. And thjose demands STILL havent stopped.

We are going to movies tonight and i asked him please dont talk about S E X and just enjoy the evening. He came here in a mood. And then told me he reckons i am testing him to see if he strays so then i can tell him its over. He couldnt be further from the truth and it makes me SO D A M N MAD That he thinks so twisted.

Quite frankly the reasons are simple. And I've told him the reasons but it just aint sinkin in.
1 I am tired tired tired tired
2 It hurts because I am tired and don't really feel like it, when i do its just because it's easier to give in than listen to the crap.
3 I don't like doing it when its planned or the only topic of conversation
4 Yes I do think if he could NEVER had it with me again he wouldnt want to be with me. The reason i think this is because when he gets a knockback he gets moody and leaves like a 2 yr old having a tanty.

That makes me feel used and like he only wants to be with me for that and not the company.

No I've had THAT vent.

Yeah about the waiting for tests etc..... I'm ok with it all, yes I do wonder whats going on, but I am not letting it consume me. What worries me more is if it is cancer and i get treatment how can i cope with my kids the way the are. They aren't going to change overnight and they wont understand enough TO change for me. And I know that being reasonably free of stressors helps enormously in ANY medical treatment. Its not the results, but the after i get the results that i am concerned about. IS my life going to be turned upside down or will it go back to normal?

On top of that I havent been on work roster for 5 weeks now the boss TOLD the line manager not to put me on cause he doesnt like me basically. So finances are pretty tight. I worked 4 hrs 5 weeks ago and got called in yesterday so at least I'll have a few dollars next week. Had a big chat with line manager and told her give it to me straight. Told her I know Boss doesnt like me BECAUSE I stand up for myself and others and what is right and wrong and i also said that I wouldnt WANT to be any other way. Then I asked her what she or boss would do to pay their mortgages or car if they were suddenly dropped from working without any warning.

Shoot gotta go Eb slammed fingers in door. catch soon

smylie 02-06-2009 07:07 AM

vonni are they allowed to not roster you on?? that is a load of c rap!
you dont need another 2 year old you have one of those so tell your fiance to stop being a big baby.... threatening straying is not cool of him
also - swap the cravings... do you like cordial.... i've been having diet raspberry cordial whenever i crave something i dont really have spare calories to eat

julia - i was thinking you said you eat in front of the telly.... have you thought about distracting your hands with knitting or what i do which is my nails??? or my cordial.... or i sort stuff (when we have the telly out i will either eat or fall asleep in front of it if i dont distract myself) i will bring out a box of stuff from the study and seperate it into other boxes....... it at least means i am not eating.....

ani - i had something to say to you to but i have forgotten.... i thought of it at work today....... doh!

pacman12 02-06-2009 10:28 AM

This is the guy that wants you to marry him? He's not doing a good job of convincing you to sign up for life with him!

My mum was saying she feels old and ready to die. I said "come on, you have to stick around to see your favourite daughter married off" and she said "Oh, you'll never get married off". I was like "Um, thanks Mum!". She then said "oh, I mean because you like your own company too much etc, not because you won't find someone". Hmmm... thanks.

Got a pharmacology exam next week... eek. It's bloody hard this semester. Between fulltime work, being on call 24/7 for every 1/5 weeks and doing two masters degrees, I'm going nuts. Got less and less energy to do anything, because it seems there's so much to do. Like me with my weight really... it's all too hard, so I'm doing nothing. And going to sleep every Sunday night thinking "THIS week, I'm going to eat well and go to the gym". Yeah, right.

Lindor 02-06-2009 11:48 PM

Today is my first day of freedom!

Mum left yesterday...I am all alone now. Well it's me, the dogs and the cat!

I'm excited about being able to get on with my own things now. I spent this morning rearranging things that Mum had set up, unpacking the last of the boxes, clearing the left over sh!t from my fridge! I am ready to start my new lifestyle! At last this is my New Years Resolution time!

So...

...I vow to shop every Monday. I promise to buy only what I need (give or take the occasional treat maybe!), and to buy real food...no more frozen, prepacked meals!

I vow to cook real food either daily or to stock up for a week each weekend.

I will have some form of friut and veges everyday!

I will do regular house/garden duties that will burn up a sweat!

I will at least consider a walk in the evenings (although it has rained nearly every evening since I got here!) or some form of exercise anyway.

I promise to, at the very least, log on to 3FC every day, and to post more frequently!

I will enjoy my freedom from my family, to enjoy being my own person!

And I will officially weigh in on Monday! I have not set foot on the scales since before arriving here and although I think I have managed to control my intake a little I am still concerned that I may have gained at a steady rate. Monday will tell!

Alright, that is my input for today. I promise to become more involved here from now on.

PerthChick 02-07-2009 08:06 PM

Lindor you sound like a woman with a new lease on life. I am so happy you're determined and feeling positive! I KNOW you can do this, and I am really looking forward to seeing how things go for you over the next six months or so.

Vonni I have to agree with Gen. Do you really want to invest your future in someone who is so neglectful of your needs and sulks when his own aren't being met? Don't you compromise, you deserve so much better than being treated like that. I'm not suggesting you walk away from him - only that you need to let him know that this kind of behaviour is not good enough.

Hey Gen! How about doing a PhD in Loving Yourself :p. I know you're a super-intelligent high achiever, and I will be the first to tell you that I really admire your determination and strength. And I worry when you say you're telling yourself you'll start next week. Next week is always a long way out of reach, and far enough away t not have to think too seriously about.

I'd love a dollar for every time I said "I'll start tomorrow" or "I'll start Monday" - usually as I was about to give in and gorge myself on something. I would be rich enough to pay cash for a house :D.

Amy where are you? Are you OK?

I have had a good week with meeting my goals. I know I will record a gain tomorrow and that's OK - I've avoided the scale for a few weeks and have eaten anything that wasn't nailed down. But the important thing is that I have had a good week, got my head back in the right place, and feel like I am back on track.

Aren't those fires in Victoria devastating. I feel really, really sad about it. Growing up in the NSW bush I have lived through three major bushfires, and they are the most frightening things you can experience.

pacman12 02-07-2009 09:06 PM

Good plan, Ani. I just don't know if I can afford that tuition (or meet the admission criteria) ;)

7senuf 02-08-2009 04:15 AM

Yeah those fires are so horrible. I was tearing up when watching the special on it today. So many lives lost. So sad. :(

PerthChick 02-08-2009 02:59 PM

I've gained 1.4kg in the few weeks since I last weighed in - idiot! Now I have to do the work to lose it AGAIN :mad:.

This week's plan is to just stick to my goals and to take good care of myself.

Those poor people in Victoria. I feel terrible about those fires, and cannot begin to imagine what the survivors and firefighters have been through.

smylie 02-08-2009 04:10 PM

1.4kg! is that a reason to weigh in more often so you can keep it in check! that doesnt seem like you!!!

Today i am 97kg that is a loss of 1 kilo!!!!!!!!!!!!! this non diet thing is actually working..................

jemima has just come in smelling like spray and wipe so i gotta go see how she helped me this morning.... the teddies also are covered in it and she is naked........

but i will be back to do personals

oh and vic bushfires so so sad, what a terrible way to die

Lindor 02-08-2009 04:35 PM

Stupid machine!!

Had a full post but I lost it when submitted!!!

Important bit...

...I weigh in at 96.1kg! And that was after breakfast and fully clothed. I forgot to do it before hand!

Gotta run!