Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 09:14 AM   #196  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Jamie - Congratulations on losing 35 lbs! That is awesome.
Heather - Hope the sinus thing is better today.

I still feel like crud, but I'm back on-plan. I can't keep putting this off. My clothes are tighter and I can see the weight gain in the mirror. Today, I'm tracking my calories again and I'll be on the treadmill for at least 30 minutes.

Have a great on-plan day.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:37 PM   #197  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

I tried the mushrooms again.

Tonight for dinner I made a Boca burger with some sauteed onions and a few small mushrooms. I did add a slice of cheese which I haven't been doing lately. I figured I would want something to help cover the taste. I will admit it tasted pretty darn good. I did have to try really hard to not focus on the fact I was eating fungus. It is going to be a big mental thing because I have avoided them for 30+ years.

Overall I will say they were a WIN.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:31 PM   #198  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
I tried the mushrooms again.

Tonight for dinner I made a Boca burger with some sauteed onions and a few small mushrooms. I did add a slice of cheese which I haven't been doing lately. I figured I would want something to help cover the taste. I will admit it tasted pretty darn good. I did have to try really hard to not focus on the fact I was eating fungus. It is going to be a big mental thing because I have avoided them for 30+ years.

Overall I will say they were a WIN.
You are a wild and crazy woman
I've been off in pms/tom drama land. Back now.

Billie for getting over your of shrooms.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:14 AM   #199  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Where is everyone??? I know my computer is still being repaired so I won't be back regularly until after the weekend. I do have news to report though. Our road dried up enough to get outside and wog. I made the kids do a mile with me yesterday. We did have to walk for about 1/4 of it because of some leftover ice but I was wogged everything I could slow as a snail.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:24 PM   #200  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

I have hired a trainer and start on Saturday. Four week commitment. Hopefully she will get me started on the path to weight training, since that is where I need the most help. Being the cardio queen is not working.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:55 PM   #201  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi. I've turned into the consumate lurker as I get fatter and fatter.

Billie, I'm so proud of you, you wogger you!
Anna - sounds like a great decision.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:45 AM   #202  
Accepting who she is

i was not here as much when i could not exercise, but now that I have recommitted, I am back. My eating never got off track, but every time I got on the treadmill, the demon spawn emerged from the bodies of my children. And the plan to get up early? Time change totally ruined that for me.

So now I have a trainer to whom I will be accountable, and that probably will mean that I have to get up early to do what I have to do.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:55 AM   #203  
Accepting who she is

Knowing that I was going to turn in my food logs to the trainer tomorrow, I lost 2.6 pounds this week!
Old 03-20-2009, 10:25 AM   #204  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

I'm back too...just with the mindful intention to DO something. More later from me, I just have to get back into the groove! I was doing SO well up until the dead of winter...story of my life...and story of every single frickin winter since 2003 or so. OK. Today is the first day of Spring. Winter is over. Ready, set, GO!
Old 03-20-2009, 11:57 AM   #205  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

I am back too. I am dealing with things right now but doing ok so far. Winter blues are the suck!

Anna, Congrats on the loss.

Billie, great job on wogging!! How's your foot?

Last edited by pintobean; 03-20-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #206  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manick View Post
I'm back too...just with the mindful intention to DO something. More later from me, I just have to get back into the groove! I was doing SO well up until the dead of winter...story of my life...and story of every single frickin winter since 2003 or so. OK. Today is the first day of Spring. Winter is over. Ready, set, GO!
I am seriously considering St. John's Wort for next winter.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:23 PM   #207  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Anna, I am interested to hear how it goes with your trainer, I've always wondered what that would be like! Congrats on the loss! Please share the details of your experience with us!

Now that I've spent two weeks eating bruschetta and drinking wine practically nonstop I really need to get back into a healthy eating groove. I've had no problems maintaining exercise, but I've been downing a couple of bottles of wine and about 6 pounds of bread and 3 pounds of dark chocolate every single day. Sadly, exercise simply will not cover that kind of consumption.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:28 PM   #208  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manick View Post
Actually, never mind. I just plan to live with Jo from the weekend after T-giving until April.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:03 PM   #209  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

I did start back on St. John's Wort and Vitamin D in Jan 2008 when I went off of BC's for good, BC's don't work well with St. John's Wort (also when I found 3FC). I've been taking it since then with a bump up during PMS time & then back down. It has made a remarkable and noticeable difference for me! Winter of 2007 I was literally having a hard time getting out of bed. So, in that regard the last 2 winters have been a big improvement over that year. I see an overall upward trend in my mood and daily activity level over the last 2 years.

Now I just have to get well enough to start back into some consistent walking and running and I am sure I will feel even better. My cousin is getting married Aug 1, and my birthday rolls again around right after that...I am using that as a "reward" trip hanging out there on the horizon for all the hard work I plan to do these next 4 months! I even have the dress I WILL wear hanging up in my closet. It WILL fit on Aug 1.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:44 PM   #210  
Accepting who she is

The trainer was very nice. She is pregnant right now. I may see if we can barter some doula/training services.

She did a health history and we went over my goals. We talked briefly about nutrition, and we both felt that I had a handle on that, but she offered to look at my stuff and help me tweak as needed. We went over her "rules" (bring water, eat before you come, no make-ups for no-shows).

Then we did my assessment. Weight, BMI, body fat. She said my numbers were probably very off for body fat because they were pretty high. She said that number if often high if you are dehydrated, and we know how I am about drinking water....

She analyzed my gait and said I have upper cross syndrome, mildly: http://www.lifewest.edu/courses/syll...edsyndrome.pdf
When I walk, my palms face completely behind me. So I need to work on my posture. I knew this was a problem with golfing, but I did not know its name or what happens.

She had me run for 5 minutes, then we tested endurance by having me do the seated-squat against the wall. Major fail. I did 32 push ups (modified). We did a flexibility test, which she said was great for a woman my age.

She is going to work up a routine for me, and we will go over it next week.
Closed Thread