Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 09:08 AM   #91  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Let us know how the appt goes. I'm taking my little kid (Max) to the vet today for his annual and to get his anal glands emptied. Ick.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:10 AM   #92  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Ha the vet has offered to teach me how to do the anal glands - I will gladly keep paying them to do it.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:15 AM   #93  
Michelle the Vegan

Yeah, I've tried to learn how to do it, but I'm afraid I'll hurt him, his seem tricky. And it is so gross too. I didn't think Darcy would have the problem. This is the first dog I've had that has to get his emptied.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:07 AM   #94  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I called out sick at work today. I have not done this in a long, long time.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:14 AM   #95  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Hope all the pups check out fine.

Rhonda - Hope you are either start feeling better or are you just taking a mental health day?

I have good news. I tried on my pair of goal pants. They are a size 16 dress slack. The last time I tried was between Thanksgiving and Christmas and I couldn't get them anywhere near my hips. They were stuck at the top of my thighs. I tried again this morning after DH made a comment about me losing my butt. I got them all the way up to my waist. Obviously it will be a long time before I can even think about doing them up but I am pleased I made it to my waist. Then I dug out my jeans that have been hanging out in my closet. I can wear them all now comfortably. Yippee!
Old 02-17-2009, 12:29 PM   #96  

Darcy started having to have her anal glands done about 2 years ago. It is far too gross for me to mess with.
Darcy is okay for now - on daily glucosamine and I have pain meds for an as needed basis. She's just bascially an early senior dog at this point and some problems are going to occur.

Rhonda there is nothing wrong with a day off once in a while. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Zinke - way to go!!

I hope everything is okay with Max today also.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:33 PM   #97  

Glad to hear about Darcy. Hopefully she will do better for the x-ray next time.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:10 PM   #98  
Michelle the Vegan

I'm glad it was nothing specific with Darcy, yay! Old age does suck. Has she been taking the glucosamine already? I saw no improvement in either of my dogs (or me for that matter) taking that stuff. I'm curious how it will be for you. I've heard other people rave about it. I guess it only works with specific body chemistry or something.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:18 PM   #99  

Darcy hasn't taken anything before so I guess we'll see how it goes. They're very into alternative remedies at the vet so we also have doggie accupuncture and laser heat therapy as treatment options if it continues to progress. Vet said they've actually had very good results with the accupuncture for arthritis. I've been cracking up picturing Darcy with needles sticking out of her =P
Old 02-17-2009, 01:44 PM   #100  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Oh glad to know about Darcy . She and I can trade stories about Glucosamine . Getting old does suck. I take it for my knee. Glucosamine/Chronditin has helped me definitely. My knee is better not 100% but a whole lot better. I hope she feels better after taking it.

Accupuncture for dogs. I'm trying to imagine it

Last edited by pintobean; 02-17-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:22 PM   #101  

I was recommended to try acupuncture for my neurotic self mutilating cat. Never did. I read an article the other day about how people complained of less pain when they had needles randomly inserted into their skin, not necessarily at the energy points generally prescribed. That was interesting. Who knows.

I'm feeling pretty good today. Today will be OP day #3. I haven't been POP for 3 days in what feels like a million years.... but more like just since the beginning of Jan when I lost two weeks in a row. Just need to keep up being consistent...

Zinke - awesome on the pants! That's wonderful!
Old 02-17-2009, 05:21 PM   #102  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

I've had good results personally with acupuncture, I imagine it might help if it comes to that.

Just stopping by to say eating a fresh grapefruit seems to knock the chocolate craving right out of me!

Zinke, that is exciting progress!

I am totally stalled on the WL front. I will be fat in Mexico, I have faced the fact. A few margaritas and micheladas should help with the whole 'being in public in a bathing suit' thing.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:41 PM   #103  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manick View Post
I will be fat in Mexico, I have faced the fact. A few margaritas and micheladas should help with the whole 'being in public in a bathing suit' thing.
That's the spirit. Don't let your weight stop you from having a good time.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #104  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls,
Funny that this thread has gone all animal lately. I am currently dog sitting for my neighbor. She has a really sweet ~1yr. old cockapoo. Yogi will be here until this weekend.

I took on this task to remind myself that this household-- read, I- have too much goin' on to start up with a dog right now.

This weekend I really wanted to just go to the pound and get a dog. DH reminded me that I am the one who has listed all the reasons why a dog just does not work at this time. But I really miss having a dog, whaaa whaaa.

Anyway, this doggie is my bud and I do love having a pupple in the house

Yes, the anal glands... the vet did give me a tutorial back in the day, and I also decided that the visits were well worth it...

Food, life, exercise took a nose dive but I am working on resolving issues in order to keep a lid on the self destruction.

Mannick, Mexico sounds really good and your attitude is awesome --way to go! drink some corona for me!
Billie, you are shining right thru the web...
Jo, I'm not sure-- was your marathon solo or a sponsored one in S. FL?
Heather, do you have three mastiffs??
Jaime, I have heard that prozac is used in cats with good success.

tomorrow is the first morning while taking care of Yogi. It will be a challenge getting out the door at 7a to make my train... wish me luck!
Old 02-18-2009, 08:05 AM   #105  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Smile

Morning everyone

Nothing much going on my side. I'm kinda feeling blah for some reason. I hope to come out of it soon. I will be at a training session rest of the day so that sucks.

Food Plan:
B - Oatmeal and coffee
S - 1/2 snack bar
L - PBJ sandwich and grapes
S - ?

Billie, awesome about the pants. Keep it up girl. You're doing great.
Jaime, what did you do for dinner last night?
Manick, have fun in Mexico. You look wonderful. And the WL will happen.
Jo, how are you doing?
Rhonda, hope you're feeling better today
Lucy, totally understand about everything taking nose dive. Hang in there girl. My weekend wasn't the greatest either.

Last edited by pintobean; 02-18-2009 at 08:09 AM.
Closed Thread