Old 02-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #31  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Thursday....

Shad...enjoy your trip/vacation. You sound frustrated as heck. Things will turn around, all will be good.

MEL...take care of yourself, stay off the puter, altho we do miss you!

Michelle...Hope work is settling down for you. I am a crazy lady, most days at work.

Happy...It certainly is a cold one here too. It was -6 on my car thermometer this morning. Come on spring. Tomorrow's high is 40, then 50s on the weekend. Yeah! Melt that snow. Then flooding will be next as it is supposed to rain also.

Went to dinner with a GF I hadn't seen in 6 years. We laughed and talked and hugged. It was a great time. Had Grilled Chicken Margarita at Chili's. Quite yummy.

Going to get the laundry done tonight, it is stacking up nicely....haha

Have a marvelous day all.

Love and Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
It's nice to have enough frequent flyer miles to go on vacation. Enjoy your get away.

Annie
Glad you enjoyed the time with your gf.

I'm getting ready to go to the doctor yet again one more time. Then make a trip to the income tax office to have the taxes filed.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:01 PM   #33  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Weird weather all over the world at the moment. Ice, snow, water, heat, fires, cyclones, flooding, you name it. It is all out there.

I'm off out into the garden in a minute to plant out some more little plants and do some fertilising around the joint. Never ending job ensuring the weeds don't come back around here. Nevertheless, all those little seedlings much mean that all those seeds left in the soil must be germinating but wont be able to seed any more. Got to be a reduction in weeds eventually.

Today will be a day of ticking off a few more things on the list, staying cool, drinking lots of water, and getting ready for a bbq on Sunday. I'm about to test out the new furniture on the patio with a group of family and friends. Some more weeding is in order and a spray or two to knock off the regrowth down the side of the house.

Michelle - what's going on. You haven't mentioned problems this week or have you and I haven't read properly?

Happy - I think the next job will probably come not from this bunch of recruiters but from word of mouth. I just have to wait patiently. It's fortunate I plan for these times.
Very happy Birthday to DH

Annie - grilled chicken margarita - sounds fascinating. Do you drink it or eat it?

Ceejay - yep it is nice to have ff - but you suffer to get them. Imagine all those metal tubes I have been in hurtling around the earth going to a lot of out of the way places. I still have enough left for a business class trip around the world as well.

Okay - off to plant, dig, water and then breakfast. Yahoo.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:48 PM   #34  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Shad - Enjoy your vacation! Everything is okay. I've had a bit of "ex" stress, that I created/perpetuated myself and I'd rather not talk about it. Plus work has been very stressful.

Annie - I wish we were gonna be having 50 degree weather, but I'll be happy if it gets into the low 40s.

Ceejay - Good luck at the doctors!

Happy - I hope you're doing well. Happy Birthday to DH. My DH and I are going to Gurnee on Saturday to Bass Pro Shops for some fishing seminars.....It should be a lot of fun....and it will remind that spring (and fishing) is not too far off.

I had a wonderful physical therapy appointment earlier today. She did an excrutiating painful deep tissue massage on my lower back and SI joint. That's what she did last time I had physical therapy a few months ago. It hurts like h*ll at the time, but REALLY eases the pain and loosens everything up! I gotta remember to drink lots of water today to flush out all the toxins that the massage loosened up (or whatever).

Despite feeling physically and emotionally drained after stress and drama (that I created all by myself) about my ex, I went to the gym last night and did an Abs class and a Step class - the step class was a little jarring for my back. But overall, it improved my mood a lot due to the exercise. Gotta love endorphins. My physical therapist said she'd like to see me avoid Step and Kickboxing for awhile at least and maybe permanently. Bummer. I really, really like Step. She said the most important thing for me is flexibility stretches and strengthening exercises. She said I can cardio on the machines (treadmill, eliptical, etc.) or in the pool.

Tonight, I'm doing a strength training class at the gym, followed by a dance class, as long as it's not too bouncy. Well, I'm sure some things will be bouncing...but I gotta not jar/bounce my low back.

Less than an hour to go before I leave for the day. And then it's Friday! Yay!!

Love and hugs to all,

Last edited by diyana; 02-05-2009 at 04:49 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:54 PM   #35  
Creating a Healthier Me

Just to add...I need to remind myself that my life is really great now. I have a wonderful hubby who loves me and has for nearly 20 years, and I wouldn't change a thing. I need to quit thinking about/stressing about/crying about the past and focus on the present and the future.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:08 PM   #36  

Doctor's report
He thinks it's a pulled muscle. I do remember moving the tv cabinet down about 2 inches last week and the tv was was on the inside. I will not be doing that again any time soon. I really have to watch the way I move because the pain is so intense. One lady in the doctor's office waiting room thought I was going to fall and jumped up to help me. The nurse came and got me. That's how bad it is. This time rx's for muscle relaxers and pain pills. The pharmacy was out of the pain pills but will have more in the morning.

I didn't have the taxes done because of the spasms plus they had a lot of cutomers. I'll go in the morning. The pharmacy is close by.

Michelle
Hugs. I wish I could keep myself out of the past and focus on the future too.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:55 AM   #37  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Friday ladies -

And it truly is a happy Friday. I had a wonderful, long talk with a woman I know who is a counselor, and she helped me sort everything out. What relief I feel. I can truly now put the past in the past and be SO grateful that my life has turned out as it has. I'm so happy in the present and the future looks so bright, I gotta wear shades!

Ceejay - Do take care of yourself. Muscle pain/strain is nothing to mess around with. Ice and heat often help a lot. I hope the pain lessens soon.

Shad - Have a wonderful trip!

I'm so excited it's supposed to warm up to 40 degrees today and tomorrow! Yay!

Here's to a fabulous Friday for all of us!

Love and hugs,
Old 02-06-2009, 08:56 AM   #38  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Howdy chicks,

Another pound down at weigh in yesterday. I'll take it. I guess I have to go dry and not drink my usual load of water and tea before I weigh in Cold weather is gone. Nice weather is here for a few days

Michelle - glad you were able to work through your issues. Sometimes the past comes back to haunt us. I didn't realize you've been with DH for 20 years. That's a LONG time. See you wound up with the right one after all

Ceejay - hope you feel better. It's so easy to mess something up shifting things around

Shad - you're having a party and didn't invite us Hope the BBQ turns out nice for you.

Annie - I'll try and push some of our warmer air up your way. Depends on who pushes harder - me or Ruthie

Mel - glad you're coming around the bend. Yes, I do read emails. The problem is that I THINK I have replied when I guess I didn't

Gotta run now and get ready for my 9am meeting. Happy Friday!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:50 AM   #39  
Creating a Healthier Me

Congratulations, Happy! That's awesome!!! Enjoy your success and the nice weather! My DH and I have been together 19 years. In some ways, it doesn't seem like just the other day when we started dating, and in some ways it seems like he and I have loved each other for ever. I truly believe he is my soul mate.

I'm hearing rumors now that the temps might be up almost to the 50s! Heck, that short sleeves and no jacket weather!

Mel - I'm glad you're feeling better. Take good care of yourself.

Hugs,
Old 02-06-2009, 09:56 AM   #40  
Annie - Indiana

TGIF!!!

Howdy ladies...got everyone in the enrollment meeting and I am taking this time to drop a line or two.

Going to the movies and dinner with Tony tonight. We are going to see the Frost/Nixon movie. We have been wanting to see it, but not got around to it yet.

DS got a job with a temp agency, it is temp to hire, so keep your fingers crossed they do just that.

Happy....Whew Who...great job on another lb down. You are rockin' in this new year. Keep up the good work! Proud of you, sista!
Old 02-06-2009, 10:02 AM   #41  
Annie - Indiana

Wow, hit post before I was done....

Shad...I love gardening...can't wait for that weather to get here. The margarita chicken is an edible. It was very good too!

Michelle...I love massages. They do wonders for me physically and mentally. Yes, Life is Good and God is grand!!

Ceejay....better living through chemicals is my motto....you need to find a man to do your lifting around there, even if it is a teenager from the neighborhood. You should not be doing that stuff. Take care of you!

Gotta clean the house this weekend. Since the baby boy and one of his buddy's came last weekend, their bathroom needs scoured and the sheets washed on the beds. At least I have something to clean, very excited. Got all the laundry done last night. It was only two loads, but that is enough.

Probably go visits my parents this weekend and Samantha is coming over to color my hair. Man, 4 weeks goes fast. My dark roots only show about halfway back, cause the front half comes in a beautiful snow white. hahahaha

Hello to everyone.

Much love and many hugs,
Old 02-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #42  

Happy
Remember that a gallon of water weighs 8.34 pounds.

Three muscle relaxers later and my back is sore but no spasms that bring me down to one knee.

I'm going to Paragould this week end. I'm hoping not to find electric poles laying across the highway.

Have a good week end every one. I'll be back tomorrow to do personals.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:05 PM   #43  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - Have a great time tonight with Tony. And have fun this weekend getting your hair done, housecleaning and visiting your parents! That's great news about your DS. I hope the job does become permanent.

Ceejay - Be careful driving to Paragould if you're taking muscle relaxers.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:30 PM   #44  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morena,
And another beautiful morning in the great South East it is too.

Happy - my humblest apologies for not inviting the chicks to bbq with the family on Sunday. Just rock on over, OK? Mind you, I am not sure whether any of you will be coming for the food or the sunshine, but not to worry, we have an abundance of both. I'm serving up bolar of beef stuffed with something I haven't figured out yet, Orange duckling, hasselback potatoes and a variety of salads from spinach and strawberry to potato salad. We are having a jelly set with fruit and cream or yoghurt for desert. Haven't sorted the antipasto yet. Maybe dukkah or maybe not as I can't make oil light. Everything else above I can cut the calories but not for oil so cancel that one. Maybe a bit of finger food like blini or something. I will sort something out no doubt by today.
Well done on that pound down. Take everyone you can snatch back.

Michelle - that deep tissue massage sounds wonderful. Ensure you get the best benefit from it - no jarring the back while you work out.

Ceejay - take care with the muscle

Annie - Fingers are crossed for jobs all around - your DS and me too. Enjoy the movies.

We're a fairly small mob these days aren't we. Aaah well things happen for a reason. Hope Mel gets back soon, she is sounding brighter.
And I better go plan out my day. I have a biggish shop to do so will get that out of the road asap. Shops open in an hour. Might take me that long to make a list. Meantime, I'll go finish off the coffee, take a shower and get on with some chores around the house.

See ya
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:36 PM   #45  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all,

Although it's almost noon here. Got involved in organizing some of the finances this morning which ate up quite a chunk of time. Also loaded some more songs on the Ipod as I need something to cruise me through the cleaning today.

Although it's grey skies, there are mild temps - yee haw There's just something energizing about warmer temps after the winter cold.

Shad - although I had to look up several items on your menu, the bbq sounds delicious! I see you are doing strawberry and spinach salad too I'm sure your guests will enjoy the spread. I know I would if I could make it

Hope you are feeling better Michelle and Ceejay - ease back into the daily grind.

Annie - for the DS. How was the movie? Ha ha on the hair - know what you mean

Sorry I can't really hang around here much this morning. Already spent too much time here and I have alot to do. Might be back tonight. Enjoy your weekend.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote