Old 02-22-2009, 03:50 PM   #151  

Rose - I just went on yahoo website and type in rehersal dinners bbq and found some sites. Purpletrail.com looks like it has lots of ideas..
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #152  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Sunday everyone -

I've had a very productive weekend so far. I spent most of yesterday cooking "make and freeze" meals for the week, which makes it easier for me to get to the gym after work. Today, I spent all morning and the early afternoon working on websites. After I sign off here, I plan to head down to the basement and pull up the nasty ol' carpet we have in the area we want to turn into our exercise area. This will involve moving some boxes, etc., but I'll have my back brace/belt on. After that, I'm calling it a day and going to have a relaxing evening. I have to get up extra early tomorrow because I have to be at work by 6 am to check that reports ran and balance. Everyone on my team takes turns with this, and this week it's my turn. It's okay though because since I get to work at 6, it means I get to leave at 3 pm. And I've got a meeting after work with the owner of the pet sitting company. She wants me to help with marketing in my area.

Annie - I hope you're enjoying your weekend and not spending the entire time cleaning.

Mel - My lungs are doing great this weekend, and I'll be wearing a mask when I go down to the the basement to pull the carpet up. I don't want any dust clogging my lungs up. I hope your eyes are doing better, and I hope your shoulder and neck feel better soon.

Ceejay - Good for you for sleeping in yesterday. I hope your 12 day work week is starting off well. Hang in there, rest as much as you can. That's so cool that you're seeing robins already. I hope they arrive here (and bring spring with them) soon.

Patty - We're having a gloriously sunny day here. Yesterday we got between 8" and 9" of snow, so DH had to snowblow the driveway and back patio today. I took a Severe Weather and Tornado Spotting class a couple years ago as we live on the north side of Tornado Alley - we don't get as many tornadoes as to the south...but we get our share. Good for you for being so dedicated to getting up at 4:30 and exercising in the a.m. I just can't bring myself to exercise before work, so I come home, let the dogs out, change my clothes and go right after work. You and Rose are so right....people come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. Through Facebook, I have been able to reconnect with many old friends. It's so wonderful to be in touch with them again.

Rose - We don't have fire alarms here, but we do have tornado sirens that get tested once or twice a week. When it's tornado season and the weather is right for a tornado, if you hear the siren, you quickly look at the watch to see if it's noon (when the siren testing occurs). That's great that you and Toby had such a nice walk! It's so great that you and your future daughter-in-law get along so well. I've been fortunate to have wonderful relationships with both my mothers-in-law (previous and current). I agree with Happy on the pulled pork (or shredded beef in au jus) sandwiches, baked beans, and salads for an October BBQ.

Happy - Sounds like you had a great day of reconnecting! What a perfect way to bring sunshine to a cold, rainy day! Congrats on the nice compliments from your manager and her manager! When is your mom coming to visit? We don't have the tickets finalized for my DMIL, but she'll probably arrive in mid to late April and hopefully stay into August. Hopefully the snow will be done by mid April so we can go fishing. We did get several inches of snow, and I think we got more snow than the Chicagoland area. At least it was the powdery stuff and not too difficult for DH to clear with the snowblower. We're supposed to get rain and snow later in the week. I just wish spring would get here soon! But DH keeps reminding me that winter usually lasts until mid to late April. That's great that your DH is going to join you in losing weight! I'm hoping to get my DH to come to the gym with me one of these days. I'm looking forward to receiving some of your fave recipes!

Shad - I hope your new job goes well and that you're having a wonderful time with your friend. Have you found a place to stay yet?

Ruth - I hope things are going well for you!

A big to everyone!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend...it's downstairs to work in the basement for me!

Love and hugs,

Last edited by diyana; 02-22-2009 at 03:56 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #153  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I AM SAYING HELLO AND GOOD MORNING TONITE. I HAVE PLANS TO BEGIN GETTING THE LAUNDRY TACKLED AND IT INVOLVES GETTING DOWN THERE EARLY. I WAS ALSO THINKING THAT NIGHT TIME WOULD BE BETTER FOR POSTING WITH THE GOOD WEATHER SO CLOSE. I WOULD LIKE TO GET UP, PEDAL AND GO OUT EARLIER THIS YEAR INSTEAD OF WASTING COOLER HOURS ON THE COMPUTER. PLANNING AHEAD FOR MY FACE AND EYES....I NEVER WANT TO GO THRU SOMETHING THIS PAINFUL AGAIN
EVEN WITH THE SHOULDERS, THE WEEKEND WAS GREAT AND I RESTED A LOT AND ATE HEALTHY FOODS. LOVE THE MILDER WEATHER. OPENED THE WINDOW FOR 5 MINUTES TO LET THE STINK OUT! I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO A BETTER MONTH IN MARCH. FROM A DISTANCE...MY FACE LOOKS ALMOST NORMAL! :
HAVE A GREAT MONDAY TOMORROW

ROSE~ SO GLAD YOU AND THE FUTURE DIL ARE GETTING ON SO WELL. WISH I COULD GIVE YOU SUGGESTIONS BUT I AM SORRY TO SAY I HAVE NONE!! THE ONLY PARTIES I EVER GAVE WERE FOR BIG CROWDS AND I MADE ITALIAN DISHES IN ALL MY NEIGHBORS OVENS!! AND A HUGE POT OF SAUCE WITH MEATBALLS AND SAUSAGE AND BRAGGIOLE (MEAT ROLLUPS). THAT IS THE EXTENT OF MY KNOWLEDGE!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU WITH THE IMPENDING WEDDING AND ALSO WISH YOU LUCK WITH THE NEW PASTOR!! ENJOY YOUR SOUP!

HAPPY~ IT WAS GOOD TALKING TO YOU AND NO IT WAS THE SHOPPING THAT DID ME IN AND LIFTING 2 CASES OF WATER AND A SMALLER CASE OF CANNED FRUIT AND THEN PUSHING THEM AROUND THE STORE FOR OVER AN HOUR! HOPE THE DH AND YOU DO VERY WELL TOGETHER ON THE WW AND WHAT LUCK THAT HE WANTS TO LOSE ALSO!! I WAS ALSO HAPPY THAT YOU GOT ALL THOSE KUDOS ON THE JOB!! THAT WAS THE BEST NEWS!!

PATTY~GEEZ...I NEVER THOUGHT TO GOOGLE SOMETHING LIKE THAT AND I LOVE GOOGLING!!

MICHELLE~ I WAS JUST GOING TO SAY SOMETHING BUT I SEE YOU BEAT ME TO THE "MASK WEARING" STUFF!! GOOD GIRL!! I DID SOME CLEANING LAST WEEKEND AND TOOK A ZYRTEC BEFORE I BEGAN AND WAITED ABOUT 15 MINS LIKE THE DR RECOMMENDED AND IT WORKED GREAT. MUCH LESS STRESS ON FACE, NOSE AND LUNGS. NOW THAT YOU DID ALL THIS WORK OVER THE WEEKEND...I HOPE YOUR WEEK IS AN EASY ONE!!

HELLO TO EVERYONE ELSE WHO FOLLOWS IN THE AM!! HAPPY MONDAY TO YOU ALL

Last edited by MELODY525; 02-22-2009 at 06:11 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:12 PM   #154  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning, afternoon and night!!

I'm hear, not settled into an apartment yet but will be checking that out tonight. Weather is okay, but it will get cold soon, you can feel it coming.

No time for personals. Only just got my access and now I need to go do training!!!! talk about 'I'm here before you, to stand behind you, and tell you something I know nothing about. '!!!!!! I'm learning about wind turbines fast!!!!! Now they need me to put maintenance strategies and plans in place.

Yikes, Yikes Yikes!!!!!

Last edited by Shad; 02-22-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:45 AM   #155  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Monday seems to roll around quickly, doesn't it?

Mr. Feral came by sometime last night - I was about to go out the door to put some things in the garage and good thing I look out the window before I open the door. He was all curled up snoring. Not really but he looked like he would be. He just stirred a bit when I locked the door and he is still there this morning - all curled up and cozy in his bed. He needs a good rest.

I spent all weekend on the phone. Sometimes I'm torn between getting things done or just saying that keeping close with folks is important too. I will just have to tackle the work load after work this week, a little each night.

I have a gyne appt tomorrow. At this stage in my life it's like what's the point?

Oh Shad, walk in the door, stand up and teach me? Geez, gimme time to take my coat off, will yah? Good luck with that! So I take it you are some place where it will be getting a bit chilly will yah? Did you pack the snuggies?

Love the new avatar Mel! It's good to mix up your routine and probably a better idea to tackle the work first and then get on the computer later. You can lose alot of precious time sitting in front of the screen. I know. Glad to hear your face is getting better.

Michelle - you make me feel lazy with everything you are doing Sounds like you had a very productive weekend. 8 inches of snow! Oh I'd be soooooo very tired of it by now. At least it was the fluffy stuff. My sister was saying it was colder than cold over there. February always felt the coldest to me because by that time I was so over winter. You are a brave person to be at work at 6am and then off to the gym. I'd be pooped.

Patty - that was a great suggestion about Googling about the reception. I am a master Googler - didn't even think of that. I love how you can find just about anything on the Internet.

And with that, I need to get rolling here. Have a good one ladies.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:57 AM   #156  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning and Happy Monday!!

Work is crazy busy today.

Got the house all cleaned yesterday then slept the rest of they day and night, I don't know what took over my body. I was just plain tired and sleepy.

I have my annual bariatric check up tomorrow morning. Will find out my levels on bloodwork of a couple of weeks ago.

Michelle...I have taken 5000 units of BIOTIN for hairloss and nail growth since bariatrics. I have had minimal loss of hair and my nails grow like weeds. You may want to let your friend know about this.

Shad...glad to hear you are settling. Getting back to work to take a break from cleaning??

MEL...It is only 25 days till spring. March 20th, hope mother nature cooperates with the calendar.

Rose...I haven't seen a robin yet, but have heard the birds singing. Especially the coo of the morning doves.

Happy...hope this week is less stressful for you. With DH on the weight wagon, you may do even better. It helps to have support like that.

Ceejay..wake up sleepy head, I had the same kind of weekend.

Hello to everyone.

Love and Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:01 AM   #157  

Good Morning Worldlies, Thank you so much for the great suggestions about the online company party planners. Thank again Patty! Geez Shad the worst is trying to helpful when you aren't even sure what would be helpful good luck!
Mel, nice to see you doing some thing good for your eyes and take care!
Happy you must have been busy making all the recipes yesterday. That is a good project to do to help the week go easier without alot of cooking.

My soup turned out great! Am sharing someday to get a second opinion. I need to make more the last through the week. The service was good I do think the vestry is going to give him an invite to serve at our parish. It will be quite a change from Tennesse to Idaho!!!!

Well, Monday is upon us once again and I am still trying to do my steps although I didn't sleep well last night at all.....so burn out could come earrly today. The other worldies must be busy and not posting or even waving our way as they pass by!!!!!!!!!

Take good care today everyone....
Peace,
Rose
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:35 AM   #158  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Monday morning ladies -

I'm tired today as I had to get up at 4:45 so I could get to work by 6. But at least I get to leave early. Yay! I'm going to a meeting with the pet sitting company owner after work...and then after that, I'll go home, take care of the dogs and then go to the gym. Busy day ahead for me. I got the carpet pulled up in the basement (and I did wear a mask which helped tremendously) , now I just have to clean and organize the area so that we can set up our exercise equipment. Between my bad back and DH's bad knee, this may yet take another 1 or 2 weekends...but that's okay...as long as it gets done.

Mel - So nice that you are getting milder weather. We're still getting frigid temps here (in the single digits this a.m.). I'm glad to hear that your face is healing up nicely.

Shad - I know you've got a lot on your plate with finding an apartment, learning about wind turbines, etc., but I have every confidence in you! You are the miracle worker remember and if anyone can handle these daunting tasks, it's you!

Happy - I'm glad to hear that Mr. Feral got a cozy good night's sleep. I am very tired of the snow....we all are here. Tired of the snow, tired of the cold. But since it's only February, I'd better just accept that we probably have at least another month of winter. Good luck with your gyne appt.

Annie - What took over your body was all that cleaning! No wonder you got tired! But YGG for getting it all done. I commented on your Facebook page that after you were done cleaning your house, you should come clean mine. Good luck with your bariatric appt and thanks for the tip on BIOTIN. I'll tell my niece. Does Indy actually get spring in March (when the calendar says it should be spring)? If so, I'm incredibly jealous. Since I've lived here, we've never had spring before mid-April, and frequently we get snow in early to mid-May.

Ceejay - I hope work is going well, and that you're finding time to relax after work.

Rose - Glad to hear that the service yesterday was good. Do as many steps as you can, but listen to your body and rest when you're tired. Could you please post your soup recipe?

Well, I've got lots to do.

Have a great day everyone!

Love and hugs,
Old 02-23-2009, 10:58 AM   #159  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Yikes, Michelle, hardly ever do we get spring when promised, but it is a good thought.

If you are the praying type.....my doc office just called, my mammo came back not so good. There is a change in the tissue area that they cannot really see well, from the last mammo. I have to go back this Wed the 25th for additional imaging and ultrasound. I am a bit nervous as my mom had breast cancer with masectomy about 15 years ago. I know, stay positive, it is just a smudge or something on the film.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:29 AM   #160  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hey Annie - I will say prayers for you...and definitely do stay positive. There are so many things it could be...a smudge, something on the film, or something equally harmless. I, too, have a history of breast cancer in my family - my sister had breast cancer and a mastectomy at age 41, so I understand your nervousness. But like I said, there are so many possible harmless explanations. Hang in there.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:14 PM   #161  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
I might be late with this Nae, but for my family barbies, I stick a chicken or duck, a small roast of something like lamb, beef, or pork and/ or a fish in the Weber (kettle) bbq and have something like chops or sausages on the grill for anyone who doesn't like the above. I also bake or roast veges in the kettle and serve 3 types of salads with the lot - usually potato, green salad and a pumpkin or rice salad. I have lots of different types of sauces, gravies and salad dressings which can be made days in advance to put over the meat, and salad as required by the guests. Hot Bread rolls and you are done. If you want dessert, try a low cal raspberry, blackberry or portwine jelly made with one cup of water (instead of two) and a cup of frozen mixed berries. If you put it into a jelly mould or one of those moulds with the hole in the middle, you can fill the hole with fresh strawberries (looks like a volcano when it spills out lava) or whatever is in season or you can put cream in there to jazz it up or fill it with green mint leaves to make it look pretty.
Have fun. Of course if it is the wrong time of year for berries, you can use an orange jelly and mix it with mango and peaches or apricot bits.
Hope that helps.

Back maybe later with more personals. For now I'd better scram.

Last edited by Shad; 02-23-2009 at 05:16 PM. Reason: spelling dear, spelling
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:36 PM   #162  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WELLLLLL.... THE NEW SCHEDULE IS WORKING OUT MUCH BETTER. HOPE IT CONTINUES. ALL IS WELL TODAY. JEN AND I HAD A GOOD CHIN WAG ON THE PHONE. THEY ARE SOUNDING MORE SETTLED NOW. HOPE IT LASTS!! TOMORROW IS SHOPRITE AND I NEED SOME PRODUCE, CHICKEN, AND THE GRANDSON NEEDS BLACK OIL SUNFLOWER SEEDS. I AM ALSO THINKING OF SOME MEDITERRANEAN-STYLE DISHES BUT WITHOUT SPICES! I WILL SEE WHAT TEMPTS ME. NOT MUCH NEW. HAVE A GREAT DAY TOMORROW

SHAD~ GLAD YOU ARRIVED SAFE AND SOUND AND ARE LEARING ALL ABOUT THOSE GIANT TURBINES. THEY ARE ALL OVER THE USA AND GETTING MORE POPULAR AS THE MONTHS GO BY. GOOD LUCK! ENJOY!

HAPPY~ POOR OLD MR FERAL AND POOR HAPPY HAS A CAULIFLOWER EAR FROM THE WEEKEND. I FEEL THE SAME ABOUT THE PHONE. TAKES TIME AWAY FROM REAL LIFE... HOPE THE WEEK GOES WELL! GOOD LUCK WITH THE GYNE! YOUR POST TODAY MADE ME HUNGRY BOR THE BARBIE!!!

ANNIE~ SENDING YOU ALL MY BEST THOUGHTS TO STAY POSITIVE AND TRY NOT TO WORRY AHEAD OF TIME. COULD BE JUST CALCIFIED TISSUE. (((((HUG))))) KEEP THE FAITH ANNIE! GOOD LUCK AT THE DRS.

ROSE~ I WAS THINKING OF YOU THIS MORNING WHEN I PEDALED. WAS WONDERING HOW YOUR STEPPING WAS GOING. ARE THE DEER AND OTHER 4 LEGGED CREATURES OF GOD STILL CLOSE TO THE HOUSE?

MICHELLE~ HOW NICE IT WILL BE TO HAVE A SPECIAL PLACE IN THE HOUSE AND NOT EVEN HAVE TO LEAVE...ESPECIALLY IN BAD WEATHER OR WHEN THE MOOD STRIKES YOU TO JUST DO SOMETHING GOOD FOR YOURSELF. NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES TO SET UP. HOPE YOU BOTH ENHOY THE SPACE.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:37 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Just stopping by to say hello. Ii ithought I would be working 10 days in a row but just found out that I'll be off Thursday YIPEE.

I've had a busy 2 days of work. It's just now slowed down some. I have gone over the 10,000 steps today.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:41 PM   #164  
Creating a Healthier Me

A quick check in and quick confession. I didn't get to the gym tonight. After work, followed by the meeting with the pet sitting company folk, I was pretty tired. I'm going to try and get to bed early as I didn't sleep well last night.

Talk to you all in the morning!

Love and hugs,
Old 02-23-2009, 09:59 PM   #165  

Hello Ladies -

Annie - I will keep you in my prayers. Have you got results from blood work?

Mooz - Hum.. i'm coming to your house next time you have a barbie. Your menu sounded delicious. Hope you get settled soon.

Mitchellez - i know the feeling, last night i stayed up and watched the Oscars and this morning hit the off button on the alarm. Luckily for me Mr Blackie woke me up. Missed my workout though.

Ceejay - Way to go getting in 10,000 steps. What kind of pedometer do you have? I bought one a while back from Target, but didn't like it. It kept resetting.

Happy - I know what you mean about being on the phone. Most of my family, we'll cousins and their kids are on internet. We do alot of family emails and my sister did a group yahoo calendar, that way we know all b-days. We're many miles away yet by emails, it's like were right there.

Mel - glad the new schedule is working out.

As for me I'm on my 8th day of eating healthy and i have to admit i do feel better. I just need to remind myself of this feeling, when i'm tempted by the fast food.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote