Old 01-14-2009, 10:38 AM   #16  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning...
Feeling much better today. I am just getting ready to hop on the treadmill. Just wanted to pop in and say hi!

Hi to Wildthing Don't all the ladies here stick with you in your heart even though you have been away? I know they did with me.

BBL
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:55 AM   #17  
It's my turn to shine

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5'4

Hey Ladies!!!! I am doing my first real check in again!! I am so excited. Andrew has decided to jump the final wagon with me. I say final wagon because I refuse to fall back off. I feel stronger about it this time I think. Anyways I am fixen to go on a rather large walk with him. Its gonna be big. I want to walk for at least a half hour. But not a stroll. A huff and puff walk. I did change my diet up a little. i am doing the diet my dad got on when he got diverticulitis. Its high fiber, no starch, no iceberg lettuce, no seeds. I can eat the seeds because I am not sick. I dont want to eat the lettuce because its hard for it to digest. It sticks to your intestines. The other lettuces dont. I can have red and Romain and spinach all day long. Anyways I am gonna eat beans and turkey meat. Its like chili but its not. i think it will be good. I hate beans but I think these might be good. They smell wonderful. Well let me know how yall are doing! I will check back in after my walk and let you know how much it hurt me. It has been a while since I have exercised. Bye!!!
Sassy- I loved that poem. I want to memorize it so that when the dark time comes it will help me though!

Luckycharm- You are so right. Last night I made up my mind to fight this and I immediately had to get back to the girls. They were right there on the tip of my mind!!!

Last edited by wildthing; 01-14-2009 at 11:56 AM.
wildthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:59 AM   #18  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Just a quick Hi...I will be back to do indies after I get little miss Camrbie off to preschool. Getting ready to give her a bath and some lunch...too early because she just had breakfast at 8:30...little booger slept until 8...should have woke her up. Going to go buy some groceries after I drop her her then will be home for the day! Anyway...I'll be back later.

Have a good morning!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:04 PM   #19  
ugggg.....

Welcome back Asia!! We have all fallen off the wagon at least one time.
Love the poem Sassy!!
Glad you are feeling better Kathy!!
Quick hi back at you Cristina!!

Mindee--be careful with ADHD diagnosis--Ry has alot of the symptoms but actually is not--google Cynthia Tobias--she has a great book called "The Way They Learn" and another book that helped was called "The Woman's Guide to Personalities?????--I will have to go home and check to be sure.
(it was bugging me...http://www.amazon.com/Womans-Guide-T...956393&sr=8-24) (Ry is popular, Jerry and Teri are perfect and I am a peaceful--it's why Ry and Jerry butted heads buring the teenage years--they don't care about the same things and why Jerry and Teri are butting heads now--they both think they are right in EVERY argument and neither gives in and why they ALL drive me crazy trying to keep everyone seeing the others point of view)

Hi to everyone else!!

Mom has four enlarged lymph nodes including the one that she felt that is causing slight pain--she goes to get biopsied in two weeks, unless it gets larger or the pain increases--I am going to be a mess until I know what it is.....

Back to work, even though I CANNOT concentrate!!!

Last edited by jules1216; 01-14-2009 at 01:15 PM.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:06 PM   #20  
Not Giving Up

Cristina - You need to send me a picture of you so that I can put it on my treadmill. Yes Seriously.

Well I am really close to saying that my Valentine's Day Challenge Goal is impossible. WHAT was I thinking? Today I actually did it in 39:55, but that was 60 seconds jogging at 5 mph, and 60 seconds walking at 4mph until I reach 3 miles. But at 10 minutes when I was ready to say I can't go on, I thought of my dear friend who would put in 80 more minutes, and I kept going. And then I thought truly how fast I do 3 miles at the end of this is really not as important as the effort of just doing the exercise and see how close I can come to reaching the goal.

Well I must run and get ready to go into town. I will be back later.

Jules - to you. I will be praying for your mom and you.

So this is the missing Asia - Nice to meet you.

Last edited by luckycharm; 01-14-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:10 PM   #21  
ugggg.....

Kathy--I will take all prayers and hugs sent my way!!!
Old 01-14-2009, 01:11 PM   #22  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

popping in here to see how every one is doing.....

Jules~ I will definitely check out that lady here in a second. He has some ADHD tendencies, but he doesn't have them all, as far as we can tell because he isn't in school. And that was where a lot of the warning signs would be shown, or at least on one of the websites that I was looking at said.

I have to run and email the office manager to see if I can get another plastic kit for our doorwall. I asked yesterday and she gave me one but that was for our bedroom window. to do two windows yesterday, it took four window kits! (they kept ripping and sticking to each other.) I am going to attempt to fix the one in the boys room that Logan just ripped.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:18 PM   #23  
ugggg.....

Mindee--here's her site http://www.applest.com/. Ry about drove me completely nuts from the womb he was such a live wire....it all changed once he grew up, not that he still doesn't bounce around faster than the rest of us.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:41 PM   #24  
kitty Momo

Good Morning,

Asia- Nice to see you back! We have all missed you. How was your Christmas?

Kathy - Never heard of Mamma's Boy. I think your challenge would have been hard, at least for me. I could never speed it up and I tried. You're right though the effort is everything! I am glad you are feeling better.

Jules - I can't kill annoying men?? What if I already did?? lol I am sorry you all will have to wait, must be torture.

Katy - You too! I am not sure which one is Jillian, I will have to go look. I have this dumb area on my left hip area, been like that for a few months. What do you think that is????

Sassy - Like the poem too,thanks for sharing it. I love snap peas! I saw a recipe w/ snap peas and radishes mixed w/ a low cal Italian dressing, might try and make that sometime.

Francie- How is your week going?

Cristina - Did little Cambrie get off to school ok? You have to drive her or a bus picks her up? I was an absent minded parent this morning and let Gab eat out of the peanut butter jar w/ a spoon as I did the dishes. Didn't realize she was getting it all over her leggings. Ugh. So, had to dash upstairs for anther outfit to put on her. When we got to school all the kids were already going inside. Course she had to complain that I didn't get her there on time. Turd.

Sue - Hope you are having a good trip to Vegas!

Tammy -

Mindee - Hope you and the kids are having a good morning.

anyway - I spent my morning getting my benefit papers in order and turned in. I thought my medical started in Feb but it won't start til March. I could have sworn that I started in late Oct. I guess it was 11/6. - blah - blah.

Grocery shopping is my only thing on the to do list today. Swimming tonight and back to work tomorrow.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 01-14-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:55 PM   #25  
kitty Momo

Katy- Ok. I went and saw Jillian, the hot dog chick,right? See,my mind is wired to remember people that way. lol I like her actually and Jason seems to like her out going personality. I do like Stephanie a lot though, look forward to her one on one next week. Not sure though if I would let my little girl be on camera meeting him.

anyway - toodles again
Old 01-14-2009, 04:44 PM   #26  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good afternoon ladies...

Susan...love the new pics on myspace...I know only you know your body best but you are looking good missy. I don't see where you need to lose even a pound! But as I said, you know your body best and what you are comfortable at. The girls are so purdy too! I take Cambrie to preschool. I am watching her M-F again. I pick her up on Mondays, Tues, and Thurs mornings and she spends the night Tues & Thurs night..so I don't have to drive so much. But then I take her too preschool on M-Tues & Fri and Josh or Charlotte pick her up. Hey, I eat out of the peanut butter jar, lol. Don't tell anyone but I use my finger sometimes, lol...who needs a spoon?! Sorry about the insurance, I thought you started end of Oct too!

Kathy...I agree with Susan and you of course. I know for me (I am slow) I could never do less than 45 minutes. I feel like I am walking at a good pace outdoors but I'm not...good pace for me. I just concentrate on getting the exercise done and not so much the time. And I should be talking because it is after 3 and I've not gotten any in today, yikes! Trying to get on some kind of schedule to include it while I am watching Cambrie. Just hate doing it all in the evening. Glad you are feeling better. Here's a pic for ya...

Jules...more prayers for your momma, and hugs to for you all. OMG! The stinking salad at CEC is terrible. I too thought I should have just got the freakin salad bar deal after seeing the price for that little bowl was $4.99 There should be a law!!!

Francie...I thought of you yesterday when I saw the commercials for the Shopaholic movie. Kind of disappointed in it...thinking they should have gotten someone else to play the lead. How's the workouts with the hubby going? How is your BIL doing and have you gotten any snow yet?

Asia...good to see you back, was wondering and hoping things were well with you. Good to see you getting back on track.

Sassy...here you can go to your first meeting free to decide if you think it is something you want to do. So that's something you might want to check on too.

Tammy...I think it was you who asked how old Ernie dog is...he is 13 1/2...we have had him since he was about 8 weeks old I believe, back in 1995. Can't bear the thought of losing him...it's killing me. I try to stay out of Josh and Charlotte's life/business but it's hard...they drag you in. I think she had this idea of the perfect inlaws and how she fits into the picture...she really barged into the family. I didn't have much time to get used to her or the idea of having a DIL she was just there. But she feels like she has to be in our lives so...at the same time though...if I am not around I get "You don't care" ugh...can't win for losing, lol...damned if I do and damned if I don't. Hope you are feeling better today!

Katy...hope you have some relief from the bleeding and cramping. Hey, I was telling the hubby about your hubby being in the parade and he said he saw them on the telly yesterday morning, not sure on what but he said they were talking about them, UGH! I missed it!

Mindee...glad they fixed the window...bet it is COLD there! Brrrr!

Susan, you mentioned hot dog and it made me think of the Biggest Loser. Last week they sent half the people home and told them if they did good they could come back...as long as their team member was still there...of course there is more too I believe but...one of the guys really teed me off because he went home and met his family at some little hamburger joint and he ordered water and then ordered two hot dogs and fries WTH?! of course I am sick of the show already because they kicked the old man off last night...I wanted him to stay because I thought the young kid had a better chance of making it on his own. But thinking right now, maybe not because it was his brother that got the hot dogs and fries!!!!!! Anyway...

Ive not gotten anything at all done, lol. I think I am coming down with a cold...not feeling so great, kinda grumpy for some reason. Getting ready to do a load of clothes and then will probably exercise after Jeopardy. Getting so lazy!!! I did get Cambrie off to preschool though and got some groceries bought so I guess it wasn't a total bust! Chat later ladies, unless I turn in early.

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 01-16-2009 at 04:36 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:37 PM   #27  
kitty Momo

Cristina - You do a lot for little Cambrie. I wish I could have counted on my mom to do that for me , I might (biting my tongue on this....because I am a mermaid at heart) not have moved to the coast. Now I sit here having to count on her father. Argh.
It has been ok (I lie, not really) so far. He has been able to pick her up from school and be there til evening when I have to work. Still, who wants to be that close to an ex???? lol
The R's father is difficult to but at least I trust him.
I know. I thought I started in late Oct. If I want to cover Gaby it would cost $244, so I have to think of that. I don't know how I can afford everything.

I feel ok now where I am in weight. I figure if cut all the loose skin off I would be around 132 .....seriously. I have skin around my mid section and around my upper legs that I could take the carving knife to. lmbo. I wish. I wish I was wealthy enough to have plastic surgery. But, thanks!

Hope you are having a good day! Enjoy Jeopardy Sorry, I don't mean to be a downer, just tired now.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 01-14-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:17 PM   #28  
RosieKate

Susan- you sound tired...take care of yourself, okay? Yeah Jillian is the hot dog chick. I thought that was kind of silly at first, but she is outgoing and seems pretty sweet. idk about Stephanie and bringing her daughter along so soon and on tv...that doesn't sit well.

Cristina - like the picture - you are looking fit!

Asia - welcome back..we missed you. we can all get on the wagon together..I certainly haven't been losing lately and I need to get it in gear, that's for sure!

Jules - your Ry and my James sound lot alike...J ran circles around everybody for the first four years of his life. I was never going to have another kid because he was such a handful! He calmed down a bit by 4 or so and, well, the rest is history He's still a driven kid...I don't know why the rush, ya know?

Mindee - I second Jules' suggestion...lots of kids have some of the traits, but not enough to qualify as a diagnosis. My DD's preschool teacher thought something was up with her so we had her evaluated...I thought we should as , as you pointed out, certain behaviors show up when they go to school. Turns out she's just quirky...all the tests came back fine. It's good to be concerned and keep an eye on him.

Kathy - good job on the treadmill...I see Cristina has a picture up for you to put on it...I should put it next to my Wii fit..next thing you know, Cristina will be everywhere!

Well, I have to get going and take Leigh to tap class. My cramping and bleeding have stopped, thank goodness. I feel much better today, though a bit tired. Now I just have to wait for test results. no fun.

so far, carbs are ok for today... will work hard to not blow it at dinner.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:06 PM   #29  
Not Giving Up

Howdy everyone

Ok I now know that I have to try and get a picture of my mother to post up here. She was walking on the treadmill, playing the wii. Too funny.

Katy - Glad that you are starting to feel better. Hope you get a couple nights of good sleep. Sorry that you have to wait so long to get your test results. I bet Leigh is quite a sweetheart in her dance gear. Does being so driven help J in school? Bet he's a great soccer player.

SusieQ - You could move here. Then you wouldn't need to worry about the ex's. But there really is no water around here. You are a strong woman. Ok Momma's Boys is pretty much the same as the bachelor BUT it is 3 guys, and their Moms are there with them and they have to approve of? Or pick? the girl. Not sure which one. Haven't watched it because one of the moms was so unreal that I turned it off.

Cristina - You do look fit. And walking 3 miles in 45 minutes is still 4 MPH which is a good clip. Does your DD work? I agree with you about the biggest loser. I did not want Jerry to go home. But wow him and his wife look totally great. Also, I think that the wrong chick went home of the grey? team. I was so glad that Bob has his freak out at her.

Jules - How old is Ry? Did he bounce off the walls as a teenager also? My other DS is 17 and he is so laid back, not in a hurry at all. Drives me crazy sometimes when I am trying to get him out the door. Cole is a little that way to. Nothing to hurry for. Cole's teacher did comment that he does like to take his time with everything he does. One question for you - How does your family like the show "The Simpson's"?

Mindee - How old is Logan? I need to pick up some plastic for the windows. Do they really work? That is great that Tommy got some tickets to a hockey game, and you two will get to go out on a date.

Sassy - thanks for sharing the poem. It is a great one. Your salad sounds great. And what a great support partner you are to your coworker to take her some also. I have to say, between you and SusieQ with your descriptive salads have made me stay away from the goodies, and make myself a salad.

Francie - How did your day go today?

Tammy - that is alot of medication. So do you have to watch how you exercise with having athsma? I saw a new Jenny Craig commercial on TV and it was promoting some new plan that lets you eat more, I wonder if they are following the WW Momentum Plan in their new plan. Interesting to see what they all come up with.

Sue - Hope you are having a great time.

Asia - What plan were you doing before you fell off the wagon that you had success with?

I had a little NSV today. When I went to get something for supper tonight, the store had free samples of the very best (edited out so no one would get a craving) and I resisted. Then when I got here to my parents house my dad offered me (again edited so no cravings are shared) but trust me, I love them. I had to say no again. I am actually proud of myself. Then I had to come and tell you all about it, so when I go back upstairs I can't really have one because I said I didn't. Thanks ladies for helping me out in a tense situation.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:22 PM   #30  
ugggg.....

Katy--Ry still paces, drives hubby nuts, but Dominic loves it. Ry has always been very quirky and never fit in the mold, still doesn't. He's creative, draws, writes, sings and has a great imagination. He refused to turn in homework in middle school but would ace the test. He drew some really disturbing pictures during his angry teenage years but didn't turn out to be a serial killer, Was reading the classics by 5th grade...20,000 leagues under the sea and such--in 9th grade he tested at the reading comprehension level of a junior in college but due to the switch from old fashioned spelling and reading and sounding words out and learning the "rules" to phonetics didn't do well with writing--he does better now with spell check but you could read whatever he wrote using phonetics. But most teachers HATE that over energetic daydreaming student. Waiting on test results suck.

SusieQ--my mom has always been great with the kids, Ry spent weekends with her every now and then until he was around 17 and started working. They have gone on lots of road trips, mostly to scenic spots or historic places. They took a trip to a place called Skyline Drive in the mountains of VA during the peak of Fall colors every year into his 20's--he actually would ask off work to go with her. She picked my Teri up and took her to gymnastics, volleyball and basketball and both Ry & Teri to cross country and stayed and watched. My Mom is awesome and I love her. Jerry says my Mom and his grandmother are the only women in his life (besides me) to have shown him true unconditional love. His mom on the other hand is nutso. BTW pink is your color--love the pic with Rocky's fave pink shirt and your beautiful smile. How is he btw?? pS--I have 32 acres of land and know where there are some deep quarrys if you ever need them....

Cristina--Dominic loves cherry tomatoes and was eating them when we were there and his half sister Lily was eeewww does he like tomatoes and I said yes, and she was eeeewwww I don't like them. It really grossed her out when he ate some of my black olives and cucumbers. Dave said that Dominic gets from Teri cause their family eats alot of meat and potatoes but hardly any other veggies at all --no salad or veggie dishes allowed at their house. You need a tiara when ou exercise since you are the exercise queen!

Mindee--realizing that Ry was normal for him after reading her book really helped, I had a tape too--I will have to see if I can find it and let you borrow it. It helped me to learn what his strengths and weaknesses were. Have fun an your date nite at the game!!

Hi to everyone else....

Well...i am off of here...love you guys!!!!

Last edited by jules1216; 01-14-2009 at 08:35 PM.