Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 09:23 AM   #61  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Oh, Jaime. That is crap. Go back to your lawyer and see to what you are entitled. She may say that he has to pay, regardless and have an idea of how to get it from him in SA. He turned ugly in a hurry. **** weasel.

But your weigh in was good.

Last night was my one meal with no restrictions. Only 8 of the 12 of us were there, and of that 8 !3! brought spanokopita. That was my downfall. I had one small rum and coke, a quarter of a cream cheese brownie, some brie on crackers, a tostada with guac. No cake. Oh, and a teeny lentil burger.

But now that I have this gym membership.....I will be running tomorrow.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:43 AM   #62  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Jaime -- you are AMAZING! How you could actually lose that much weight while going through this, well, simply WOW!!! Great job! I can't wait for you to get rid of him, he is such a BEEP BEEP BEEP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by river View Post
Jo, could you tell me how you roast broccoli? What do you put on it first, how long at what temp? Your food plan sounds yummy.
Chop into reasonable sized stalks (the smaller the crisper it gets), spray with OO spray or toss lightly with OO, sprinkle with garlic or whatever seasonings you like then cook in oven at 400 degrees until it is as dark as you like. I like it really dark and crispified. Just 2 secs shy of burnt. Who am I kidding, I like it burnt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
Does being a royal evil wench today qualify me to snark with you guys?
Your snark has been road-tested, feel free to spew.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:55 AM   #63  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

Thanks Jo, I'm adding broccoli to list.

Jaime, your blue team loss is amazing. You are my inspiration to work harder this week. Hope that ****** is out of your life soon.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:40 AM   #64  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Jme - I think L should be shot. Congrats on the loss. That is awesome that you are doing so well under stress. Don't most women lose a ton of weight though going through a divorce? I know my mom did.

River - Have you tried the roasted green beans yet? Same directions as broccoli. You can use fresh or frozen. I prefer the frozen as I buy them on sale for $.88 a pound and can eat a whole bag at a time. Not bad for 140 calories plus whatever oil you use.

TMI ahead - I do NOT feel good today. I have been in the bathroom way to much and am now going to go lay on the couch for as long as the children will let me. There are going to be a lot of TV time today if they can't play nice together. So far they are doing well though. They finger painted and are now 'reading' stories to each other while snacking on cold cereal.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #65  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

I have been having horrible hamstring pain, all they way up to my arse. Kind of like sciatica, but not. I stayed off the treadmill this week, thinking that the pulling instead of pushing off was the problem. I have stretched a couple times a day, which is not like me. I think I figured it out...

I have been sitting in a new spot to knit and compute. I think the sad-a$$, saggy cushions are the problem. I am going to find a new place to sit and see what happens.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:56 AM   #66  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi there. I caught up on some much needed rest today. I'm feeling anxious about some of my accounts, but I'm not signing onto the computer today.

WYB - Hope you get a hookup with Hammy this weekend.

Jen - Congrats on beating the weigh-in day cheat!

Jo - What is "nooch?" Sounds kinda kinky.

Kittycat40 -"royal evil wench?" Yep. Snarky=royal evil wench.

Jaime - Congrats on a great loss! Regarding 'L'....true colors are coming through. And, how long have you been basically supporting him? Jeeze Louise, this guy is spoiled absolutely rotten!

Anna - Congratulations on your gym membership! I see lovely muscle tone and weight loss in your future.

Heather and Billie - I'm so sorry that your mornings started off so roughly. I hope you start feeling better quickly and get to enjoy your weekend.

Yesterday, the crapola hit the fan on one of my accounts. Someone let the ball drop (not me!) and I spent the day putting out fires. Then, I had those Friday evening, winding down, tough week, let's splurge thoughts. This time, I beat them back! I'm getting stronger. Every little victory makes me that much more determined to do this this time.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:05 PM   #67  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

less snarky now. more sweaty. better.
but give me about 5 mins. endorphins are fleeting.

taking ds7 to bday party. just in time for ds2 to have a massive temper tantrum. well. he did learn from a master...a snarkmaster..
Old 01-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #68  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post

Jo - What is "nooch?" Sounds kinda kinky.
nutritional yeast
Old 01-10-2009, 01:35 PM   #69  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

ok, i read thru most of the prior snark and i'm snarked to date.

this thread is snartastic, snarktabuuulous!
i have not snarkseen this thread before now.

I'm gonna hold my snarkomments until I'm certain snarky senoritas do not want me to snark-off. ----promise, no more snarkstuff.

Last edited by kittycat40; 01-10-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:48 PM   #70  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
- L will not agree that he should take over a fair amount of his tuition debt from last January...
I got sick of it and axed it.
*sings* "I see your true colors shining thruuuuuuuuuuu....I see your true colors, that's why I'm done with Uuuuuuu"

Unbelievable...and yet not.

Fantastic job on taking care of yourself and excellent WI 2 weeks in a row!
Old 01-10-2009, 03:18 PM   #71  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Ladies I'm tired and gumpy and will catch up later. My house is an atrocious mess, dogs still need to be walked and I need to study. Loud music will be in effect in about 2 minutes. I'm not sure if I'm crabby because of lack of sleep, because of my period, or because I have my period and can use it as an excuse. Any way you slice it I'm operating on 1% patience today - GRR.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:16 PM   #72  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
River - Have you tried the roasted green beans yet? Same directions as broccoli. You can use fresh or frozen. I prefer the frozen as I buy them on sale for $.88 a pound and can eat a whole bag at a time. Not bad for 140 calories plus whatever oil you use.

TMI ahead - I do NOT feel good today. I have been in the bathroom way to much and am now going to go lay on the couch for as long as the children will let me. There are going to be a lot of TV time today if they can't play nice together. So far they are doing well though. They finger painted and are now 'reading' stories to each other while snacking on cold cereal.
No but I need to! I had good intentions of roasting the broc for dinner but was lightheaded from combo not enough calories on a run day, and couldn't cut anything. So had baked salmon and DH cut all the stuff for the lemon zucchini pasta I made. I did read a thread that had roasted veg ideas and they ALL sounded good. I have frzn beans now so I'll try this week. Thanks.

Sorry you are feeling so crappy.

Am I the only person here who HATES grocery shopping. I'm sure the way I'm feeling didn't help matters, but EVERYONE had their someones there. I mean there were families of 4 in the dairy aisle (multiple families) and it took me 3X as long to get my d*mn groceries. Only 25% of the people there are polite and the rest are rude!
Old 01-10-2009, 05:42 PM   #73  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

O Heather where art thou? I would like to give you a hug for teaching me the right way to cook tofu and well also since you're feeling crabby . I think its a combination of everything you listed. Feel better dear.

Tofu Veggie Stir Fry - Sorry it doesn't look pretty but it tastes good.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:09 PM   #74  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Evening ladies
Last night we had some friends over at our place. I cooked chicken fajitas and we played pictionary. I know I will never be an artist . I was little over my calorie limit but everything tasted so good. I did not gorge though.

It's been a busy day today. I woke up at 6 am and well have been up since then. I wasn't even hungry till about 11 am so had 1 Go Lean Kashi bar. We had some errands to run and then basically doing stuff around the house. I just finished cooking the tofu stuff. I'll be soon working on finalizing and prepping my breakfast and lunches for next week. Its dinner time now.

Jen, freakin awesome. Wow!!! I am so happy for you that you are enjoying the meetings and look at your success in just a week. Keep it going!!

Manick, thanks again girl. I will definitely make oatmeal this way. So convenient for me.

Vix, nothing is wrong with you. We all go thru days like these trust me. Maybe hanging the blue dress where you can see it every day might provide some extra motivation. Also I noticed when my breakfast calories were more than my lunch I was less hungry throughout the day.

Anna, congrats on getting the gym membership. That was very sweet of him. Hope your hamstring heals fast.

Jaime, I am SO pissed with L just reading your post. What a total a**? Can you just kick him out now? Sorry dear you have to go thru this sh**. I agree if you can go back to that lawyer maybe she has some clue as to how to make him pay his freakin share. Congrats on the WI. Fantastic

Billie, I hope you feel better

Rhonda, glad you're keeping the "lets splurge" thoughts FAR away. You rock!! Hope you had a successful grocery shopping trip

Me busy cooking fajitas last night . Pardon the mess
me.jpg

Last edited by pintobean; 01-11-2009 at 07:27 AM.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:38 PM   #75  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Look at your tiny little behind! GIRL, you are getting there! WOW
Closed Thread