Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 05:05 PM   #76  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Vix I love fries too! Try sauteeing (that is so not spelled right) some potatoes in olive oil, salt, pepper, any other seasoning you like until they're crispy. You can control the amount of (healthy!) oil you get and still get that fried fix.

Manick you'll get back in control, it's hard to jump back in all at once and lady you are hot - don't forget that!

Zinke - I think you are by far the best at water consumption!
Old 01-03-2009, 05:42 PM   #77  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I was a fries fiend also. I do still make oven baked ones and eat with hot sauce to get a fix now and then. But mostly I've replaced them with Manick's awesome roasted green beans Way to go passing them up Vix, you rock!

I am a moron. Today I got my face sunburned because we went biking at 12:30. I have been getting very lax about sunscreen, I think because most of the yearI exercise in the dark (to beat the heat) -- but with the advent of all our cool weather I've done more and more exercise during daylight hours. And then the UPS thing as well. Anyway, I've suddenly noticed that I'm TAN!?!? And today I burned my face.

I'm such a moron. Always use sunscreen now goes on my New Year's resolutions list.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:52 PM   #78  
Vix's sister

S/C/G: 206/199.8/185

Height: 4'11

Ok, Vix sent me here, so you all will have to blame her for all my screwups.

Hello, I'm Vix's sister, and I'm fat!
Lets see...I'm shorter than vix, i think...4'11 and i'm 205 right now. Other than my last pg, I'm pretty sure that i'm heavier than i've ever been. Thankfully, I now have Hammy and Pink to help me. Hammy is my new Hampster wheel...err...treadmil, and Pink is my new mp3 that's keeping me motivated. that, and a new size 16 pair of jeans.

So, HI to everyone, and bear with me while i figure out how to move around 3fc.

Last edited by wearingyourbaby; 01-03-2009 at 05:54 PM. Reason: because i can't spell
Old 01-03-2009, 05:55 PM   #79  
Michelle the Vegan

Vix did tell you to expect lots of hazing, right? The tinfoil hat is on its way to you now.

Welcome!
Old 01-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #80  
Vix's sister

Eh, I get hazing from everyone else...I can handle it..

ish.

::ducks and covers::
Old 01-03-2009, 06:21 PM   #81  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

I have set up a calendar for 2009 and read through everything I did last year. Exercise is KEY. I am pretty good at mindful eating now, but without movement I remain as I am.

There you have it.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:22 PM   #82  

Hey Vix's sister! Do you have a name or shall we make up one for you (evil grin)

Welcome! We're all fun ladies but tend to be hmm, how to put this, a bit more brutally honest then the rest of the forum! However it's done out of kindness and the desire to see each other suceed. Are you a calorie counter or following some other food plan? Have you been using Hammy yet?
Old 01-03-2009, 06:54 PM   #83  
Vix's sister

I'm Tessa. I've been doing pretty well with Hammy so far. About 4 weeks now...less the last 4 days. Holidays are rough ya know...

Yes, I use too many ...'s. That, and a lot of tessaspeak, which i'm sure most people find really annoying. Feel free to yell at me for it. Oh, and yeah...I can't spell.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:12 PM   #84  

Hi tessa!

so amidst my little emotional breakdown this afternoon, ice cream found its way into my grasp... and tostitos. Let me tell you, I have never been thirstier than I am right now. I didn't eat the whole of what I had, and the leftovers are all in mr. trash can now, but it was scary there for a bit...
Old 01-03-2009, 09:32 PM   #85  
Michelle the Vegan

We are watching football while my dh plows through the blowout food. In other words, we have descended to the 4th circle of **** over here. Later maybe we'll poke our eyeballs with skewers and walk on hot coals to round out the evening.

Jaime, way to go putting the junk in the trash. Any amount of calories saved is a win!
Old 01-03-2009, 09:34 PM   #86  

Jaime - at least you stopped. Binging isn't going to help but you know that and you knew to put an end to it.

Man Jo, I think I'd have to knock him in the head and get rid of the rest of the blowout foods. Or go to bed and lock the door.

Tessa - there is a spellcheck on the forums (which I NEED to use more often myself!) It's the checkmark with ABC above it.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Alright, Tessa has got me finally posting instead of lurking. With a handle that refers to babywearing, I feel the urge to show off my avatar.

Jo - You're a better woman than I am. I'd have killed him or flushed his food down the toilet.

Jaime - So proud of you for stopping your binge! And WTG on trashing the leftovers.

We're playing with the WiiFit again tonight. The aerobics stuff looks neat so I'll have to check it out further when the kids are asleep and not clamoring for their turns.

My eating was pretty good today. I think weighing myself yesterday and seeing the reasonable gain has helped me to regain some focus. In a couple of days the weather is supposed to warm up to just below freezing and this cold should have finally left my head, so I'm going to make a big push to get out during the day with the kids and then for a walk with the doggy when hubby is home.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:25 PM   #88  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome, WYB!
Vix, I love, love, love fries! Heather, my Mom used to make skillet potatoes all of the time and I loved them. Thanks for reminding me of this alternative.
And....dare I ask again for Manick's roasted green bean recipe? This time, I'm on plan and will use it.
Kim - can you believe that I've still not tried my Wii Fit?
Manick - Exercise is key for me, too. I need to really make it a priority this time.

Okay. My first foray into the vegetarian cooking realm was a resounding success. Everyone had seconds (except for me, of course.) I'll post the recipe tomorrow.

Spell check? Really? So, I've been looking like an idiot for all this time.....

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 01-03-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:55 PM   #89  
Michelle the Vegan

Rhonda: here are the green beans...

they taste about 1 million times better than they look.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:34 AM   #90  
Vix's sister

Kim-Yeah for babywearing! Isn't it wonderful? Makes you strong, too!

I played with Hammy for 45 minutes today. I'm pretty sure dh put my backside on the camera for Vix to see. I weighed myself, too...down to 203.5 now...yippee! Not bad, after a Red Lobster day.

Thanks for all the wonderful welcomes, everyone. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone! And now, I have you on a quick button, so I won't forget to check in all the time.
Closed Thread